Sign in to follow this  
Farout

Petition for mouse fix ~!

Arma2 should scale it playability to option customizable letting player decide how he want it to be played. Even though the game is combat sim it still can keep all it hardcore aspect while adding more options to game play and some other FPS fans that want immediately responsive unrealistic weapon movement, would play this game.

So far in OFP-A1 we have only one basic mandatory of anims/physics/speed, and great thing now we have option bar to adjust gun death zone, but there is need to much more. It should be established that we should have different modules like now we have 4 difficulty levels ,but to playing game play. "looking down the sight" transitions

Every module have they own scaled animation/controllabity input and infantry(any other) physics.

1. In OFP2001 -module we make it just as it was done in oOFP and when you jump from that game to A2 you do exactly same amount ofp movement when forward and gun control is 100% similar etc. So you shouldnt not feel any difference when you swap beetween games. (Why didnt you made already this system in A1 would have made current situation much easier)

2. In A2 BASIC NORMAL module keep everything we have in 1.02 and a2 GP players will stay happy

3. Make it even slower some other modules making it appealing to ACE fans.

4. IN general FPS options module looking down the sight transitions is immediate without any delay, there is no weight or slow down movement and anything to distract quick shooter fans. shooting is precise while running, in general it work like any other fast paced FPS and you can enjoy the world of A2 with that game play.

5. You can have any amount of this systems and nothing is removed from game just added, and let mods make so many they own custom they want.

Give us at least 4 different modes/profiles of this. I guess it wouldnt be that vast amount of time to code it working, so compared to huge amount spend to some landscape design which in the end do not bring that many new people to game, if the gameplay isnt intuative to them, they say its broken and so the rest of game how good it is does not matter.

When it come to design how to player want it to be played we should drop this current restriction to force every player of Arma2 play it without any alternative options and not only without extra modding which never going to bring any new players .

In the time I ve readed thousands peoples post in various FPS forums letting this games away, when not able to enjoy it. Simple you can just imagine how many people have gave up due they cant play it way they wish. Most of FPS players certainly are adjusted and familiarized to easy game play their character with smooth unrealistic approach. This issue is one of three things critical making A2 less appealing to general masses and meaning huge amount of potential buyers not buying it.

Yes this community would get much more CS/BF/COD and what else fans and but the money they will bring is worth of it to everybody else here and can guarantee much more stable release from future, just ignore them any time they would encounter you HC fans.

DONT MAKE THE GAME AND PLAYER TO BE FORCED TO PLAY ONLY ONE AND GENERAL WAY BUT THE CUSTOMIZABLE via options not BALANCE we currently have it and half arent happy!

No-one in this community lose therefore anything and we dont need to waste so much time to adjusting this values all the time to trying to satisfied the concensus.

BIS can easily make a leap over bigger share of PC games total sales by expanding game to cater many other game types in one engine. Yeah keep realistic community the most important, but all your ignorance has cost the latest games being so much less they could be due low amount of work by BIS (there is some need to 10000 coders to coorect and get all things we want) . They need much money to hire more employees to able to pull of sim which can have all the features suggested by community and it wont happend until/whitout getting more sales and this is why so much of potential is lost. I would see everything being in one game and not separeted ones, all you people promoting here other games, so players never pay anything to BIS in here, well done you have success in it for so long. Whit better work and cooperation we can conquest some pretty market out there.

We can get as good game than the team behind is able developing it , could have been able to make it produce, whit small team it is much more unlikely to be come happend .

I am certainly enjoying to play A2 as many any others on this forums, even whit its shortcomings, but as said it feel little annoying get worser treatment.

I am sorry of my bad presentation but I hope you understand what I mean.

Edited by arma2mods
a

Well said Ebud!

I apologize to Blakey as his was the last post in a string of posts I was hoping to offer my opinion to.

I apologize to Blakey as his was the last post in a string of posts I was hoping to offer my opinion to.

Apology accepted :D

I'm not here to make enemies, and something another poster pointed out is kind of what ive been trying to say..

