Sign in to follow this  
fromz

ArmA2:OHMOD Preview

It's already standalone playable in the beta test, last month.

But we have to finish the ACE version first. :)

Then I'll consider the standalone release.

Thanks everone.

Just to be clear - will PLA Mod be working as usual standalone mod or will it force people to use ACE+ACEX?

The standard ACEX is an addition of units, content etc, so the way I understand it, the PLA ACEx mod will only require the 60MB ACE 2 barebone module+ the 70kB CBA.

All the MOD is under ACEX:PLA project, Will relese soon. Be patient. :)

It may be part of ACEX because of the "ACEX:PLA" section...

Awesome, looks like there's heaps of content. Can't wait to have some American vs Chinese battles.

Awesome, looks like there's heaps of content. Can't wait to have some American vs Chinese battles.

This reminds me to one question I wanted to ask: on wich side will your Chinese units be? OPFOR or maybe independent? Because I assume some mission makers after Dragon Rising (or more probably the book Bear and the Dragon) will want to make Chinese vs Russian scenarios too.

Anyway your addons look top quality, it's good you'll involve them with ACE.

This reminds me to one question I wanted to ask: on wich side will your Chinese units be? OPFOR or maybe independent? Because I assume some mission makers after Dragon Rising (or more probably the book Bear and the Dragon) will want to make Chinese vs Russian scenarios too.

He's said they will be Independent, unless that's changed.

What special forces will be in this mod? or will it just be standard forces, I remember you made chinese SF for ArmA 1.

That was of the first things that popped into my head when I first saw this mod a few months ago. I brought up the Bear and the Dragon scenario and was met with alot of resistance. That was (and still may be) one of my planed projects though. If I ever complete it I'll send you a PM. Judging by the reaction from me mentioning it it may not be best to release it publicly.

All you have to do is set independant friendly to Opfor and Bingo, you have your bear and the dragon team.

You haven't read the book have you... It's not "Bear and Dragon team". Its the Russian Bear AGAINST the Chinese Dragon. Plotline: Basically China learns that russia just found the biggest oil fields in the world in siberia. They want the oil so they invade russia to get it. little incentive is that there is a very big gold mine right next to the oil fields.

You haven't read the book have you... It's not "Bear and Dragon team". Its the Russian Bear AGAINST the Chinese Dragon. Plotline: Basically China learns that russia just found the biggest oil fields in the world in siberia. They want the oil so they invade russia to get it. little incentive is that there is a very big gold mine right next to the oil fields.

Ok so all you do is set independant friendly to blufor or no one, then you have your Bear v Dragon scenario.

True.

Can't wait for the ACEX:PLA release. From what i've seen China will be a very good rival to the U.S or Russia once the mod is released.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

Basically China learns that russia just found the biggest oil fields in the world in siberia. They want the oil so they invade russia to get it. little incentive is that there is a very big gold mine right next to the oil fields.

Damn that storyline sounds familiar, I just can't quite place it....

Now, PLA won't be in any fighting actions against Russia or even USA. The most possible enemy currently would be from Vietnam, which is invading Chinese islands in Southern China Sea and india from the west border.

Then I'll consider the standalone release.
Jokin', right?

"consider"? Dude...

I took that to be a language thing. And he means he then intends to move his focus to it.

I could be wrong. And actually, who gives a shit. Why play without ACE?

Stupid question and sorry but I won't answer it. I would get flammed or punished for bad language\trolling.

Let's just say, not everyone loves ACE, k?

ACEX:PLA plan to release with ACE2 beta 2 (Maybe Christmas time)

Original standalone OHPLA MOD will release after ACEX:PLA.

ACEX:PLA is under ACE leadership, more standyard in ACE development and full compatible with it. but nothing very different between the two projects.

I appreciate ACE system, so I decided to join the ACE team.

And I hope more pepole can use PLA satisfactory with, or without ACE.

Here is the most recently HD video trailer of ACEX:PLA and OHPLA

Hope you like it, Thanks the guys who always support or attention to our PLA MOD. :)

Thx for claryfing

I'm definitely waiting for the standalone :)

Cant wait man. is it true that china has the biggest army with over 2,1 million soldiers on duty? damn