@ Lightspeed_aust

change the class of the unit which can revive to the name of the medic you wish to use.

all units revive

UNITS THAT CAN REVIVE/UNITS THAT CAN BE REVIVED
_can_revive 					= "soldierWB";	

change to medic only revive (in this case delta force medic)

// UNITS THAT CAN REVIVE/UNITS THAT CAN BE REVIVED
_can_revive 			="US_Delta_Force_Medic_EP1";	

Edited by shark-attack

Hi Norrin, thank you for the script, it works fine, but i have a quastion, maybe you or someone else can help me ? Is there any way to use the Revive and have no respawn , (i know that revive is respawn). In my coop mission i want to have - 3 lives and thats all, i mean if someone died 3 times - he dies for true, with no re-join cheating. So he wount be able to re-join the game or just press "ESC" and replace playeble character. Only 3 lives no mater what , after that only spectate cam nothing more, if you re-join in the middle of a game - again - spectate cam. Thank you again and sorry for my bad Engish.

Is there a list of the soldier classes that should be used in the "can revive, can be revived part of this script.

Is soldier WB the correct class to use with US Army units?

I'm also interested in the no respawn aspect posted above. I use the script to allow three revives but no respawn also with a 5 minute time limit. In effect you can be revived three times in under 5 mins and on fourth death your dead or on any death where time elapses. But I just want the spectator cam when you are dead with no possibility of selecting another slot or respawning.

Has the latest version of the script changed anything significant? I'm now in a situation where no matter what role I play I can never be revived. I can play and revive others without any problems but the minute I'm shot my team mates don't get the option to revive me. I can still see them moving around and hear them speaking but I can't communicate with them and I'm effectively out of the game as far as they are concerned.

Is there a way to work out if it's a mod conflict? I run ACRE and JSRS sound mod.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Edited by Sabre=TE=

I believe any Man classname can be used under can revive and can be revived.

i have a probleme in MP. 1 player(me) ok none probleme. 2 players bug.

On your map of test too.

I'm dead, i click on respawn the player respawn and dead

and i press the key "ESC" respawn i becomes a raven and the mission is finisch

Norrin, would it be possible to make it so that when a player dies in a vehicle, he doesn't get "pushed" out? What I think would be cool to see is if a player died in a vehicle, he stays in. Then when the vehicle is stopped, someone can scroll their mouse wheel and use a Remove Wounded action, which then kicks the body out and allows for a revive. So, kind of like using the store wounded in cargo, except if they are shot while in the vehicle they are automatically stored.

i have a probleme in MP. 1 player(me) ok none probleme. 2 players bug.

On your map of test too.

I'm dead, i click on respawn the player respawn and dead

and i press the key "ESC" respawn i becomes a raven and the mission is finisch

Example :

i'm dead

http://www.picdo.net/fichiers/2010/10/12/a10993fb-2642-4264-b179-c0b2a804cd4f_Sans-titre.JPG

i respawn... message you have respawn at ...

and i have its

http://www.picdo.net/fichiers/2010/10/12/0b4bfd73-518d-4d9b-96e2-cf9e1b533b06_Sans-titre2.JPG

/*
 ARMA2 REVIVE SCRIPT - single player

© JANUARY 2010 - norrin (norrin@iinet.net.au)

Version:  0.1 SP ArmA2    
*******************************************************************************************************
 See release notes for details on contributors and instructions for incorporating revive scripts into your  own missions
************************************************************************************
Start revive_init.sqf
*/
// =====================================================================================================================
// DO NOT MODIFY THIS CODE
// =====================================================================================================================
// sickboy's code modified by _xeno
T_INIT     = true;
T_Server     = true; 
T_Client     = true; 
T_JIP     = false;

