Sign in to follow this  
mrn

Guerilla Warfare [SP-Dynamic]

Okay, two potentially stupid questions:

1) What side do you play in these two mods? I ask so I know what difficulty I'm setting (for who) in the options screen! (...sorry, I'm not one of those guys who recognize uniforms of various countries, etc)

2) I hate to admit it, but I'm not entirely sure how your difficulty interface works! I get WHAT it does (as your readme explains that fine anyway)... but HOW you use it. I click in things, and that thing flashes... but that's about it. There doesn't appear to be any indication of what the current settings are... just buttons.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

BTW, I've been noticing some weird graphical issues... Some distant hills(?) are appearing as rectangles, but when you look at it from another angle, their normal form appears. I'm suspecting it's something like the fog clipping. I also spotted a few instances where the shadow of a building is misplaced, and kind of travels along with you (in front of you).

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

I also noticed several instances where the audio (voice) is totally broken.... where, for example, Instead of 'All to that tree in front of us', you get '.........that....' or something to that affect.

I also once tried to find one fallen team member (as he was the only one who didn't board the extraction chopper), and he wouldn't respond to a 'Send Status Report' command (to find out what grid he was on).... Odd thing was, after a bit of a search for him, he ended up on the copter... but I think this still reveals a potential bug.

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

Found another little quirk... All the home base guys (commander, pilot, medic) were shifted over to the right in their building, embedded in the wall. Not sure what triggered that. I had run the benchmark, then restarted, and in the newly started mission, he was placed improperly.

1) What side do you play in these two mods? I ask so I know what difficulty I'm setting (for who) in the options screen! (...sorry, I'm not one of those guys who recognize uniforms of various countries, etc)

West

2) I hate to admit it, but I'm not entirely sure how your difficulty interface works! I get WHAT it does (as your readme explains that fine anyway)... but HOW you use it. I click in things, and that thing flashes... but that's about it. There doesn't appear to be any indication of what the current settings are... just buttons.

Sometimes things are as simple as it seems.

BTW, I've been noticing some weird graphical issues... Some distant hills(?) are appearing as rectangles, but when you look at it from another angle, their normal form appears. I'm suspecting it's something like the fog clipping. I also spotted a few instances where the shadow of a building is misplaced, and kind of travels along with you (in front of you).

Not of my doing however I think it's something to do with your shadow settings in the video options, set it to high or above to fix it.

I also noticed several instances where the audio (voice) is totally broken.... where, for example, Instead of 'All to that tree in front of us', you get '.........that....' or something to that affect.

It's because the squad hasn't got radios to start with, has been noticed and fixed in the next version.

Found another little quirk... All the home base guys (commander, pilot, medic) were shifted over to the right in their building, embedded in the wall. Not sure what triggered that. I had run the benchmark, then restarted, and in the newly started mission, he was placed improperly.

It's a game quirk, I've tried to compensate but not always successfully.

Thanks MrN....

Are victory conditions sometimes triggered before all the enemy are killed? It seems that I 'win' the Defend The Base missions before the fighting stops.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Another suggestion... Why not have the home base guys standing outside, rather than in separate buildings? That would probably solve your positioning issue, plus the player wouldn't have to navigate up the stairs to reach each guy.

Just a thought...

Thanks MrN....

Are victory conditions sometimes triggered before all the enemy are killed? It seems that I 'win' the Defend The Base missions before the fighting stops.

---------- Post added at 05:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

Another suggestion... Why not have the home base guys standing outside, rather than in separate buildings? That would probably solve your positioning issue, plus the player wouldn't have to navigate up the stairs to reach each guy.

Just a thought...

I don't think they all need to be dead. I'll get the objective complete message but a few stragglers remained. Best to be careful for that last holdout. I could be wrong but I've seen it before when I've played. Can't say for sure.

MrN,

I'm still playing these missions. I'm amazed by the lasting power of your missions. DW for A1 was played up until the A2 release. Legendary missions my friend. Thanks for all the time and work over the years.

Edited by Manzilla

Done on purpose so the player doesn't have to hunt down one remaining unit for a mission to end.

I'm still playing these missions. I'm amazed by the lasting power of your missions.

Me too bud! As long as people play 'em I'll try and keep them interesting. And working, lol!

@MrN: Ah! Clever!.... and (in retrospect) much appreciated!

@MrN: (Sry for OT but: MrN has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.) ;)

clear some space

Done :)

Hi MrN. I noticed your signature about using a USB stick to improve the game - how did you go about that? Sorry for a non-mission related question :)

Cheers,

OP

This is my shortcut

G:\ArmaII\beta\arma2.exe -world=empty -nosplash -nopause -showscripterrors -mod=beta;L:\addons;L:\@geen;M:\@islands;M:\@units;M:\@vehicles;M:\@Ice

Run .exe from HDD

Copy official addons and language pbo's to L (USB) drive

Copy other addons to M (USB) drive

General load times are quicker and texture/LOD loads seem smoother, for what it costs it's worth a go.

Worked for me :)

This is my shortcut

Run .exe from HDD

Copy official addons and language pbo's to L (USB) drive

Copy other addons to M (USB) drive

General load times are quicker and texture/LOD loads seem smoother, for what it costs it's worth a go.

Worked for me :)

Thanks very much for the fast reply! By "official addons" do you mean the BIS pbo's, like the trees etc (can't recall the exact filenames now - at work)? And if so, do you copy them there or move them so that they are not at their original installed location?

