Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

Thanks Colt. Tried that, changed drivers about 5 times, vacuumed everything out and about. Finally swapped out a 9800gtx and this worked find. Put my 9800gx2 back in and same original result. Play the game 5 minutes in it drops to desktop and the game continues on but I cant get back in. Ordered a new video card. Hopefully that will cure it. I dont see any way to control the card fans etc.

give the pc a clean out. and i'm talking a hoover and a 1" paint brush. clean the cooling fans off, and the heat sinks on everything that has them. sounds like its overheating.

gunterlund i had that same problem with my old 8800, i gave up on it and bought a 285gtx and then i would crash to desktop every 5 minutes instead but now them problems have been ironed out in the latest beta patches but last night I copped a blue screen of death lol hopfully it isnt a frequent thing.

Some new nvidia drivers available as of 26th of november 2009 "195.62whql" might be good.

gunterlund i had that same problem with my old 8800, i gave up on it and bought a 285gtx and then i would crash to desktop every 5 minutes instead but now them problems have been ironed out in the latest beta patches but last night I copped a blue screen of death lol hopfully it isnt a frequent thing.

Some new nvidia drivers available as of 26th of november 2009 "195.62whql" might be good.

the BSOD could be hardware failure, it could also be driver failure, just check to see if your system is over heating. furr in the heatsinks can cause this. anything electrical creats static, the static attracts dust and floating fibres like theres no tomorrow. so being sure your system is dust/furr free is a good way to maintain efficiancy.

i life in a no smoking house and still have to hoover my system out maybe once a month even though this place is maticulously cleaned.

You know you shouldnt really take a hover ot a pcs insides, could cause static and damage the components. I use a can of compressed air.

You know you shouldnt really take a hover ot a pcs insides, could cause static and damage the components. I use a can of compressed air.

i have never had a problem, plastic nozle and it never touches a component. maybe i just know what i'm doin?

i used to use the airline and that does clear things but its more harmful than a vac. its like 'we SHOULD wear an earth strap' that plugs into a socket before opening the case, i never owned one of those either :p

It doesn't need to touch anything the static can jump a gap of a few mm, I noticed that our Dyson really creates quite a good static discharge probably due to all the plastic.

I do not have a strap neither, but I will always touch those 1/2 screws holding either a light or outlet plate, it will discharge any built up static on myself... zap

Ofcourse, I prefer no static=no zap.

I got a GTX285 and had those CTD's because i changed Video memory from High to Default. So if the CTD's somehow returns then try adjust your Video memory settings.

Default is = CTD with my GTX285.

I got a GTX285 and had those CTD's because i changed Video memory from High to Default. So if the CTD's somehow returns then try adjust your Video memory settings.

Default is = CTD with my GTX285.

Same here, 1gig 285.

High seems to be perfect for me.

Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz

Windows 7 64-bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285 1gb (195.62 driver)

Very annoying. My PC freezes and monitor goes into power save mode after around 10 minutes of play. Anyone else experiencing this with similar system specs? I'm running the latest Arma beta, it doesn't happen with any other game I try. Have tried fiddling with the settings, video memory=high,default etc. Disabling v-sync and lots of stuff suggested in the thread but no luck.

The really annoying this is the game actually runs like a dream, 50-60 FPS.

A. Control Panels > NVIDIA PhysX control panel > Settings > switch to NO PHysx acceleration ! > click on "OK"

B. Right click on desktop > NVIDIA Control Panel > Set Physx configuration > Select "Disabled" > Click on "Apply"

Re-enabling PhysX with latest drivers improves/has no effect on performance? can anyone confirm?

Tried all this and nothing. However, I don't really have FPS issues just walking around. My issue is certain guns, i.e. the 107 with the scope or the XM8 with the scope. I am fine running around outside with distance set to 10K and everything on high to very high settings. But, as soon as I scope I go right in the toilet with FPS...And occasionally I get "pops" in the world textures, where it looks like screen tearing where it goes all white for a second and then stutters. Although, tonight, I was getting really bad stuttering playing a specops coop game made by USI guys/gals. Anyways, there it is, I guess all is well as long as I don't use any gun besides the M16 or M4...:yay: Oh yeah I have to do that stupid -winxp so I don't load with textures missing all over the place.