T_MP = (if (playersNumber east + playersNumber west + playersNumber resistance + playersNumber civilian > 0) then {true} else {false});

if (isServer) then 
{
   T_Server = true;
   if (!isNull player) then {T_Client = true};
   T_INIT = true;
} else {
   T_Client = true;
   if (isNull player) then 
   {
       T_JIP = true;
       [] spawn {waitUntil {!isNull player};T_INIT = true};
   } else {
       T_INIT = true;
   };
};
waitUntil {T_INIT};
// THE FOLLOWING CODE CAN BE MODIFIED
// GENERAL REVIVE OPTIONS  (Off = 0, On = 1)
_mission_end_function             = 0;                //array no.0  - mission ends when all players are unconscious
_call_out_function                 = 1;                //array no.6  - whether a unit calls out while unconscious
_water_dialog                     = 1;                //array no.45 - whether a dialog appears when a unit dies in water so that it can auto wash ashore 
_unconscious_drag                 = 1;                //array no.39 - whether a unit can drag the bodies of unconscious players 
_load_wounded                    = 1;                //array no.61 - allows you to load unconscious units on vehicles
_altUnc_animation                 = 0;                //array no.54 - use alternate revive animation
_JIP_spawn_dialog                 = 0;                //array no.2  - whether a dialog appears when a player JIP so that he can be transported to a spawn point near the action //Not needed for single player
_time_b4_JIP_spawn_dialog         = 10000;            //array no.17 - time before the respawn dialog appears for JIP players  //Not needed for single player
_perpetual_server                = 0;                //array no.62 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_ACE_mod                        = 0;                //array no.102 - NOT IMPLEMENTED - Currently a place holder for possible future functionality 
// ==================================================================
// LIST OF PLAYABLE UNITS
NORRN_player_units = ["s1","s2","s3","s4"];
// WELCOME SCREEN
//titleText ["Hello,Ahoj,Salut\n\n(Bienvenue, Welcome)", "BLACK FADED", 0.6];     // This next line can be commented out or removed if it interferes with intro movies  
// REVIVE OPTIONS
//_max_respawns                     = (paramsArray select 1);            //array no.38 - Number of lives per unit
_max_respawns                    = 40;
_JIP_respawns                    = [2,30];            //array no.63 - 0 - off or the number of lives players receive when they join in progress , JIP time after the mission starts 
_revive_timer                     = 1;                 //array no.7  - Whether you want to limit the amount of timer a player has while unconscious
_revive_time_limit                 = 300;                //array no.27 - Amount of time a player remains unconscious before respawning or dying
_revive_damage                     = 0;                //array no.37 - Unit's level of damage following revive
_unconscious_markers             = 1;                //array no. 4 - Whether a marker appears on the game map at the location of the unconscious unit
_caseVAC                        = [1, ["MASH","HMMWV_Base"]];    //array no.64 - Allows units to be taken to a hospital etc to be revived
_mediVAC                        = [];                //array no.65 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_chance_ofDeath                    = [0,0];            //array no.66 - Two parameters in the array the first switches off/on (0/1) chance of death when shot, increases dues to hit location and number of times revived and the second parameter switches on/off the decreasing respawn timer based on how many times you have been revived, if using set respawn-time to at least 300 seconds.
_dualTimer                        = 0;                //array no.67 - NOT IMPLEMENTED - normal units can only revive for eg 30 seconds whereas medics can heal players up to 120 secs - array - [0/1 - off/on, revive timer for normal unit, timer for medic] 
_deadSpectator_cam                 = 1;                //array no.92 - leave as 0 - whether a unit can spectate other friendly units when it has run out of lives
// RESPAWN OPTIONS
_no_respawn_points                 = 4;                //array no.12 - no of respawn points (Max number 4)  
_Base_1                         = "Mobile";            //array no.13 - spawn position names  
_Base_2                         = "Insertion";        //array no.14
_Base_3                         = "base russ";        //array no.15
_Base_4                         = "base américain";    //array no.16 
_Base_free_respawn                 = [1,1,0,0];        //array no.36 - select whether to allow respawning at spawn points even if enemy troops are present (options OFF = 0, ON = 1) 
_respawn_at_base_addWeapons     = 0;                //array no.11 - unit respawns with weapons it commenced the mission with  
_respawn_at_base_magazines         = [];                //array no.34 - If using the respawn_at_base_addWeapons option then place the magazine and weapon 
_respawn_at_base_weapons         = [];                //array no.35   types in the following arrays, if left blank respawns with weapons from mission start
_respawn_position                 = 2;                //array no.28 - 0 - respawn at base_1; 1 -  the closest enemy free respawn point; 2 - players choice; and 3 -  dies
_respawnAtBaseWait                = [0,0];            //array no.68 - Two parameters: 1st if = 1 makes players that respawn at base wait for (parameter 2) seconds before being able to see surroundings   
_objectiveBasedRP                = [];                 //array no.69 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
// Mobile Spawn Settings
_mobile_spawn                     = 1;                //array no.51 - set to 1 if you want to use mobile spawn    
//_mobile_base_start                 = "Insertion";            //array no.52 - NO LONGER NEEDED, REDUNDANT VARIABLE
_mobile_base2_start             = "";                //array no.70 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_mobile_type                     = 1;                //array no.60 - set as 0 - for vehicle and 1 for man
_mobile_man                     = s1;                  //array no.53 - place name of unit here or if not used make sure set as objNull
_mobile_man2                    = objNull;            //array no.71 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
// UNITS THAT CAN REVIVE/UNITS THAT CAN BE REVIVED
_can_revive                     = "soldierWB";        //array no.18 
_can_revive_2                     = "";                //array no.19
_can_revive_3                    = "";                //array no.72 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_can_revive_4                    = "";                //array no.73 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_can_be_revived                 = "soldierWB";        //array no.20  
