Sign in to follow this  
Farout

Petition for mouse fix ~!

wake up people!!!

look at the servers please! nobody is playin CQB Maps..

OFP CWC was not a COOP game only! ..and i really hoped the movement/aiming will be good for cqb maps in arma2

Hi thomas82

There are CQB missions. They can be and are part of any mission. If you mean emprisoned type missions where you run around the same 4 coriddors getting shot and respawning ad infinitum ala COD; you can make one and run a server with it on but not many people will play it for long its kinda old fashioned and boring after half an hour.

Most people came to OFP, ArmA I and ArmA II to get away from those prisons for the mind. Why play on a postage stamp when you can play on a giant island?

And its missions not maps in ArmA, a map is the thing that describes an islands in ArmA.

But getting back to real topic which is this mouse issue. Since I and the vast majority of ArmA players do not suffer it, it must be a hardware related issue. I am not saying it does not exist, it is just it seems to be some nutty mouse setting you have, or a harware clash. So can you post up some videos plus your specs and where you bought your version of ArmA what version it is etc, then people can help you deal with solving it.

Kind Regards walker

LOL. I'll see about those vids.

I'm pretty positive those who don't see it have never played any other fps in their life. It'S pretty blatent and redic.

This thread is getting ridiculous. The problem people are having is obviously NOT something that was implemented to create realism. It's just mouse smoothing implemented to help people with low-DPI mice.

Seriously, I struggle to even look at an object. Setting my DPI to lowest and in-game sensitivity to lowest helps though, so I would suggest other people try that.

Either way, I've played the demo and this is the only thing stopping me from buying the game. Once there is an option to turn it off, I will buy Arma II for sure!:cool:

If this issue gets neglected, well, then I won't.:yay:

It's just mouse smoothing implemented to help people with low-DPI mice.

We don't know. BI stating they are checking it and why it appears and needing feedback tells me otherwise. It's not that simple

Either way, I've played the demo and this is the only thing stopping me from buying the game. Once there is an option to turn it off, I will buy Arma II for sure!:cool:

If this issue gets neglected, well, then I won't.:yay:

QUOTE FOR TRUTH.

you and hundreds upon hundreds of others, its not just these forums they're complaining its all over the net lol...arma2 needs to step up and give us the option to turn it off cuz this game looks fun as hell but as of now. That shit is just annoying.

Hi thomas82

There are CQB missions. They can be and are part of any mission. If you mean emprisoned type missions where you run around the same 4 coriddors getting shot and respawning ad infinitum ala COD; you can make one and run a server with it on but not many people will play it for long its kinda old fashioned and boring after half an hour.

Most people came to OFP, ArmA I and ArmA II to get away from those prisons for the mind. Why play on a postage stamp when you can play on a giant island?

And its missions not maps in ArmA, a map is the thing that describes an islands in ArmA.

But getting back to real topic which is this mouse issue. Since I and the vast majority of ArmA players do not suffer it, it must be a hardware related issue. I am not saying it does not exist, it is just it seems to be some nutty mouse setting you have, or a harware clash. So can you post up some videos plus your specs and where you bought your version of ArmA what version it is etc, then people can help you deal with solving it.

Kind Regards walker

u dont see people playin cqb-missions because its not fun.. i played ofp since beginning.. the hole clan stopped playin when arma1 with its great movement/aiming came out..

QUOTE FOR TRUTH.

you and hundreds upon hundreds of others, its not just these forums they're complaining its all over the net lol...arma2 needs to step up and give us the option to turn it off cuz this game looks fun as hell but as of now. That shit is just annoying.

Sigh, I give up, your just not getting it....

NO. And I really don't care about what kind of gaming hero this guy thinks he is. That part is most irrelevant.

I'de have to agree that there is way to much lag in the mouse in this game. Very noticeable on the shooting range in Basic Training. When you are going for score you move your mouse and the game fights to catch up to your mouse position wherever that may end up, and before you can sight in on a target to actually hit it, its already on its way down. Now i'm by far not running that bad of a puter, I have an Intel Core2 Duo T9300 2.50GHz with 3.00GB RAM with dual NVIDIA 8700m GT SLI configured cards and my game lags out. So whats with that?

