Sign in to follow this  
Avgeris

Recieving black screen, game unplayable

i can get the receiving issue when i come out MAP when lots of stuff is going on in the mission with my settings in game really high with a hi display rez....its very rare, but you cant but notice when it happens...

i get this issue and i have an ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB running the game on mid settings - its really annoying and stops me playing online hit me after 20 or so minutes and i have to quit so i dont really get a good chance at playing. From what i read people were saying it an NvIdia issue but i have an ATI card with the latest drivers as of yesterday so this may disprove this theory?. cheers game needs some fixing for sure cant wait for this bug to be fixed

To all with the problem, just a question: What is different from your machine, to another of the same components that works just fine? It's all 0's and 1's, so the answer, while it may be complex and finicky, is still logical. Belier13 did something to isolate the issue, he removed all possibilities of random base elements. Started from a solid foundation.

Most of us did some trials to isolate the problem.

But the old "format C: - reinstall OS" is not the way I go.

Or do you smash your car into pieces and rebuild it again each time it has a hickup?.

I would like that BIS is showing us the 0`s and 1`s causing this reaction "receive....".

it is getting worse. I did a complete uninstall/ reinstall and it ran well for 1 day then Receiving started again and got slowly worse. Reboot of PC now makes no difference I am now guaranteed a Receiving screen after a minute of startign a game.

Now I also get the worst texture problems I have ever seen with a slow down and white textures flashing then either a crash or a forever Receiving. Below is a small sample of the error file I now get.

Please don't suggest my card is faulty because it isn't, a faulty card would show up in one of the numerous games I play or in 3dmark but everything is fine except ARMA2. Please don't tell me to update or uninstall/clean drivers and reinstall them as I just did that and still got this.

Basically I give up.

=====================================================================

== E:\Games\ARMA2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe

== "E:\Games\ARMA2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2.exe" -nosplash -world=empty

=====================================================================

Exe timestamp: 2009/07/01 17:53:19

Current time: 2009/07/11 21:07:13

graphics: D3D9, Device: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, Driver:ati2dvag.dll 6.14.10.6962

resolution: 1680x1050x32

Distribution: 1465

Exe version: 1.02.58134

Error: cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female01\cz\nastoupit.wss', header cannot be loaded.

Error: cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male03\ru\rearmat.wss', header cannot be loaded.

Error: cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female01\cz\nastoupit.wss', header cannot be loaded.

Error: cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\male03\ru\rearmat.wss', header cannot be loaded.

Cannot create video memory surface DXT1,512x512 (size 174760 B), Error 8007000e

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\weapons\data\m203_camo_smdi.paa:1)

*** Device reset recovery requested

Protocol bin\config.bin/RadioProtocolRU/: Missing word AwayGrid

Error: cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female01\cz\vratsedoformacee.wss', header cannot be loaded.

Error: cannot load sound 'ca\dubbing\global\radio\female01\cz\vratsedoformacee.wss', header cannot be loaded.

Cannot create video memory surface DXT1,64x64 (size 2728 B), Error 88760827

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\house\housev\data\housev_1i4_int_ads.paa:4)

Cannot create video memory surface DXT1,16x16 (size 168 B), Error 88760827

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\data\concrete\concretewall_dtsmdi.paa:6)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\house\housev\data\housev_1i4_int_mask.paa:6)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\data\detailmaps\roof_asphalt_01_dtsmdi.paa:5)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\data\detailmaps\woodboard_02_dtsmdi.paa:5)

Error during v-buffer creation: error 8007000e

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\house\housev\data\housev_1i4_int_ads.paa:4)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\data\concrete\concretewall_dtsmdi.paa:6)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\house\housev\data\housev_1i4_int_mask.paa:6)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\house\housev\data\housev_1i2_windows_co.paa:3)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\data\detailmaps\roof_asphalt_01_dtsmdi.paa:5)

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\structures\data\detailmaps\woodboard_02_dtsmdi.paa:5)

Cannot create video memory surface DXT1,32x32 (size 680 B), Error 88760827

Error: Failed to create surface texture (ca\buildings\data\hut_old01_co.paa:4)

Edited by Dogtags

It seems that you can break out of this never ending recieving loop by manually resetting GPU memory, which makes sense. (press shift and minus followed by the letters F-L-U-S-H, you should see 'activated FLUSH' appear onscreen).