"the game is more about setting yourself up so you dont have to have superhuman aim", or along those lines - which is what i love about Arma/arma 2 (not played Opf though)

its just that sometimes it feels that even though i have set myself up for a perfect shot, managed to remain unseen and found a patch of grass short enough to aim through whilst prone.. sometimes it just proves impossible to actually aim more than half an inch on screen, im not asking for the ability to do large flicks, just the ability to be precise (at a reasonable pace)

Teamwork and tactics go hand in hand. one is generally inferred by the other, pedantics do not win arguments, they simply make it appear you have little to no substance to add. Don't try to belittle my point with pedantics.

I'm not trying to belittle, you seemed to get a little defensive by bringing the entire teamwork thing up - then defending yourself against it. TW is not the issue here, you're just muddying the point.

it just proves impossible to actually aim more than half an inch on screen

This is im sure pretty realistic for the real world as well. I dont think its easy in real combat to find a good shooting spot. In real life there will be grass and all kinds of (even more in many places) obstacles etc thus making it hard to find a good spot. The grass in ARMA2 i must say look very real to where i live here in Sweden when we talk about wilder growing areas. Im guessing the area this is taken from and taking into account that the map designers actually live/lived there plus checking the place out these days its pretty accurate of how its done.

I find myself pressing the grass down in front of me many times to get a clear shot. This is an amazing feature and makes it possible to shoot from really any location when high grass is surrounding us. This discussion was up for ArmA1 as well, and many will not like the grass and many will. Im one of those who like it as ive seen that it isnt the same globally. Some areas have short grass with high patches of different grass wich is very realistic instead of a solid one length type of grass, and also some areas with high wildly grown grass wich is realistic as well.

But i wouldnt mind a way to lift our heads to look over higher grass without standing. That would add more for me personally than just lower and thin the grass globally. Im ok without also however.

Alex

Whats wrong with having teamwork and tactics AND lightning fast reactions.

Just because you may be naturally slow, doesnt mean people who are a bit faster than you should be punished by awkward controls.

The people in this thread seem to think that "twitch gamers" = solo players, averse to teamwork and strategy. I think you will find, any decent twitch player relies so much on their team mates, communication and ability to think on the fly to the point where it makes your co-op squads look silly.

We "twitch" gamers are looking at Arma 2 (im loving it btw) seeing a potentially great online shooter, and then seeing a fundemental problem, and trying to address it.

If it was fixed, and you didnt like it - just coat your mousemat in syrup.

There may be a problem with some users having mouse lag. That may be a technical issue, which is being looked into, that may be a percetion issue as many more other users don't have the problem.

The fact that your character cannot react at the speed that you can move you mouse makes you play the game differently. If you can't react at the the blink of an eye and headshot someone, it makes you play the game differently. THAT is one of the main reasons I enjoy this game.

There is nothing wrong with a game of that type. Just not in this game. Stop trying to make a game what you want it to be, accept it for what it, or don't and look somewhere else. I hear OPF2 is comeing out this year and that seems to be a large scale FPS, with a less hardcore bent. May be right up your street?

Oh...and before you question my reactions...I've been playing FPS's since Wolfestein. So I know both sides of the fence.

/edit: I should have added that twitch gameplay shouldn't even be within a mile of squad based milsim. If you were in a situation where you need to react that quickly to a situation to save your life, your squad mates should have already took the target out.

Edited by thefoolio888

It was mentioned a couple of pages back and probably lost in all these, ahem, posts...

OP: Try - Option / Game Options / Mouse deadzone to zero.

Other than that wait for the next patch and pray to the BI god ;)

Arma2 should scale it playability to option customizable letting player decide how he want it to be played. Even though the game is combat sim it still can keep all it hardcore aspect while adding more options to game play and some other FPS fans that want immediately responsive unrealistic weapon movement, would play this game.

So far in OFP-A1 we have only one basic mandatory of anims/physics/speed, and great thing now we have option bar to adjust gun death zone, but there is need to much more. It should be established that we should have different modules like now we have 4 difficulty levels ,but to playing game play. "looking down the sight" transitions

Every module have they own scaled animation/controllabity input and infantry(any other) physics.

