Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

NVIDIA video card(s) owners read here!

Just installed my new GTX295 and I can't say it's alot more different. Texture still is a bit slow to load from time to time and turning your view still makes you lag a bit.

There is a new issue that is a bit annoying and that is flickering (black & white or grey & white) when you have the "receiving..." screen. Hardly worth mentioning, but it's still an abnormal behaviour. Used the same settings as I did before as well as disabling V-sync. I haven't tried out the beta with the pre-render frame setting, but I'll get to that.

Just thought I'd report what the first impression of a new Nvidia card was like. Here are my settings / hardware / driver versions.

Try new GeForce/ION Driver 191.07 WHQL.

# Accelerates performance in several gaming applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with version 191.07 drivers vs. version 190.62 drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):

* Up to 12% performance increase in ARMA 2 ......

Cheers, I'll try these, but I had the 191.03 betas that had this same improvement and noticed no FPS change whatsoever.

(results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings) How convenient... :rolleyes:

My fps increased somewhere between 3-5 fps on village sweep scenario. That is the mission i always try for benchmarking.

Better than nothing i think. The driver log said up to 12 % increase so it's not guaranteed you get so much on your rig.

Hiya all

Hope Im posting in the right section - apologies if Im not.

Ive just installed the latest drivers 191.07, and now all the images are very cartoonified, and blocky if that makes any sense at all! Everything was ok pre installation of the new drivers.

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers

Spartan

addendum:

I did a clean install of the 191.07s. They seem to be performing better now, and I do like the better looking visuals they give on my BFG GTX 295. Will stick with these for awhile.

Edited by Shataan

Hiya all

Hope Im posting in the right section - apologies if Im not.

Ive just installed the latest drivers 191.07, and now all the images are very cartoonified, and blocky if that makes any sense at all! Everything was ok pre installation of the new drivers.

Can anyone help me please?

Cheers

Spartan

I had the same problem when I updated my drivers , using the beta drivers "seems" to fix it...

...is this a problem with the game or the drivers we are getting ? And are they going to fix it ? :mad:

Toshiba Qosmio x300, core duo p7350, have Geforce 9700m GTS 7.15.0011.7590 ... Since this laptop driver HAS to be downloaded from the toshiba site, i'm unable to install the nvidia beta driver. What should I do? Been fiddling with the options for hours and it's crap like this that makes me want to goto consoles. ERRRG I love arma/ the old ofp! Jebus help me!!!

Is there a step-by-step tweak guide for 8800GTX? I couldn't follow the meaning in the statement about PhsX. Need: 1. Link to the best known video driver package for Arma2, 2. the exact DirectX version to have (I already upgraded to Sept 09 release...did i boo-boo?), 3. Config files and their non-local values.

I am brand new to this game...although I've suffered through 4 days of even getting it installed by dvd without the drm blowing it every time. In the end, SafeMode install was the magic bullet. Shoulda Steamed it. Anyways, this game simply blows me away. I'm 'bout ready to upgrade my vid card. Until then, I'd just like the best performance I can squeeze from this old and (recently) unstable 8800, I'd appreciate any response from owners of the 8800 generation, maybe best if running WinXP-SP3 too so that I have a solid baseline to begin comparison from. Many thanks in advance.

q6600 oced to 3.4 ghz, GTX 280, 4 gig ram Xp 32 - 3 gig showing, sound blaster xfi, mobo = abit ip35 pro. Graphics drivers are 191.07

I can play for 5 mins, if that on single player, and I get CTD. About 30 mins on multiplayer, then CTD. Real frustrating it doesn't matter what settings I have. I read through all the guides and troubleshooting sections and have tried it all. My system can do prime 95 torture test for 12 hours and no errors. Run all games flawlessly. I am at a loss.

q6600 oced to 3.4 ghz, GTX 280, 4 gig ram Xp 32 - 3 gig showing, sound blaster xfi, mobo = abit ip35 pro. Graphics drivers are 191.07

I can play for 5 mins, if that on single player, and I get CTD. About 30 mins on multiplayer, then CTD. Real frustrating it doesn't matter what settings I have. I read through all the guides and troubleshooting sections and have tried it all. My system can do prime 95 torture test for 12 hours and no errors. Run all games flawlessly. I am at a loss.

Try lowering memory timings a little bit and see if that helps.

