Sign in to follow this  
Avgeris

Recieving black screen, game unplayable

S!fkaIaC is right.

set different Texture detail or increasing the Texture memory settings as a workaround.

For example, is not important to have shadow to very high...

start with everyting to normal and then try to put high for terrain, etc...

sleayer this bug isnt related to video settings,wake up and try to help

It's a video related bug, so decreasing the video memory amount slows it down from occuring so often. Try not to put people down when they actually are being helpful.

it happens in multi for me,sp is fine=it isnt related to video settings

it happens in multi for me,sp is fine=it isnt related to video settings

It absolutely is linked to the in-game graphics settings.

The reason why you get it in Multiplayer is that you're constantly respawning back at the base, so the engine is (IMO) reloading the same objects and textures over and over and over again in the same game-session.

Whereas in Singleplayer, when you die you 'reload' a save point. You're not pushed back to the save point within the same session. That's why we're all seeing degradation of performance in Multiplayer games and hardly anyone is complaining about the same degree of degradation in Singleplayer. It will happen in Singleplayer (probably) but will take so much longer to hit the saturation point that you won't notice it as much, if at all.

The client definitely has a memory leak. No doubt about it. The 'Receiving' bug is IMO when the client attempts to reload/rerender the engine (typically when trying to switch from Map view back to the Game) when it's already at saturation. Most likely associated with the VRAM on the graphics card being full along with the client SYS RAM getting close to its cap too.

That's why if you lower the in-game graphics settings, it will take longer to hit saturation and will seem like a much smoother experience....for a while.

private plowjoy thank you for help but maybe we are talking about 2 different bugs...it isnt a matter of respawn for me..it happens as soon as the download of the mission files ends or after a couple of time without any respawn...

private plowjoy thank you for help but maybe we are talking about 2 different bugs...it isnt a matter of respawn for me..it happens as soon as the download of the mission files ends or after a couple of time without any respawn...

Could you post your spec? I might be able to offer some help.

I think I encountered what you're talking about Aelin.

If you can, goto your routers configuration and look for something called "block incoming ICMP", or "Block external ICMP" or "Block External Ping" or something like that. Make sure that isn't enabled so you can receive ICMPs or Pings.

I bought a new router the other day and it started crashing everytime it got to "receiving data" during multiplayer, turned out that this was the issue.

my specs:intel quad core 2.44 GHz,nvidia 8800gt 512 MB,2 GB ram,psu enermax 620,mobo asus p5n d

about the router..hmmm...i can play online other games without any problem...however,how to check router config??

Find out what your routers model number is (look on the bottom of your router) then goto the manufacturers website, look in the support section and search for your router. There should be a manual there that will tell you everything you need to know.

Find out what your routers model number is (look on the bottom of your router) then goto the manufacturers website, look in the support section and search for your router. There should be a manual there that will tell you everything you need to know.

i answered to you in another thread,sry,but it s a bug related to the loading of the image because i can move my soldier behind the black screen.....the other online games run perfectly...btw my router hasnt these options,there s something about a "virtual server" but i called a technician and he said to me it s ok....

Same receiving problem in SP mode as in MP...

XP Sp3

c2d e6400

2 Go Ram

HD3850 512Mo

More than 10h trying to solve it, drivers, bios, ingame settings, memory settings (ingame or in xp), no way to solve that.

Just hope they are working on it so hard that they can't speak about it !

Hi guys, I know it's a thread resurrection, but was this ever solved? I'm getting the same issue now two and a half years later on an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 video card, and after a week of fiddling with it and trying every solution I've found, nothing works. Was this ever fixed?

I had this fixed a while ago, and I was happy... for like a week. Idk what I did or what happened. My game had so many problems before with it, but I used tons of things to try and optimize it a bit and could play with very high everything except for post processing.

Now the recieving bug is back with a vengence. every 2 mins it hits me, and then after 4 or 5 times it freezes and loops. cant find any fix, everyone keeps saying they fixed it with a ton of different things but I try them, or theyre outdated (like this posting), it has gotten to my breaking point just like it did with Ghostbusters the video game.

Too many bugs! please someone help! tell us if it was fixed.