So far it has woked every time for me and has made multiplayer somewhat 'playable' (i use that term in quite a loose tense considering my video output freezes every so often). It is not a new bug, i had this in arma many times on the earlier versions IN SP and MP. It usually occurred when i zoomed unscoped in to a busy battlefield. I didnt see it after 1.14 but that also could have been down to newer gpu drivers although i think the issue exists within the engine.

The problem is far more prevelant than it ever was in arma (when i had the issue it was very hard to find other users having the same problem), for that reason i believe bis will find and fix the issue with time, the problem seems to be with the streaming engine centered around lod details, it mostly happens when there is a very quick redraw of a large proportion or entire screen (buildings come into view, zooming,scoping,entering vehicle,switching to map...etc etc)

Edited by xmongx

i have ati 4890.

I get the same problems. If I reduce video memory it seems to happen less often.

It seems that you can break out of this never ending recieving loop by manually resetting GPU memory, which makes sense. (press shift and minus followed by the letters F-L-U-S-H, you should see 'activated FLUSH' appear onscreen).

Can you go into more detail please? Is this ingame? Do i type it into the chat box tell me exactly what to do coz ive tried typing _F-L-U-S-H #F-L-U-S-H #FLUSH _FLUSH into the chat and without chat etc etc.

It was (Shift)+(-) and than type flush. Or similar, I forgot it. It doesn't help anyway. Tried it over and over again in the past way before that thread was started. It didn't work in any version.

It was (Shift)+(-) and than type flush. Or similar, I forgot it. It doesn't help anyway. Tried it over and over again in the past way before that thread was started. It didn't work in any version.

Might work for me though. So you are just in game and just hit Shift + - then type flush

Does a box appear to type in or am i typing it in the chat box or w,e im still a bit puzzled coz i tried that and typed flush and theres no where to type it in so i dno if im actually doing it right and never got that message saying actived FLUSH.

try that in none-bugged gameplay first. Like in single player. If I remember right F L U S H will be written into the left top corner after successfull input.

Btw. I used - on the numpad. Don't know if it makes the diffrence. You may use the search feature and look it up. I'm pretty sure it was posted serval times in many threads :)

Good Luck! Report your success/failure.

Hey, I just got the game, and im one of the unlucky ones that have the 'receiving' bug, I have got the latest driver for nvidia, and the latest patch are there any definite solutions for this problem or do I just have to wait for the 1.03 patch, btw single player works fine though, amazing game, very hard, but very good.

Intel Duo Core 2.66 ghz

2GB DDR 2 RAM

8800 GTS 640MB

Asus A-Life Sli Motherboard

1tb sata 7200 rpm hard drive

Vista Ultimate

24" Benq HDMI 720p Resolution 1920*1200

We do not even know if BIS is looking after it on their side and if they see any need to go after it.

DISKUSSING THIS ISSUE WITH BIS IS SOMETHING THAT A FORUM MODERATOR IS USUALLY DOING - checking with BIS devs and giving less jelly answers to the community.

But this one is happy with closing 1.03 threads with "its ready when its ready".

Except the usual, but baseless spam "I am sure BIS is working on it..." by some forum members we do not have any statement that BIS is really taking care.

BIS stated that they made an attempt to solve "something" probably related to our problem, but it was obviously not a success.

