Sign in to follow this  
XGS Che Guevara

I'm Now 100% Onboard With ArmA 2

I just saw a horrible post from a forum mod on the official OFPDR forums. It goes something like this :

"CM are not trying to mimic OFP1, that point alone will say that OFP2 has to be different to what extent, CM have said they are taking a different direction and one that opens up a game that had a narrow target audience and make it more accessible.

This game was delayed many times and it is apparent that the title is on the home run, which means launch Autumn (Fall) 2009, like it or not the release date can not change what is coming.

I personally like the new look, the old one was dated & difficult to say the least. It's more serious than COD & it's clones, it's less of a nightmare than ARMA 1 & OFP 1."

The preceding post is one the worst things I've ever heard. And the sad thing is that I feel that the forum mod's post reflects the views of CM on OFPDR.

I won't throw OFPDR to the side just yet, but I'm EXTREMELY worried with how that game is turning out. ArmA 2, on the other hand, impresses me every time I see low-quality gameplay footage on YouTube. I can't wait for ArmA 2 on the XB360!

what else is new? i can't imagine that anybody actually thought OpF2 was gonna be anything like ArmA2. :confused:

however, that doesn't mean it's gonna be a bad game. it's just that OpF2 will be less 'simulation' and more 'game' while ArmA2 is more 'simulation' and less 'game'. :)

better late then never.. :p

edit: I forgot to say, welcome. So, Welcome.

Well It was shaping up well apart from when they changed their 'tactics'

Perhaps they bought a copy of Arma2 online and realised they cant compete :)

Why is everybody extrapolating so much from that comment?

I understand there are more BIS fanboys than CM fanboys on these forums, but I really cannot conclude that OF: DR will be bad, just from that statement.

Edited by Maizel

CM Shot the OFP franchise in the head. It's nothing serious, but it's badly bleeding.

... I can't wait for ArmA 2 on the XB360!

Unfortunately, ArmA2 has not been officially confirmed for the 360. So, your wait may be longer than you anticipate.

Why is everybody extrapolating so much from that comment?

I understand there are more BIS fanboys than CM fanboys on these forums, but I really cannot conclude that OF:DR will be bad, just from that statement.

They refered to OFP as a "nightmare". Nuff said.

@Odjob,

Probably! BIS has the soul. And when the referred to OFP 1 as a nightmare. I have no words for them. None.

They refered to OFP as a "nightmare". Nuff said.

So you base your entire opinion of a game, that's not even released yet on one odd comment?

Unfortunately, ArmA2 has not been officially confirmed for the 360. So, your wait may be longer than you anticipate.

Debug Kit video footage never lies :

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=452&pk=12176

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=452&pk=12150

http://www.gamestar.de/index.cfm?pid=493&pk=12175

Edited by XGS Che Guevara

So you base your entire opinion of a game, that's not even released yet on one odd comment?

A very telling comment about the direction they've chose to take it. Look, I'm interested in a hardcore sim. HARDCORE. This guy just wrote off OFP and ARMA as being too hardcore, and says they were moving in a direction to nubify it up a notch closer to *gasp* CoD (although more "serious", whatever the hell that means). If this is the case, than Arma 2 will be king when it comes to military SIMULATIONS.

Not on one comment, i would say it is based on CM principals and ethic. They are seen as a very bad reference since OFP from the true OFP Fan community!

I'm getting the feeling that OFP2 is stacking up to be like the new Star Trek movie. i.e. a re-imagining that has little to do with the previous :)

CM Shot the OFP franchise in the head. It's nothing serious, but it's badly bleeding.

This forum board isn't always the funniest place in the world, thanks for that! :D

Ha!

Edited by Daniel
Still chuckling

"CM have said they are taking a different direction and one that opens up a game that had a narrow target audience and make it more accessible."

^^ that reeks of a dumbing down line.. "making it more accessible" just means that lol

I think the Dev saying 'red barrels, everyone knows what red barrels are right?' in the last video told anyone who was listening where this game was going. (arcade shooter run and gun game)

To be honest they have chosen a harder path, good luck competing with the COD/BF series.

Another OFP2 vs ARMA2 thread, great, it's not like we can have enough of those!

I'm getting the feeling that OFP2 is stacking up to be like the new Star Trek movie. i.e. a re-imagining that has little to do with the previous :)

I thought the new star trek movie rocked, so dont compare it to this COMPLETELY UNRELATED situation.

It might have rocked, but it was a re-imagining that had little to do with the original. Can't argue with alternate realities!

Anyway, i'm enjoying the OFP2 vs ArmA2 banter. After all, what have we got to lose? We get to choose either or both at the end of the day.

It just seems to me that since Codie's Lead AI guy left, along with the recent OFP2 videos, the community is gravitating back to the BIS camp.

@XGS Che Guevara: Link to thread? I'm sure its going to stir up some minds over there, as there are plenty of hard core fans there as well. I always expected Arma2 to be more 'my kind of game', but this was kinda unexpected and dissappointing...

I think the Dev saying 'red barrels, everyone knows what red barrels are right?' in the last video told anyone who was listening where this game was going. (arcade shooter run and gun game)

To be honest they have chosen a harder path, good luck competing with the COD/BF series.

Yes they have. Better to have a fat slice of a small pie than a thin slice of a large pie IMO.

I thought the new star trek movie rocked, so dont compare it to this COMPLETELY UNRELATED situation.

Then you're the target market. Don't get angry at me :D

Besides, your comment didn't make much sense.