Sign in to follow this  
Fred DM

Gore effects

i remember someone posted a screenshot with a dead soldier lying in a pool of blood. i can't seem to find it, it's probably in the Press Coverage thread somewhere.

i've only got the usual blood splatter on bullet impact and the resulting damage texture, but no blood pool on the ground.

is there an addition gore level that can be activated, or was that a custom add-on? :confused:

Don't have your answer but I believe: this is what you're talking about. That links to the post in the ArmA II Photography thread. These are the actual pics.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Don't have your answer but I believe: this is what you're talking about. That links to the post in the ArmA II Photography thread. These are the actual pics.

Pic 1

Pic 2

that's it, thanks! :)

i definitely don't have these gore effects. i have already set the 'Blood' setting in the option menu to 'High'.

The blood pools have been a feature since OFP. They don't appear too often, and when they do they take a little while to form.

The blood pools have been a feature since OFP. They don't appear too often, and when they do they take a little while to form.

What about the Large chunk out of the head? Never saw wounds like that.

I had that in ArmA1 as well. German version mind you :D

I wouldn't have imagined the German version having any gore, with the way things are going in that country.

I had that in ArmA1 as well. German version mind you :D

I guess the German version of ArmA 2 is toned down.... I think I set the gore to high. but like I said never did I see this type of wound.

I guess the German version of ArmA 2 is toned down.... I think I set the gore to high. but like I said never did I see this type of wound.
Then how did the person who posted the picture get it like that?

blood pools look pretty cool. but it gets really wierd when you drag a dead soldier...he leaves a tiny little blood trail....but then after some time the trail got bigger and bigger.

after some time....and some dragging around, it looks like a full size masacre and 40 litres of blood...maybe dead soldiers should stop bleeding after a while!?

I once dragged a wounded soldier to cover which left a pretty big blood-trail on the ground.

Indeed, i had the effect yesterday when playing the SP mission "Feuertaufe" / Trial by fire.

I lifted a dead soldier and there was a totally round blood pool pulsing on the ground, looked quite odd, then i dragged him away with no effect, when i looked back at him there suddently were long blood stains where i dragged him.

That hole in the head effect indeed was already in ArmA when Blood was set to high.

there is only the German version available right now. if it were toned down, where would the effects in the screenshots come from?

so, in conclusion, the gore effects in the screenshots above are standard ArmA 2 effects that sometimes happen, and sometimes don't, is this correct?

there is only the German version available right now. if it were toned down, where would the effects in the screenshots come from?

PWND :D ;)

Yes, I never heard anything about the German version being censored (and I really looked after such an information). It wasn't in ArmA too, German ArmA version hasthe same effects on the face too.

It might be from the Russian version, which BIS like to keep quiet since it's so cheap there.

It was said before that no versions are cut and like in ArmA1 the face wound effect is also in german ArmA2.

Only thing i noticed was that the Prostitutes are just called woman since the first patch.

The old game, evil damage textures are ok but god beware if theres a prostitute in the game :p

The old game, evil damage textures are ok but god beware if theres a prostitute in the game :p

Yeah. Someone should seriously make an Arma2 - Duke Nukem mod. Shake it, baby!