Edited by S!fkaIaC

Ugh ever since a few days ago the game is unplayable because of this. Can't even do singleplayer without this message :p

I used to have major graphical glitching errors, although these seemed to have diminished by lowering graphical settings. Now I'm mostly getting the 'Received' bug instead. Really annoying. I do feel it is related to the graphical glitches bug (), not a clue how or why, but the Received screen seems to be flushing the VRAM as well, when I return after a Received screen all seems fine again for a while.

Intel Duo Core E8400 @ 3.00 GHz

4 gig RAM

ATI Radeon HD 3870x2

ATI Catalyst 09.7 beta

Win XP Home SP3

It's funny how dev's are ignoring all those threads and posts after patch 1.02 ... :j:

I solved the issue for myself, what i did was I reinstalled vista service pack 1+2 then i unistalled ARMA 2 and then installed the newest nvidia driver after which i installed patch 1.02 then in the ARMA 2 settings set video memory to default, now its working fine no problems what so ever, very stable and good fps.

Thank you BIS for the massive feedback we got so far. It will take us years to digest the amount of information we got so far related to that issue. :cool:

I solved the issue for myself, what i did was I reinstalled vista service pack 1+2 then i unistalled ARMA 2 and then installed the newest nvidia driver after which i installed patch 1.02 then in the ARMA 2 settings set video memory to default, now its working fine no problems what so ever, very stable and good fps.

play it for a couple of days for a few hours and then come back and tell us it is just as stable. because I have uninstalled/reinstalled everything including Direct X and all drivers possible and it played nice for about 1hr and then slowly but surely Receiving... came back with a vengeance.

BEYOND ANNOYED!

There is NO fix for this so do not waste your time, I wasted enough for all of us, 20+ hours screwing around in 2.5 weeks trying to get rid of Receiving and CTD's and everything I have is legit including windows XP.

Lot of people told me they fixed it by under clocking their CPU/gpu and/or increasing their cooling across all components but you're probably right, they're probably lying.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Btw, for the people who keep saying bis aren't even looking into the issue, learn to read the stickies.

The receiving bug is related to the crashes, so submit a bug report with crash logs just as they have asked, unless you don't want the problem fixed

Lot of people told me they fixed it by under clocking their CPU/gpu and/or increasing their cooling across all components but you're probably right, they're probably lying.

---------- Post added at 05:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Btw, for the people who keep saying bis aren't even looking into the issue, learn to read the stickies.

The receiving bug is related to the crashes, so submit a bug report with crash logs just as they have asked, unless you don't want the problem fixed

No, they do not, they think it is fixed, but few games later it returns for some.

My mistake. Glad you can talk for eveyone as the fact that they didn't return for more help after they said the problem had gone away gave me the false assumption that they had fixed the problem. Thank you for personally visiting everyone of them and rectifying this.

Don't get me wrong, if I was in your situation I'd be very annoyed but telling people that it won't work for them because it didn't work for you is just a little pretencious.

As per usual, wait patiently for the next patch, and good luck.

Edited by Bulldogs

My mistake. Glad you can talk for eveyone as the fact that they didn't return for more help after they said the problem had gone away gave me the false assumption that they had fixed the problem. Thank you for personally visiting everyone of them and rectifying this.

Not all I , "some", and some others returned and stated it is back after they thought it is solved.

When I tested 186.24 I could participate in 2x warfarecrCTI at XR server, no receiving bug at all. Thought it is solved. But Next day........

That is why I wrote:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1362550&postcount=5

3.) if it happens and how hard depends also on the colour of your underwear divided by the number of correct weather forecasts last month

That's all I'm saying, that in some cases the fix actually worked, in some cases the problem returned, just be happy for the people that it worked for.

And yep, gotta agree with point 3.

That's all I'm saying, that in some cases the fix actually worked, in some cases the problem returned, just be happy for the people that it worked for.

And yep, gotta agree with point 3.

Be happy that some peoples game is working?? Why would an of us getting the error give a shit about anyone elses game??

hi all, i got the bug online,my single player is fine,this is the only game that gives troubles to me...this is a major bug so we need info about it from bohemia....