CommanderYuri - i will add them to pack (soon hope to update Russian rifles pack)

to clarify:

AK74M + PK-A (it looks for me like that on this picture above) is already released, only handgrip is custom add of this soldier

drum magazine for AKM (those are not AK74) will be added , so you will have those weapons too

Great:) Sorry for mixing up weapon types. I have problems with the AK series since they look damn similar.

Is there a mod which moves microphone icon and voice channel name somewhere else?

It's very annoying when mic icon is drawn on in the middle of the screen, and channel name overwrites action menu.

I would like to see this information for example near to lower edge of the screen

Edited by MaXyM

Hey guys, sorry if this has been posted before, but is anyone working on a Tornado GR4? Speaking as a member of a British clan, I think this would be a nice addition to Arma 2.

IIP-Tornado-GR4-Fairford-600dpi.jpg

RKSL are supposed to be working on a Tornado... theres some impressive WIP shots on their website... not sure what progress there's been recently. I've been eagerly awaiting further news on them myself...

Meantime I asked Eble if he'd consider adding one of the pretty good OFP Tornados to his Southy's Conversions list, but he's busy with other stuff just now, so at the moment it seems to be a wait and see case...

B

Edited by Bushlurker

I know wld of PRACS wanted to convert one of the OFP birds but the author is MIA and he has a "No permission, no conversion" policy. If you find a good bird from OFP that you would like to see in PRACS, and the author is still around the community, post it up in the PRACS thread or send me a PM and i'll put it up on our forums.

Thanks for the reply Darkhorse! I might do a little emailing around then - see if I can acquire some definite permissions... There's a couple of OFP planes that are adequate quality and would fill a gap or two 'till someone is inspired to make proper A2 quality models...

B

RKSL are supposed to be working on a Tornado... theres some impressive WIP shots on their website... not sure what progress there's been recently. I've been eagerly awaiting further news on them myself...

The GR1/GR4 Tonkas are almost done. Im just unrwapping the last of them. There is still some modelling work to be done on the main gear and ejector seats but the models are now on a par with Bis' ArmA2 standards. After that its only texture and script work to be done.

Hi Rock! Thanks for that update on the Tornados!

I know you guys have multiple items in the pipeline so it's great news to hear the Tornado is among them! Looking forward to it!

B

How about a aimpoint with a fold down or disconnecting magnifier. Probably pretty complicated but it would be very usefull.

AP3xMagGG1014inst.jpg

Edited by chewie411

RE the Falklands scenario in the recently closed thread:

A full-sized Falkland Islands mod would be a pretty good addon to have, no vegetation (other than clutter) and a sparse populated area would make the island really lean as far as resource-hogging goes. Also, the Islands are (very roughly) in 2 roughly equal parts.

not even possible to animate weapons afaik

You could to what the AAW team did with their Styer hand grip, have 2 models one with it up and one with it down then have an option in the action menu (or an assigned key) that swaps the model. if that makes sense.

RE the Falklands scenario in the recently closed thread:

A full-sized Falkland Islands mod would be a pretty good addon to have, no vegetation (other than clutter) and a sparse populated area would make the island really lean as far as resource-hogging goes. Also, the Islands are (very roughly) in 2 roughly equal parts.

I just had a quick look at the Falklands islands on Google Earth ( :D ) with a view to making terrain. They're much bigger than I thought! And the sat imagery is pretty patchwork and low res. So, sat maps would have to be made the BIS way I think (which is OK, look at podagorsk, etc, quite nice!), and I think the islands would have to be either scaled down, or split into chunks. My suggestion would be to go for a couple of 40x40km islands on a rough 3:1 ratio

I just had a quick look at the Falklands islands on Google Earth ( :D ) with a view to making terrain. They're much bigger than I thought! And the sat imagery is pretty patchwork and low res. So, sat maps would have to be made the BIS way I think (which is OK, look at podagorsk, etc, quite nice!), and I think the islands would have to be either scaled down, or split into chunks. My suggestion would be to go for a couple of 40x40km islands on a rough 3:1 ratio

IMO one of the things ArmA2 maps lack is real-life scale, most maps are, by necessity, compressed somewhat. This sometimes leads to artificially compressed missions, where it's particularly difficult to ingress to anywhere without always being spotted.

Plus, with a full-scale map, AT LAST there's real reasons for the ACE2 rucksack feature :)

flakland.jpg

Edited by DMarkwick

Im glad my thread started a discussion on this! (my apologies for posting in the wrong place to start with) I was reading about the latest Argentinian sabre rattling in the news today & the idea came to me that a modern version of the '82 conflict (fictional of course, I dont want to trigger any angry debates about overblown media reporting etc) using Arma 2 would be pretty cool, ive no mission making skills myself but if somebody else made it I reckon it would be an enjoyable campaign, and would let us play with some British gear as well as Argentinian if you were able to play it from both sides :) I know a version of the Falklands was made for the original flashpoint so im guessing someone in the community maybe has the maps already?

The maps won't port that easily afaik, it was a whole different method of working in OFP. It is possible, but i'd say the best solution is going to be to start from scratch. If you can find appopriate satmaps and DEMs then you're off to a start! (finding appropriate satmaps and DEMs however....is the difficult part)

Full scale maps would be great, but also impractical to make/play with, IMO.

Hmm Chris, you're right, just looked at the Islands myself and there are alot bigger than I imagined... I think the Falklands would make quite a nice addition to Arma2.

Im glad my thread started a discussion on this! (my apologies for posting in the wrong place to start with) I was reading about the latest Argentinian sabre rattling in the news today & the idea came to me that a modern version of the '82 conflict (fictional of course, I dont want to trigger any angry debates about overblown media reporting etc) using Arma 2 would be pretty cool, ive no mission making skills myself but if somebody else made it I reckon it would be an enjoyable campaign, and would let us play with some British gear as well as Argentinian if you were able to play it from both sides :) I know a version of the Falklands was made for the original flashpoint so im guessing someone in the community maybe has the maps already?

I remember the OFP Falklands map as being too compressed. The main thing about the Falklands, which I guess most people don't appreciate, is the scale. And, thanks to it's relative sparse object density, it really could be done in real scale, or at least near to real scale. I can't really imagine a better map more suited for real life scale given it's low object density, I think it would be a good opportunity to make at least one large scale map.

The FLK Mod islands weren't much bigger than 10km x 10km though were they? Can't recall exactly. Chernarus is about 10x10 isn't it? I think a 40x40km map per "half", even with the features compressed, would be just fine. Not meaning to insult your intelligence either but you also have to remember a 40x40 map isn't just 4 times bigger than 10x10, - you could fit 16 10x10 maps into a 40x40km map! Thats alot of landmass, a helluva lot of landmass.

Hmm Chris, you're right, just looked at the Islands myself and there are alot bigger than I imagined... I think the Falklands would make quite a nice addition to Arma2.

Definately agreed. I'd be willing to do alot of the legwork on the basic terrain if I could get DEMs or something similar for it. However, Global Mapper has failed me. What we need is a Geography Student at a university; they're probably not aware of it, but they can get "free" access to alot of these paid websites through the institution!