_can_be_revived_2                 = "";                //array no.21 
_can_be_revived_3                = "";                //array no.74 - NOT IMPLEMENTED 
_can_be_revived_4                 = "";                //array no.75 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_medic_1                        = "USMC_Soldier_Medic";    //array no.76 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding    
_medic_2                        = "";                //array no.77 - Used in conjunction with medpacks and bleeding
_medic_3                        = "";                //array no.78 - NOT IMPLEMENTED    
_medic_4                        = "";                //array no.79 - NOT IMPLEMENTED    
//========================================================
// MEDPACK AND BLEEDING OPTIONS
_medpacks                        = 0;                //array no.80 - Whether you want to give the units a limited number of revive kits 0/1 - no/yes
_stabilisation                    = 0;                //array no.81 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_bleeding                         = 4;                //array no.82 - Make units bleed and require bandages
_medic_medpacks                 = 5;                //array no.83 - No of medpacks for units specified in the _medic variables - they are required for reviving units        
_unit_medpacks                     = 3;                //array no.84 - No of medpacks for units specified in the _can_revive variables - they are required for reviving units            
_medic_bandages                 = 5;                //array no.85 - Bandages stop bleeding        
_unit_bandages                     = 3;                //array no.86 - 
_medic_stable                    = 0;                //array no.100 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_unit_stable                    = 0;                //array no.101 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_stabTime_tillDeath                = 0;                //array no.87 - NOT IMPLEMENTED //Time until death following revive without stabilisation
// ENEMY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS
_no_enemy_sides                 = 1;                //array no.22 - No of Enemy sides (0, 1 or 2). 
_enemy_side_1                     = "EAST";            //array no.23 - Enemy sides can be "EAST", "WEST", "GUER" etc  
_enemy_side_2                     = "";                //array no.24 
_enemy_side_3                     = "";                //array no.88 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_enemy_side_4                     = "";                //array no.89 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
// FRIENDLY SIDE TO PLAYABLE UNITS
_allied_side_1                     = "WEST";            //array no.42 - Friendly sides can be "EAST", "WEST","RESISTANCE" etc.  
_allied_side_2                     = "WEST";            //array no.43 - If all players are from the same side make sure you set the same side for both variables eg "WEST", "WEST"
_allied_side_3                     = "";                //array no.90 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
_allied_side_4                     = "";                //array no.91 - NOT IMPLEMENTED
// UNCONSCIOUS CAMERA OPTIONS
_follow_cam                     = 1;                //array no.5  - option to allow viewing of friendly units while unconscious
_follow_cam_distance            = 250;                //array no.32 - the range that unconscious players can spectate friendly units
_follow_cam_team                   = 0;                //array no.44 - set to 1 if you wish unconscious players only to spectate players within NORRN_player_units array
_top_view_height                    = 70;                //array no.55 - allows you to set the top down camera height 
_visible_timer                     = 1;                //array no.41 - view a cound-down timer while unconscious
_unconscious_music                 = 1;                //array no.46 - music must appear as unc_theme in music.hpp
// RESPAWN DIALOG OPTIONS
_nearest_teammate_dialog         = 0;                //array no.3  - whether a respawn dialog appears when there are no players within this distance  
_all_dead_dialog                 = 0;                //array no.1  - whether a respawn dialog appears when all players are unconscious (_all_dead_player = 1)  
_respawn_button_timer             = 0;                //array no.25 - Time until respawn button appears (0 = approx. 12 seconds), NB: Set to a high number like 100000 seconds if you do not want
_distance_to_friend             = 250;                //array no.26 - If the closest friendly unit is further than this distance away trigger respawn dialog 
_all_dead_player                 = 0;                //array no.56
_all_dead_distance                 = 10000;            //array no.57 - whether a respawn dialog appears when all players within a specified distance are unconscious (_all_dead_player = 1)
// Bonus life for aiding team mates function
_reward_function                 = 1;                 //array no.96 - specify whether a unit receives bonus lives for reviving other players
_revives_required                 = 1;                //array no.97 - Number of revives required before recieving a bonus life
// Team kill function // Not required for single player 
_team_kill_function             = 1;                //array no.98 - specify whether a unit loses a life for killing team mates
_no_team_kills                     = 1;                //array no.99 - Number of teamkills before punishment
// CONFIGURABLE OPTIONS FOR HEAL YOURSELF FUNCTION
_heal_yourself                     = 1;                //array no.8  - whether a unit can heal damage to itself
_no_of_heals                     = 1;                //array no.29 - Number of heals that each player gets during a mission  
_lower_bound_heal                 = 0.1;                //array no.30 - The damage level range between which the heal action becomes available 
_upper_bound_heal                 = 0.8;                //array no.31
// AI REVIVE BEHAVIOUR OPTIONS
_goto_revive                     = 0;                //array no. 9  - closest AI automatically moves to revive a downed team mate
_AI_smoke                         = 0;                //array no. 40 - if available reviving AI throws smoke on downed AI position
_AI_aware                         = 1;                //array no. 49 - AI will clear an enemy units it is aware of before auto reviving
_AI_cover                         = 1;                //array no. 50 - second AI unit moves with AI reviver to give cover
_AI_dismount                     = 0;                //array no. 58 - toggles ability of reviving AI units to dismount vehicles (1 = dismount)
_call_for_AI_help                 = 1;                //array no. 59 - allows AI units to call for help 
_goto_revive_distance             = 500;                //array no. 33 - distance AI units will move to revive a downed team mate

