Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

Sorry if this is mentioned already, havent read all 150 pages :)

Did you read the post 2 above yours?

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

believe me i am prepared to do that, only i need to start from scratch, never tried out the arrays yet.

at least now i know where to look, tx guys.

You're welcome. IIRC, it's in i_client, or possibly i_common.

Hello guys. This is my first post, but i was looking after this topic since almost the release of OA, so I'm a bit informed about what happening with Domi this time.

First of all, want to say big "Thank you" to Xeno and wish him a good luck with all he's doing, since he put such a lot of work in things we are talking about here.

Also, i want to report about a bug I occurred: if i put damaged A-10 to the jet service ("hull" indicator should be dark-orange or red) and get out after rearming/repairing started, after some time (couple of seconds) plane just exploding. It doesn't leave any "wreck" or any other model, it's just "evaporating". If the hull indicator is green or yellow (not sure about yellow, however) - such bug doesn't appear. Also, if I'm sitting inside the plane while repairing, it also doesn't explode. I occurred this bug more than two times, so it's not one-time bug i believe. At the end, some specifications: this A-10 is not the bonus vehicle from the side mission, but was added by RT. Green Label to the map, it has separate spawn script and verification script on it; I didn't try it with other planes (since we have 2 Su-25 at our base).

I'm sorry if someone already mentioned such bug, i missed it here than.

I'd like to ask 1 question aswel (mostly, for Xeno): just want to realize, what was such a weighty reason to replace Blackhawks at the base to Hueys since this chopper "loadout" was working properly since Arma 2 Domi? I'm just being a little bit addicted to piloting in Arma so i can find enough facts that Blackhawks are better than Hueys in technical way (in game, obviously). With no offense, just a question.

Edited by NP. Green Label

2.24 out on Dev Hev. :)

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/domination/files

Xeno,

I'm still fiddling with dom_maker, but need a little guidance. :)

DOMFSMClean? It's clearly something to do with FSM, but I'm not sure what it does or indeed, if I have to do anything with it?

As for what Mac.Arma.FileFormats.dll does... I won't even guess at. :D

Meantime... any chance we could have TvT Taki? Pretty please! :)

Btw, tried 2.24 just now (edited version), found that Hueys are still able to lift vehicles. Is it an issue of version i tried (because we edited the list of lift-able vehicles as RT. Green Label mentioned above) or it's usual Domi 2.24 problem?

However, it's not possible to load ammo crate in Huey, which is pretty uncomfortable.

Btw, tried 2.24 just now (edited version), found that Hueys are still able to lift vehicles. Is it an issue of version i tried (because we edited the list of lift-able vehicles as RT. Green Label mentioned above) or it's usual Domi 2.24 problem?
Figured it out already, not the problem of Domi itself. Edited by NP. Green Label

There is (was?) a switch for "limited_weapons" or something.

Well the ranked version limits weapons...

Its rather funny that some of my fondest memories - despite liking to equip whatever I want - is the early ranked games, lol. No one can parachute, so you can see like 3 helos move towards the objective. Weapons are simple ironsight rifles instead being various sniper rifles with MAAWS. Make you feel like a grunt fighting with other grunts. BUT unfortunetly, the system is to much globally restrictive, like how no one can get a machinegun at start.

IMO an extension of this would be awesome. Class specific ranks, as you rank up you get options of swap out parts of the kit or enhance it.

Since the ammo box is client side anyway, it should be incredibly easy to base its contents on class and rank. Example:

Rank 0, Rifleman: 1 satchel, M16 ironsight, M136, items (smokers, grenades, strobes, etc).

Rank 0, Engineer: 2 satchels, 1 AT mine, M16 ironsight, items

Rank 0, Machinegunner: 1 satchel, M249 ironsight, M16 ironsight, items

Rank 5, Rifleman: Same as rank 0 through 4 + MK.16 CQT (still only 1 satchel and a M136, the MAAWS and other AT launchers would be unlocked by AT soldiers, as would more satchels still be unique for engineers and demolitions!)

Rank 5, Machinegunner: Same as rank 0 through 4 + M240 scoped (in addition to the M16 ironsight, lets say that he recieved the MK.16 ironsight at rank 4, but he never gains scoped rifles, snipers or the like).

Basic other class weapons could be unlocked at higher ranks, like how the machinegunner gets access to a simple rifle and in return the rifleman could unlock an MG36 perhaps. Similarly, a high ranking engineer could maybe unlock the MAAWS, but never the guided AT launchers. A high ranking sniper might extend his demolitions skills and silenced assault rifles. Etc and so on. Restricted variation, sort of speak.

I'd code it myself if I knew I wouldnt f**k it up due to poor testing, lol.

@Murklor:

Lack of class specific ranks is why I didn't mention it in the first place. I considered trying to merge the two concepts (limited weapons and ranked weapons), but as I really can't stand ranked weapons myself I didn't bother :) Too much work, and too little to gain; I have classes which only get a single weapon to "choose" from, so ranking these would be tough. Most in my platoon only get 2 or 3 guns (or gun variations) to choose from, using only US OA content.

