Sign in to follow this  
wobbly

Fed up of Morons

I installed an apache hele yesterday and got insta kicked but it did actually tell me the file that was offending due to a key problem. I deleted it and all was well.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

BTW cheers wobbly when you describe you it was like you describing me to. Where is the good old time when we play Beach Head or Lost Patrol and not to forget Cannon Fodder, “war is never been so much fun...â€

Don't forget Speedball, Chaos Engine, Populous and Turrican :yay:

For those, like me, still waiting for either a demo or postman Pat... A faint memory by now, but a good one. Hilarious for those with this kind of humour and background :)

xQhLRr0HRGI

Game vets should stay with ArmA1 now that all kiddies play on ArmA2 Evo servers. I'll switch over next year or so. ;)

Yes, this is the serious problem... You know, great MP game is created by good fair players, not the game only itself!

I found many morons, who theft my armor, which i bought in Warfare mod + they were unable to consume the fact, they had to travel across the map, so they just enjoyed killing other team players on respawn. But sometimes, SOMETIMES, i found really great server with people with great sence of team playing and it looks incredible.. This experience reminds me, how much this game worth:)

I installed an apache hele yesterday and got insta kicked but it did actually tell me the file that was offending due to a key problem. I deleted it and all was well.

Sometime server admin not allowed some usually not official addons. It is normal so if not just turn of your addon. It will be good if you in the future add your external addons as mod not copying it in ..Arma2/addons folder.

You can do it like this: Copy your new addon in your Arma2 folder as @newaddon in side create addons folder and copy your addon.pbo file.

You start your additional mods like this:

In arma2 shortcut go in properties and in run line after arma2.exe just add this line

-mod=@newaddon

If you have more than one mod to start just add it in line more:

-mod=@newaddon; @newaddon2; @newaddon3

Don't forget Speedball, Chaos Engine, Populous and Turrican :yay:

:yay: :bounce3: :yay:

For those, like me, still waiting for either a demo or postman Pat... A faint memory by now, but a good one. Hilarious for those with this kind of humour and background :)

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Edited by wormeaten

No respawn co-op is not dead at Phoenix Soldiers.

Phoenix Soldiers is mature only members, tatical gaming realism group. This group is over 10 years old and has 40 members, average age is late thirties. We hold only no respawn co-op missions.

We have our own game server, TS server and website run by several members of staff.

look us up at:

www.phoenixsoldiers.com

teamspeak ip:

pxs.servegame.org

We hold open servers frequently to meet mature tactical co-op players. Look out for our open server in the ArmA 2 list:

Phoenix Soldiers ArmA 2 Server:

http://www.gametracker.com/server_in....247.186:2326/

All the best

Chief

You can also join : the Grunts" (English language) clan of 16 members with members from Europe. Most members are from the UK.

Minimum age is 25 years. Most members are 30 and older.

I think that most of the clans have the more "mature" players and the most have a good admin.

What sort of community is this for gods sake?

It's a community of twats and prima donnas with the odd decent gamer thrown in here and there.

I've had this game for about three weeks now and I think it has great potential, hell I even spent £400 to upgrade my system for it and I'd love to play with like-minded people who enjoy playing as part of a team.

Obviously the only way to go is private servers, somewhere the idiots can't find you.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

You can also join : the Grunts" (English language) clan of 16 members with members from Europe. Most members are from the UK.

Minimum age is 25 years. Most members are 30 and older.

I think that most of the clans have the more "mature" players and the most have a good admin.

Ahh the grunts.........not the same grunts who told me to fuck off their server because I dared to question them?

I think the exact comment was - "It's our ball and our pitch so if you don't like it FUCK OFF" and when I headed for the A-10 they attempted to TK me (but missed) so proceeded to kick me.

Yes very mature.

I was playing on a great server untill some tool logged on and proceeded to blow everything in our base up. He would lay satchel charges on the Osprey's pad and wait till it spawned then blew it up, same with all the ammo trucks.

Basically, most servers are currently in the process of banning the bad seeds.. Once the dust settles, you can be sure that most servers will be able to offer a great tactical experience.

Hi all

It takes a while for the ban lists to populate and new servers allways suffer the worst but eventualy the *************** end up with no place to play online and go back to their usual activity of jerking off to fantasies of having their bottom spanked by their mom.

Kind Regards walker

It's a community of twats and prima donnas with the odd decent gamer thrown in here and there.

I've had this game for about three weeks now and I think it has great potential, hell I even spent £400 to upgrade my system for it and I'd love to play with like-minded people who enjoy playing as part of a team.

Obviously the only way to go is private servers, somewhere the idiots can't find you.

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

Ahh the grunts.........not the same grunts who told me to fuck off their server because I dared to question them?