// OPTIONS FOR PLAYER'S DEAD BODIES AND EQUIPMENT - Additional revive functions with many thanks to alef (0 - off, 1 - on except for _bury_timeout)
_drop_weapons                     = 1;                 //array no.93  - should the respawned player drop his weapons where he died?
_cadaver                         = 1;                 //array no.94 - should the respawned player's body remain there?
_bury_timeout                     = 12;                //array no.95 - if drop weapons OR player body, how long before the body is buried?
                                                   // 0=maximum (1200s) , n=seconds up to 1200s (hard coded)
// USER CODE - eg. NORRNCustonexec1="execvm ""myscript.sqf"";hint ""myoutput"";"
NORRNCustomExec1                ="";                 // Exec1 occurs following being revived
NORRNCustomExec2                ="";                  // Exec2 occurs when you team kill
NORRNCustomExec3                ="";                // Exec3 occurs when you spawn at base
NORRNCustomExec4                ="";                  // Exec4 occurs when you try and spawn at base but it is still occupied
NORRNCustomExec5                ="";                  // Must use variables: MAP_r_rejoin (false - first time, 
                                                   // true - rejoining the server, and 
                                                   // MAP_r_no_lives - number of lives if you rejoin server) 
// DO NOT MODIFY THE FOLLOWING CODE
NORRN_revive_array = [];
NORRN_revive_array = [_mission_end_function,_all_dead_dialog,_JIP_spawn_dialog,_nearest_teammate_dialog,_unconscious_markers,_follow_cam,_call_out_function,_revive_timer,
_heal_yourself,_goto_revive,_unconscious_invincibility,_respawn_at_base_addWeapons,_no_respawn_points,_Base_1,_Base_2,_Base_3,_Base_4,_time_b4_JIP_spawn_dialog,
_can_revive,_can_revive_2,_can_be_revived,_can_be_revived_2,_no_enemy_sides,_enemy_side_1,_enemy_side_2,_respawn_button_timer,_distance_to_friend,
_revive_time_limit,_respawn_position,_no_of_heals,_lower_bound_heal,_upper_bound_heal,_follow_cam_distance,_goto_revive_distance,_respawn_at_base_magazines,
_respawn_at_base_weapons, _Base_free_respawn, _revive_damage, _max_respawns, _unconscious_drag,_AI_smoke,_visible_timer,_allied_side_1,_allied_side_2,_follow_cam_team,
_water_dialog, _unconscious_music, _enemy_units_1, _enemy_units_2, _AI_aware,_AI_cover,_mobile_spawn,_mobile_base_start,_mobile_man,_altUnc_animation,_top_view_height,
_all_dead_player,_all_dead_distance,_AI_dismount,_call_for_AI_help,_mobile_type,_load_wounded,_perpetual_server,_JIP_respawns,_caseVAC,_mediVAC,_chance_ofDeath,_dualTimer,
_respawnAtBaseWait,_objectiveBasedRP,_mobile_base2_start,_mobile_man2,_can_revive_3,_can_revive_4,_can_be_revived_3,_can_be_revived_4,_medic_1,_medic_2,_medic_3,_medic_4,
_medpacks,_stabilisation,_bleeding,_medic_medpacks,_unit_medpacks,_medic_bandages,_unit_bandages,_stabTime_tillDeath,_enemy_side_3,_enemy_side_4,
_allied_side_3,_allied_side_4,_deadSpectator_cam,_drop_weapons,_cadaver,_bury_timeout,_reward_function,_revives_required,_team_kill_function,_no_team_kills,_medic_stable, _unit_stable,
_ACE_mod];

