Surely a decent guncam for the new apache can't be too much too ask?

BIS seemed to like working on the model a lot but it has the exact same guncam as the cobra, not sure how difficult this could be, but my guesswork is telling me it can't be extremely difficult to those who know how to do it.

Just thought I would throw that suggestion out there to show this sort of thing is wanted.

Just wondering if somebody could do some more appropriate weapons handling animations for untrained troops.

As it is everybody handles guns the same way, like a trained soldier, and that's great for the trained soldiers, but I think that it makes very low end irregular forces artificially dangerous, not to mention it would add the atmosphere.

It's hard to find pictures of the exact style, or lack thereof, of weapons use I'm trying to describe, but I'm sure anybody who regularly sees news reports from third world combat zones, or at the very least has seen Blackhawk Down or Generation Kill, will be able to get the gist of what I'm talking about. Basically a guy not holding the stock against the shoulder, barely and certainly not properly using the sights, using full auto like it's cool. Kind of like the bizarre gangsta style of using a pistol for optimal noise and minimal accuracy, but for AKs.

What I think would work is having troops listed as raw or untrained, and giving them a quite heavy accuracy penalty tied to the different animations. Potentially perhaps have the animations associated with a weapon - an AK with a modified config so that it is sloppily wielded with the accuracy penalty to match. Naturally such a mod would not have to be so over the top or debilitating as to render the enemy utterly useless, but just some minor changes, loosening up of the firing stance and so forth, ought to be enough.

Or maybe I'm talking crazy. :P

there is a skill scale in unit options which allows you to turn down the enemy's accuracy and awareness.

what you want is to have animations reflect this.

It looks like this guys is only doing the desert camo. Anyone know if the woodland cadpat is being done? Chernarus doesn't have a lot of deserts.

ONS planned at least initially to just do CADPAT desert as thats where Canadian forces are currently engaged. I did a TW pattern for them but its not that great and I doubt its high on their list to get it in game.

Wondering if anyone is interested in adding more types of shotgun ( and more civilian grade weapons in general) .

Important for civilians, police and low level guerilla troops. The Benelli, Saiga and Spas-12 (ACE2) are great but perhaps a little over the top for your average Chernarussian farmer to put down a horse with a broken leg.

How about:

+ Simple pump action - maybe a mossberg, or ithaca (pitsol grip perhaps). No animations I guess.

+ Simple semi-auto shotgun. Any model, any make with a wooden stock will do.

+ Double barrel shotgun - both side-by-side and over-and-under models (top rail goodness). How about a "Baikal" over-and-under?

+ Single barrel shotgun - just a simple must have tool for farmers.

+ Middle or small calibre bolt-action rifle WITHOUT a scope. Maybe you have a wolf pestering your sheep.

+ P.S. The SKS that is part of ACE2 is great - we need more of these "everyday" weapons.

My two cents : Thousands of profiteers show up in any conflict zone and they're all trying to turn a profit. Not all of these international arms dealers sell Stingers and high tech gear.

Thanks for reading.

ONS planned at least initially to just do CADPAT desert as thats where Canadian forces are currently engaged. I did a TW pattern for them but its not that great and I doubt its high on their list to get it in game.

Thanks for the info.

Could someone make a new USMC unit that's wearing the IBA instead of the MTV? Either woodland or tan would be good. IIRC BIS has a texture in there with it, I just don't know how to set up a new unit with all the bump maps and rvmats or whatever you need to do

EDIT:

And now with the release of Fromz's PLA, a China/Asia themed map

Edited by DerRelienT

Addons that I want that are actually possible to make

1: Civilian UAZ. (I lived in Russia and yes they do have them)

2: All desert troops but NOT replacment

3: More animals

----

Mods that are Hard/impossible

1: USA map mod. Like a city or two in US, so we can make something like Russians attacking USA

2: Female soldiers. (why not?)

3: knifes, bats, swords, etc.

4: ALLIEN

5: Nano suit from crysis

Hi! mery cristmas for everyone :D for me, i start my new project today, small addons but probably some guys use it for make mision, security pack: army fence, concrete block, sécurity building, security camera and other stuff like thats.. dont have much time to work so, thats why i decide to do small object like this, take less time to do so..i will open a new threads soon! and show my work in progress:D

LAV-M

M100 trailer for the HMMWV

M998 Variants

HEMTT

Stryker Mortar Carrier

Stryker Engineer carrier

M1078

MTVR-Desert, Uparmoured

UH-1N

RG-31

Buffalo

Cougar

Comat Engineering Vehicles

M109

HIMARS

Cargo M998 HMMWV

M56 HMMWV Coyote Smoke Generator Carrier

M1069 Tractor for M119 105-mm Gun

A Realistic towing system for trailers, damaged vehicles

A Cargo system like RKSL's A1 system

Edited by JDMT

I know nearly everyone is sick of WWII mods but they are a necessity.

I know there are a couple in the making and am looking forward to these. What I'm wondering is if anyone is working on / porting or released some WWII planes? Like the P-55 Mustang or a spitfire or Curtis kitty-hawk.

I remember OpF had a nice selection so was wondering if any ports in the works?

Island based on afghanistan would probably be nice, even better if it would be quite big and had some nice big mountains.

Island based on afghanistan would probably be nice, even better if it would be quite big and had some nice big mountains.

That's coming in Operation Arrowhead. Until then, get CAA1, and try out the maps released for ArmA I, they look good in ArmA II.

I would really like some heavy transport planes! The hercules is too small!

Antonov An 124 is what i want, for the americans maybe c-17 or c-5? Please!

i dont know if this has been done or is possible but can someone tell me how to make the main cannon on tanks not moved by the mouse but by the arrow keys or WSAD. Red Orchestra did it well and i think it gives the tanks a more authentic feeling. Using the mouse to point and click just seems really unrealistic and looks stupid from the outside as well...

It's been a question since the OFP days.

Is the inventory system for ARMA2 hardwired, so only weapons like AT/AA weapons can be carried in the second slot? Not asking for a magic bag or an overly complicated mod / ruck sack. Just a way to carry 2 rifles and to share the ammo space for both.

Playing EW got me thinking about S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and how it would be nice to keep a spare weapon around when ammo gets tight...and no I don't want to dual wield them ;)

Soldier of Anarchy.

In ACE mod you are able to carry a second rifle and extra ammo on backpack.

The Ruck go on AT slot.