@NP. Green Label:

what was such a weighty reason to replace Blackhawks at the base to Hueys since this chopper "loadout" was working properly since Arma 2 Domi?

Probably my food for thought ticket. Now that we actually have a true lifter, why not use it for what it is instead of magical UH-60 lifters? Also, it's a bit too heavily armed in a mode where you're supposed to "get awarded" anything heavy, which is (combined with desire to slow it down a bit) why I suggested to only have one. Also, the CH-47 and UH-60 are quite slow to maneuver and easy to shoot down. The old UH-1H rocks as far as maneuverability goes (even goes outside what I would call realistic), and feels like the better option for quick ferrying on the squad level. Most of the time all those "lifters" where used to haul two or three guys. Only once have I been in a full chopper. For a "mass insertion", one CH-47 and UH-60 is still available if you need it, and should fit more people than available (non AI at least).

@AussieSausage:

Xeno won't mind ;) Read his release notes.

@B00tsy:

You haven't played with me yet ;) But I agree, almost no roleplaying to be found in the public games. Doesn't take much to do it either; pick a suitable loadout according to the role, and stick close to your squad leader. I've suggested some enforcement in the past (harsher defaults), but I don't think Xeno like this approach. I have no idea if it would work at all, or be the death of the game mode, but I sure would have loved to see how it would play out. Should be "easier to get around" when playercount is low, as to not make it completely impossible to enjoy. This is enforced in my version, but somehow it was never as popular - and no, I didn't expect it too either. :p

You say that Carl, but in my Chernarus Rhapsody event, I strictly enforced class using weps ltd. Once the guys got used to it, they loved it. I turned teleport off too and removed the wreck chopper.

MHQ freezes me. Anyone else?

And can someone tell me the script to make my UAV invinsible? or invisible?

Now that we actually have a true lifter, why not use it for what it is instead of magical UH-60 lifters?
Totally agree with it, however, it is pretty easy to restrict the ability to lift anything of certain choppers. So you can have normal, transport only (as it supposed to be), blackhawk, for example, instead of magical lifter.
Also, it's a bit too heavily armed in a mode where you're supposed to "get awarded" anything heavy
Oh, i guess you know how much clans/groups/people editing their missions so the base become armed as hell with all of the tanks, attack choppers and so on, and those 2 miniguns on board of blackhawk become miserable. Besides, it's not that easy to shoot precisely with miniguns, or else it require some skills from pilot side to move chopper properly. Same thing with Huey, but it's only making minigun and machinegun equal.
Also, UH-60 are quite slow to maneuver and easy to shoot down. The old UH-1H rocks as far as maneuverability goes (even goes outside what I would call realistic), and feels like the better option for quick ferrying on the squad level.
Since Arma is a simulator, i suppose that just blackhawk has correct and proper physics of flight. I can understand meaning of "quite slow to maneuver", but i think it's unnatural that you can turn your Huey from diving to climbing by one easy mouse move, also it's like Huey has lack of weight-->momentum, which makes it more controllable but not more realistic, however blackhawk seem to be the one. Besides, UH-1H is really slower than UH-60 (since has lesser momentum), looses speed faster even when horizon instrument shows 0.

I can agree, that UH-1Y (from Arma 2) has correct physics and can compete with UH-60, but not UH-1H. Sad, but there is no one in OA content.

Don't want to argue about capacity of those choppers, it's not necessary.

And, in the end, i read your ticket, and the place where you were talking about necessity of ammo crate carrying ability of CH-47, UH-1H and UH-60 (mev). Agree with it, but unfortunately i'm not able to put an ammobox in those new Hueys aswel, so no chopper can carry it for now, what a humour :)

Edited by NP. Green Label

And can someone tell me the script to make my UAV invinsible? or invisible?

this setcaptive true

Put that in the init line of the UAV and enemies will ignore it.

@NP. Green Label:

Yes I know it's easy, I had all this setup in my edit before they went into the official one. Less edit for me :D and more importantly it helps with making Dom a little more "believable".

Yeah, I just left one server because of it actually. Might as well just give'em a nuke, there is just no challenge left in it. There was just rubble left in the current target when I got there, making my work as an infantryman a nightmare due to lacking viewblocks for fallen trees etc. Some guys actually provide support, while others just want to level everything.

Not sure about miniguns/mgs. Sure they are out of place on the assault being so vulnerable. But (especially the miniguns) are good at suppressing, lessening the chance of the enemy taking well aimed shots at advancing troops.

UH-60 is good, no complaints. I like the CH-47 as well, feels quite heavy. I agree the UH-1H is a bit too easy on the momentum, but they are loved by almost everyone, and allows some pretty fantastic low level tactical flying, while having a minimum of protection. Since they're in the game, and everyone loves them, why not make use of them? Simply adding them would be too much, I wouldn't want to loose the littlebirds, and this way you also get a new category (can't lift, but is the only chopper that can take an ammocrate). UH-60 with guns are now in the awards, which makes it more valuable, even if its just a transporter. The UH-1Y have FFARs, which automatically puts in into the award category for me, instead of something that respawns. Miniguns are also a little over the top, particularly when coupled with "manual fire" which the UH-60 does. Personally anything with rockets/bombs, .50 cal or miniguns belong in the award category. But hey, that's just me :)

I have no problems loading/unloading/fetching existing ammo crates with the UH-1H though.

