Sign in to follow this  
Farout

Petition for mouse fix ~!

Hello my name is Brett and I come from a long history of competitive gaming. Starting in the Novalogic Delta Force series (Top teams int he game, over 72 championships won in delta force),and Tom Clancy and eventually moving into Counter Strike (the most played FPS game in history)

Played For...

- (1) LucK/Synapse (Cal-main)

- Allbusiness (Cal main)

- Xcessive (Cal-main)

- CyberPhenom(cal main/invite)

- NextLevel-87FD( cal/cevo main/invte)

- Gamewyze(cal invite)

- ThePeople(cal main)

- 3letters(cal Main)

- mp5(main)

- HURRICANE(cal main)

- The Real Untouchables(invite)

- gsx(cevo main)

- The People (cal main)

- eX Sports (cal main)

- Veritas (cal main)

- Fivealive (Cal main/Invite)

- Tyrannize(9-0 open playoffs)

- Ballistics(cevo-main)

- isotropic (Cevo Main)

- 87FD (Invite/cevo main)

- BetterPlayer (cevo main)

- IRONY (cevo main)

- Fluency (cevo main)

- bng (cevo main)

- Zsports (Cevo main)

- Risen (BOE-Invite/Professional/ESEA)

Over a dozen east coast LANS (some decent finishes, but never a win)

- cyberzone

- cyberhub

- web2zone 07 x2

- web2zone 08 x2

- ccx

- cyberconnections

- East coast Lan(virginia beach)

- Noreaster(Mass.)

- DC-lan

- ECL(virginia beach)

- GXL 4th place finish with team eMg.

Helped 2 Lan centers in Maryland:

Pulse

Gamenet

For those of you that have played competitive games you should know what CAL is and by now, cevo...I was also a manager for the first team ever drafted into the CGS taxi team. Below is a quick list of our accomplishments..

1st @ web2zone Main Tourney 8/24/03

1st @ TGP lan 8/30/03

3rd @ w2z Main Tourney 9/20/03

2nd @ iCon Tourney 10/4/03

2nd @ FatPipe CS Tourney 10/11/03

2nd @ FatPipe CS Tourney 10/25/03

3rd @ web2zone Holiday Tournament 12/20/03

1st @ Fatpipe Post X-mas CS tourney 12/27/03

2nd @ web2zone open tourney 3/21/04

5th @ eswc pre quals w2z tourney 5/8/04

2nd @ CyberEscape Tourney 6/19/04

3rd @ Xitram CS Tourney 8/1/04

3rd @ w2z X-mas tourney 12/18/04

3rd @ XitraM post x-mas tourney 12/27/04

1st @ web2zone CSA

2nd @ AdrenalineCafe Tourney 3/19/04

2nd @ web2zone CSA NY vs. FL challenge 3/26/04

2nd @ webstation cs tourney 5/21/05

2nd @ web2zone Invite tourney 5/28/05

2nd @ tbg tourney 7/30/05

1st @ CyberConXion tourney 8/13/05

1st @ CyberConXion tourney 9/24/05

2nd @ CPL qualifier 11/12/05

1st @ CyberZone-PA tourney 11/26/05

1st @ web2zone Holiday Classic tourney 12/18/05

1st @ CyberZone-PA tourney 2/4/06

1st @ CyberConXion tourney

2nd @ Intel 5k tourney

2nd @ X3O tournament (4/5 members)

1st @ w2z 4/30/05

1st @ ATI-Revolution 6/4/05

1st @ clikz 6/18/05

1st @ cyberzone 12/30/05

1st @ cyberzone 2/18/06

1st @ theGXL 3/25/06

1st @ w2z 4/8/06

1st @ LPANE Nor'Easter 4/29/06

1st @ cyberzone 7/29/06

1st @ w2z 11/18/06

1st @ cyberhub 12/2/06

2nd @ gigabits 3/19/06

2nd @ cyberZone 5/6/06

2nd @ DC-LAN 8/26/06

3rd @ TXGF 5/27/06

3rd @ DC-LAN 1/6/07

We were one of the top 10 2005 North American money winners in E-Sports according to Esports magazine.

I have played top levels of competitive play and I've competed with the best.

With the news of this game being released I was thrilled because it reminded me a lot of Delta Force, the vast landscapes with a battlefield twist. This is the perfect combination for a great game.

