Sign in to follow this  
wobbly

Fed up of Morons

It's a tough call when you have a server; do you just let everyone on to have 'fun' or do you have to play 'helo-cop' and keep folks away from the hardware? Personally I don't come online to monitor other peoples kids, so I tend to have a 'warn and ban' policy when I'm admin; I warn people to get on TS, I then warn them if their activities are detrimental to the game and then I kick them. If they come back and show any attitude I ban them.

I know the game has built in VOIP, but I really wish it didn't as far too many people now join the server and avoid going on our groups comms because "its hard to do". I don't like how VOIP works and sounds so I actually have it shut off on our server. That way, hopefully, they'll come on TS and work with us. Then again, we tend not to run Domination type missions as we would rather do a mission than the endless war scenario thing; so coming on TS pretty much means you want to work with us on the mission, not coming on usually means we'll ask a few times then if you are causing problems for us in the mission; we'll ask you to leave.

I know it sounds elitist and kind of rude, but if you go on a Co-Operative server and don't 'co-operate' then what the heck are you doing?

Also, in terms of all the stuff some of you are proposing; stuff happens during missions; helo's get shot down, Stykers hit mines..etc. Kicking folks for accidents seems pretty silly, especially when its the server doing it. Again, if folks are on comms they can at least say 'I didn't see the hydro wires!' after their UH-60 crashed...

It's a tough call when you have a server; do you just let everyone on to have 'fun' or do you have to play 'helo-cop' and keep folks away from the hardware? Personally I don't come online to monitor other peoples kids, so I tend to have a 'warn and ban' policy when I'm admin; I warn people to get on TS, I then warn them if their activities are detrimental to the game and then I kick them. If they come back and show any attitude I ban them.

I know the game has built in VOIP, but I really wish it didn't as far too many people now join the server and avoid going on our groups comms because "its hard to do". I don't like how VOIP works and sounds so I actually have it shut off on our server. That way, hopefully, they'll come on TS and work with us. Then again, we tend not to run Domination type missions as we would rather do a mission than the endless war scenario thing; so coming on TS pretty much means you want to work with us on the mission, not coming on usually means we'll ask a few times then if you are causing problems for us in the mission; we'll ask you to leave.

I know it sounds elitist and kind of rude, but if you go on a Co-Operative server and don't 'co-operate' then what the heck are you doing?

Also, in terms of all the stuff some of you are proposing; stuff happens during missions; helo's get shot down, Stykers hit mines..etc. Kicking folks for accidents seems pretty silly, especially when its the server doing it. Again, if folks are on comms they can at least say 'I didn't see the hydro wires!' after their UH-60 crashed...

Quality Admin................ just need more of them.

Wobbly if your connection is fast enough, try some german servers as well....not everyone is a "TWS M110-Kiddie" there and some are quite well administered ( soloflying = kick in midair, shooting at base =kick/ban ) such as the BierAIG-Servers or =NMKM=-Servers (personal experience since im sometime Admin on the BierAIG server and guest on NMKM and dislike those bf/cod/css-brats like hell).

Cya on the battlefields

Hi Wobbly.

The type of server you want is out there, you are just looking in the wrong place and trying to play the wrong missions.

There are servers that are well adminned, with ex military making up some of the community, but you wont find many of these in the public domain.

I would stay away from Domination/warfare servers, especially public ones, these will draw the counterstrike kids. So my advice is to look for a good clan server that offers the kind of gameplay that you are after and get to grips with teamspeak mumble etc (Which you probably already are) because good teamplay in multiplayer is all about good comms and you can achieve that when every player is on the same comms application listening to orders from the mission commander.

Once you throw in a mix of voip and teamspeak, etc then things start to fail and the mission commander has to work twice as hard to keep things in check

In addition to that you have differing languages playing in the public domain, folks who simply dont know how the game works because they havent bothered to play through the campaign and learn the game and players who simply havent got a clue

Edited by Terox

Hehe the thread is over a year old - the man could be dead of old age by now.

I must say, the OP had me laughing pretty hard. I suggest joining up with a clan and playing with a group of dedicated players in a private server.