Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Guerilla Warfare [SP-Dynamic]

@ Darkhorse

Duala was updated to a new version yesterday. (Wednesday) Has anybody check this for conflicts?

I just had a quick look in the editor and it appears to be ok

@ ladlon

Yep you can run modfolders to avoid conflicts have a look here:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Modfolders

FWIW I've just downloaded the latest versions of both islands and stuck them in the same folder and the game loaded fine so it looks like Ice has fixed whatever the problem was.

I'm curious... Did you consciously keep grass out of this map? If so, was it for optimization, or personal preference?

Ummm... I don't think I set it in the mission, that's set in your video options under terrain detail. I normally play without grass though for performance and paranoia reasons, I like to see what the AI does. ;)

I noticed the players group doesn't start with a radio after seeing AmnesiacJacks videos on youtube which means the player doesn't get radio messages about why things aren't happening so apologies for that, I'll put a fix up soon.

Any other bugs I should know about?

Cheers

Oh, weird... Okay, my other maps have grass on. I'll have to check that then. So, you're saying that grass CAN be activated on that map, eh? Cool... I thought you had removed it (or not included it) in the map. Ya, there's certainly arguments for and against... but it does look cool with grass on the ground!

So, you like the Chammy sound mod, eh? Better than HiFi? Just asking, because I have no real opinion on either yet, and am looking for which one I should use.

Any other 'must have' mods that work with your missions? (Since I'm probably playing your Guerilla War missions most, if not all the time)

Will ACE2 work with yours? I'm still holding off on that, as I get the impression that it's not as clean/easy an install as the other @folder type additions.

I'm thinking of putting in the Zeus AI addition.... but I'm on the fence about the GL4 one.

WarFX is 'cool'.... but looks like it will kill frame rates (and is not necessarily realistic).

I'm just looking for mods that fix broken things, improve things (in a realistic way... or make them more user friendly).... not flying cars or Disney characters. ;)

If I spot any bugs, I'll let you know. So far, so good...

Oh, weird... Okay, my other maps have grass on. I'll have to check that then. So, you're saying that grass CAN be activated on that map, eh? Cool... I thought you had removed it (or not included it) in the map. Ya, there's certainly arguments for and against... but it does look cool with grass on the ground!

So, you like the Chammy sound mod, eh? Better than HiFi? Just asking, because I have no real opinion on either yet, and am looking for which one I should use.

Any other 'must have' mods that work with your missions? (Since I'm probably playing your Guerilla War missions most, if not all the time)

Will ACE2 work with yours? I'm still holding off on that, as I get the impression that it's not as clean/easy an install as the other @folder type additions.

I'm thinking of putting in the Zeus AI addition.... but I'm on the fence about the GL4 one.

WarFX is 'cool'.... but looks like it will kill frame rates (and is not necessarily realistic).

I'm just looking for mods that fix broken things, improve things (in a realistic way... or make them more user friendly).... not flying cars or Disney characters. ;)

If I spot any bugs, I'll let you know. So far, so good...

Just try the mission with them. Although it's been stated to do so with caution. I use every thing you've listed and I don't see any real problems at all. ACE2 works for me as well but I've tweaked a few things for personal use so I've included a few ACE2 toys to use. Don't try this though or your on your own as far as support goes.

All in all you shouldn't have any problems with the content you listed. It's probably easier to just try it for yourself then simply take my word for it though. I could be wrong about conflicts but I haven't seen any to date.

I installed the newest Duala, and when starting up Arma2, I got the following error:

Data file too short

@duala/addons/ibr_plants.pbo

I replaced the plants file with a previous version I downloaded a day or two ago, and that seemed to fix it. Seems like the plant file in the latest Duala map package might have issues. Then again, maybe my download was corrupt. But, I figured I'd mention it...

[A little later.....]

Oh, okay now when I try and launch the Duala Dynamic mission, it says it needs the duala island file... which should be loaded. So, I'm not sure what that's about. I'll keep tinkering...

[A little later....]

Ugh... Probably something on my side. Not all the files are extracting from the .7z. Not sure why my system has such issues with .7z files.

[A little later... after a few drinks, and several minutes yelling randomly at the furniture...]

Ya, my system just seems random when it comes to .7z files. I got everything extracted though....

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Okay, now for a relevant post....