I think the exact comment was - "It's our ball and our pitch so if you don't like it FUCK OFF" and when I headed for the A-10 they attempted to TK me (but missed) so proceeded to kick me.

Yes very mature.

Sadly its still the same mate and if anything its getting worse. We have taken to playing with a small group of friends from our community (www.game-veteran.co.uk) over a hamachi connection to prevent us from having to piss about ports etc. It works well with about 6 players on my connection and we have a good old laugh without any dickheads being able to spoil it. We are looking into getting a dedi server going and keeping it locked and inviting players on so that we have total control over who we play with.

Ealier on in silent warriors server. I died 10 times and out of those 10 deaths I was t'ked about 8 times. When I asked if the ranks reset on map change I was called a dumb twat!! What a community!!

Edited by wobbly

we had a teamkiller blowing choppers outta the sky when they would take off from the base the other night,so,about 10 of us hunted every corner of the base for this guy and to be honest,we had a blast hunting him down.not exactly how we wanted to play the game,but we had no admin on so we made the most of it.once someone found him and killed him,he kept respawning into a hail of our bullets.finnally,he went elsewhere.still,we had about an hour of fun and we kept him busy so alot of others could play the game,and the sad thing is,he had alot of skill at evasion,he really could be a good player if he wasnt such an asshole.lol.

My advice: create your own shortlist of good servers run by competent admins and stick to it. A good admin will deal with the morons quickly and fairly, without being ban-happy.

Remember, there are also idiots running some of these servers so avoid these like the plague.

Edited by Mandrake5

It's tuff to Admin a full server of boneheads.

I had to start with the [TE] guys comming in and TKing everyone in sight then asking what is the big deal when I ask them to Quit.

After that episode I now ask players to not fire in base cause it makes me nervous,

as for the A10 deal I ask all Pilots to get on our Teamspeak and spam the page with that info if they do not but still jump in Aircraft I kick them.

If you want a well Admined Server you have to understand there are a few rules that must be followed.

Thing that has annoyed me with the online is the amount of times people kill and shoot there own teammates or helicopters that there own team is flying. Like really.... why must people do this so often? Fantastic game though i must say :D

i played some OFP, and quite a bit of ArmA. since ArmA came out i've seen 3 or 4 people banned off my clan's server and servers that i have admin'd on. occasionally i'd see someone kicked for not acting appropriately on other servers but it was rare.

since arma 2 came i see 3 or 4 people banned a day! its ridiculous between the lack of teamwork and the number of smack tards playing. i'd hate to say it but i am certain that to some degree this has to do with the marketing arma 2 received and the "steam" release...more people have their hands on the game. the only other games i have had to kick/ban so many players are in popular games like some mods for the Source engine, BF2 and call of duty. either that or i'm just getting cranky.

even when i play on password locked servers where web site registration and TS/vent are required the idiots still sign up and ruin it for everyone else.

I wouldn't worry, the kids and morons will quickly tire of a game as complex as Arma2 and will soon be back playing GTA on their Xboxes ;)

When? How soon?

I just spend two hours trying to find a decent Domination server that allows mods (I really can't live without mods :P). No joy. Nothing but team killers wherever I checked.

For me, all that this game has to offer right now is singleplayer mode, editor, and the campaign.

Has anyone seen a Hack or mod that acts like a nuke, This weekend I was on a Domination server and all of a sudden every tree on the map drops and all players were killed after respawning it looked like a Nuclear blast although in game no one saw a blast.

It's tuff to Admin a full server of boneheads.

I had to start with the [TE] guys comming in and TKing everyone in sight then asking what is the big deal when I ask them to Quit.

After that episode I now ask players to not fire in base cause it makes me nervous,

as for the A10 deal I ask all Pilots to get on our Teamspeak and spam the page with that info if they do not but still jump in Aircraft I kick them.

If you want a well Admined Server you have to understand there are a few rules that must be followed.

yes, that sounds about right for [TE], they get a kick out of being douchebags though so far my exposure to them has been relatively benign as i've seen them trying to (poorly) play as a team, guess they gave up and are now in the raging mode.

Has anyone seen a Hack or mod that acts like a nuke, This weekend I was on a Domination server and all of a sudden every tree on the map drops and all players were killed after respawning it looked like a Nuclear blast although in game no one saw a blast.

I only have the demo right now but what your saying sounds like "that website" which has the admin called Mullah Omar.

They made public junk like that and even have video on youtube bypassing all the anticheats for ArmA1.

edit: I just looked at "that site" and it may have been one of them trying to win some "world tk contest" they are running right now.

Blowing up everyone in the game would seem to make the person in such a contest the winner.

Edited by Spudeater
more info!