Recieving black screen, game unplayable

Get the same issue with that black screen

i7 3.2GHz

6GB 1333 ram

4870 1gb ATI - factory setting not overclocked

what OS are you using?

win vista 64?

without service pack 2?

if so, install service pack 2, as this was the solution for me....it just crashes time after time now....trying to figure out why, as this is a real issue for ne as I am pilot for our clan..

will replace my dvd rom drive, as it causes extreme dp clats..

and playing with the catalyst AI might help too, but not for sure yet..

Get the same issue with that black screen

i7 3.2GHz

6GB 1333 ram

4870 1gb ATI - factory setting not overclocked

Not really sure about "same". We are not talking about just a black screen, we talking about black screen + "Receiving.." or "Empfange..." (depending on language) which sometimes disappears back to normal by itself, sometimes forces back to normal by tabbing to map and back, and sometimes games is not getting back to normal and "Receiving..." keeps blinking.

If you have this, please post your crashdump files, if not, open a new thread.

There's a sticky to post your crash dumps in, make sure you post there as BIS is using that to solve the problem

i will try updating my nvidia drivers to 186.18 and report back on the outcome.

downloading the newest nvidia graphics driver (186.18) solved my receiving problem.

downloading the newest nvidia graphics driver (186.18) solved my receiving problem.

OK, then send me your rig so that I can play, I will send you mine to fix it :cool: :D

Come on hot fix this shit already!! i didnt buy a game for it too not work its getting annoying.

Come on hot fix this shit already!! i didnt buy a game for it too not work its getting annoying.

are you a troll? sure must be.. only one post and to troll.. what is your issue?, what hotfix is needed? the game runs good with the 1.02.5 patch, most issues are user now. and being fixed per user, what globle game issue is there that needs a hotfix? the 295 guys? NVDA will fix that soon with Bis, the slowlod for ppl with insane rez with under whelming H/W? Only can upgrade or wait for Bis to dumb it down for old hardware.. hmmm

are you a troll? sure must be.. only one post and to troll.. what is your issue?, what hotfix is needed? the game runs good with the 1.02.5 patch, most issues are user now. and being fixed per user, what globle game issue is there that needs a hotfix? the 295 guys? NVDA will fix that soon with Bis, the slowlod for ppl with insane rez with under whelming H/W? Only can upgrade or wait for Bis to dumb it down for old hardware.. hmmm

Are you smartass?? Talkign like one so you should be..

Whats my issue.. well use your brain if im posting in the receiving black screen, game unplayable thread..

"I am getting that issue incase you didnt get the sarcasm"

8800GTS doesnt really matter many ranges of cards are getting this issue. it needs to be hotfixed ASAP becasue its stopping people from playing the game..

Well, also new HW users affected. Read more careful.

And it was said at least from my side that BIS should come up with a decent technical argumentation if they want to blame Nvidia. They did not, hence it is their turn. According to their generic HW and SW specification ArmA 2 MUST work on every rig purchased between 2006 and now.

If they are not more specific and skip serious inter-operability tests - their fault.

And if their is only 1 out of thousand possible parameter combinations in the Nvidia control panel that can run with ArmA 2, it is the f**** DUTY of BIS to state it in an installation manual.

Edited by S!fkaIaC

if you want to use the H/W specs on the box or on there site then you are at fail already. But users do use that for the argument for there H/W not working with a large LCD that is (for this game) to much resolution. The box never says what rez or settings you should use, but if you have a lowend spec, 2006 rig i would think that a 2006 average Display rez would be more to the spirit of the specs and low in game settings with some stuff on disable.... you know a 1280/1024 CRT....or at most a 17in LCD from 2006...

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Are you smartass?? ...

8800GTS doesnt really matter many ranges of cards are getting this issue. it needs to be hotfixed ASAP becasue its stopping people from playing the game..

I am.

Considering there are many more ppl with out your issue, or the issue of the OP, its good we have a forum to try to work it out, but with so many trollish posts and many of them true Viral marketing ones. There is allot lost in the threads to help and fix.

if you want to use the H/W specs on the box or on there site then you are at fail already. But users do use that for the argument for there H/W not working with a large LCD that is (for this game) to much resolution. The box never says what rez or settings you should use, but if you have a lowend spec, 2006 rig i would think that a 2006 average Display rez would be more to the spirit of the specs and low in game settings with some stuff on disable.... you know a 1280/1024 CRT....or at most a 17in LCD from 2006...

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

I am.

Considering there are many more ppl with out your issue, or the issue of the OP, its good we have a forum to try to work it out, but with so many trollish posts and many of them true Viral marketing ones. There is allot lost in the threads to help and fix.

Wow.. Your saying you are a smartass.. pathetic. Anyway really need a fix! Chop Chop!

i have the same problem.

1680x1050 latest nvidia drivers 8800 gts

happens in multi

Well, also new HW users affected. Read more careful.

And it was said at least from my side that BIS should come up with a decent technical argumentation if they want to blame Nvidia. They did not, hence it is their turn. According to their generic HW and SW specification ArmA 2 MUST work on every rig purchased between 2006 and now.