You know it almost makes me laugh...

A BI dev comes in the thread and says they are looking into it and would like some feedback, isn't that an official statement saying they recognise the problem and will try fix it?

As soon as some one says they have this mouse problem they get accused of wanting to make this game a twitch shooter and then the people who dont have the problem jump on them saying "lol its realistic gtfo"

So whats next? Shall we say to the people with ATI cards getting graphic corruption that its realistic because some people have bad eye sight in real life?

As far as I see it and looking at that video the people with mouse problems don't want to be able to spin 360 degrees in a blink of a second but what they want is their weapon to move when they move the mouse not a fraction of a second later.

I'm not talking of the actual signal speed from brain stem to muscle, which is an irrelevance, but the actual small lag in deciding to move, to actual move, and your mind assuming an instantaneous action, when it is not.

As I said, you're programmed not to notice it :)

So why do we notice it ingame? The decisions is made by player behind the screen, the lag we get is just additional to this lag you say we won't notice and therefore it's not realistic at all.

You know it almost makes me laugh...

A BI dev comes in the thread and says they are looking into it and would like some feedback, isn't that an official statement saying they recognise the problem and will try fix it?

As soon as some one says they have this mouse problem they get accused of wanting to make this game a twitch shooter and then the people who dont have the problem jump on them saying "lol its realistic gtfo"

So whats next? Shall we say to the people with ATI cards getting graphic corruption that its realistic because some people have bad eye sight in real life?

As far as I see it and looking at that video the people with mouse problems don't want to be able to spin 360 degrees in a blink of a second but what they want is their weapon to move when they move the mouse not a fraction of a second later.

DEV didn't say that, just a moderator.

Edited by Leopardi

Im just curious. Guys who have this mouse lag, how much FPS do you have?

I dunno if your still have mouse problems as i didn't bother read through all posts :p

I also had the mouse "lag" problem and it seemed like forever to aim at enemy, it turned out that my video settings were too high, specially the "3D Resolution" setting was causing my mouse "lag".

My 'Interface Resolution' is 1600x1200. First i had '3D Resolution' maxed out but that was what caused my mouse "lag" so i set it to 1600x1200 and then all mouse "lag" was gone and now i can aim as good as in any other game :)

So you probably have to degrade your video settings to fix mouse "lag" thingy. Hope this helps on your problem, sure did for me :)

So why do we notice it ingame? The decisions is made by player behind the screen, the lag we get is just additional to this lag you say we won't notice and therefore it's not realistic at all.

I should say it's because you're moving a very light plastic mouse and not a large cumbersome & heavy rifle. There is a very real & measurable difference.

Turning up view distance removes mouse lag almost completely. Definitely some kind of bug here. Turning view distance back to default levels make my mouse lag like hell.

E: I did same test in ARMA 1 and same results. Mouse lag disappears at high view distances and the gameplay feels much better.

Edited by Leopardi

I should say it's because you're moving a very light plastic mouse and not a large cumbersome & heavy rifle. There is a very real & measurable difference.

I don't care whether the rifle takes time to move and even moves a little past the mouse position because of intertia. I understand that such a feature is realistic and was even present in OFP, particularly with the rocket launchers. What annoys me the most is I do not know where the rifle is heading once I move the mouse. A simple mouse cursor, like the one in OFP, that displays instantly the precise location of the mouse should be added to the game. This, with the mouse lag corrected, would clear up the issue for most people, IMO. Without a cursor the player is constantly trying to guess where the rifle will go. And while this may be ok for close-quarter combat and walking around, it does not work when you have to make precise movements. Right now, ArmaII's control system (and also Arma, while we're at it) is not user-friendly, nor is it realistic.

And just for full disclosure, after trying the demo I found out my comp cannot really handle ArmaII. It can handle Arma, though, and the controls are very similar, if not the same. However, when I play a FPS I always choose OFP because the control system is much more user-friendly. If BIS does not do something about this, I will not buy ArmaII when I get a computer that can handle it. While I want a realistic gaming experience (and no one exceeds BIS in this regard), it should not be frustrating, and right now Arma and ArmaII are frustrating.

