Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

Bullet Stray

Hi all

I presume people know not to hack their ArmA that is what triggers copy protection and anti cheat. Do not install anything that alters ArmA.

MOD folders are the correct method to add functions to ArmA that are not from BIS.

People should be cautious of downloading from dodgy sites things that install patches on to ArmA, that is how you get viruses or other nasties and screw up your copy of ArmA.

Kind Regards walker

This FADE thing worries me. I payed 60+ USD for the game after currency conversion and now every time I miss a shot I'm going to think this FADE junk is kicking in. Who knows maybe its bugged and kicks in even if you have an original copy with no mods.

I have the english files installed so I'm worried that might trigger it. I guess I'll have to do a bunch of test shooting to make sure I know how the weapons perform in different situations and to make sure FADE isn't kicking in.

This FADE thing worries me. I payed 60+ USD for the game after currency conversion and now every time I miss a shot I'm going to think this FADE junk is kicking in. Who knows maybe its bugged and kicks in even if you have an original copy with no mods.

I have the english files installed so I'm worried that might trigger it. I guess I'll have to do a bunch of test shooting to make sure I know how the weapons perform in different situations and to make sure FADE isn't kicking in.

Use your language patch with a mod folder instead of replacing PBOs and you will be sure your language mod won't trigger fade.

Actually I just did a test with a bunch of non-combatants. When using the Scope & zoomed in (hold RMB) my accuracy is off? I think.... But when just using the scope I can get headshot after headshot. This is weird, does being Focused/Zoomed when using the Scope implement windage and distance? I used the zoomed scope view again and if I aim down a little I can be accurate... anyone?

Use your language patch with a mod folder instead of replacing PBOs and you will be sure your language mod won't trigger fade.

what if fade is already enabled ? reinstalling the game would fix the problem ?

Hi all

Never replace any official BIS ArmA content this triggers anti cheat and copy protection; use MOD folders instead.

Kind regards walker

what if fade is already enabled ? reinstalling the game would fix the problem ?

AFAIK you won't get FADEd.... well, I think...

I don't think the video indicated any super AK snipers at all. They simply sent a huge bunch of bullets towards you.

Hi. My friends and I bought the game in german and put the english patch. It works like a charm.

But in order to be sure, we tried with the -mod=en and aim didn't changed but some servers won't accept you.

I advice you to :

-install the game properly.

-patch the game.

-rename, in the folder named AddOns, language.pbo and languagemissions.pbo to _languagemissions.pbo0 and _languagemissions.pbo0.

-copy the translated language.pbo and languagemissions.pbo in your folder.

-rename, in the folder named Dta, languagecore.pbo to _languagecore.pbo0

-copy the translated languagecore.pbo in your folder.

-Backup the original files in a folder, far far from ArmA.

-Go to the basic training and shoot the targets in order to verify if your aim is correct. If FADE is enabled, you won't touch any target.

Edited by Kr3v

I think that the idea of AK-47 inaccuracy stems from its caliber (7.62x39.) I've never fired one, but I've talked to a few military people that have and they all say that its kick is a lot more noticeable than the M16's (which is to be expected.) If you're used to firing 5.56x45 from an M16, then I suppose the AK would be a bit more difficult to control.

I'd imagine that you could say the same think about a PK vs. an M249.

Just speculation on my part, though.

I own an AK and let me tell you its not because of the kick. If you watch a slow motion video of an AK firing, you will see that it has a very violent tendacy to basically bend while being fired (the barel will somewhat buckle up). That is why its not all that accuarate from 100 feet out.

But don't think that standing withing 100 feet of someone that can shoot, not hitting you... LOL.

It all has to do with the nice little bolt inside the thing that basically gets slammed around like crazy when being fired.

Oh also, German Version of game with English PBO files. No problems. If fade exist changing PBO files would not activate it.. Since we change them all the time with addons. ;)

Edited by malkuth

I tested without any mods, still the same effect. I'm playing on veteran though, what about you fabrizioT?

I am playing on veteran too.

Actually I just did a test with a bunch of non-combatants. When using the Scope & zoomed in (hold RMB) my accuracy is off? I think.... But when just using the scope I can get headshot after headshot. This is weird, does being Focused/Zoomed when using the Scope implement windage and distance? I used the zoomed scope view again and if I aim down a little I can be accurate... anyone?

I don't have ArmA II yet but ArmA had by default RMB also bound to Hold breath, and if you hold RMB too long it will affect your aim for the negative.

Try zooming in with + on your numpad and check if you're still inaccurate.

Hi Majormauser

I will just get rid of this first bit.

Have you got a legit copy of ArmA II?

Have you hacked ArmA to install a language pack? If so: alter your copy back to original status.

Using illegal copies and altering official ArmA content triggers copy protection and anti cheat.