1. In OFP2001 -module we make it just as it was done in oOFP and when you jump from that game to A2 you do exactly same amount ofp movement when forward and gun control is 100% similar etc. So you shouldnt not feel any difference when you swap beetween games. (Why didnt you made already this system in A1 would have made current situation much easier)

2. In A2 BASIC NORMAL module keep everything we have in 1.02 and a2 GP players will stay happy

3. Make it even slower some other modules making it appealing to ACE fans.

4. IN general FPS options module looking down the sight transitions is immediate without any delay, there is no weight or slow down movement and anything to distract quick shooter fans. shooting is precise while running, in general it work like any other fast paced FPS and you can enjoy the world of A2 with that game play.

5. You can have any amount of this systems and nothing is removed from game just added, and let mods make so many they own custom they want.

Give us at least 4 different modes/profiles of this. I guess it wouldnt be that vast amount of time to code it working, so compared to huge amount spend to some landscape design which in the end do not bring that many new people to game, if the gameplay isnt intuative to them, they say its broken and so the rest of game how good it is does not matter.

When it come to design how to player want it to be played we should drop this current restriction to force every player of Arma2 play it without any alternative options and not only without extra modding which never going to bring any new players .

In the time I ve readed thousands peoples post in various FPS forums letting this games away, when not able to enjoy it. Simple you can just imagine how many people have gave up due they cant play it way they wish. Most of FPS players certainly are adjusted and familiarized to easy game play their character with smooth unrealistic approach. This issue is one of three things critical making A2 less appealing to general masses and meaning huge amount of potential buyers not buying it.

Yes this community would get much more CS/BF/COD and what else fans and but the money they will bring is worth of it to everybody else here and can guarantee much more stable release from future, just ignore them any time they would encounter you HC fans.

DONT MAKE THE GAME AND PLAYER TO BE FORCED TO PLAY ONLY ONE AND GENERAL WAY BUT THE CUSTOMIZABLE via options not BALANCE we currently have it and half arent happy!

No-one in this community lose therefore anything and we dont need to waste so much time to adjusting this values all the time to trying to satisfied the concensus.

BIS can easily make a leap over bigger share of PC games total sales by expanding game to cater many other game types in one engine. Yeah keep realistic community the most important, but all your ignorance has cost the latest games being so much less they could be due low amount of work by BIS (there is some need to 10000 coders to coorect and get all things we want) . They need much money to hire more employees to able to pull of sim which can have all the features suggested by community and it wont happend until/whitout getting more sales and this is why so much of potential is lost. I would see everything being in one game and not separeted ones, all you people promoting here other games, so players never pay anything to BIS in here, well done you have success in it for so long. Whit better work and cooperation we can conquest some pretty market out there.

We can get as good game than the team behind is able developing it , could have been able to make it produce, whit small team it is much more unlikely to be come happend .

I am certainly enjoying to play A2 as many any others on this forums, even whit its shortcomings, but as said it feel little annoying get worser treatment.

I am sorry of my bad presentation but I hope you understand what I mean.

Damn nice post homie, I posted my credentials so people wouldnt think who is this idiot/nobody flaming...Ive played in high levels of competitive play and have the history to prove it and I want this game to be played by a competitive community, not just pub stars...Bringing strategy to this game would be fun as hell, but from what ive seen and WHAT ive read so far on the internet this game was released without being finished, people are calling this company lazy...

From what ive seen from this thread its more like a 60/40 split for people in favor of leaving it calling this a "simulation" which is a joke of an argument but their views none the less.

Putting an option in for players instead of forcing them to play it "your way" would bring a whole new genre of players to this game and it would really take off...players do pick up this game and think, holy shit its broken...then we have some of you with your head up your asses calling us idiots...Dont understand why a patch with the option for mouse customization is too much to ask so mouse movement is perfect instead of sluggish and.."REAL" for those of you typing it over and over again.

Forcing hundreds of players to play with sluggish movement isnt right, give us the option instead of just saying screw off.

We are arguing this so much because we like this game and it has a lot of potential...you should be grateful we care so much that we fight to have things fixed.