-Student Pilot

Reading this thread is quite confusing. When reffering to 'mouse lag' are people meaning the inertia-esque, weighty feeling of moving the rifle or some sort of technical glitch that actually delays the mouse movement?

If the 1st, I say definitely don't ease up as it is exactly those sorts of things why I choose to play BIS games in the first place. I hate that 'twitchy mouse-wars' instant maneuvering displayed in so many of todays shooters as well as their lack of free floating zones. If BIS ever goes down that path, that would be the end for me.

If the 2nd, I haven't experienced anything like that but you got my vote to fix it!

Hello my name is Brett and I come from a long history of competitive gaming. Starting in the Novalogic Delta Force series (Top teams int he game, over 72 championships won in delta force),and Tom Clancy and eventually moving into Counter Strike (the most played FPS game in history)

Played For...

- (1) LucK/Synapse (Cal-main)

- Allbusiness (Cal main)

- Xcessive (Cal-main)

- CyberPhenom(cal main/invite)

- NextLevel-87FD( cal/cevo main/invte)

- Gamewyze(cal invite)

- ThePeople(cal main)

- 3letters(cal Main)

- mp5(main)

- HURRICANE(cal main)

- The Real Untouchables(invite)

- gsx(cevo main)

- The People (cal main)

- eX Sports (cal main)

- Veritas (cal main)

- Fivealive (Cal main/Invite)

- Tyrannize(9-0 open playoffs)

- Ballistics(cevo-main)

- isotropic (Cevo Main)

- 87FD (Invite/cevo main)

- BetterPlayer (cevo main)

- IRONY (cevo main)

- Fluency (cevo main)

- bng (cevo main)

- Zsports (Cevo main)

- Risen (BOE-Invite/Professional/ESEA)

Over a dozen east coast LANS (some decent finishes, but never a win)

- cyberzone

- cyberhub

- web2zone 07 x2

- web2zone 08 x2

- ccx

- cyberconnections

- East coast Lan(virginia beach)

- Noreaster(Mass.)

- DC-lan

- ECL(virginia beach)

- GXL 4th place finish with team eMg.

Helped 2 Lan centers in Maryland:

Pulse

Gamenet

For those of you that have played competitive games you should know what CAL is and by now, cevo...I was also a manager for the first team ever drafted into the CGS taxi team. Below is a quick list of our accomplishments..

1st @ web2zone Main Tourney 8/24/03

1st @ TGP lan 8/30/03

3rd @ w2z Main Tourney 9/20/03

2nd @ iCon Tourney 10/4/03

2nd @ FatPipe CS Tourney 10/11/03

2nd @ FatPipe CS Tourney 10/25/03

3rd @ web2zone Holiday Tournament 12/20/03

1st @ Fatpipe Post X-mas CS tourney 12/27/03

2nd @ web2zone open tourney 3/21/04

5th @ eswc pre quals w2z tourney 5/8/04

2nd @ CyberEscape Tourney 6/19/04

3rd @ Xitram CS Tourney 8/1/04

3rd @ w2z X-mas tourney 12/18/04

3rd @ XitraM post x-mas tourney 12/27/04

1st @ web2zone CSA

2nd @ AdrenalineCafe Tourney 3/19/04

2nd @ web2zone CSA NY vs. FL challenge 3/26/04

2nd @ webstation cs tourney 5/21/05

2nd @ web2zone Invite tourney 5/28/05

2nd @ tbg tourney 7/30/05

1st @ CyberConXion tourney 8/13/05

1st @ CyberConXion tourney 9/24/05

2nd @ CPL qualifier 11/12/05

1st @ CyberZone-PA tourney 11/26/05

1st @ web2zone Holiday Classic tourney 12/18/05

1st @ CyberZone-PA tourney 2/4/06

1st @ CyberConXion tourney

2nd @ Intel 5k tourney

2nd @ X3O tournament (4/5 members)

1st @ w2z 4/30/05

1st @ ATI-Revolution 6/4/05

1st @ clikz 6/18/05

1st @ cyberzone 12/30/05

1st @ cyberzone 2/18/06

1st @ theGXL 3/25/06

1st @ w2z 4/8/06

1st @ LPANE Nor'Easter 4/29/06

1st @ cyberzone 7/29/06

1st @ w2z 11/18/06

1st @ cyberhub 12/2/06

2nd @ gigabits 3/19/06

2nd @ cyberZone 5/6/06

2nd @ DC-LAN 8/26/06

3rd @ TXGF 5/27/06

3rd @ DC-LAN 1/6/07

We were one of the top 10 2005 North American money winners in E-Sports according to Esports magazine.