// start related revive functions
[] execVM "revive_sqf\init_related_scripts.sqf";

if (true) exitWith {};    
//Last edited 17/08/09

//if (_name == player) then {[_name] execVM 'revive_sqf\rPrn.sqf'}

Edited by j4ck3ss

Hi revivers, I'm back finally.

Just been going through my PMs and boy there's a lot - if I've missed anyone please let me know.

Seems that people have been having a few problems with the scripts, I'll try and answer what I can - once again if I've missed any posts you know the deal.

@j4ck3ss - from what you've posted mate it appears that you are using a SP version of the revive - this won't work in MP missions. If you have OA I strongly recommend you update the version of the script you are using to this one as it should work in SP and MP: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1750673&postcount=656

@DocE - many thanks mate - I'll make the changes as soon as X gives me a break from the AAW mod :) Anyway I'll be in touch to clarify a couple of things.

@horror1 -

im using your script for a mission in a vietnam mod and i would like to disable the ammocrate wich gets spawned with the mobile spawn but i couldnt find an entry, can you give me a hint how to disable the spawnng ammocrate?
Just remove or change the following lines from the \respawn_sqf\mobile\deploy_camo.sqf script
switch (playerSide) do 
{
   case west: {"USBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1" createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];};
   case east: {"TKBasicAmmunitionBox_EP1" createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];};
   case resistance: {"GuerillaCacheBox_EP1" createVehicle [_pos_vcl select 0, (_pos_vcl select 1) - 2, (_pos_vcl select 2) - 4];};
};

@sixpack -

Anyone know if there is an option for an ammo cache with the mobile_man option?
You need to add the code given above above to the \respawn_sqf\mobile\deploy_camo_man.sqf script - also add the following lines to the \respawn_sqf\mobile\stow_camo_man.sqf script
_ammo_crates = nearestObjects [_vcl, ["ReammoBox"], 10];
{deleteVehicle _x} forEach _ammo_crates;

@Le_CuLtO - many thanks - I'll take a look and implement it directly into the scripts if that's OK - I'll also add you to the list of revive credits :)

@Tank86 -

Hi Norrin, thank you for the script, it works fine, but i have a quastion, maybe you or someone else can help me ? Is there any way to use the Revive and have no respawn

Yes there is mate, just make sure that in the revive_init.sqf that

_max_respawns = 3;

_deadSpectator_cam = 1;

_no_respawn_points = 0;

_respawn_position = 3;

_mobile_spawn = 0;

_mobile_man = objNull;

_nearest_teammate_dialog = 0;

_all_dead_dialog = 0;

_respawn_button_timer = 10000;

_distance_to_friend = 10000;

_all_dead_player = 0;

_all_dead_distance = 10000;

Hope I haven't missed any vital settings.