If they are not more specific and skip serious inter-operability tests - their fault.

And if their is only 1 out of thousand possible parameter combinations in the Nvidia control panel that can run with ArmA 2, it is the f**** DUTY of BIS to state it in an installation manual.

Why do they need to come up with a more detailed argument ? where does it

say that they have to ?

If its in the tracker, and being investergated, why do they need to say more ?

Reading through your posts its seems you have a very limited understanding of just how complicated it is to isolate and fix issues / bugs in very complicated software.

Do you know how many possible hardware and software combinations there are ? Do you know what its like to track down an issue onlyt o find for example that its caused by a User having (unknow 3rd party software installed that screws up the rest of the system) or thinking they know about hardware and Overclocking and end up with a dodgy system. And no, not saying that this is the case here, but all these factors do come into play.

Every single title released has Specific and strange conflicts at one time or another, again, just the sheer scope of combinations makes testing every single one impossible.

I am NOT saying that it should not be addressed or resolved however.

Also, if you have spent any time or experiance in software development / issue resolution, priority ALWAYS goes to issues that affect the MAJORITY, and the list works its way down from there (kinda, anyway it also is based on severity of the issue + frequencey(see #. users affected).

It will take time, but I have no doubt it will be fixed.

As for thoses that seem so upset over losing $50 for not being able to play untill a fix, well. I am sure that you will get more then your $50 worth of enjoyment out of the product when its fixed. And end of the day ..its $50.00 :confused::confused:

It will take time, but I have no doubt it will be fixed.

As for thoses that seem so upset over losing $50 for not being able to play untill a fix, well. I am sure that you will get more then your $50 worth of enjoyment out of the product when its fixed. And end of the day ..its $50.00 :confused::confused:

You dont seem to get it.. You pay for things for them to work not to wait for them to work do you.. What if you bought a house.. your key didnt work and you couldnt get in for a while but theres no information on when the locksmith will be there you just have to wait and be pissed off.

You dont seem to get it.. You pay for things for them to work not to wait for them to work do you.. What if you bought a house.. your key didnt work and you couldnt get in for a while but theres no information on when the locksmith will be there you just have to wait and be pissed off.

If it was a $50.00 house, I would still be happy I was able to get another house for $50.00.

What was the last "Computer Game" you brought that had the depth and complexaties of A2 that was released without any bugs or problems ?

Hell you know there are software packages that run into many thousands of $$ that also have bugs and need constant patches ?

If it was a $50.00 house, I would still be happy I was able to get another house for $50.00.

What was the last "Computer Game" you brought that had the depth and complexaties of A2 that was released without any bugs or problems ?

Hell you know there are software packages that run into many thousands of $$ that also have bugs and need constant patches ?

I respect your opinion, but this is not consistent in itself.

Usually one does not accept that his mobile phone is not working, and this one is xx times more complex.

It is just the fact that we are used to crappy SW since the SW industry managed to establish an exceptional view on them.

Whatever crap they do due to their incometence, the common accepted excuse is: Oh, but it is so complicated! :eek: :eek:

Designing and manufacturing of a stereo is complicated too...

...as well as a bicycle..

...as well as a TV...

And it is not the price, it is the quality vs. price. And this is almost zero.

Edited by S!fkaIaC

I respect your opinion, but this is not consistent in itself.

Usually one does not accept that his mobile phone is not working, and this one is xx times more complex.

It is just the fact that we are used to crappy SW since the SW industry managed to establish an exceptional view on them.

Whatever crap they do due to their incometence, the common accepted excuse is: Oh, but it is so complicated! :eek: :eek:

Designing and manufacturing of a stereo is complicated too...

...as well as a bicycle..

...as well as a TV...

And it is not the price, it is the quality vs. price. And this is almost zero.

Well.. Mobile phones..had my share of buggy phones or poor applications that can cause instability... just look at some of the Iphone or even some of the Nokia support sites.

If your trying to compare hundrends of thousands lines of code to making a stereo or TV or bike..:confused:

A stereo is just a shell with some PCB's, Caps and IC/DSP units and yup, software. Further they have there fair share of troubles too, lookup HDMI switching issues, wrong DSP modes or poor x-over handling. Oh and its not hard to grab the gear yourself and make one.

Bicycles - not even sure how you really want to compare complexaty in a bike to programming. Its just angles / stress points / ergonomincs, alot of math to be sure, but not say 300 000 caculations.

Programming is inheratly flawed, it has to be typed in by a human, just 1 spelling mistake CAN make it all go out the window. And thats not even taking into account the LOGIC that also has to be up to par.

I mean, its not like just typing out 300 000 lines of normal written words (Of course, trying to type that amount even in normal native laungauge without any errors or mistakes would also be a challenge) but its 300 000 lines of code. well minus some for comments etc.

Look, I would love to have every software package (be it Games / Server Software / Application software hell even media player software) just work out of the box everytime.. but thats just unrealistic, it will never happen as long as humans have to do the programming.

