Sign in to follow this  
xeno

co30 DominationA2! One Team

I tried this yesterday on a dedicated server and yes I had the freeze! My sollution to the problem was to drop the the in-game rucksack and then use the domi rucksack system it worked for me might be worth trying. Looks like there might be a conflict with having 2 rucksaks!

Need some help renaming the file. My pbo is named something different but still keeps showing in the server list the same. How do I change what shows on the server browser list?

EDIT:

NVM, figured it out.

Edited by SpecterM

Akro. I may be mistaken. but I dont think you can save a mission in this game mode.

i think it's a script error i put a magicbox on a domination (crate without domi ammo script) and it works

SpecterM, thanks for answering. With the 1.09 or 1.12 versions (for instance) of domination packs I was able to save game in MP mode. I was wondering if the last version got a new install way or maybe if it had something to do with last 1.07 patch...

In the 2.10 or 2.11 packs, when leaving game "save game" is still present in menu but not active. If someone can confirm it's normal, then it's ok.

@Akro Are you refering to when being the last person to leave a server, the mission restarts?

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

XENO Mission edited. Everything i wanted to do I was able to. But I think the enemy AI is missing. Is that possible? the tanks are there. for instance. when I fly to a side mission im getting shot at by tanks. But I went to investigate a camp and there was no one there. I was supposed to take out the spec ops there. Is this possible?

Need some help renaming the file. My pbo is named something different but still keeps showing in the server list the same. How do I change what shows on the server browser list?

EDIT:

NVM, figured it out.

open the mission in the editor,

than open the weather screen (top-right)

There you can edit the mission name (that's what comes up on the server browser list)

and, the spec ops mission is idd a weird one.

Keep in mind that the spec ops move around, so they might have gone far beyond the side mission mark.

My advice is to do that side mission asap so u can still catch them close to the side mission spawn.

Edited by RT. Green Label

Thanks for the help. I will check it out.

Another question. i switch to manual fire on my attack choppers and it fires one burst then nothing. I joined the TAW server and their choppers do the same thing. Im not familiar with attack choppers, is this normal?

still have the crate CTD

Hopefully it will be resolved with the next beta patch.

See also: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11577#change-57820

It's not a Dom only problem but also a problem for any other mission that uses ammo boxes (CTI/Warfare doesn't have the problem as it is using an extra dialog and not ammo crates to handle gear, buy gear dialog or something like that).

I've played a custom made coop on a server yesterday (ammo crates filled by script afaik) and many people freezed/crashed when they opened the gear dialog on a crate. That was really bad as it was a defend mission with many attacking units. Specially not nice when you run out of ammo and crash trying to get new ammo from a box :)

Xeno

Edited by Xeno

Well, I mean that I launch a game from my pc, in multiplayer (internet) mode (for instance xxdomination xx west chernarus) so that friends can join and play. When we decide to stop, I leave the game and had so far the option to save, so we can follow on next time. With 2.10 or 2.11 versions no more saving option, meaning everything is lost if leaving game.

With 2.10 or 2.11 versions no more saving option, meaning everything is lost if leaving game.

Never added support for saving the mission.

What you can try is to edit the init.sqf file and remove

enableSaving [false,false];

Xeno

Well, I mean that I launch a game from my pc, in multiplayer (internet) mode (for instance xxdomination xx west chernarus) so that friends can join and play. When we decide to stop, I leave the game and had so far the option to save, so we can follow on next time. With 2.10 or 2.11 versions no more saving option, meaning everything is lost if leaving game.

ahh sorry cant help ya there.

Thanks Xeno

I tried the init.sqf modif but no change.

With the DomiA2 1.12t mission pack I have opportunity to save game on leaving. Ah well, nevermind.

I'm new to making missions/scripting in Arma 2, but I have some basic knowledge. I'm trying to edit a version of Domination for our community, nothing major, just to change the weapons crate a little, and add in some vehicles on a respawn script. I have a couple of questions...

1. Which is the script for the ammo box?

2. How would I apply the Domi vec respawn script to any vehicles I add?

oioi,

running into some issues when playing the "new" v2.18 on my server

- got "backgear" option on the 1st life,but after death there s no option for using the "backpack" option anymore

- as engineer/arty Op i can repair/order arty also only on the 1st life,after death i can access it anymore

- using whatever weapon in the ammo crate,its unacessable(not available at all) after being killed

- charging a enemy held town that looks completly empty from a distance,i get shot by "invisible" units up close once i´m est 30-50m away from em

Reconnecting doesnt fix this issue(s)

And the ammo crate thing leading to a BattlEye kick which you cleared up in a previous post,any workaround for that?

Any help/suggestion welcome

side note: I highly appreciate the "new" parameters (i.e. TKlimit) Xeno

great job as usual

I'm new to making missions/scripting in Arma 2, but I have some basic knowledge. I'm trying to edit a version of Domination for our community, nothing major, just to change the weapons crate a little, and add in some vehicles on a respawn script. I have a couple of questions...

I used this for vehicle respawns that I added. worked good for me.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6080&highlight=VEHICLE+RESPAWN

I still have one problem to solve:

i'm editing 2.17 version.

Now, problem is that EVERYONE can call in artillery.

and they all call in 'artillery 1'

It makes it kind of hard for the actual operator to do his work if everyone is using HIS artillery.