@gonk - haven't forgotten you mate

And to those of you who have helped answer other mission editors questions I give my undying gratitude :)

Revive 0.50 OA

Well, he’s back for 5 minutes and already he's double posting.

Download

http://home.iprimus.com.au/simonnsl/revive/revive050_OA.rar

If you are updating and you are using a version greater than 0.45 then all you need to do is replace the revive_sqf in your mission folder with the one in the archive.

Fixes version 0.50

* Dr_Eyeball’s list of fixes (see: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1753460&postcount=661)

* Le_CuLtO for the much needed unconcious dialog size fix

Many thanks to both of these guys for going to the trouble of helping out with this :)

* Units will now only be able to revive one unit at a time (hopefully, no more multi-revives)

*If the option not to use the unconscious follow cam/dialog is chosen (ie. _follow_cam = 0 in the revive_init.sqf) then the camera will now follow unconscious players while in vehicles (a number of other fixes have been made when choosing this option).

This bug has caused me a lot of headache.

If your units is not named, (eg. you use playableUnits) then the syntax with calls to formatted strings get messed up, because it is translated into group id, which ruins the syntax or something like that:

Code:

'if(!isNull B |#|1-1-A:1 (Muzzleflash) && B 1-1-A:1 (Muzz...'

Error Missing )

If this is not a bug, then make it more obvious, and write in guide that units should be named.

EDIT-------------------------

After having edited my units to have a name and succefully respawned I got an error, something about "weapon holder".

Just wanted to be sure you saw this in case you think it needs to be fixed.

Hi Norrin, thanks for your enjoyable work.

Could you tell me where I can find the latest working version of Revive Script for Arma II vanilla.

If I got It, Can I ask some question about implementation here?

Thanks a lot and excuse for my english.

@Tank86 -

Yes there is mate, just make sure that in the revive_init.sqf that

_max_respawns = 3;

_deadSpectator_cam = 1;

_no_respawn_points = 0;

_respawn_position = 3;

_mobile_spawn = 0;

_mobile_man = objNull;

_nearest_teammate_dialog = 0;

_all_dead_dialog = 0;

_respawn_button_timer = 10000;

_distance_to_friend = 10000;

_all_dead_player = 0;

_all_dead_distance = 10000;

Hope I haven't missed any vital settings.

hey m8...with the above settings will the JIP players be joining at the start of the mission?

Dumbass moment.

This used to work then i upgraded for the fancy dialog screen and now when i respawn my dude is dead and im looking at him from around 4 feet away.

Anyone know what i did other than "leave well enough alone" :D

@Muzzleflash - Are you using OA? As the weapon holder error I think relates to the back pack function - if you are just using vanilla ArmA2 then see post below.

@OverCharger - For people using vanilla ArmA2 (no OA) this is the most up-to-date version :

http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_042.utes.rar

If you are using a newer version and you want to revert I think all you need to do is to replace the revive_sqf in your mission folder with the one in the archive above.

@kdjac - sounds suspiciously like you have forgotten to create a respawn marker (eg respawn_west) in the editor.

@tomcat_ Hiya mate :)

You've just reminded me I never responded to your PM :eek: :blush:

Yeah if you remove all the respawn points then JIP players will join at the mission start - if you want them to enter the mission at some other point then a simple teleport script when a player JIPs would probably suffice.

norrin

[quote=norrin;1769591@OverCharger - For people using vanilla ArmA2 (no OA) this is the most up-to-date version :

http://www.norrin.org/downloads/ArmA2/revive/AI_enabled/Revive_TEST_042.utes.rar

If you are using a newer version and you want to revert I think all you need to do is to replace the revive_sqf in your mission folder with the one in the archive above.

Excellent!

I was working on that version.

Until now I´m working on 3 missions with your script succesfully implemented:

- Only Revive

- Revive + Mobile Vehicle respawn + Base respawn

- Revive + Mobile Man respawn + Base respawn

Is possible to implement a mission with revive and only mobile respawn point?

I can't find the way.

Edited by OverCharger

Hey Norrin.