When I first tried the game out I instantly noticed the mouse problems, the sluggish movement, lack of the split second precision needed to be a real competitive game. I really want this game to succeed but the basic's need to be fixed first and the biggest problem right off the bat I see is the movement. In competitive gaming you need to be able to hit those split second flicks using muscle memory. I think the controls should be way more customizable so you could drop the sens really low or really high depending on preference and get rid of the mouse smoothing.

This game has the potential to be one of the best games of the year as far as competitive play and I want to do all I can to get our voices heard.

The aiming needing to be precise is a basic fundamental aspect of an FPS game. Pretty sad the buyers have to bring this to the attention of the creators.

PLEASE post your thoughts and lets turn some heads and hope the next patch makes this one of the talked about competitive games for the years to come.

Edited by Farout

I'm confident you're looking for another game. My pro tip is that you go back to CS, since it's the ultimate game for what you're looking for. And yes, the Delta Force games were great.

I can deal with it not being as big as CS, or not having the tournament money, or tournaments for that matter, but the movement...it would make it so much more enjoyable for players used to ( and it sounds mean ) but for players used to any of FPS ever played, the mouse moves as precise as you want it to, not to far, or sluggish...This game has delta force written all over it...but wow just fixed the aiming PLEASE, just asking for an option so you can have a mouse fix if you want to...doesnt have to apply to the people opposed(still cant see their reasoning behind it) but it would be a players choice.

i'm curious, what is your machine setup?

arma sluggishness is very much dependent on hardware

i recently got a gtx275 to replace my 8600 just for A2 and the gameplay difference was immense

i think mouse responsiveness and accuracy feels like any fps

also, being a realism game, split second instagib-gameplay level of responsiveness is not expected nor required

Of course everyone has his own preferences and I guess we all should tolerate and enjoy this diversity. However for me this rather uncontrollable mouse movement was always a guaranteing factor for other military skills to become more important in the game. :) I dont use ArmA as a competitive shooter and I realy enjoy these unpredictable spray&pray moments in confused but tense battle-moments where a lucky shot could be more successful than any mouse-related skills. But thats just me.

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

I wouldn't bash the guy.

He has a strong point to make, regardless of what shooter game he cut his teeth on. I noticed the delayed mouse response with in minutes of playing my first game of ArmA 2. The mouse "wobbled" or lagged behind what I was trying to do by a hair second. The responsiveness felt "weighted".

I think I fixed it by adjusting the mouse sensitivity, lower. Though, I'm not exactly going for the 360 snapshot reflex effect.

PS: I cut my teeth on Wolfenstien3D

You have all the games you won saved on a clipboard or something? :confused:

Arma2 isn't and never will be a twitch shooter.

+1 for MadDogX Petition

Arma2 isn't and never will be a twitch shooter.

))

wow) im speak like old men)

Wait... What? This isn't a competitive game, though it can be played as one. Whats wrong with the aiming? This is not Delta Force or Battlefield.

I've been playing these games since Operation Flashpoint and I just don't see what difference it would make to have to mouse react on the slightest twitch. This is a simulation afterall and rifle is quite big and relatively heavy so I find it perfectly reasonable to have the controls the way they are now.

In games like Rogue Spear, which I used to play allot competetivly ,I can see the use.

These series are all about realism and I would be heart broken if they changed the aim. Maybe it's not a bad idea for the long time fans of the series to put up their own petition.

The aiming is fine. really. For this type of game. The thing is - the aiming is easier the closer you get to your target, this sounds like an obvious point but it mirrors what a lot of people wish for in this game, a necessity for tactical gameplay rather than pinpoint mouse action gameplay. I mean, come on, give us ONE game where I'm not limited by my framerate or ping. As you listed at the top, there's PLENTY of others. For this game, you need different gameplay tactics. That's where your gameplay expertise will show - whether you can adapt to a different gameplay style.

I get this image of a girlfriend, who's at that stage where the intitial blinding romance fades, becomes aware of the smaller imperfections and decides the only way to Sustain the relationship is a complete boyfriend makeover. If you want a twitch shooter, why on earth would you date ArmA?