How do you install the fast rope thing? All the other modules are straight-forward, but the fast rope one has no indication of where it goes.... No mod folder indicated, and nothing in the readme.

Can someone help me out here?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

@MrN: A few things...

1) Looks like I have grass now. I didn't change anything, except load the new Duala (but I'm playing the Panthera GW). Whatever... it works!

2) As mentioned above, I am very confused about how to install the fast rope mod for the Duala GW. Can you (or any of the other users) help me out? Please explain it at 'idiot level'... just to be safe.

3) In my current Panthera session, my #2 teammate is apparently injured (red profile pic, but walking around fine). Went to the medic guy in the bunker to 'Heal Squad', but he says everyone is at full strength. Everything in the sim is acting as if he's fully healthy, yet his profile pic is red. Probably not anything to do with your mission (...seems like a core Arma2 thing), but I figured I'd mention it.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

@MrN: Another thing I noted... I was doing a mission, got shot, and captured. When it went to the enemy camp for the escape sequence, it was night... and (without my equipment) ridiculously hard to see! (Them's the brakes though.... Fair enough).

What was annoying, though, was that once I managed to get back to home base, it was still night, and the camp was completely without lights. I was on the helipad, but had a lot of difficulty even getting into each of the various bunkers (mission, re-arming, healing, request flight), as they were pitch black inside.

Are there supposed to be lights on the base?... or at least in the 'rooms' where you talk with the various base personel? If not, put that on my wishlist! ;)

Incidentally... Don't the soldiers at least carry flashlights? I can understant them not having nightvision... but without anything, you're virtually blind at night. Is there a way to let time pass, at least.. since doing a mission in darkness is nearly impossible?

Edited by ladlon

@MrN

I just tried out the Duala version. Very nice! :) Couple of suggestions though.

1. Seems like when you get wounded, you (MrN) place the player into cutscene mode, which is kind of cool. However, then you cannot call for a medic... and maybe this was the idea to start with. (On the surface that makes sense). If so however, the player is going to "die" regardless (and become captive), and that's an extremely long time just sitting there wounded and waiting before you get to be captive.

So why not just cut-to-the-chase with the captive stuff as soon as the player is wounded? (or maybe a few seconds later)

2. I really love the captive stuff and attempting to escape from the base. Once you make it out, however, sometimes it's an extremely long treck back to base. In my last mission after escaping, I encountered some civilians on foot and others in vehicles (a couple of which were parked). It occurred to me that I needed to take over the civ's vehicle (ya know, since I'm on official "escape" business and all). But the only way to get control of the vehicle was to execute the poor civ. However horrible this might have been, it was an atrocity I reluctantly committed. :eek:

How about the option to HYJACK a civilian vehicle? Maybe they can still get pissed, but at least there's a more "humane" way to get it done. :D

EDIT:

Also, another quick thing. After escaping captivity, I was able to get back to base without encountering any enemy forces (aside from those at the captivity camp). I remember it being that way with the old Panthera version too. Do you have anything in place (for the way back) where we might encounter enemy forces? If something's already in place, maybe consider increasing the chances of an encounter?

btw- Thanks again man for this great stuff. :cool:

Edited by MadRussian

Another note: When you quit a mission, and are back in the GW main screen (facing the bunker), two odd things....

1) Your view alternates between looking forward, and looking slightly up. Not sure what that is supposed to be.

2) The two guys (Commander and Flight guy) are standing on the roof, rather than in their rooms.

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

@MadRussian... Agreed on the long cut scene thing. I would shorten it too, and perhaps use a wide shot, so you can really watch the action, rather than these odd craning shots, which often don't give you a good view of things. I'd lose the red pulse thing too, since you know you're injured (being in the letterboxed cutscene mode). Would be great to be able to watch how the other guys fare.

Each time I escaped, I actually called for a helicopter using the Return To Base radio command... of course, I was lucky enough to actually find a radio. I think my squadmates had one or something, most of the time.

@MrN: Another nice feature would be to be able to 'skip' the flight home (do a bit of a jump in time to when you reach the base). Not a huge deal, though. I don't mind waiting... but I suppose an option would be nice.

Also, when you are injured, and it goes to the cut scene... is there any chance that you aren't captured... or that one of the guys heals you... or that your guys kill all the enemies, and you are not captured? If not, and it's always inevitable, then ya, I would totally just go to the 'you are captured' segment.