I have played top levels of competitive play and I've competed with the best.

When I first tried the game out I instantly noticed the mouse problems, the sluggish movement, lack of the split second precision needed to be a real competitive game.

PLEASE post your thoughts and lets turn some heads and hope the next patch makes this one of the talked about competitive games for the years to come.

Hi there Brett! My name is Bob.

Im a competitive fisher myself and come from a old breed of fishers dating back to my dad in the 50's.

I used to fish in..

the pond close to my uncles house

the river north of the town

by the reservoir

and once on our backyard fountain when i was a bit younger

I helped moving my friend the other day and i think he had some seafood dish later that night. I instantly recognized it since im a competitive fisher myself. Those who didnt know yet, the seafood place by the piers got closed down last week. I think they are planning a Starbucks on the spot.

Local paper ran an article on me couple of months ago. Well, it wasnt really about me, but of a fisher named Bob. Like me! But not really me. Just the same name.

Anyways, i totally disagree with your stupid idea to reverse the war simulator we have here, to a complete frag-fest twitch game like CS. Please try not to spread your ideas since they lack common sense. Thanks.

:yay:

The people who genuinely believe that this was implemented to make the game more realistic make me laugh, hard. That is absolutely hilarious. No game company in their right mind would ever do such a thing, and please stop voicing your hatred for all the games you played and sucked at. Kthxbye

The people who genuinely believe that this was implemented to make the game more realistic make me laugh, hard. That is absolutely hilarious. No game company in their right mind would ever do such a thing, and please stop voicing your hatred for all the games you played and sucked at. Kthxbye

Kthxbye.

I haven't played the game or demo yet, but this mouse "lag" issue seems to be pretty big. However, there seems to be numerous things for what this "lag" represents.

If by this mouse "lag" people mean a sort of heavy feeling to mouse aim, I can understand it, giving that this game is supposed to be more of a simulator than an arcade game, and would still be looking very much forward to playing it in the future.

But if by this mouse "lag" people are referring to input lag, this would be a bug and must be fixed. If BIS were to acknowledge it and state no fix is on the way, that would be a shame.

Now, to be clear, which mouse "lag" is this thread referring to?

A: Heavy mouse aim

B:

I haven't played the game or demo yet, but this mouse "lag" issue seems to be pretty big. However, there seems to be numerous things for what this "lag" represents.

If by this mouse "lag" people mean a sort of heavy feeling to mouse aim, I can understand it, giving that this game is supposed to be more of a simulator than an arcade game, and would still be looking very much forward to playing it in the future.

But if by this mouse "lag" people are referring to input lag, this would be a bug and must be fixed. If BIS were to acknowledge it and state no fix is on the way, that would be a shame.

Now, to be clear, which mouse "lag" is this thread referring to?

A: Heavy mouse aim

B:

ABSOLUTELY it is input lag!!! First off, let me just post my PC specs.

I have an iCore7 2.67 on an ASUS P6T, running 6 gigs DDR3 @1600mhz, with dedicated game Raptor 10k hard drive, and dual 275 GTX in SLI.

I previously had dual 8800 GTX in SLI.

In BOTH setups, at very high settings, the mouse lag is horrible.

When I adjust down to high settings, the mouse lag goes away.

Now... I am only running the game at 1280x1024... I ran Far Cry 2 and Crysis at max ultra settings, and could not break below 59 FPS - consistent, no matter how intense the scene.

Here in the ArmA II demo, my monster machine is having a hard time translating mouse inputs? Or more appropriately, it's taking that long for the game to call the necessary visuals, motions, etc... to my lightning fast hardware?

This is no "intentional" simulation design - what gives?