Look for twitch precision elsewhere, or create an ArmA2 CSS mod. If BI wanted to be CSS, they would have stayed with Codemasters and have produced OFP 2, OFP 3, OFP 1943, OFP 2199 and OFP tennis for the wii. ArmA 2's precision lies in the execution of coordination, navigation, initiative and fire superiority.

Edited by Dallas
Yea!

VOTE: NO

Its not meant to play like a shooter like BF, COD or whatever kinda game.

It's a realistic shooter, and it's supposed to be realistic, not accurate as h3LL.

I'fe u don't like it, revert to CS, COD, of BF

You do know it's not fun to play when you don't have control over your Mouse? You do know it's highly unrealistic too, so why is it in a realistic shooter?

Bound to get an angry response here.......but I can see your point. The thing is, is that Arma/OfP series tries to emulate the real world, and that what attracts 'fans' of the series. There are so many games that do have the pinpoint, flick shot design, you listed a few off. But there are hardly any that make the aiming like real life, IE bloody difficult to jump round a corner while shooting.

Next you will be wanting the bullet physics to be removed, because you cant hit acurately a target at range.

Suggestion, make a mod that removes the floaty aiming, and then have as many competitions as you like. Have you tried the death match mode, cos actually its rather more like the other games you mention.

Farout, I dont know, why are you posting here your "biography", it has nothing to do with your suggestion, and actually I think that noone is interested in it.

Only problems with mouse I've encountered during the game, were in main menu, and only on very low resolution, nowhere else.

He lost me when he did his copy and paste of his "achievements". Firstly there is another thread dealing with this, secondly, it doesn't matter is he is the "Muhammad I'm hard Bruce Lee" of the gaming world, its irrelevant. Why create a new thread and post that crap unless he's just trying to get people to look at his list of stuff he's shot. This is exactly the kind of crap ArmA is NOT.

Sorry mate. It just sounds to me like ArmAII isnt your cup of tea. It handles very differently to BF2 and CS and I would hazard a guess that the established community (me included) are very happy about that fact.

Bound to get an angry response here.......but I can see your point. The thing is, is that Arma/OfP series tries to emulate the real world, and that what attracts 'fans' of the series. There are so many games that do have the pinpoint, flick shot design, you listed a few off. But there are hardly any that make the aiming like real life, IE bloody difficult to jump round a corner while shooting.

Next you will be wanting the bullet physics to be removed, because you cant hit acurately a target at range.

Suggestion, make a mod that removes the floaty aiming, and then have as many competitions as you like. Have you tried the death match mode, cos actually its rather more like the other games you mention.

Are you really saying that in real life aiming goes like this? Mouse smoothing can't simulate "weight and gravity" for weapon, it's dependant on FPS. People with FPS above 100 have that twitch shooter flick shot control over mouse, while people with 50 FPS are aiming all over the place, so wtf?

It's just plain stupid to keep saying it's there to "simulate weapon weight".

Alan.rio;1340710']He lost me when he did his copy and paste of his "achievements". Firstly there is another thread dealing with this' date=' secondly, it doesn't matter is he is the "Muhammad I'm hard Bruce Lee" of the gaming world, its irrelevant. Why create a new thread and post that crap unless he's just trying to get people to look at his list of stuff he's shot. This is exactly the kind of crap ArmA is NOT.[/quote']

Amen dude.

ArmA 2 simply doesn't fit for everyone, especially not for those playing CS and similiar games.

Amen dude.

ArmA 2 simply doesn't fit for everyone, especially not for those playing CS and similiar games.

Not OFP players either, which is sad.

You do know it's not fun to play when you don't have control over your Mouse? You do know it's highly unrealistic too, so why is it in a realistic shooter?

You can't expect that using an actual weapon is as finely controllable as using a mouse to aim a pipette onscreen, that is just an incorrect assumption no matter what the justification. It takes a couple of seconds to go from look to aim with a weapon at least, I should say at least two to get a steady shot. Even while in the aim position, moving from one aim point to another is not instantaneous like a mouse aim.

As in real life, it's possible to be a good shot, but only with stance, time & practice. And by time I mean taking time on the shot.

I run mine at 40 FPS and have no such effect. Only one of my clan mates has and he says he also had it on other games too. Might I suggest that the game is not the problem? If the game was the problem shown in that video then everone would have it at low FPS and that's not the case.

Not OFP players either, which is sad.

What are you talking about?