:)

By "official addons" do you mean the BIS pbo's, like the trees etc (can't recall the exact filenames now - at work)?

Yup

And if so, do you copy them there or move them so that they are not at their original installed location?

Copied and moved to another location for my own peace of mind.

It would have been easier with one bigger USB drive but I had an 8gb one already and got a 4gb one free with something which is why I've done it like I have.

Allright, thanks a lot for the pointers!

Cheers,

OP

After thoroughly enjoying Dynamic War on Arma I had to get all this and was not disappointed. My only beef is the blowing up of fuel depots, what is the point as to where this mission is a success? I have blown a dump to pieces and still there never comes a point where it says the mission is complete. Is it a condition where all enemies have to be killed as well? There are a few other bugs all of which have been noted before, the chopper is a royal pain sometimes as when it takes off from base it stops in auto hover and the only way out is to order a total disembark whereupon the chopper goes back down only to take off again after all have got off!!

I am sure in further versions these will be ironed out. Great fun none the less.

My only beef is the blowing up of fuel depots

Glad you only have the one. ;) :)

I have blown a dump to pieces and still there never comes a point where it says the mission is complete. Is it a condition where all enemies have to be killed as well?

Nope. There's two fuel tanks and I think it's the white one that has to be destroyed.

the chopper is a royal pain sometimes as when it takes off from base it stops in auto hover and the only way out is to order a total disembark whereupon the chopper goes back down only to take off again after all have got off!!

I really don't have the inclination to totally rewrite the helo scripts so should I return it back to how it was in Dynawar? Or I suppose I could have both in, old style with the pilot and blackout on landings as well as the new Fastrope style then it's up to the player which method to use.

I will go back to this at some point, I'm just waiting for the Beta to turn into a release candidate which hopefully won't kill my game.

Cheers

Funny, I can play the mission but if I try to load a saved game it says I need addons Caroads, Caplants, Carocks even though these addons aren't in any of the required ones.

Glad you only have the one. ;) :)

Nope. There's two fuel tanks and I think it's the white one that has to be destroyed.

I really don't have the inclination to totally rewrite the helo scripts so should I return it back to how it was in Dynawar? Or I suppose I could have both in, old style with the pilot and blackout on landings as well as the new Fastrope style then it's up to the player which method to use.

I will go back to this at some point, I'm just waiting for the Beta to turn into a release candidate which hopefully won't kill my game.

Cheers

The way the helo is at the moment is not all that bad, I blame the dumb ass pilot not the script writer :) Reverting back to how it was in Arma would not be all that bad if it made it work regularly, I would say that is your shout anyway!

Altogether this is so addictive, just got to go back and play it again....... :D

I've been keeping an eye out for a Dynamic War for ArmA 2, but it didn't dawn on me that it might be under a different name! I'm glad I checked that other thread to find this! Getting it now, I can't wait to try it since I LOVED Dynamic War for ArmA!

It was mega when i last played it.

Hi MrN, im back to make the going hard for you! ha ha ha!:p

Just want to ask you if your ready for this ArrowHead standlone expansion that due out.

It gonna need a nice new "dynamish" for it ;)

@You_looking_at_me?

Funny, I can play the mission but if I try to load a saved game it says I need addons Caroads, Caplants, Carocks even though these addons aren't in any of the required ones.

Did you find a fix? Pretty sure that one's not down to me

@JeffreyC

I've been keeping an eye out for a Dynamic War for ArmA 2, but it didn't dawn on me that it might be under a different name! I'm glad I checked that other thread to find this! Getting it now, I can't wait to try it since I LOVED Dynamic War for ArmA!

It hasn't had any near the time I spent on the Dynawar but it should hopefully kill some time.:)

@TheSteg

Just want to ask you if your ready for this ArrowHead standlone expansion that due out.

It gonna need a nice new "dynamish" for it

It's not even out yet! Besides which there's still stuff in this one I'd like to finish off given time.

Great to see you working on ArmA 2 stuff, I had a lot of fun with Dynamic War in ArmA :)

Do you have plans for other islands and/or to update the Panthera version? Asking because personally, I don't like Isla Daula. Too flat and barren for my liking.

I seem to get blasted by some kind of artillery not long after I'm spotted. This seems to happen way to quickly and accurately.

Also, instead of the scripted artillery that you're using now, what about implementing the Artillery Module? More realistic, more features.

Only played it a little so far. In my few attempts I was killed by artillery pretty soon each time.

I've noticed there are 3 batteries of guns sitting around the islands (need boat or heli to get to them), i assume they are the ones that fire. Never have been able to take them out, as for some reason the AI can rotate the gun 180 degrees in 1/2 a second...

Are these part of the CAA1 mod ?? OPX stuff?

Hi Nasty.

Just spotted that DAC is out for AmA2.

Think it could be incoroprated?

Or might it bugger up some of your scripts?

Worth testing maybe..

just cheking in to my Fav mod. Having had a rather busy few weeks i can now enjoy this mod again. Thought i'd prod for any new info? migration to a new island... new features?.

@Maddmatt. Yeah that seems to happen randomly for me. Sometimes i have a good 15-20 minutes before i get hit by art. Other times within seconds of engaging the enemy. Bang, accurate to the mm. I'm not sure the mod needs that art, or perhaps if the radio tower nearest the drop point was taken out prior then art couldn't be called in... just a thought.