Only use official BIS ArmA updates.

If your Modding ArmA use a MOD folder and shortcut that runs ArmA with the MOD.

All that said:

ArmA uses realistic balistics. This has several affects you will not be used to if you have only played other FPS most of which use laser guns faked up to be pretend to be firing bullets.

1) Balistics: As in real life bullets in ArmA II follow a parabola dropping at an acceleration of 1 m per second per second because of gravity.

2) Zeroing: Iron and telescopic sights in both real life and in ArmA II are zeroed at a particular range, this varies in ArmA II from weapon to weapon but as a guide 100m to 300m for most assault rifles 500m to 700m for most Sniper rifles. This means when a target is close in iron siights mode you aim below where you want to hit and when it is further than the sight zero you aim above the target.

3) Paralax: Bullets in ArmA come out of the end of the gun not from between your eyes as in most FPS. This means that in none ironsight mode paralax affects the HUD crosshair so bullets do not hit where your crosshair is pointing. Most serious long term ArmA and OFP players play with it off as they consider it a lame cheat. Those who play with it on adjust by learning how paralax affects the HUD crosshair. When you play online on serious servers the HUD cross hair is turned off; so I would suggest you practice and get used to playing ArmA without it.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

Hi all

Can we please stop having the myth of AK inacuracy perpetuated on the forum?

We still have people who do not know the difference between the AK47 and the AK74 and AK107 used by most OPFOR in ArmA II.

You would have thought people could at least use Google or even Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-47

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-74

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AK-107

Educate your self.

Comparing the AK47 of myth and legend with the AK74 or AK107 prevalent among OPFOR in ArmA II is like comparing chalk and cheese.

The bullet is different

The mechanics are different

The accuracy is vastly different

As a weapon the AK74 is straight up comparable with the M16/M4.

You are caught up in the mythology of the AK47.

You are thinking that:

1) The AK47 you see in civil wars and conflicts around the world and manufactured from bits of pipe and old tins or at best the worn out weapons sold from conflict to conflict, by the the likes of Viktor Bout, and exported from every pirate and dodgy factory around the world and used in every conflict since the Korean war, and loaded with bullets from every backyard factory and bazar workshop, and filled with everything from fireworks fuel and old match heads and even sand and charcoal.

....is the same as the:

2) The AK74 designed and developed and manufactured in the Izhmash factories in Russia.

...is the same as the:

3) The AK107 designed and developed and manufactured in the Izhmash factories in Russia.

They are not.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

I'm pretty certain most of us use modfolders like you're supposed to instead of replacing original PBO's, so I wouldn't be so sure of that.

For the language files I don't use folders.

Edit : After retrying again with the modfolder, it doesn't change anything, it seems to be a placebo. While replacing the language files in the default folder, the game works normally. There is a little spread, but it's normal, I think.

Edited by Kr3v

I don't have ArmA II yet but ArmA had by default RMB also bound to Hold breath, and if you hold RMB too long it will affect your aim for the negative.

Try zooming in with + on your numpad and check if you're still inaccurate.

Yes with the num-pad.... I am still inaccurate I think its elevation is the problem. My windage is ok.

Have you been randomly transformed to a bird during missions too?

Strange indeed.

No, i played through half of the campaign and every SP mission, and i have not been transformed to a bird a single time!

Only time ive been transformed into a bird is when i died in one of the MP missions!

I still don't have the game yet so I can't test this, but does AI suppression fire work against the player? Would this cause the player's aim to deteriorate?

Ebud is far from a troll. He has contributed a lot to the community.

I think his post was tongue-in-cheek.

And he does have a point. If this guy doesn't want to suffer negative effects from being shot, he should be looking towards CoD rather than Arma.

First of all don't be a bloody smartass and tell me what game to play!

I am fine with my gun shaking sideways, and head bobbing, etc when shot (like in ace) But having the gun shoot 30 degrees from where i point is a little too much!

I still don't have the game yet so I can't test this, but does AI suppression fire work against the player? Would this cause the player's aim to deteriorate?

Yes you hear it hitting all around you like crack crack crack. your aim starts to wobble quite a bit more after this experience.

Yes with the num-pad.... I am still inaccurate I think its elevation is the problem. My windage is ok.

if you are OFP/ARMA first timer and you are shooting at distance target, then you might have to start learning how to live with Balistics and trajectory because the shots fired from the gun/cannon/luncher in game are all projectiles

You ARE speaking of firing after being *shot* right? ...Need I really ask more? Be glad you're not writhing in pain insensibly, unable to even hold your weapon.

If not, just normal shooting, I'd say the install is FADE-ing.

'And don't tell us that you want our game changed into arcade crap!' lol. Your opinion differs from the norm around here, if you didn't notice, and you'll undoubtedly recieve many of those type messages.