Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

BlackOps and desert mercs

Aye i know they do, and its the same 2 classes for the desert ones that dont have helmets, but it would be good to have a generic operator class as the sniper for desert mercs has a bandana that sticks out of his hat and also when you dont want an entire team all labelled sniper but with different weapons. I think it would be a good idea to put this in tbh, but its an idea never the less.

Thanks

try putting the gas masks on the pilots, they'll look more like real pilots :)

i'll do this all the time when nxt version comes out

Edited by Blueteamguy

Aye i know they do, and its the same 2 classes for the desert ones that dont have helmets, but it would be good to have a generic operator class as the sniper for desert mercs has a bandana that sticks out of his hat and also when you dont want an entire team all labelled sniper but with different weapons. I think it would be a good idea to put this in tbh, but its an idea never the less.

Thanks

I will add a merc with no head gear as soon as BI releases a ARMA2 soldier mlod...

try putting the gas masks on the pilots, they'll look more like real pilots :)

i'll do this all the time when nxt version comes out

Why use a gas mask on the pilot when you can use this mask:

pilotmask.jpg

some screenshots of the new gas mask:

hunk.jpg

nbcsoldier2.jpg

wow totally awesome...could u do some in uk dpm camo..heheheheh

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

:eek: wowwowweewow! those are looking awesome. is the pilot's mask coming in the next release? that last screenie gives me kind of a Generation Kill feel. very nice

Why use a gas mask on the pilot when you can use this mask:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4813/pilotmask.jpg[/img

ok, that is awesome, and just be sure to include one w/ glasses that are like a pilot helmet's visor :) So cool...

but be sure to include that pilot in the bunch, as i don't want to have to go through having to change my head accessory to pilot's mask every time i want to make an airshow!

Edited by Blueteamguy

The respirators and oxygen mask are pretty awesome. I was planning to experiment with doing the same thing myself. I agree that black and clear visors for the pilot would be a great addition.

I have a couple of questions; do these setidentity objects cast shadows along with the rest of the soldier (it's not really clear from the stock BIS glasses), and are there any issues with the lower jaw clipping through masks when the unit speaks?

The respirators and oxygen mask are pretty awesome. I was planning to experiment with doing the same thing myself. I agree that black and clear visors for the pilot would be a great addition.

I have a couple of questions; do these setidentity objects cast shadows along with the rest of the soldier (it's not really clear from the stock BIS glasses), and are there any issues with the lower jaw clipping through masks when the unit speaks?

It will cast a shadow, if you put a shadow model in the .p3d and since the jaw isn't moving down as far as it was in Arma1 when speaking there are no clipping errors.

The only problem that occurs is when you use NVgoggles the glasses/masks/whatever will disappear…

Pilot with visor:

pilotes.jpg

Are going to make the M65Z and MSA Auer 3S too?

Not for the upcoming update, but maybe for one of the following versions.

Units look great but now something more eastern is needed *hint,hint* ^^

Well you can already have BlackOps with different Balaclava wear

Select the BlackOp (Operator), put

this setFace "merc_face2";

in the init, and there it is!

But I don't know if that's the "classic Balaclava wear" you were referring to...:rolleyes:

Yes it is, thanks :)

This is a great mod. I like playing around with these mercs on the Independent side and shooting any BLUFOR, but I've got one problem.

Where are the medics? I mean, I have no problem with using the guerilla medics but having them along kind of ruins the look of my squad. And with the BlackOps, the guerilla medics look really out of place.

If you could add a medic to both the desert and blackops groups, I'd be really happy.

NEW VERSION

download new version from rapidshare

added some new desert mercs

added some new blackop mercs

added wdl mercs

added gas masks

added pilot mask and visor

added Terrorists

added Taliban

added Gangstas

etc.

hunk.jpg

terroristk.jpg

ussoldier.jpg

wdlgroup.jpg

talibani.jpg

This is a great mod. I like playing around with these mercs on the Independent side and shooting any BLUFOR, but I've got one problem.

Where are the medics? I mean, I have no problem with using the guerilla medics but having them along kind of ruins the look of my squad. And with the BlackOps, the guerilla medics look really out of place.

If you could add a medic to both the desert and blackops groups, I'd be really happy.

I added medics to all groups in this update...

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

Awesome Schnapsdrosel..downloading now..:yay::yay:

many thks for these awesome units;)

Very nice work Schnapsdrosel. I did notice a bug though. The Taliban/Insurgent units are no where to be seen in the editor. Instead I get two identical lists of the standard Chedaki Insurgents in the OPFOR tab. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Very nice work Schnapsdrosel. I did notice a bug though. The Taliban/Insurgent units are no where to be seen in the editor. Instead I get two identical lists of the standard Chedaki Insurgents in the OPFOR tab. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Are you using any other unit addon? Do you see the Taliban/Insurgent units under the independant side?

I just tested it again and everything works fine for me...

Edited by Schnapsdrosel

No and no. All I see is the gangster units and mercs on the Independants.

Let me have another look. The Chedaki Insurgent list is duplicated 100% sure of that though.

Edited by SafetyCatch