You say that Carl, but in my Chernarus Rhapsody event, I strictly enforced class using weps ltd. Once the guys got used to it, they loved it. I turned teleport off too and removed the wreck chopper.

Curious question: What is the logic behind removing the wreck helo?

IMO the wreck helo isnt used nearly enough! If I could make a change, then it'd be that ALL vehicles except the wreck helo leave a wreck. This includes standard transports. As a Chinook, the wreck helo would be the center of your transport vehicle park - it can transport like half the team and it will be the one vehicle that you always have. It would improve the worth of the other transport helos AND it would make the wreck helo more used.

Hell I'd even add TWO of these wreck helos and also a ton more light wreckable vehicles, such as hummers, cars, etc. More helo transports can be moved to the mission awards without sacrificing to much basic transport capabilities.

This of course assumes that server admins dont incorporate the stupid rule that seems to float around many servers - "dont use the wreck helo for anything but wrecks". Well duh, there are HARDLY ANY WRECKS AT ALL because people dont use vehicles - they just teleport or parachute as infantry. What are we going to use the wreck helo for, a paper weight to keep the H on the ground from blowing a away? :confused:

I guess when going for an event you go for more realism. Iirc the whole idea behind the wreck system was as a counter for all those that did nothing but wreck awarded vehicles ruining the game. With serious players that is minimized - you use vehicle until it is lost for good.

But yeah, wreck lifters seem to be used (mostly) only by A-10 or AH-64 crew...

I remeber awhile back playing EVO on a server and anytime anything was blown up you had a wreck ad had to chopper it back, or a engineer had to drive down with a truck and setup a FARP to get it repaired, I remeber many of night just driving around Sarhani fixing all the blown up stuff lol

this setcaptive true

Put that in the init line of the UAV and enemies will ignore it.

Thank you so much.. I tried that and I think they did ignore me. But eventually, I crashed into a mountain. Any idea how to adjust my height?

Does this look right?

This flyInHeight 200; this setcaptive true

Edited by SpecterM

OA Only 2.24 Release

Enjoy!

And have fun...

Xeno

no more arma2 version update ? :confused:

no more arma2 version update ? :confused:

Yep, no more A2 update.

Edit:

And just before someone asks :)

No, there won't be any version with DLC units/vehicles.

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Yep, no more A2 update.

Edit:

Xeno

Still think you should make a Team vs Team version.. :pray:

Edit:

Xeno

hehe, no problem,

we can edit them in ourselfs.

but i do concurr with the team vs team version, if you ever find the time.

but i do concurr with the team vs team version, if you ever find the time.

TT version will be in the last Dom 2 release (before a major rewrite, finally).

Xeno

Curious question: What is the logic behind removing the wreck helo?

It makes the prizes much more valuable because players know one they lose them, they are gone for good. They are more careful with them and they fight harder to win them in the first place.

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

TT version will be in the last Dom 2 release (before a major rewrite, finally).

Xeno

Cool! :)

Meantime, RTGL, there's a working TT in Domi 2.11. It's only Chernarus, but it's still great fun. I'm porting it to Takistan right now.

UH-1H allows some pretty fantastic low level tactical flying
Stupid question: are you talking about low skill level needed or low altitude flight?:confused_o:
The UH-1Y have FFARs, which automatically puts in into the award category for me, instead of something that respawns
Indeed, but i was talking about flight behavior.
particularly when coupled with "manual fire" which the UH-60 does
Pretty unrealistic feature on my taste, at least for transport choppers (don't know which abilities and possibilities does attack choppers like AH-64 have, so don't want to be mistaken). It's just ridiculous watching pilot "ramboing" with bhawk firing miniguns on his own.
UH-60 with guns are now in the awards
Are you serious? Where is it mentioned? (I mean i'm surprised a bit, no offence behavior)
Since they're in the game, and everyone loves them, why not make use of them?
I believe, you are talking about some kind of "symbol" which this chopper presents (Vietnam, "Ride of the Valkyries" and so on). Well, people are different, bhawk is symbol aswel for me and i don't wanna loose it, so here is the question (for everyone who knows how to):

how can I attach an "icon" on the map, like "W" for wreck and "1, 2, etc." for transport choppers to one i added by myself, because it has no mark on the map at all and can be lost on vast Takistan land easily?

It makes the prizes much more valuable because players know one they lose them, they are gone for good. They are more careful with them and they fight harder to win them in the first place.

That only means public players trash them faster tham they will be rewarded, might be true on closed servers.

Dorph;1701704']That only means public players trash them faster tham they will be rewarded' date=' might be true on closed servers.[/quote']

That's right. I did say originally this was in an organised event with a stable player set.