I had CTD issues after i upgraded more mem. I lowered some of the timings and the CTD:s were gone after that.

Try lowering memory timings a little bit and see if that helps.

I had CTD issues after i upgraded more mem. I lowered some of the timings and the CTD:s were gone after that.

Ok I tried that, and didn't crash at all, managed to get 3 hours worth of multiplayer. Single player freezes on a certain mission which someone else has made a thread about. Anyway cheers for the advice I can now go online :)

Vista x64, 8GB RAM, BFG 9800 GX2 (more sys info can be PMed to Mods). I used to run 2 GX2s but I lost a fan:( The game runs smooth, but the textures mostly don't appear. They appear white, tan or beige. It almost seems as the system is trying to load the textures but is glitching somewhere in LODs. The strangest part is sometimes some textures will load fine. For instance a humvee first appears like a paper cutout, then move forward 5 feet and it looks sweet, then 5 more feet and back to paper. The windows in vehicles also seem to be shattered? This also seems like a LOD error.

I plan on building a new system soon so don't worry about fixing drivers for this touchy gpu. But if there is a fix let me know.

---EDIT---

Turns out this an 8GB memory issue, "fixed" with the -winxp addition to the command line, but then ARMAII is only utilizing 2GB of memory.

Edited by HardBoot

Can't believe this crap is still going on. The only time I ever had ARMAII running good was when it first came out using ancient drivers. I have to many new games now where using Ancient drivers is not an option anymore, so ARMAII collects dust.

You guys need to fix the dam issues with NVIDIA cards.

I run a Q6600, 4 gb of 800mz ddr2, HD4670 in crossfire using the latest ATI drivers. I run this game on high settings (1920x1024) with 0 problems. It wasnt always this way belive meI chased my butt like all of you trying to optimize this game. My fix will certainly not be an option for most of you but I read where this game isnt bottle necked by cpu or gpu... this game chews up your hdd. I bought a 64gb solid state drive ($149) and installed my operating system and this game on that and put everything else on the regular hdd. Yes ssd's are still expensive compared to regular hdd, I told you this wasnt for everyone. Everything loads so fast and this game runs smooth as silk and looks beautiful. I have read in here where people have bought the newest video cards and cpu's with no better results so perhaps my fix was actually cheaper. You framerate counters will never like this game I dont run fraps anymore,I go by how the game feels and looks to me.

Edited by ChiefBoatsRet

That's really a great idea ChiefBoatsRet! I was waiting for the $/GB of those things to come out of the stratosphere but your results have me re-thinking that notion.

Cheers

ps. You're right about the HDD activity and I've been running Diskeeper for years on Raptors and I get highly playable results.

Coincidence?

My beloved 8800GTS is dead. Never oc'ed. Always stable. Ran ArmA2 since the release date in June. Practically flawless.

The other night I updated to the 191.07 drivers.

Rebooted.

Launched ArmA.

Launched Domination on LAN.

Opened the teleport menu.

Lockup.

Hard re-boot....and garbled characters at the boot screens.

Windows won't load with the video drivers installed.

I cleaned the drivers out (CleanSweep, yada-yada). Same issue. Popped in a backup drive. Same issue. Even with no drive connected at all, the boot screens are messed up.

I re-flashed the mobo, cleared the CMOS, re-loaded all the chipset drivers. No joy.

Pulled the card and took it to a shop to bench. Guy said it's history.

Maybe just coincidence but I wish I had never tried those 191.07 drivers........

I highly doubt that drivers could kill video card, unless they somehow set clock rates too high. If so this would be the first occasion I've ever heard. Simply amazing coincidence.

It is coincidence. Cards die all the time, the user has always 'just installed a new driver' or 'just played a new game' and so the blame occurs. Time to warranty your card or upgrade. Garbled characters at boot is a dead card unless it is not seated properly or you can troubleshoot with other hardware. Good luck.

Yeah, I know it was just a coincidence but I was venting. ;)

EVGA was actually quite on the ball with their tech support. I was impressed. My 8800gts was also registered with a lifetime warranty, so I'm in the RMA process. I was also very impressed with the ease of their RMA system.

edit: right up until the point where they sent me an email telling my my RMA had been denied

It seems that although my name, date of purchase, product ID and serial number were all in the system automatically....they don't list me as actually having registered the product.

That's a real shame, but I guess that how ATI stays in business.

Edited by Thirdup