Sign in to follow this  
icebreakr

Island Panthera (ArmA 2)

Thanks for sharing. Well the log looks pretty good.

What if you disable clutter (too)?

Yeah kju, clutter seems to be the problem, although I use the custom one. Without clutter map works with no problem.

I'll open up Utes and see if I can fix it. BIS left majority of the buildings from A1 in their buildings.pbo, the thing that worries me now are the roads and how to convert them in new roads2.pbo, they don't work with Visitor when you try to import them. And they changed for example empty6 piece to road_invisible and stuff like that. I surely won't spend another 2-3 weeks to make all the kilometers of roads again with their crappy "insert,insert,insert,apply" techique :)

So my todo is:

- redo the clutter stuff

- find a way to convert roads to new roads2

- replace objects from buildings.pbo that are not included in A2

Optional:

- improve the satimage

- add new fancy stuff A2 objects

This is looking good as always IceBreakr. Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the release.

Release v2.0 coming soon. I'll also adapt my Crooks v1.0 gamemode for it ;)

You won't need CAA1 or any other addons to run it.

Edited by IceBreakr

Here's couple of screenshots from Panthera v2.0 (project for A2 only):

panthera2a.jpg

panthera2b.jpg

panthera2c.jpg

panthera2d.jpg

panthera2e.jpg

Too bad island v2.0 is still in beta (no release for public yet) because BIS didn't bother to include objects like old castle objects (helfenburk), army huts (you remember them from Sahrani Airport), pond.3d for lakes, numerous rock objects etc.

Full list of what BIS didn't want to include can be found here

So current to-do is:

- recolorization of crappy autumn trees

- repacking of palm trees to be included along

- replacing all missing objects with new ones from A2 (boring and hard work since we still use crappy tool called V3)... nice slap in the face of the community.

Hopefully I'll release the map soon and I promise you won't need any additional 2 gigs of addons.

Edited by IceBreakr

Wow. Even in this early state it's looking beautiful. Thanks for the updates and eye candy. :yay:

Tnx Winch3st3r, I'll soon move to the A2 underground too if BIS doesn't upgrade these damn tools ;)

well, it's about time!

panthera is an amazing map to have fun on, and it will look like HOLY CRAP in A2!

Too bad island v2.0 is still in beta (no release for public yet) because BIS didn't bother to include objects like old castle objects (helfenburk), army huts (you remember them from Sahrani Airport), pond.3d for lakes, numerous rock objects etc.

Full list of what BIS didn't want to include can be found here

You realise you could include those missing objects in your addon?

ArmA 1 content wouldn't fit on the ArmA 2 DVD. Dunno why you seem to get all upset because they didn't include a bunch of content that they aren't using for you, especially since you could easily include it yourself.

Also, ArmA 2 does have a water object for lakes, you can see it used on Chernarus.

Anyway, the island is looking good.

As for being stuck with Visitor 3 when Visitor 4 is out, well yea that sucks. Maybe we'll get it some day...

Edited by Maddmatt

God damn this island is beautiful, I can't wait for a release.

Fyi I've started making a mission with the 1.1 version and have notice a few things:

The auto landing takes you off the map and lands in the water.

The game starts with No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange.simulation'. <--- I also get this with the Baucau Airfield, East Timor island ArmA port ( I reinstalled ArmA ,updated it, copied over the .pbo's and it still does it ).

WWII Ships addon I can't get the ai to move a ship on it's own. The ships work fine on the utes map with panthera loaded ( not sure which addon has the conflict).

I also get the Device Freed error sometimes just like you.

shanawa: Yeah I know, therefor I'm releasing a v2.0. Version 1.1 doesn't work well - clutter is bugger for A2, many objects cause errors. Do you use CAA1?

Don't worry, I'll fix it soon and improve it with new houses and such...

I have not. I was just using the standard editor. Still pretty new at it all. I was looking for an area for a D-day type of beach landing and couldn't find the right area in Utes or Chenarus . I found an area that may work with Panthera. Plus I like the fact that it's different than the norm and has valleys and cliffs. I'll give it a try once I finished downloading 2 gigs. I also want to try 3d editing. I tried RTE but couldn't get it to work in arma 2 yet. Not that high on my list since I can just preview stuff over and over :P.

Update report before actual release of v2.0:

- added new large desert town Skooma (in place where RL Town of Cerkno lies)

- featuring summer/green vegetation pack: palms and retextured A2 trees

- further improved villages with new cool objects (all houses are entrable)

Edited by IceBreakr

Plan of v2.0 release: end of this week

Two new WIP shots:

panthera2_wip99as.jpg panthera2_wip99bs.jpg

Panthera v2.0 for A2 - final MP beta test before release:

panthera_betatest1.jpg

panthera_betatest2.jpg

panthera_betatest3.jpg

panthera_betatest4.jpg

panthera_betatest5.jpg

A: Vanilla A2, Island Panthera v2.0

And one more for those who wait on desert map, Southern section of the map ;)

panthera_betatest6.jpg