Edited by Farout

I get it - you cannot adapt your gameplay, therefore the game must adapt to you. Fine, it won't happen :)

I really don't care about Esport purposes but,

I definitely dislike mouse smoothing, always have, i constantly disable it in windows and all other games, Arma2 still the single i play which doesn't let me any choice, so i hope BiS will add an option to turn it off.

And it clearly doesn't help to realism, compared to real life movements are enough limited with mouse and keyboard, no need to make those even less responsive and inacurrate. As a softair player i can't see what this is supposed to simulate ...

So BiS please .. :)

Edited by dunedain

I posted my credentials so people wouldnt think who is this idiot/nobody flaming

(didn't work... in fact, it induced the thought...)

not just pub stars

(what is a "pub star" ??? )

I want this game to be played by a competitive community

(I thought it was... definitely - every time I've played online since 1999 - yup)

Bringing strategy to this game would be fun as hell

(It is - thats why we play it, and not Quake, or whatever it is they play in "pubs" these days)

Putting an option in for players instead of forcing them to play it "your way" would bring a whole new genre of players to this game

(Thanks for the warning!... new recruits = Yes, the "genre" you so voiciferously represent = No Thanks)

Thats just your last post - don't start me on the rest....

The "stars" of OFP / Arma / Arma2 are the Addonmakers, the scripters, the islandmakers, the mission writers... A year from now you'll be able to play Arma2 and the only BIS thing you'll see, hear, shoot, or mouseaim will be the underlying engine...

As for "pub competitions" - its not that sort of game, though I believe the forthcoming OFP2 (no relation) may be just what you've been waiting for.... it has bunnyjump too :D

Edited by Bushlurker

I get it - you cannot adapt your gameplay, therefore the game must adapt to you. Fine, it won't happen :)

Well said.

ArmA2 is a simulation. In fact, its the only simulation of its kind I know of, as most simulators deal with either aircraft or submarines. This is a full on infantry simulator, with some more mild tank simulation and aircraft simulation. Its one of the reasons this series has been so easily adapted for military training simulators like DARWARS (which is based off of VBS). There's no weak argument here, its a completely different class of game. This is not Battlefield 2, or Call of Duty 4, or Counter-Strike, or anything else... its ArmA2, an infantry simulator.

If you don't feel you can have competitive play here, then you're not quite getting the idea behind competitive play. I've never understood why so many competitive gamers feel that games should adapt to the "competitive playstyle", rather than the gamer themselves adapt to the playstyle of the game. I have been involved with competitive play for a long time as well, and that one thing never ceases to boggle me. The best competitive gamers are the one's who actually adapt to the game.

Are you really saying that in real life aiming goes like this? Mouse smoothing can't simulate "weight and gravity" for weapon, it's dependant on FPS. People with FPS above 100 have that twitch shooter flick shot control over mouse, while people with 50 FPS are aiming all over the place, so wtf?

It's just plain stupid to keep saying it's there to "simulate weapon weight".

Sorry man, but at 30fps or 60fps I can shoot just as accurate so your wrong.

I said this 2 million times already, I don't have any problem moving my mouse and aiming. No frickin lag , accel or whatever you want to call it. As a matter of fact, neither do the 6 other people I play with (with wildly different hardware configs), have this problem. They shoot the same in L4D, R6V2, killing floor etc...

Until BIS states if this is software related, I think it has to do with combination of both hardware and software settings.

That being said, there are people who have applied the known fixes for this issue and have had no luck. So maybe we do need a fix in the way of a patch for this problem.

I really don't care about Esport purposes but,

I definitely dislike mouse smoothing, always have, i constantly disable it in windows and all other games, Arma2 still the single i play which BiS doesn't let me any choice, so i hope BiS will add an option to turn it off.

And it clearly doesn't help to realism, compared to real life movements are enough limited with mouse and keyboard, no need to make those even less responsive and inacurrate. As a softair player i can't see what this is supposed to simulate ...

So BiS please .. :)

All these other people need to re read that..

well said.

