Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

CBA: Community Base Addons public release!

Um, most of the time the loading screen is only on for a second, sometimes much less. It really depends on the speed of your computer as well.

Its not so much that the loading needs the screen, but that people would be confused and could potentially break things if they tried to interact with the system while those init functions are running.

EE you can go and look for yourself. You are more than competent enough to do that. I really do not think we need to prove anything to you.

I have no problems loading game works perfectly but when mission making I pop in and out of the game and mission editor screens alot and the load time for cba addons with that spalsh screen is alot of waiting

yeah with CBA loaded loading screens seem to take longer, and the constant poping up of the CBA loading screen doesnt help especially when mission editing! it just gets in the way! only a mission maker would fully understand lol!

Um, most of the time the loading screen is only on for a second, sometimes much less. It really depends on the speed of your computer as well.

Its not so much that the loading needs the screen, but that people would be confused and could potentially break things if they tried to interact with the system while those init functions are running.

EE you can go and look for yourself. You are more than competent enough to do that. I really do not think we need to prove anything to you.

I did look before posting. So yes, you do have to prove it.

If, by your own words, most of the time the so-called delay only takes a second then the effort to compile a list of credits and make a full-page display seems hardly necessary.

Players don't like it, mission makers hate it. And yet there is adamant refusal for a switch to disable that "feature".

As you said I'm quite competent. Enough so I can write my own function library if CBA starts jamming unwanted stuff down my throat. Imagine quite a few others here are also quite capable.

So justify why you need to have this screen with cold hard data. How you decided that a 1-2 second delay would be confusing to a typical ArmA gamer and it's so critical a feature that you will not allow mission-makers to disable that screen.

And yet there is adamant refusal for a switch to disable that "feature".

Umm, gee, maybe because like its been said many many many many many many many times before that it is REQUIRED.

Don't troll this thread now please.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

yeah with CBA loaded loading screens seem to take longer, and the constant poping up of the CBA loading screen doesnt help especially when mission editing! it just gets in the way! only a mission maker would fully understand lol!

Seriously, do you not understand what the loading screen is doing?

It is LOADING.

If it is slow for you, get a faster computer. They are on my screen for less than a second when moving from editor to mission. Believe me, I move very often from editor to mission as well and it has never bothered me.

Umm, gee, maybe because like its been said many many many many many many many times before that it is REQUIRED.

Don't troll this thread now please.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

Seriously, do you not understand what the loading screen is doing?

It is LOADING.

If it is slow for you, get a faster computer. They are on my screen for less than a second when moving from editor to mission. Believe me, I move very often from editor to mission as well and it has never bothered me.

Nou, you'll find customer relations a lot easier once you drop the arrogance. These people are talking about a real problem. Put-downs and snide remarks are a mighty poor way of dealing with that.

Now I posed a civil request about data to back up your claim. How about a civil on-topic response to my request and an apology to the other fellow for what you said to him?

Nou, you'll find customer relations a lot easier once you drop the arrogance. These people are talking about a real problem. Put-downs and snide remarks are a mighty poor way of dealing with that.

Now I posed a civil request about data to back up your claim. How about a civil on-topic response to my request and an apology to the other fellow for what you said to him?

No, you trolled a question that has been asked and answered numerous times on this forum and numerous other venues.

At some point you stop being the nice guy to people that ask stupid questions.

A strong hand is needed in dealing with people like you and the others that just keep fussing over stuff that has been explained.

Is there any hope of every seeing a stand alone XEH that does not require the rest of the CBA stuff? I too get a bit annoyed at how much CBA actually slows you down when you have to restart ArmA/reenter editor/do anything that requires CBA to load about 20 to 30 times in one sitting (while working on addons mostly), especially since I'm really only using XEH.

Seriously, there are some things, for the sake of progress in the community that you guys need to just deal with. What CBA adds in terms of functionality for everyone that uses it far outweighs the 1 to 2 seconds of waiting you have when you load.

I agree with you noubernou I cant tell u how much I appreciate these guys, but it is harder an much longer for mission making If I could get the RTE to work right it wouldnt be so bad But I am constantly back and forth the old way and its tons of time not a little but your right I love having people with this talent around.

Nou, I wish you stop whipping out the troll word whenever you get a question you don't like. I happen to like CBA a lot, just not the constant spamming of names.

It may be there is some good reason for the screen. My own rig is water-cooled, fast enough the screen seems to be useless. Hence asking for more detail and being willing to accept a good answer. I'd hoped something along the lines of The init takes X msec to run on a 2.6 dual core - it you click on Y during that time we CTD. Just some simple facts so I can understand why and even help you out.