Now throw onto that, financial interests and the ever present expected ROI and it makes it even harder.

Software companys like anyone else are only there to make products / services for $$.

Extra time / resources is always..ALWAYS subject to Cost / Benifit analysis - its funny just how much power a Cost / Benifit analysis has, its a scary scary entity for any company.

As I said before, take some Server software, its $$ as hell and intended to be run on a much small varation of hardware, yet.. there are still ongoing bug hunts and patches due to freaky stuff that can happen.

Home PC's and the likes have even more problems, just think of how many different hardware combinations there could be, and then how many different software / hardware combinations there could be. Everyone has there own lillte faviourite perices of software THEY HAVE to have on there PC.

Anyway, I have no doubt that BI will get ontop of the show stopping bugs and also imporve performance. I think its great there is a issues list for all to report problems and see existing bugs listed etc. I am tring to think of how many other studios / developers in the gaming industry have had such open to the public.

Again, I would love for it to be simple and just work..always... but its just unrealistic.

Edited by MPBR

Well.. Mobile phones..had my share of buggy phones or poor applications that can cause instability... just look at some of the Iphone or even some of the Nokia support sites.

If your trying to compare hundrends of thousands lines of code to making a stereo or TV or bike..

You must be a dev, right :D :D :D

Now tell me, did you keep that broken phone? You think it is acceptable that sometimes it can not make calls and it hangs?

Bicycles - not even sure how you really want to compare complexaty in a bike to programming. Its just angles / stress points / ergonomincs, alot of math to be sure, but not say 300 000 caculations.

I did not say every thing in the world must contain SW. A condome with SW in it would make me really nervous.

If it fails as usual I have suddenly another kid or HIV.

My point was that not only SW production is complicated, also other things requiring brain and methods to ensure quality.

Only void in SW industry, there quality is an exceptional luxury since most customer accept for an unknown reason every crap.

Anyway, I have no doubt that BI will get ontop of the show stopping bugs and also imporve performance. I think its great there is a issues list for all to report problems and see existing bugs listed etc. I am tring to think of how many other studios / developers in the gaming industry have had such open to the public.

Lill history study would make you aware that all initiatives to establish a serious trouble handling came from the community.

Now throw onto that, financial interests and the ever present expected ROI and it makes it even harder.

Software companys like anyone else are only there to make products / services for $$.

Extra time / resources is always..ALWAYS subject to Cost / Benifit analysis - its funny just how much power a Cost / Benifit analysis has, its a scary scary entity for any company.

Thanks for that lesson. But I give a sh** on it because since I paid the same price like all the others and hence I can not accept to be treated as 2nd or 3rd class customer. I have no time to review their business model and financial plan before I buy their product.

BACK TO TOPIC:

Finalised testing of 186.24 driver at my rig, less cases when "Receive..." screen appears, even when I was setting most graphic settings to their maximum.

But since it still happens the handling of GPU issues is still not ok for (and others).

Edited by S!fkaIaC

Agree.

Wow you clearly dont understand.. yes i have loads of programs have used loads of programs yes they have bugs everything does but when it stops me from using said application its lame.. What part of this are you not getting?? idiot..

Just returned from crCTI, now still 186.24, Receiving hits me evry 3 Minutes, only Alt-F4 helps.

What a fu***** piece of shit they assembled again.

This is ArmA 1 in 2006 times 10.

Just returned from crCTI, now still 186.24, Receiving hits me evry 3 Minutes, only Alt-F4 helps.

What a fu***** piece of shit they assembled again.

This is ArmA 1 in 2006 times 10.

Try this fix i tried last night.. it might of done somehting for me its too early to tell its worth a try though. Go to your profile folder which for me is "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURNAME\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\YOURPROFILENAME" or for you it could be just Profiles instead of Other Profiles open your "yourname.ArmA2Profile" file with wordpad/notepad and change TexMemory to 2 so it looks like this

TexMemory=2;

Try that tell me if it does anything i got it from a post on these forums.

I used to have BSOD after 5 to 10 minutes if lucky, and now it works like a charm, I played MP for about 3 hours yesterday.

What I did is : COMPLETELY uninstall Arma II, I even went through registry to remove everything about "arma" and "bohemia" (just to make sure as I previously had illegal DL version) I also deleted my profiles, local setting and well everyhing.

I then installed latest GFX driver, installed Arma II then patched with latest patch and voilà now it seems to works with nearly everything on high setting. Average FPS is 60, drops to 45 in rainy or crowded area, dropped to 20-25 while playing Warfare game type with bajillion of AIs spawning there and there (Still VERY playable).

Btw I have a Nvidia 9800 gtx +. I fixed problem in my case and I fear it can't fixed everyone's but I hope it will help you, cause god damn shit Arma II in MP is like nothing I've seen before.

To all with the problem, just a question: What is different from your machine, to another of the same components that works just fine? It's all 0's and 1's, so the answer, while it may be complex and finicky, is still logical. Belier13 did something to isolate the issue, he removed all possibilities of random base elements. Started from a solid foundation.

Edited by Scrub
wrong tense