Is there a way to fix the artillery so only 'rescue and artillery operators' can use it?

Hi

what Dom Ver?

I have worked with this one co40_Domination_2_11A2_West_AI.Chernarus and ammo box is in x_client \x_weaponcargo.sqf

now the internal vehicles respawn script's are in x_server\ x_vehirespawn.sqf or x_vehirespawn2.sqf or for choppers x_helirespawn2.sqf

easy way put this in like a Tanks Initiailization

handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_server\x_vehirespawn2.sqf"

if you want it to respawn if moved

handle = [this, 120] execVM "x_server\x_vehirespawn.sqf"

or you can add to respawn group and marker group

You can either omit the -cfg=basic.cfg param, or get rid of the bandwidth settings by commenting them out in basic.cfg, and the problem disappears. (the freeze issue at base only)

(EDIT: The issue persists with dropped boxes?!)

I am having this problem in our server, with the ammo boxes freezing players. I am using version 2.17. I want to stop it. Im not running a basic.cfg. all my settings are in the server.cfg Im using the template from Kelley's

/* 
Example ArmA2 server configuration file
by [KH]Jman, 3rd July 2009.  http://www.kellys-heroes.eu
*/

// Password for private servers. Uncomment this if you wish to run a private server
// password = "my password"; 

/*
Password to protect admin access
type: #login mypassword 
in ingame client chatbox to login as admin
type: #missions 
in ingame client chatbox to display the mission list
*/
passwordAdmin = "****"; 

// The name of the server that shall be displayed in the public server list
hostname="-=UGF=- UnitedGamingFederation.NET";

/*
Message of the day. It can be several lines, separated by comma
empty messages "" will not be displayed at all but are only for increasing the interval
*/
motd[]=
{
"-=UGF=- Is recruiting Globally.",
"Visit us at www.UnitedGamingFederation.net",
       "Join us in Teamspeak3 IP: 76.73.228.80  Port: 9987",
"",
"",
"",
};

// Time interval (in seconds) between each message of the day
motdInterval=60;

/* 
25% or more players need to vote for mission to become effective
set to 1.5 to turn off missions voting
*/
voteThreshold=0.25;

/*
Maximum amount of server slots
server will always display 64 slots if maxPlayers is >64 and server is empty
*/
maxPlayers=30;

/*
Gamespy reporting url for public server list inclusion
use 127.0.0.1 for LAN server
*/
reportingIP="arma2pc.master.gamespy.com";

/*
If specified player connects/disconnects and player id are written to file.
log file is persistant and appends data on server restart.
*/
logfile="myserver.log";

// If class missions is blank start voting when 1 players connect.
voteMissionPlayers=1; 

// Do not allow players with duplicate ids to connect
kickduplicate=1;

// If set to 1 players must use exactly the same -mod= startup parameter as the server.
equalModRequired=0;

// If set to 1, Voice over Net will not be available
disableVoN=0;

/* 
Quality from 1 to 10
refer to: 
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Multiplayer#VOIP_support 
for codec info. 7 is the best.
*/
vonCodecQuality=7;

/* 
Set the timestamp format used on each report line in server-side RPT file.
possible values are:
none (default), short & full
*/
timeStampFormat=full;

/* 
Enables persistent battlefield
dependent on the mission specifiying persistence, otherwise has no effect.
missions must contain either instant respawn or base respawn options located in the missions description.ext file
*/
persistent=1;

/* 
Enables signature verification for addons
this will prevent pbo hacks by only allowing pbos that pass servers public key checks
*/
verifySignatures=0;

// Signature timeout fix
regularcheck="{}";

// See ArmA Biki for additional signature commands

// EOF

Edited by SpecterM

I host for my friends and I whenever we play (listen server) and we all recently got OA, and when I got 2.18, a certain problem arose, in the fact when i die i can't use any of the mission functions (show status, calling drops, etc) and my gear doesn't save.

please help domination is like the only mission we have :v

I host for my friends and I whenever we play (listen server) and we all recently got OA, and when I got 2.18, a certain problem arose, in the fact when i die i can't use any of the mission functions (show status, calling drops, etc) and my gear doesn't save.

please help domination is like the only mission we have :v

Were having the same problems, can't save loadouts, still the ammobox issue, not Xenos fault. And cant call in support or artillary. Is anybody having luck with the latest beta patch??

Cheers

Roushie

Were having the same problems, can't save loadouts, still the ammobox issue, not Xenos fault. And cant call in support or artillary. Is anybody having luck with the latest beta patch??

Cheers

Roushie

I was having the same issue with loadouts in version 2.18. I found that if you replace the "x_client/x_playerspawn.sqf" of version 2.18 with the same file from version 2.17, it fixes the loadout issue. It does add the backpack issue of version 2.17 back into version 2.18. Lesser of two evils in my opinion (I never had a problem with the backpack from version 2.17). This worked for the Operation Arrowhead version.

hi guys, i just rented a dedi server and i am setting it up atm.

I have put an adjust domination PBO-file on the server,

but when i load the mission in the server as admin, all the adjustments are gone

(all added vehicles), i dont even get 'show status' anymore.

red circles don't come no, sidemissions, etc.

The Pbo should be complete, when i extract the i see all my adjustments in there.

This is my first server i set up, so a couple questions:

-is there a good set-up guide for this? pls a link

-Is there a topic i can address with my issues concerning server setup? pls a link