Sign in to follow this  
mrcash2009

Game UK - exclusive 45MB ordinance survey Map

I have an A0 printer in the next room so I can probably get a satisfactorily sized hard-copy, doncha think! :D

Drool!:D

Is it possible to strip out certain detail layers to make a road-no-terrain map?

This is where I give madd propz to BIS for making an excellent map. The shadowed terrain relief, smoothed contour lines, distances to major locations off the map, and even the colors used are all perfectly authentic and usable. Didn't give a distance scale or write out the contour interval but nobody's perfect ;)

Edited by Frederf

mrcash2009 thanks a lot! I'm suprised a direct link is available - I knew it would be leaked someway or another though :D :yay:

I have an A0 printer in the next room so I can probably get a satisfactorily sized hard-copy, doncha think! :D

Damn fenix..gotta print me a copy of the Arma 2 map :P i'd love to stick that on my ceiling so i can look up when i need the map xD

Like a real hiking map, even with cover and legend. Simply great, this is why I love BI: Attention for detail!

What versions of Arma2 include the printed map?

Thank you

What versions of Arma2 include the printed map?

Yeah I'd like to know as well if there is ?

Firefox didn't want to know. Kept getting the "The file is damaged and could not be repaired" message.

Worked first time in IE8.

Go figure :j:

P

I have been searching the forum, posted a question in another thread but didn`t get an answer:

What version of ArmA2 (aside from the CZ-special-edition) will include the printed map. It is, as you can see multilingual: "Hiking Map / Wanderkarte / Kapta", so it should be (or "could be") included also in a German or English release:

http://scriptingbay.com/public/deadfast/specialedition/map_packed.jpg

http://scriptingbay.com/public/deadfast/specialedition/map.jpg

Edited by Recta DP

You can download it for free on this forum. then print it. Its very high quality.

That map you show is from collectors version.

Alex

while you at it, you might want to resize the pictures filesizes, before placebo give you hell...

On topic: I would also wanted to have that on print... dont know any decent printing shop that would do that kind of printing over here. If there are, they probably wont print it just 1 copy...

Edited by Mr_Centipede

Watch your filesizes please.

while you at it, you might want to resize the pictures filesizes, before placebo give you hell...

Thanks, as you can see: I have been too late...

On topic: I would also wanted to have that on print... dont know any decent printing shop that would do that kind of printing over here. If there are, they probably wont print it just 1 copy...

Yes, there are 2 further problems with printshops:

1.) They won`t copy the map: Copyright protected.

2.) Maps need a special paper, so they can be properly folded.

I just want to buy the official map from BI. Is that possible?

Printshops won't print the map due to copyright? Not where I'm from. Money talks.

2442164151_6d01dd01fd_m.jpg

large version.

The Nogova map on the right was printed by a printshop and laminated. Left Everon map was actually hand drawn!! :D We have all maps incl. Sarugao (addon island) printed like the right one, which we use during our more serious war game sessions. Never heard anyone complain about copyright. If that is an issue, then make your own. Photoshop has automated tools for that. Or even fake it, by removing the copyright. I mean, somewhere we/they have to use common sense...

The foldable tourist map version though looks brilliant :D I want one too...

Printshops won't print the map due to copyright? Not where I'm from. Money talks.

The Nogova map on the right was printed by a printshop and laminated. Left Everon map was actually hand drawn!! :D We have all maps incl. Sarugao (addon island) printed like the right one, which we use during our more serious war game sessions. Never heard anyone complain about copyright. If that is an issue, then make your own. Photoshop has automated tools for that. Or even fake it, by removing the copyright. I mean, somewhere we/they have to use common sense...

The foldable tourist map version though looks brilliant :D I want one too...

The maps are really impressive. I must admit that copyright probably wont be that problematic for copy shops, although it is not legal to copy protected images...

But my question still remains: Isn`t there an official, legal way to get the foldable tourist map? From an economical viewpoint it would be rational to accommodate demand. If BI doesn`t sell enough ArmA2 copies because casual players aren`t that interessted in the game, why don`t they sell higher priced special versions for the fans worldwide?

Everon map was actually hand drawn!!

Wow, it looks great...

Edited by Recta DP

Hey Carl, love what you've done with your room. Top marks on the decor :D

The idea of a real map of a fictitious country is very original. But at least the pdf version of the tourist map is not complete. Pogoda dam, one of the highlights, is missing. Is the dam shown in the foldable version?

Not the best of images, but shows some other maps (full version).

Preview image:

2442162533_ac8954f6d1_m.jpg

My room? :D No sorry, I have to settle on a cloth soaked in weapon oil to get into the mood :D Also notice the camo net in the ceiling. We hire 'rentable houses' for these events. And this wasn't even an official event, more like a regular lan where we just happened to have some Arma folks attend.

The official ones are even more 'crazy', with each participant having his own space divided by military tent 'parts' (knappetelt). So it even smells like we're in there. Give it 5 showerless days and it smells even more :D (kidding)

is it possible to place a link for the printable map please... I cant find it with a search.

thanks

Jeff

is it possible to place a link for the printable map please... I cant find it with a search.

thanks

Jeff

I found this on Google search...

http://web.comhem.se/aphex/Chernarus.jpg

Here's another: http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9893/arma2chernarus.jpg

Super High Q: http://arma2base.de/content/download/chernarus_south-zagoria.zip

Edited by Dmented

Hey thanks Dmented! that first link was exactly what i was looking for. I did a couple of googles and didnt find anything. thanks again!

Jeff