Sign in to follow this  
Mikobiko

Ban A Player

In ArmA2 how do we ban a player?

#exec ban works

However, we cannot figure out peoples player number to ban them.

Any ideas? The wiki didn't have a way.

#userlist does no good when there is 50 people on a server.

Edited by Mikobiko

#userlist does no good when there is 50 people on a server.

after you do #userlist, hit the / key again and press page up and down to scroll...

Hope that helps!

I was hoping by now we'd have ban player added to the player listing screen.

I was hoping by now we'd have ban player added to the player listing screen.

+1 That sure would be nice :)

+1 for that and ANYTHING that needs a vote or admin action.. Should have been a graphical interface for all this added when they revamped from OFP to Arma 1. Please oh Please!

I can't see the PlayerIDs with #userlist, just the player numbers.

I agree.

1)

Can anybody confirm if there is a command to obtain a PlayerIDs?

This would be handy, especially late night when there is not admin on and you want to record a *************** PlayerID for reporting.

2)

In addition, from those rare times when I have been admin, there is no command/GUI to determine a PlayerID AFTER they disconnect.

These two things REALLY need to be addressed. The only improvement on the multiplayer side that BIS have made to this game since OFP is Join-in Progress.

I player OFP/ArmA1/ArmA2 for the gameplay. Keep your detailed shadows/shading/Crysis worthy stuff or later updates. Fix the gameplay BIS!

edited for content

Edited by Mojo

How about if your a client/player i.e. non-admin or access to server config?

Surely there's a way to get someone elses PlayerID?!

This especially needed on an admin-less server.

We have tried using the #exec ban uid, but it doesn't seem to work, and a ban.txt isn't produced, or we're looking in the wrong place. I've tried typing the player name, number and UID all and othing seems to work.

1. For the ban to take effect, does the server need to be restarted?

2. When I type in #exec ban uid, does confirmation text come up saying something like "user soandso has been banned"? (I'm not currently getting it when I type)

3. On our dedicated server, where would I expect to see the ban.txt file?

Thanks to any answers!

1For a ban you dont need to restart server.

2 think u see it left corner

3 the ban.txt you make upload it on the server (main directory) and just fill in the ID,s

Again u dont need to restart the server fill it in upload it again and that is it.

Take a look at this maybe u wanna join.

http://pbl.usecforce.com/

This process should not be this complicated. Please add an interface to kick, band, vote etc. Without this option, team killers can be frustrating and wreak havoc on the battlefield, spoiling the gaming experience for others. It shouldn't be too complicated to create an interface, right?

was it not so when you are logged in as admin you could do #ban (username) and it will be automaticly on the ban.txt (it must be on the server it wont make it self)

I'm not sure why it's not working for our server. We have tried #ban, #exec ban, using both player numbers and user IDs. Could there be some sort of bug or something that I'm missing on our dedicated server?

this is a different thing to do and i know you need to do something for it but this work.

Before you kick a player write down it's ID then kick him go out of the game (alt-tab) open ftp connect to the server open the ban.txt and put there the ID upload it and done.

I know it looks like a long climb but it is done within 20 seconds.

I will test the #ban and that kinda things later.

Durka we will just have to make a list and end of evening just post up the Id's to our senate.

Also I believe we have to make the file ban.txt then add to server.

I wish HLSW worked for this (I know it needs rcon to kick ban) as with a large gamming group you do not want every Admin to have access to the main box or there will be problems.

In the long run though we will persevere and stop the boneheads from disruption of game.

Like i said it is not so hard to make a ban list or even kick or ban a player if you have a admin that can't connect to the ban list let him or she write down the ID number.In this case he could look on msn xfire skype or whatever you use to give it to the right people that could put it on the ban list.

Currently, I am not aware of a voting system for ArmA II. I would like to suggest that all players (not just admins) have the ability to vote on a player. There are plenty of sessions that I have played where the admin is absent, but some jerk is in the game team killing. There should be an interface added to allow vote kicking. Admins should have the additional functionally to band if they choose to do that.

there is a voting system but only when the server admin put it on.

If it is on you only must do #vote admin (playername)

But all this info is also on the wiki page

Process for banning a player:

- Type #userlist

- Open the chat up again and use page up or down to scroll the list and find the player you want to ban

- Remember the number IN FRONT of the players name (example: 54: Ban me (30ms))

- Type #exec ban 54

You do not need his game ID.

Edited by Flightster

non admins can vote all kinds of things

all votes must be preceeded by #vote

#vote kick + player session number

#vote admin +player session number

#vote missions

#vote reassign

and i can confirm that #exec ban works since i have had to ban some fu**tards on my servers recently, however it is also usefull to note down the reasons and ID's of people banned so you can edit the ban.txt and add notes on the list of numbers, so you know who is banned and why.

if the server.cfg has a vote threshold above 1 then voting is disabled on the server and i don't think anything can be voted but i would have to test this to confirm

non admins can vote all kinds of things

all votes must be preceeded by #vote

#vote kick + player session number

#vote admin +player session number

#vote missions

#vote reassign

and i can confirm that #exec ban works since i have had to ban some fu**tards on my servers recently, however it is also usefull to note down the reasons and ID's of people banned so you can edit the ban.txt and add notes on the list of numbers, so you know who is banned and why.

if the server.cfg has a vote threshold above 1 then voting is disabled on the server and i don't think anything can be voted but i would have to test this to confirm

Yes indeed it works i tried it also.

And i have vote off and they cant vote anything

and indeed i also write done what they did so it is more better to see it.

I just hope more admin will also help the banlist project so we as a admin could kick the fuckers