Sign in to follow this  
Cyborg11

Little Birds in ArmA2

Nice.

I thought you meant little bird as in animal when I saw the title. ^^

Yes, that value refers to the magazine which is defined elsewhere. Find where it is defined and you can then mod it.

In before the lock!

Not a good idea to publish copyrighted material, especially not on the official website.

Can you be more specific about your request?

The Sample license includes the following:

THE LICENSE

============

1) Bohemia Interactive grants to you a personal, nonexclusive License to open, modify and distribute the ArmA Sample Models for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and producing non-commercial game content for PC game ArmA and its sequels or expansion packs.

So BI grants the use of the samples for A2, including the LB's.

Great job on these Cyborg112, Thank you so much!

It’s add-ons like this that makes this game so fun. I love these birds, and I noticed they were missing right away because I always liked to fly around in them. I’m happy I found this post!

My dream is that BIS will release LittleBirds and a flexible rope script as an expansion, "ArmA II: SpecOps" or something. :)

THE LICENSE

============

1) Bohemia Interactive grants to you a personal, nonexclusive License to open, modify and distribute the ArmA Sample Models for the purpose of designing, developing, testing, and producing non-commercial game content for PC game ArmA and its sequels or expansion packs.

So BI grants the use of the samples for A2, including the LB's.

With 'ArmA Sample Models' don't they mean the models which come with ARMA1 modding software (oxygen)? not the actual ingame models :confused:

And the fact that the Moderators haven't locked this topic seems to be a pretty good indicator that this is kosher. Assuming they've seen it, which I think is highly likely. ;)

New to this Arma stuff, run a online game but we don't and won't use "MODS", so there is no way ever to have any non default vehicles unless in MOD mode? :/

Er... is this a trick question? Non-default vehicles are by definition 'mods'.

Hmm im not sure how to install this,i dont have a folder called "root" to install it as per the instructions,or is this file the one titled "add ons" that has all the animals,buildings etc listed in it?im pretty new to all this stuff so apologies for being a bit dumb :rolleyes:

ArmA root directory just refers to the folder located at something like c:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA. It's whereever the arma.exe is located. During the install progress you could have pointed the game to install anywhere, for instance x:\superhappyfuntime. Saying ArmA root just cuts to the chase. Whereever you have ArmA installed- the folder that contains the AddOns, dta, campaigns, etc folders- you want to unzip the archive into that folder. This will give you some new directories... something like ...ArmA\@Littlebirds\AddOns.

Er... is this a trick question? Non-default vehicles are by definition 'mods'.

what's the trick? Mod mode means we must run with -mod=@littlebirds or whatever, and becomes a requirement for players, whereas I thought we could just include it in our mission and it would work thus not requiring to be a MOD..

Correct me if I am wrong, but I do not wish to enforce the public to go find a download to play on the server.. so therefore I am jus absolutely shocked they didnt include this in the game.. I actually am so dissapointed i want my money back even though i will get $5000 worth of play.. I just sit here and shake my head they did this stupid Marines thing, leaving it complettely out

Also goes for the M113 as well :/

I just installed this mod into both my server and on my machine as well and when I try to join my sever I get this messege:

Files "@LittleBirds\addons\cyborg11_west_lb.pbo", "@LittleBirds\addons\factions.pbo", "@LittleBirds\addons\littlebirds_config.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Any help would be appreciated.

I just installed this mod into both my server and on my machine as well and when I try to join my sever I get this messege:

Files "@LittleBirds\addons\cyborg11_west_lb.pbo", "@LittleBirds\addons\factions.pbo", "@LittleBirds\addons\littlebirds_config.pbo" are not signed by a key accepted by this server. To play on this server, remove listed files or install additional accepted keys.

Any help would be appreciated.

at the moment your server is running 'verifysign 1' it will force BIS standard game only.

Change that to verifysign 0 to allow use of this addon and other, but it won't restrict addons that are amended/or unsigned.

Man nice, but like the Chinook mod, this one two has that weird glass damage when given one shot with a gun.

Also you can only get in on one side it seems, for the rest, nice very nice indeed, working dails FTW, and viewable joystick as well :).

The F16 mod misses the Joystick and working dails.

I'm new to running a server so please bear with the nub questions ;).

Are the Little Birds available in all game types and missions? Just checking cause I have everything installed and target line changed in my desktop icon as necessary and no birds present in domination mission type.

I'm new to running a server so please bear with the nub questions ;).

Are the Little Birds available in all game types and missions? Just checking cause I have everything installed and target line changed in my desktop icon as necessary and no birds present in domination mission type.

For the little birds to 'show up' in a mission the original mission maker has to use the addons.

Else the littlebirds will sit in the mod folder and never be used.

Take for example domination, if after clearing the side mission, you would normally get a hummv, the mission maker has to change the hummv for a littlebird.

Thats the only way the littlebirds will appear in missions, give it more time and they will be used by more mission makers

Hey i got a question. how do i add this to my multiplayer games? I got the addon working and can add the Littlebirds in like editor etc. but i would like to buy one on the Superpowers map.

// Jokk