Argh, I'm stuck in nighttime right now.... I was hanging around base, after my nightime escape... and it apparently got attacked by enemies! (..Okay, that's cool... Fair enough....)... But then I got captured AGAIN.... and now I'm in a tent again, in pitch black.

What I'd give for nightvision, a flashlight, or the ability to sleep a while until it gets light out!

Even building a fire would be a blessing....

Edited by ladlon

Hi,

Could someone tell me where are the bad guys?

I went way down south towards the red zone at the airport and cam across......sheep.

Also, there are no Notes to guide me as what to do with objectives......

Lastly, I've got Russian civilians.

I noticed that the latest Duala has the Molatian and Afrenian pbo's within the Duala addon folder.

Do I need to do the @afrenian @molatian @duala ?? if I've already got those units as stated above?

I have updated the maps and addons.

Thanks for you help

Edited by Kommiekat

@Kommiekat

from the readme

There are 2 buildings in front of you when you start containing 2 units in each, descriptions of what they do as follows:

Rebel Leader: This action is used to get new missions and end missions once the objectives are met.

Pilot: This is where you go to get transport. Once you have a mission go and see the pilot, click the action then click on

the map to select your landing zone.

Medic: This is where you go to heal and reinforce your squad if you've lost any units in battle.

Armoury: This is where you go to select what weaponry you've like your team to have. There are also ammo crates in a shelter

next to this building but I find the whole process of rearming AI units pretty tedious so that's why this exists!

So, the whole process goes like this:

See Leader, get mission, go to pilot, get transport, goto mission area, complete mission, call in evac using the radio,

see leader to end the mission and tidy things up, see medic to heal and regroup, see armoury to rearm, see leader to

get mission etc

Have a look in the building you're looking at where you start to get a mission. The transport has changed slightly as you no longer need to see the pilot to get transport just get in the chopper and use your action menu to control where you want to go.

If you're still unsure have a look at AmnesicJacks videos linked in the first post

where you can see the whole process in action. It's not that hard once you understand the basics.

@MadRussian

The whole capturing thing seemed like a good idea at the time of producing the mission initially but has been a pain ever since but now I've got it working I'm reluctant to bin it. You can still press 5 then 4 on the radio menu to get a medic and he will come and revive you. The idea of the delay is to give a chance for one of your team mates to come and revive you, if they're all dead that's when you get captured...ish. I need to scratch my head about that one.

I have no system in place to ambush the player on the way back to base after being captured, I suppose I could but there's normally plenty of bad guys around to spice things up it just depends whether you bump into them.

@ladlon

Okay, now for a relevant post....

How do you install the fast rope thing? All the other modules are straight-forward, but the fast rope one has no indication of where it goes.... No mod folder indicated, and nothing in the readme.

Can someone help me out here?

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

@MrN: A few things...

1) Looks like I have grass now. I didn't change anything, except load the new Duala (but I'm playing the Panthera GW). Whatever... it works!

2) As mentioned above, I am very confused about how to install the fast rope mod for the Duala GW. Can you (or any of the other users) help me out? Please explain it at 'idiot level'... just to be safe.

3) In my current Panthera session, my #2 teammate is apparently injured (red profile pic, but walking around fine). Went to the medic guy in the bunker to 'Heal Squad', but he says everyone is at full strength. Everything in the sim is acting as if he's fully healthy, yet his profile pic is red. Probably not anything to do with your mission (...seems like a core Arma2 thing), but I figured I'd mention it.

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

@MrN: Another thing I noted... I was doing a mission, got shot, and captured. When it went to the enemy camp for the escape sequence, it was night... and (without my equipment) ridiculously hard to see! (Them's the brakes though.... Fair enough).

What was annoying, though, was that once I managed to get back to home base, it was still night, and the camp was completely without lights. I was on the helipad, but had a lot of difficulty even getting into each of the various bunkers (mission, re-arming, healing, request flight), as they were pitch black inside.

Are there supposed to be lights on the base?... or at least in the 'rooms' where you talk with the various base personel? If not, put that on my wishlist!

Incidentally... Don't the soldiers at least carry flashlights? I can understant them not having nightvision... but without anything, you're virtually blind at night. Is there a way to let time pass, at least.. since doing a mission in darkness is nearly impossible?

Today 01:41 AM

1) Good

2)Have you got it installed yet?