I've been trying to get your script to work on Arma 2 vanilla Steam version (the Revive_TEST_042.utes.rar) but I'm having some difficulties. I've read through the readme and the post which was similar to this but I can't get it to work.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but whenever I am shot and killed, it simply respawns me on top of my body 3 seconds later. I'm running a multiplayer mission on LAN with ai guys, just to test it out.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

I'm probably doing something wrong, but whenever I am shot and killed, it simply respawns me on top of my body 3 seconds later. I'm running a multiplayer mission on LAN with ai guys, just to test it out.

Any help will be appreciated, thanks.

Check from description.ext that you have specified the correct respawn type.

And what about the respawn marker? Is it too close to player area?

As Vanha-ICON suggests check the respawn type in your description.ext and make sure both the respawn and the boot_hill markers are situated well away from where your playable units are placed in the editor.

There's a couple of other things to check:

* Make sure that you've remembered to create a game logic that you've named "server" in the editor; and

* that you haven't left off a semi-colon or made a syntax error when you have edited the revive_init.sqf to suit your style of play.

I've checked the game logic and the markers, as far as I can tell there shouldn't be an issue there.

What is the correct respawn type? Currently it's set to the default (BASE).

One thing, I tried turning on the option to have the mission end if all players were unconscious, but it activated about 30 seconds into the mission, even though nobody actually was.

uhm i am getting a lot of script errors when i am playing the demo missions 1.50b!

is that normal?

uhm i am getting a lot of script errors when i am playing the demo missions 1.50b!

is that normal?

Mate I'm a bit confused the latest release for ARMA2/OA is 0.50. The only version 1.50 I've made is for ArmA1. If you are talking about the ArmA2 0.50 can you please send me a snippet of your ArmA2 report file so I can take a look at the sorts of errors you're getting.

I just ran a few tests with both the beta and A2OA 1.54 patch and the only error I'm seeing is the expected:

WARNING: Function 'name' - norrin is dead

when ever a unit that uses the revive falls unconscious.

Mate I'm a bit confused the latest release for ARMA2/OA is 0.50. The only version 1.50 I've made is for ArmA1. If you are talking about the ArmA2 0.50 can you please send me a snippet of your ArmA2 report file so I can take a look at the sorts of errors you're getting.

I just ran a few tests with both the beta and A2OA 1.54 patch and the only error I'm seeing is the expected:

WARNING: Function 'name' - norrin is dead

when ever a unit that uses the revive falls unconscious.

my bad 0.50 starting test mission right now!

edit:

Bad lock radius 53.4877

[729273,17378,0,"XEH: PreInit Started"]

[729273,17378.1,0,"MISSINIT","revive_050","Desert_E",false,true,false]

[729273,17378.2,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

[729275,17378.8,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]

Error in expression <r execVM "revive_init.sqf";

skiptime (paramsArray select 0);

sleep 5;

execVM >

Error position: <paramsArray select 0);

sleep 5;

execVM >

Error Undefined variable in expression: paramsarray

File C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\=WB=Bell\missions\revive_050.Desert_E\init.sqf, line 7

[729365,17379.8,0,"CBA_VERSIONING",["#CBA_HASH#",["cba"],[[[0,6,0,123],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]]

[729366,17379.9,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished; [true,false,false,true,false,true,true,true,true,0]"]

Error B 1-1-A:4 (s4): Invalid path - length 1

Entity listed twice.

Edited by BelgarionNL

Thanks for your PM mate.

As you maybe aware, some of the stuff in the report has nothing to do with the revive script eg the lines about CBA and XEH.

The lines regarding the parameters and the revive_init is related to the revive though.

Is there any chance that you are using the scripts in a single player mission or testing the mission in the single player editor? If you are that would explain the errors related to the parameters as the way they are defined they can only be used on a multiplayer server.

To fix the problem open the init.sqf in the test mission and either comment out or delete the line:

skiptime (paramsArray select 0);

and in the revive_init.sqf change the line that reads

_max_respawns = (paramsArray select 1);

to

_max_respawns = 10;

or however many lives you want to give each revivable unit.

Good luck,

norrin

ow shit you are right! yea i am currently making this for a dedi box but i forget that i opened it in the single player editor.....

It might be me but I only get a respawn when I die , I do not get the option to wait for a medic to heal ?

Am i missing something ?

i have :-

// description.ext settings for revive

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

respawn = "BASE";

respawndelay = 4;

disabledAI = 0;

Cheers

Paul