PhysX_9.09.0814

nVida 195.62 drivers

Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.090803-2339)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: System manufacturer

System Model: System Product Name

BIOS: BIOS Date: 09/02/09 18:58:13 Ver: 08.00.15

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 8182MB RAM

Page File: 1364MB used, 15045MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 64bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 295

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 295

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05EB&SUBSYS_070510DE&REV_A1

Display Memory: 4077 MB

Dedicated Memory: 877 MB

Shared Memory: 3199 MB

Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um

Driver Version: 8.17.0011.9562 (English)

DDI Version: 10

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 11/20/2009 18:34:54, 11775080 bytes

WHQL Logo'd: Yes

Tried all this and nothing. However, I don't really have FPS issues just walking around. My issue is certain guns, i.e. the 107 with the scope or the XM8 with the scope. I am fine running around outside with distance set to 10K and everything on high to very high settings. But, as soon as I scope I go right in the toilet with FPS...And occasionally I get "pops" in the world textures, where it looks like screen tearing where it goes all white for a second and then stutters. Although, tonight, I was getting really bad stuttering playing a specops coop game made by USI guys/gals. Anyways, there it is, I guess all is well as long as I don't use any gun besides the M16 or M4...:yay: Oh yeah I have to do that stupid -winxp so I don't load with textures missing all over the place.

PhysX_9.09.0814

nVida 195.62 drivers

I also have the exact same problem (ontop of all my other CTDs) with Vista 64bit and the nVida 195.62 drivers. My performance is alot worse, textures popping in and out all over the place and sometimes severe artifacting leading to a crash (at a mere 50 degrees C i might add). Terrible drivers for ARMA2 in my opinion, im reverting immediately.

Vista 64bit

i7 920

GTX 285

Asus P6T

Hello

Everything worked well...

With patch 1.05, I now have a graphic bug.

The textures are degraded in darkness, coupled with a kind of constant flash.

My graphic card: geforce 8800 gt

Maj Nvidia graphic drivers: 195.81 (without solving the problem)

PhysX is disabled

In-game options, adjusting the post-processing or disabling it is a bit better but still not enough.

What have you done Mr Bis? :butbut:

Not much of an improvement im 'fraid :(

I have a GeForce 9500gt 1gb, intel quad core 2.83GHz, 4gb RAM...

on LOWEST settings i can get around 25-30fps in clear fields and 15-25fps in woodland....

This is silly.... any suggestions?

I have an 9800GT with 1GB RAM, Phenom 2 X4 (4x3 GHz) and 4 GB RAM (3GB usable, 32 bit OS).

Settings maxed, only Postprocess is turned off ATM, view distance set to 2500 meters, performance fantastic.:bounce3:

How many fps? I don`t care, as long the Game runs this good.

ArmA 1.05 off course, in use with ACE 2.

Hello

Everything worked well...

With patch 1.05, I now have a graphic bug.

The textures are degraded in darkness, coupled with a kind of constant flash.

My graphic card: geforce 8800 gt

Maj Nvidia graphic drivers: 195.81 (without solving the problem)

PhysX is disabled

In-game options, adjusting the post-processing or disabling it is a bit better but still not enough.

What have you done Mr Bis? :butbut:

I Have the some problem like You. I have GeForce GTS 250 and the drivers 195.62. When I instal patch 1.05 textures are darkness, low quality and flashing. The postprocessing I have off but it is not sollution.

I Have the some problem like You. I have GeForce GTS 250 and the drivers 195.62. When I instal patch 1.05 textures are darkness, low quality and flashing. The postprocessing I have off but it is not sollution.

ive gotten stable fps in the 30s jumps higher but thats 30s in woodland areas

quality appears low, and more often then not objects will appear completely dark during the day time

as for the flashing, my screen only flashes during the 'receiving' part when loading, ive stopped it from flashing when i was benchmarking a bunch of different settings to get a minmaxavg of fps. im on my linux build, so ill get at those files later and put them on here

I had texture problems galore when I first ran ARMA2 on my GTX 285 and Windows 7 64. This recommendation in small print from the first page of this thread helped me..

NOTE:

on some OS (e.g. Vista64) with 4+> GB there is need to startup game with -winxp commandline paramater (arma2.exe -winxp)

GTX 260 (216)

I7 920

4GB RAM

10,000 RPM hard drive

Windows 7 64 bit

That said vegetation lags the hell out of me, especially looking at it through a scope or up close.

I want to run this game at 1920x1200 with the lowest level of AA and no post-processing effects. Should I be able to with a decent FPS?

Also I keep crashing to desktop, even on WinXP SP2 comparability mode. This is usually preceded by some visual glitches and artifacts. Things start flashing gray and all sorts of bad things happen.

I really want to play multiplayer ACE2 but I can't with all of this.

Hmm...In forrests performance is ok (20-30 fps) but in towns or villages I have only 10-20 fps. I cant use patch 1.05 becouse I still have poblem witch flashing textures.

My comp spec.

Core2duo 1,86GHz

3GB DDR2 533Mhz

GeForce GTS 250 512 MB

and two disks 7200 with 32MB buffers

Windows 7 32bits.

Resolution 1680x1050 and everything switch to normal without postprocessing (off).