3)This has been around since OFP, if you select F2 then use the radio to get him to report status (5/5) he'll then lose the red colour if he's not injured.

The rest...no flashlights, no lights, nada! Them's the breaks. However I think I set the Duala version up so you'd normally be rescued in the daytime.

@MrN: Another nice feature would be to be able to 'skip' the flight home (do a bit of a jump in time to when you reach the base). Not a huge deal, though. I don't mind waiting... but I suppose an option would be nice.

There's no such thing as a teleporter soldier! ;) Everyone's got an opinion on this but I find it more immersive if you experience the journey, you may find you get shot down, crash see something unexpected or even have a normal journey like most of them are.

@ Manzilla

Good to hear it survives extra addons. :cool:

Cheers

No, I haven't installed it yet, but after some research, I'm assuming I have to create a mod folder @FastRope or something like that, and put the contents in there? The other modules (yours) are straightforward, as they are in a mod folder from the beginning, and it's very clear where things are supposed to go... but the fastrope one has lots of unique folders, with no indication of where it would go.

Ya, I've been playing in the dark for quite a while now... When I lost the first battle, I was captured, and it was nighttime.... so I had to escape in the dark, wander around the base in the dark, then the base got attacked (in the dark) and I was captured again, and was back in an enemy base (in the dark), and am now trying to escape in the dark.

I would say at LEAST put some lamps in on your home base, as it's nearly impossible to get around in complete darkness there. Seems odd that the whole base is like in a blackout... no working lights (other than the red flashing beacons). Again, an option to wait until morning would be good.. as right now, I'm cursed to play the rest of the missions in complete darkness, unless I stand there in real time for several hours, and wait for sunlight. I've been in darkness for the last two missions.

I'm all for the realism, but I just found that after stumbling around blindly, trying to find the exit to the tent, and then having no idea where I was (since I had no map), nor where the enemy was, and not being able to see where any crates are, it was getting a bit silly. Felt like playing Arma2 with a blindfold on the whole time. Not sure what the solution is, though... other than making nighttime 'dark', but not too dark.

As far as the 'teleporting soldier' thing... I hear ya. In Oblivion and Fallout3, I usually always walk all the way. But, I was under the impression that you would never encounter anything on the journey back, so nothing would happen.... so the trip itself is just a matter of waiting (since you can't do anything during it).... essentially a long cut scene.

If you CAN get attacked, then cool.

Not a huge thing.... As I said, I don't 'quick travel' much myself, as I like the travel and the immersion... as long as there's a point to it (...something can happen).

Can you divert a flight, midflight? Can I tell the pilot to land somewhere, or fly somewhere else?

One other thing I noted... During a convoy ambush, about 8 guys came out of one truck, and the game slowed to a crawl as they landed on the ground. I would imagine that's a CPU/AI strain thing happening there. Wondering if it would be possible to have them come out one after the other, rather than all at once? Maybe that would ease it a bit? Not sure.. Just a theory. Probably not even part of your mod (...part of the core Arma2 code, I would think).

Edited by ladlon

I'm assuming I have to create a mod folder @FastRope

Yep, you can call it whatever you like as long as you call it correctly in your startup shortcut. The easiest way I found is to have: @islands;@units;@vehicles;@misc as a minimum then I know everytime where to put new addons. Then if you add something else you're not sure about, like a soundmod, give that it's own folder and it's easier to delete. Just remember to create a folder inside the @whatever folder called addons for the game to recognise it properly.

Eg-@whatever\addons\your files go here

Ya, I've been playing in the dark for quite a while now...

Dude, you have a lot of patience. :D Just start the mission again!

Can you divert a flight, midflight? Can I tell the pilot to land somewhere, or fly somewhere else?

Without checking for sure, I think you can yes or just wait until you get to the original destination and start again.

During a convoy ambush, about 8 guys came out of one truck, and the game slowed to a crawl as they landed on the ground. I would imagine that's a CPU/AI strain thing happening there

Yep, I haven't played this for a while but I'm probably just dumping all the units out in one go, probably could be more efficient.

Cheers

@MrN:

Re: Modfolders: Ya, normally it's quite simple... the mod package is in a mod folder as it is (ex. @duala).... But, in the case of the Fast Rope one, it's not... plus there doesn't appear to be an Addon folder within that, as there normally is... so you really get no sense of where this is supposed to be. I dont even know if the contaning folder of the mod is supposed to be INSIDE a new @FastRope folder, or if it IS the @FastRope folder (and has to be renamed). As luck would have it, it's the only mod I've run into where it doesn't explain that in the readme!