Mouse control is the one thing I wish BIS didn't change from OFP. The mouse control in OFP was perfect, not broken. Why it got fixed I don't know.

One thing that might help the matter is a cursor (like there was in OFP) which showed the current position of the mouse. The cursor moved instantly while the gun took some time because of intertia. This gave us players a really good visual on where the mouse was and where it needed to be. Why not have an option like that for ArmaII?

And for those of you who are going to yell "realism" in my face, when you are holding a gun and have to aim, do you know where you are moving your weapon? I do. But in ArmaII once I move the mouse I have no idea where that weapon is going until it stops. The combination of no visual cue and mouse smoothing (or whatever it is) is really not user-friendly nor realistic.

-Student Pilot

Also well said pilot...these "players" have no idea what they're talking about, their argument consists of one word...realism...and that right there what you said shuts that argument up...lol in real life you know where you aim and in the game you have no idea where the weapon is going haha, well put.

oh yeah def not user friendly..simulation or not, i def know where my gun is going, in this game its a toss up when you move the mouse if the gun is going to be anywhere near where you point lmfao

how can people like this is beyond me so im quite confused why people are arguing..

Edited by Farout

You have your priorities, others have theirs. Mine is crying like a baby to keep this game as fucking far away from CS/BF style gameplay as possible. You want to sidestrafe, bunnyhop or run through a town precisely hipshooting targets 100m away with a flick of the mouse while relying on you mouse skill rather than worrying about getting shot due to poor RL tactics then I'll fight you and and every other twitch-ARMA wannabe every step of the way.

:yay: Now THAT is a proper reply, imho... :D

:yay: Now THAT is a proper reply, imho... :D

Yeah man that was pretty funny wasnt it, esp the part with the 100m hip shooting, HAHAH yeah dude that was hilarious i agree

Yeah man that was pretty funny wasnt it, esp the part with the 100m hip shooting, HAHAH yeah dude that was hilarious i agree

Hello. my name is funny, and im not here.

Wouldn't you rather a nice game of chess?

Why bother to learn how to play the game.

Let's just patch it because the gamemaster thinks its too sluggish.

If you think that the Arma 2 mouse effect is bad, then try Dead Space, thats really really way off. If its was that bad in Arma, I would have thrown my copy out of the window.

As to realism Farout. If you are after realism you are never gonna get it from sitting on yer arse looking at a screen

If you think that the Arma 2 mouse effect is bad, then try Dead Space, thats really really way off. If its was that bad in Arma, I would have thrown my copy out of the window.

As to realism Farout. If you are after realism you are never gonna get it from sitting on yer arse looking at a screen

Ah i could care less about realism. But not being able to aim is unrealistic for any game...period.

Ah i could care less about realism. But not being able to aim is unrealistic for any game...period.

Which is why your on the the wrong forum, complaining about the wrong game, with the wrong people in a confused way. You want to know what I mean by confused?

Because you are confusing the people on this thread who are complaining about a valid technical issue, excessive mouse lag, that the majority of people don't have, with people who are supporting you in your effort to change the game into a twitch esports tourny game!!!!!!!!

They are two completely different issues and concerns. One has the full support of BI and the community, and it will eventually be isolated and fixed the other is you wasting your time.

If your so determined go learn how to mod the game and convert it to "twitch ArmA" and stop bugging BI who are trying to fix technical issues that actually matter to the community.

@Farout: If you "could care less about realism", then why are you playing Arma2 in the first place? :confused:

But, the mouse lag I'm experiencing does not resemble to me any kind of realism simulation. Especially since it goes away when increasing the mouse DPI (which isn't a good solution for me, editing a lot in several different softwares). BIS should do something about this behaviour. All it does now is make the game appear very slow, although the frame rates doesn't suggest it.

Another day gone...another thread going round in circles.

Yes, there does seem to be a technical problem with a small percentage of people, which I believe BIS are looking at. That's it! End of thread.

Other than that I do wonder why some of you are playing this game at all if it's so broken or unrealistic or you don't like it or whatever else is bugging you.

There are a million and one games which have the gameplay you are after, why aren't you playing them instead?