Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA2 1.03 Impressions - ALL Impressions/Videos/Screenies Here

Detail is boring?

Nah im not with you on that one. I like when you have more than just roads, houses and trees. Also use the addon that removes most of the speech and your sorted with that. Also i think there is a desert island someone made without anything on it. should suit you. ;) Point is that you can download or create anything you want. Dont hate.

OnTopic: Just had to say great videos guys!!! :)

Dont hate.
Yeah, you're right...especially when words like loathe, despise and abomination work much better. j/k! :D

Running through people's backyards fighting flannel-wearing goons just isn't my thing. :p Just like in Arma, its up to the player to find out where Arma II shines whether it be mods, missions or whatever. And I'm sure I'll find it. I just started.

As I said, I had much harsher words for Arma when I first picked up but then that was from playing the stock SP campaign. :eek:

BTW, great sig pic Alex!

got the game yesterday, installed all patches, runs well, lots of in game bugs, not a techie, just a user, but looks very rushed out, reading threads seems lots of patches to come, good.

Control system seems unwieldy but once grasped is OK, visually stunning, should keep me happy till, NOV 2 when Modern Warefare 2 comes out :)

Oh...lol at the US officer with British Accent....wet myself.

Sounds good in 7.1 surround sound :)

Edited by robbya

First impressions....

I really hate the visual "style" of Arma II. It's like a Slavic rural rust belt.

That's what it is.

first impressions arn't bad, you start out thinking a few tweaks and this will be great! from there it's all down hill. The more you attempt to play the lower the opinion falls. intollarable all types of glitching and lockups apear more consistantly no matter what rig you have and much worse for some.

The engine feels like it was gaffa taped together. the interface is a train wreck with sliders that should not be there at all and no explanation as to the impact they may or may not have. the graphics are dated and inaccurate. The sound is appalling using HW excellerated or not. Single player campagne is unplayable unless you are increadable tolerant or just mindless of the cash you spent on it or just bought it to make small missions for yourself with none of the platforms supposed grandure and scale.

Online play was a letdown aswell as tellaporting, disconnections, mission breakers and a unstable community all combine to make the experiance a frustration.

In conclussion, frustrating is the best description I can give. The software(can't call it a game) sugests it offers alot but simply doesn't delliver. Conceptualy brilliant though! once the concept is matched by the software it will be as good as it can get.

I will quallify my comments by saying I have worked for the Australian SAS when I was younger for 5 years and know what sounds real and doesn't. I have a diploma in system administration(lvl4) and though I grew out of pulling my pants down in public a long time ago, my rig spec's are; QX9650@3.33, 4g DDR2@800 4/3/3/7, 780i sli, 2xGTX285 2gig editions, 4xRaptor's RAID0, X-Fi Titanium Pro, Enermax Galaxy. Viewed through a Samsung Syncmaster 305Tplus@ 2560x1600 and a 12meg PPPoE adsl2+ connection.

I haven't played online, but I agree with the rest. It's the first BIS game I have seen, and I find that potentially it could be a great game, but a lot of functional and non functional issues take a lot of fun away. I don't know if I am more frustrated because of the issues themselves or because of the fun I could have if they weren't there.

It's a great shame

I really hate that the smokegrenades is now S**t.

They only smoke 20% of what they used to, and only last 3 sec.

When we can see the next patch?

Waiting for fix of multiplayer bug - "No data received for 10 seconds" with router using (((((((

_TzcB2AYIuM

Also available in 1280X720 if you click on it and watch on youtube itself.

What is strange about this video?!?! Man you act funny, not AI. What did you expect, that AI would jump on tank hulls from behind like rambo and throw grenades inn?

That was not a test, that was i dont know , well i will not say.

you could try the beta patches

If i'll setup a 1.03 beta patch can i play on servers with patch 1.03

So... any news about 1.04? ^_^"

Yes you can.

No you can't play on 1.03 servers if you're running a beta version. You must have the same exact game version to connect online.

No you can't play on 1.03 servers if you're running a beta version. You must have the same exact game version to connect online.

What are you talking about?

I played hours with the newest Beta (see signature) -- on every 1.03 server.

I always install the newest betas and I can play everywhere at anytime.

noobs quastion - where i can get a latest beta-patch? :)

This man is right. Jugg, users of the beta patches can still play on 1.03 servers, I too can confirm this as well as playing with others who can confirm this.

Ok, got a small problem to report.

Playing the mission after Harvest Red, the one where you are traxking down Lebedev or whatever his name is.

At one point, the helicopter got stuck at one place, I had requested support, it would acknowledge, but just stay at that one spot.

So I had to treck for about 15 mins accross the map to where it was, then I selected my team, pointed at it, and told them to board it. Only then did it move (it was just hovering about 50m in the air, there were no trees or anything underneath.)

So then I got the radio message that he is heading for the border, and we have twenty mins to intercept him.

SO I board the chopper, go to map, - wait, where was it he was spotted? Where was he heading to? Cant remember, nothing is marked on the map, nor can I access a log of that conversation, so how the hell can I remember?

It would be nice if ALL conversations appeared in the log in the map, including triggered radio messages.

@thaFunkster

Its under your boss dialogue log I think.

I rember I found it but it was under the button where you can view all dialogues you have had with characters in the mission.

This man is right. Jugg, users of the beta patches can still play on 1.03 servers, I too can confirm this as well as playing with others who can confirm this.

Odd how this works/doesn't work.

I could not even see our server untill I matched the beta's on it and client.