It may be there is some good reason for the screen. My own rig is water-cooled, fast enough the screen seems to be useless. Hence asking for more detail and being willing to accept a good answer. I'd hoped something along the lines of The init takes X msec to run on a 2.6 dual core - it you click on Y during that time we CTD. Just some simple facts so I can understand why and even help you out.

It is there to guarantee a certain scheduling order for the XEH PostInit event handlers to make sure they are processed before the briefing is shown (and the mission's init.sqf is run). It came about after one of the ArmA II patches changed how scripts are scheduled (the 3 ms time slice thing or is it 0.3 ms) whereby the old way we did it broke.

Edited by Killswitch

Thanks Killswitch - that's exactly the info I needed.

Any chance for option to control content on that screen? Guessing no...

Edited by Evil_Echo

Just a quick question, hopefully one of your technically inclined peeps will be able to help me out. I have the latest CBA and OA and AA2 are combined. Now in the mod launcher I tell the game to run CBA at the top and then say JTD smoke and GL4 for example. Now in the OA browser it shows as @CBA. Now after it restarts the game it is no longer @CBA but shows the full name of the mod.

Now if I want to disable GL4, I then get a message that JTD needs CBA, so I look at the browser and CBA somehow disabled itself in the mod browser (?!?). So I have to click it again and restart the game. This happens to me a lot when disabling mods and running CBA through the in-game browser thing. Is this normal? Should i just run it the older way via mod line in the desktop shortcut, at least for CBA? :confused:

Edited by Yokhanan

Betsalel

Just run it the old way and should work fine, read a cuple of pages back and you can see what problems I was having.

Old way works for me anyway, hope that helps

Ok thanks, Funk, I'll do it that way then. :D

Hey guys... today i deleted CBA cause i wanted to download the CBA_OA version... but now i get this on OA startup "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_commons.hpp not found"

Because of this i thaught i redownload the "old" CBA but it still appears -.- anyone knows the problem? or where can i start OA without any mods @startup....

Hey guys... today i deleted CBA cause i wanted to download the CBA_OA version... but now i get this on OA startup "Include file x\cba\addons\main\script_macros_commons.hpp not found"

Because of this i thaught i redownload the "old" CBA but it still appears -.- anyone knows the problem? or where can i start OA without any mods @startup....

You need the @CBA mod folder in all cases. If you have a standalone Arrowhead installation, you also need the @CBA_OA mod folder.

I got Both...so comboined operations...and i got CBA_OA and CBA but it wount work.. i never had any problems with addons.... so dunno ;C Is there no way to reset the mods that start with OA?

Thats so fucked up -.- i deleted CBA again, Downloaded it again and still the same massage what the hack is wrong? ;C

Edited by Due-_-

I got Both...so comboined operations...and i got CBA_OA and CBA but it wount work.. i never had any problems with addons.... so dunno ;C Is there no way to reset the mods that start with OA?

Thats so fucked up -.- i deleted CBA again, Downloaded it again and still the same massage what the hack is wrong? ;C

If you are using the internal addon manager in OA you need to disable the mod in that, but I think you have to do that by editing a file. Look back a couple pages I think there were instructions there.

Well i cant disable it in the internal manager....i can add new addons and disable them too but with CBA it wount work dunno why

If starting with Arma2 alone I get following error message on startup:

"cba_ai requires version 1.5".

When starting as Combined Operations together with OA everything's fine.

So I need 2 cba folders with 2 versions, right? One for Arma2 and one for CO?

Is there a dl link for cba 0-4-0? I'm a bit afraid, that this version is getting lost by updating cba. So I might get problems to play ArmA2 w/o OA.

Edited by DiFool

If starting with Arma2 alone I get following error message on startup:

"cba_ai requires version 1.5".

When starting as Combined Operations together with OA everything's fine.

So I need 2 cba folders with 2 versions, right? One for Arma2 and one for CO?

Yes.
Is there a dl link for cba 0-4-0? I'm a bit afraid, that this version is getting lost by updating cba. So I might get problems to play ArmA2 w/o OA.
CBA 0.4.2, which is the latest version for "only ArmA2" is available here

Im fucked up.... i cant play arma because i get that dumb cba file is missing massage -.- ive deleted both cba/&cbaoa but still get the massage. so does anyone can help me plz

Go to your ARMA2 Directory and take all your mod folders out of it and stick them on your desktop or in another folder or something!

Once you have done that you will be able to load the game again!

Once being able to load the game again exit, stick all your mod folders back in your ARMA2 Directory again and change the start line on your short cut, and load mods the old way and never touch the IN-GAME MOD SELECTOR AGAIN!

DO PEOPLE NOT READ EVEN A CUPLE OF PAGES BACK!!!!!

THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR WHAT @CBA YOU NEED ARE SIMPLE

AND THE ASNSWERS ARE IN BLACK AND WHITE RIGHT INFRONT OF YOU