Re: Night: I can't restart the mission! That breaks the immersion! :p No, seriously... Can you restart at all?... I mean, other than completely starting, which would kill all the points you accumulated, wouldn't it? Right now, it doens't seem like I had any option, other than to wander the pitch black home base, deciding if I would go on a (suicide) mission... if I could only find the Commander! I'll have to look into it.... but I don't think there are any restart options.

Re: Guys getting out of truck: Ya, it was pretty brutal... About 8 guys appeared around the back of the truck I was shooting at, drifted down to the ground, and the slideshow began. I don't know sh@t about programming this sort of thing, but figured it might help (if possible) to unload them one at a time. I suppose that's more realistic too... Might still be slow once they are all out, but at least you wouldn't have the sim screech to a halt at the point where they all exit.

Hey, does this have random weather? Seems like it... That's cool. That's something I've been wanting ever since starting Arma2... Not just an A to B (where you know where both are)... but an ongoing, dynamic weather.

Now, if only we can get the little bunny rabbits to fire laser beams..... A whole field of laser beam firing bunnies would be pretty sweet.... and have them explode when hit....

make a folder called @FastRope

make a folder inside @FastRope called addons

put the norrn_dbo_fastrope.pbo in there

I mean, other than completely starting, which would kill all the points you accumulated, wouldn't it?

Yep, if you've been on a Rambo rampage and destroyed huge numbers of enemies then carry on. Otherwise my advice would be to start again, I know what you've saying about immersion but jeez, playing with a pitch black screen all the time would do my nut in. Which means I need to think about that.

Hey, does this have random weather?
Yep, it might do.
Now, if only we can get the little bunny rabbits to fire laser beams.

From the latest changelog

Beta 0.28 Isla Duala Version

* * * Please check you have at least Isla Duala Version 1.3 * * *

Fixed: Error in friendly artillery array but I don't know when this appeared

Fixed: Radio added to units at start

Added: Laser firing bunny rabbits

Added: Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch action

:D

UGH... DENIED!!!!!!

I just installed the Chammy(?) sound mod thing you suggested... and it needs ACE_SM (or whatever the ACE sound thing is called.

I still haven't installed ACE2, as I am concerned about all the things I'm hearing about the Six Updater. I just don't want to screw things up.... (or spend several days battling with an install, for that matter).

Can a person not just install ACE2 manually? Is it not just another one of those modfolder type deals, or is this a big messy type of install? I know the point of the Six Updater is so you always have the most recent version.... but if I'm not planning on playing multiplayer, it seems less urgent to be up to date.

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

@MrN:

Re: That bloody FastRope thing I keep whining about: Have you seen the directory structure of the FastRope mod? It's pretty complex... Does all that go into the addon folder? Seems like there's stuff that goes elsewhere... Again, really confusing to someone who doesn't know. Have a look, if you wouldnt' mind... There's all kinds of stuff in there!... including the .pbo file.... Unless I don't need any of that other stuff (which I doubt). Sorry, I'm normally pretty good at this sort of thing (after a rough start or two)... but this one is really leaving me in the dark.... (much like your mission.... OHH!!!!!! BURN!!!!!!! Ya! Making friends, here on the forum..... tee hee.... Sorry, couldn't resist...)

Re: Darkness that I recently jabbed you about: Okay, I'll probably start again. My squad will be so disappointed, though... and we were bonding so well. But, seriously, you may want to check it out, if you say that you are normally supposed to be rescued in daylight.... Me tinks she's busted....

Re: Holy hand grenade: So then.... if you have to press 4 to throw the grenade, would you in fact have to actually press 3? (...obscure Grail reference... I'll assume you got it.....)

Please add cow catapult.

Hey, you know.... as much as I hate to admit it, someone really should mod Medieval Total War (or something like that) to be a Python Holy Grail battle simulator.... with giant bunny seige towers, animal catapults, no horses, and occasional inturruptions by modern police...

Okay, but I've seen stupider ideas actually done....

Re: That bloody FastRope thing I keep whining about: Have you seen the directory structure of the FastRope mod?

