Request experienced map makers to make east Asia Islands!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an Chinese and as for my knowledge to the strategy of the U.S.A and its Asian allies, I personally think there might be a flashpoint in near future. As everybody knows, Taiwan is part of China territory since accient time. But since 1949, it was controlled by pro-American parties. And they intend to make Taiwan an independent country. And I'm sure if only Taiwan government formally declare independency, the War will definitely break out.

And there is no doubt that PLA could occupy the Island in a short time. But if USA and its allies intervene, the result would be unpredict. I think even the U.N. donn't know how to do. Both sides would suffer a great loss, review history, USA Army haven't ever won PLA wherever in 1940's china mainland,1950's Korean peninsula or in 1960's Vietnam........So except the middle Asia(Afghanistan or Iran), the next big flashpoint will be Taiwan.

So I strongly request experienced map maker to make a Taiwan-like island which is not a very complicated island I think, you may check it in Google-Earth.

I'm not from South East Asia but i think that would be a great idea, because ArmA 2 is severely lacking in that area of the world, and it would look more appropriate for the PLA to be there than in a place like Chenarus.

Come to think about it, Chenarus is a very boring place, although the Civil War idea is good, i can't imagine Marines would be sent to Eastern Europe when Russia is right next to it, and it also stupid that Russia and United States would go to war, it would be an incredibly unfair fight, with United States probably winning, although in the Cold War it would be much closer.

As an intersting fact, Russia got rid of 80% of its nukes in the 90's, and it's still got the second most in the world:eek:

I'm not from South East Asia but i think that would be a great idea, because ArmA 2 is severely lacking in that area of the world, and it would look more appropriate for the PLA to be there than in a place like Chenarus.

Come to think about it, Chenarus is a very boring place, although the Civil War idea is good, i can't imagine Marines would be sent to Eastern Europe when Russia is right next to it, and it also stupid that Russia and United States would go to war, it would be an incredibly unfair fight, with United States probably winning, although in the Cold War it would be much closer.

As an intersting fact, Russia got rid of 80% of its nukes in the 90's, and it's still got the second most in the world:eek:

--------------Yeah, you said it. I think as China's economy continue growing fastly( Currently 2nd GDP in the world), USA has regarded china as its first competitor in economy and military. But USA governors are smart enough to use other Asian countries, such as South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Philippine, Indonesia, Malaysia,Vietnam, Pakistan, India, to surround china. In Japan's Okinawa, there is still a big US Airsport, which hold all kinds of Helicopters and even F22. Okinawa is not very far from Taiwan, in case war break out, F22 could reach Taiwan within 2 hours. Of course, I think USA wouldn't engage china immediately, he will call on these ally countries to engage china ahead.

--------------Yeah, you said it. I think as China's economy continue growing fastly( Currently 2nd GDP in the world), USA has regarded china as its first competitor in economy and military. But USA governors are smart enough to use other Asian countries, such as South Korea, Japan, Taiwan, Philippine, Indonesia, Malaysia,Vietnam, Pakistan, India, to surround china. In Japan's Okinawa, there is still a big US Airsport, which hold all kinds of Helicopters and even F22. Okinawa is not very far from Taiwan, in case war break out, F22 could reach Taiwan within 2 hours. Of course, I think USA wouldn't engage china immediately, he will call on these ally countries to engage china ahead.

Even though USA and China are competitors i don't think there would ever be a war, a least for now, because China and USA have very strong trade ties, Same with Australia, which makes them more likely to be allies:239: than enemies:argue:

I would require:

B2-Spirit

TALON-ROBOT

US-AWACS

:yay:

+1

:yay:

And the talon robot must have a remote control configuration setup for it . . . this sounds like a job for the ACE2 team ;)

Militantsausage and Lao Fei Mao keep such discussions out of this thread. There is a reason its called addon requests. You got anything else than an addon request in here you take it somewhere else.

Could somebody make the Cessna 172 Skyhawk?

Give me a few days to weeks and i'll release our old one Farles made for ArmA1. I just need to port it to A2 and add the damage setup.

Give me a few days to weeks and i'll release our old one Farles made for ArmA1. I just need to port it to A2 and add the damage setup.

awesome! :yay:

yay! more stuff to crash!

I request the CH-34..

http://www.redstone.army.mil/history/aviation/factsheets/ch34.html

If you need a model I can try to provide one

edit:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3560

was included in this... they might be working on a new one, duno.

edit2:

hell ill just port it over for myself.. maybe the config still works

Edited by Fox '09

ROK Army

Korean People's Army

Nuff said

I was thinking about this yesterday. I think with proper permission and credits someone might be able to rextex the PLA units for the ROK Army and edit the meshes a little for the KPA.

MC-130 video

I first saw that during an episode of the Unit. Thought it was total BS.

Seems incredibly hard or nearly impossible to do in ArmA.

I was thinking about this yesterday. I think with proper permission and credits someone might be able to rextex the PLA units for the ROK Army and edit the meshes a little for the KPA.

I would love this sooo much, if anyone sees this and wants to try it I would be glad to help out in any way, shape, or form.

Seems incredibly hard or nearly impossible to do in ArmA.

Seems pretty simple to me, basically a plane with an AttachTo command except with some bells and whistels/visuals attached to it :)

Seems pretty simple to me, basically a plane with an AttachTo command except with some bells and whistels/visuals attached to it :)

Maybe a fastrope could be used somehow..

suggestion:

-would be nice if we could fire single Hydra rockets.

a good cargo ship.. perhaps with a bow door..

you know.. 3 unmarked containers arrive...

Maybe somebody can port the existing cargo ship from ArmA 1 over to ArmA 2?

Maybe somebody can port the existing cargo ship from ArmA 1 over to ArmA 2?

I tried, it looks like crap (No offense to the creator, who's name i'm drawing a blank on, its just the fact it wasn't made for A2.) and has too many issues.

suggestion:

-would be nice if we could fire single Hydra rockets.

Thats really quite simple. Its just down to a new ammo and weapon config. Its a feature of the RKSL Eurofighter/UK Weapons pack thats due out at the end of june.