Yep, I downloaded it again to check. Please check the last post

It looks like CSM has changed since I first started the thread, shame. Seems bizarre you have to use ACE for a soundmod but there we go. Try and find an older version of CSM.

Can a person not just install ACE2 manually?

and that is waaaay out of my remit. FWIW I did try six installer and it's nowhere near as complicated as it first looks but you need to post in the ACE thread about that.

Re: Darkness that I recently jabbed you about: Okay, I'll probably start again. My squad will be so disappointed, though... and we were bonding so well. But, seriously, you may want to check it out, if you say that you are normally supposed to be rescued in daylight.... Me tinks she's busted....

Quite possibly, I suggest you take it back to where you bought it from and get a refund. ;) Srsly, I'll take a look at some point.

Beta 0.28 Isla Duala Version

* * * Please check you have at least Isla Duala Version 1.3 * * *

Fixed: Error in friendly artillery array but I don't know when this appeared

Fixed: Radio added to units at start

Added: Laser firing bunny rabbits

Added: Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch action

Added: Cow catapult addon. D/L from ftp://yourfathersmeltofelderberries.org/Areyouinsane.rar

:)

Hey, is there documentation for the GW missions? I couldn't find any.... Not that it needs much, but I figured I'd read it, in case there was something I missed or wasnt' aware of...

Re: Fast Rope, and other annoyances ;)

But, you are saying to put the .pbo file in there... what about all the other stuff?

Meh, I'll just try a bunch of things until it stops giving me the error message. Seems like modding via modfolders is pretty harmless... although that recent sound mod DID have a folder outside the mod folder (that goes in the root, to be proptly forgotten when you go to uninstall it)... some UserConfig type folder.

Okay, I may give in and install the Six Updater.... But I will hold you personally repsonsible for any frustration or unhappiness it brings upon myself or my family.....and YES, I will return this product for a full refund... as soon as I find the receipt.... damn, where IS that thing?!?

...and I strongly suggest your product bare a large, clearly readable label stating 'Warning... Extreme, unrelenting darkness'.... (Just put it somewhere between where it says Lightly Killed, Unboned Frog and Monosodium Glutimate)

[shiver....] I can't belive the number of Python references.... You'd think we were all computer geeks or somethi.............. oh.

Moving on...

Edited by ladlon

Gonna try this new variant out...with the A2 beta.

btw CSM2 is still a standalone soundmod - you better read the readme/csm2_clientside_config.hpp! ;)

Ah, yes! You are correct, NoRailgunner....

When the readme stuff gets into all that config files stuff, I tend to get all....wiggly, and close the file. But, that one was pretty easy.

Okay, I'll try that again. Thanks.

Cool... I got the rope thing to work... hence, I got Duala GW to work. Nice!

Okay, so I'd still say that my biggest suggestion would be to rework the whole wounded thing... When you get wounded, you basically stop playing, and just sit and watch your guy writhe for several minutes. I like the concept of (possibly) being captured, and think that should still be incorperated in this... but the wounded part is, for lack of better words, annoying.

In vanilla Arma2, you can at least crawl around, shoot... participate and watch things.

So, I'd revert it back to that, but have a possiblity that you get captured... be it based on just a roll of the dice, or actual logistical reasons (enemy guy reaches you, your squad killed/injured).

The escape stuff is great... it's just that long section of watching your guy wiggling... mostly because you can't do ANYTHING at that point other than watch... and that's not fun.

I'm assuming that command gets switched over, and the new leader will (if not too busy) order a medic to help you? Not having the 'Shout for medic' thing is a bit frustrating... even if the AI will come to you anyway... Just something satisfying about being able to shout for them.... Kind of like the pedestrian button to change the traffic light... Probably doesn't do anything, but it's satisfying to have it nonetheless...

Hello! Gave version 0.27 a try and got stuck with my heli after the 3rd mission.

(In case this bugs are already reported forgive me but busy worker couldnt find the time to dig the thread.)

What happened:

- finished mission and called in the heli

- on the way back the heli encountered a patrol of 2 GRADs and a civ truck

- heli started flying circles and it landed to let the captain out (?)

- ordered my men to disembark to get rid of the trucks and the heli landed them nicely (Ive missed an order to land the heli here)

- got rid of the trucks

- could not call in the heli again so I ordered my men to board the hovering heli

- the heli landed to let my men in but now im stuck cos the heli isnt moving and it seems I cant give it any order

Its seems it would be helpful to have more control over the heli and have land, move to and RTB orders available all the time.

In my case I could take a truck to return to base but the heli would still not move.

Not sure if the heli also replaces lost crew but since Ive lost both gunners it would be helpful, too.

Like the previous poster Im missing medics in the team.

Great mission!

Keep up the good work! =)

Edited by Zothen

getting error messages:

for ID getting "deleted_ibr_isladuala

for GW getting "deleted_ibr_panthera2

i have the latest versions of Both islands:

Panthera 2.6 and ID 1.6

... any suggestions?

i also couldn't find a link to a referenced ID_Dynamic V0.28

i'm still using V0.27

can someone post a direct link in a reply?

Thanx.

Edited by dondaddah
typeo

@Kommiekat

from the readme

Have a look in the building you're looking at where you start to get a mission. The transport has changed slightly as you no longer need to see the pilot to get transport just get in the chopper and use your action menu to control where you want to go.

Thanks! Sure would help if I'd just read the readme's a little closer.

@ NoRailgunner

btw CSM2 is still a standalone soundmod - you better read the readme/csm2_clientside_config.hpp!

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Thx.

@ ladlon

Cool... I got the rope thing to work... hence, I got Duala GW to work.

Hurrah! ;)

Okay, so I'd still say that my biggest suggestion would be to rework the whole wounded thing...

I don't think I need to rework the whole thing, I've removed the camera and the player can at least crawl around as is standard BIS wounded module.

@ Zothen

- finished mission and called in the heli

- on the way back the heli encountered a patrol of 2 GRADs and a civ truck

- heli started flying circles and it landed to let the captain out (?)

- ordered my men to disembark to get rid of the trucks and the heli landed them nicely (Ive missed an order to land the heli here)

- got rid of the trucks

- could not call in the heli again so I ordered my men to board the hovering heli

- the heli landed to let my men in but now im stuck cos the heli isnt moving and it seems I cant give it any order

Got to love choppers sometimes.:rolleyes:

I'm using an "off the shelf" script set for the chopper transport so it does have it's quirks, I've never had anything remotely like the situation you describe though. The chopper will respawn at the general refresh once a mission is fully completed back at the base but only if the pilot is dead. So this is another scenario I need to try and work out. Thanks for the feedback.

@ dondaddah

for ID getting "deleted_ibr_isladuala

for GW getting "deleted_ibr_panthera2

At a guess the islands aren't loading up? Can you select them in the editor?

can someone post a direct link in a reply?

V0.28 isn't out yet, the changelogs were to show what I've done so far (not much) and to pander to ladlons lunacy. :)

@=KCT=BlackMamba

Thanks. :)

@ Kommiekat

Thanks! Sure would help if I'd just read the readme's a little closer.

Yup. :)

The readme's a mess I know but it's better than nothing and the mission is reasonably straightforward once you've got the basics but hard to explain.

Cheers

@ Zothen

Got to love choppers sometimes.:rolleyes:

I'm using an "off the shelf" script set for the chopper transport so it does have it's quirks, I've never had anything remotely like the situation you describe though. The chopper will respawn at the general refresh once a mission is fully completed back at the base but only if the pilot is dead. So this is another scenario I need to try and work out. Thanks for the feedback.

Well, it seems that it does not work.

From my previous point Ive decided to shot the pilot so no crew was left and flew the heli home myself.

Finished the mission, autosafe, no change to the heli.

Took the next mission and flew the heli myself again.

Flew home, finished mission, autosafe and still no new pilot/crew.

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

A few glitches Ive noticed:

- When I rearm myself to AT I get a RPG-7 with ammo but theres no RPG-7 ammo in the boxes

- Theres M136 ammo in the boxes but no launchers at all

Well, it seems that it does not work.

From my previous point Ive decided to shot the pilot so no crew was left and flew the heli home myself.

Finished the mission, autosafe, no change to the heli.

Yeah, it appears I was a bit vague with the conditions, if the chopper is still drivable but the pilot is dead it won't refresh. Blowing the chopper up should fix that! I've changed it in the next version.

- When I rearm myself to AT I get a RPG-7 with ammo but theres no RPG-7 ammo in the boxes

- Theres M136 ammo in the boxes but no launchers at all

My bad, nice catch thanks.

Thanks for the feedback.