Sign in to follow this  
avmyg

Evolution

fidai and Tankrider........ u have a private Message.

No codes here in this post....are the rules....and we respect it ;)

True rules are rules .

Hi Razor,

any plans to make a Revive version of Evolution?

(possible with less enemy armour but more infantry?)

:D

Yes....planned to implent revive.....

First step is make Evolution "Bug-free" ....if it's possible ;)

Yes....planned to implent revive.....

First step is make Evolution "Bug-free" ....if it's possible ;)

Have to say best EVO so far, the only crash free EVO i have played zincs i bought this game.

Only thing would be great if towns keep getting reinforcements till we blow the radio tower, like T90, bmps and trucks full of soldiers. Real hardcore i mean.

If u play online u could see its like a race out there and there never enough enemies for all.

I'm making a revive version right now.. Working kind of good.. A few probs with weapon loadouts still.. but it'll be sorted.

Just got to find out how to make the LKW stop respawning. I want to use another respawn script, to add some actions to the LKW... Now it respanws without it's original name, so it's a bit tricky to do that.

EDIT*****

Solved it... Now I have EVO 3.6 with revive and you can travel between the mobile HQ and the base, back and forth...

Have to try it out with my friend to see if it works fine.

Edited by Tophe

I was playing a version of Evoblue tonight called Evolution Marines, if I recall. I was surprised when, after a town was cleared, I tried to get a civilian vehicle to get to the next town, but there wasn't any around and it seems there are no civi vehicles to use in any towns. I asked about it and people said "just respawn and halo jump". But to me that really goes against what is great about Arma. I love getting a car and driving to the next town, bring a few merry warriors with me :). Even if it had a Flag pole in each town like domination, but respawning after ever town clear is not good imo.

I guess I could just avoid that version but it seems like an odd thing to leave out.

Of course it goes against what is great about Arma, the entire point of evolution (and similar) is to go against the entire point of Arma. If you insist of playing them realistically, you're up for a l-o-n-g (and boring) game...

It's also not exactly realistic to just go into a random civilian vehicle and drive it, heck you don't even have to play with the wires or anything to start it! It's just open with the keys inside... Though I guess a mission maker can just lock them up, but then why even bother placing them in the firstplace other than for the sake of looking cool?

my point was making the mission more enjoyable to play, not to start a rant on how you feel people should play Arma2 :rolleyes:

I don't see what's so unrealistic about evo, just cause its not pvp...The fact is no public sever is ever going to be uber realistic or it would be a "l-o-n-g (and boring) game..."

There is a big difference in realism terms between acquiring a vehicle for transport and killing your self to respawn and get to a destination immediately.

It's also not exactly realistic to just go into a random civilian vehicle and drive it, heck you don't even have to play with the wires or anything to start it! It's just open with the keys inside... Though I guess a mission maker can just lock them up, but then why even bother placing them in the firstplace other than for the sake of looking cool?

So choppers are unrealistic because you don't have to do a ten minute startup procedure, bicycles are unrealistic because I don't have to oil the chain, soldier combat is unrealistic because the guns don't jam and I don't have to clean the weapon all the time. Yes all things are unrealistic...but its a game, and it is possible to balance mission game play with realism.

Edited by -=seany=-

No, I mean it's not realistic that you can steal cars, hence there is no point in placing them. If respawning is the best way to move on, then it's the mission maker who is to blame for giving you extremely long travel times and for making a respawn-based mission, not blame the game.

Sorry most of the help in the Notes is not English but how do you recruit troops in the Unlock Version?

I loved the first Evo Marines missions in ArmA 2 without MHQs, HALO and stuff. You had to stick together with your team/buddys and got mass parachute jumps and awesome things like that. Also liked the civ traffic and there was always an old truck to jump on. Also there were only a few planes and helicopters. Now there are 40 and after some playtime everyone is flying around and bombing the shit out of it.... that sucks.

First versions were better :D

Agreed. The worst thing in ARMA is the MHQ. It's a sin against everything the game stands for. I don't care how realistic the game is, the moment you put an MHQ in there, nobody's scared of getting killed anymore. And THAT"S unrealistic. (BI should have just made it impossible to create such a stupid thing)

+ I think you should be limited to 5 lives (at the most!) on ANY gamemode. Hardcore. Why the hell not? - Nobody's playing this game anyway...

Agreed. The worst thing in ARMA is the MHQ. It's a sin against everything the game stands for. I don't care how realistic the game is, the moment you put an MHQ in there, nobody's scared of getting killed anymore. And THAT"S unrealistic. (BI should have just made it impossible to create such a stupid thing)

+ I think you should be limited to 5 lives (at the most!) on ANY gamemode. Hardcore. Why the hell not? - Nobody's playing this game anyway...

Why not? Because some people don't think like you...

Anyway, look at the EVO~Blue mission. We edited it to make it possible to turn off the MHQ beaming and also limit the amount of revive respawns.

That way people may play it hard core or a bit more fast paced, which ever suits you better.

There is no MHQ in ARMA.

There might be one in user made missions like Evolution.

Got the difference?

If not take a look at my signature.

There is no MHQ in ARMA.

There might be one in user made missions like Evolution

Splitting hairs. 90% of the people actually PLAYING the game online are using an MHQ. Some suck-ass Domination or something of the like. BIS COULD have prevented this, MHQ is not realistic in any way, completely ruins the game, and just makes ARMA into a wannabe "Hardcore" realistic "Simulator" that doesen't live up to it's promise.

I'm talking about what's actually GOING ON online on the popular servers. Not what I COULD do if I had my own server, or wanted to play alone in 1, or joined a clan. And the reality is that Arma2 online, because of MHQ's and "Respawning" limitless times is just another Run & Gun, yea, with bigger maps and all sorts of weapons.. big deal. Could have been much much more...

BIS cannot prevent the MHQ without also preventing some other things that might actually be realistic. At the end you can't force mission makers to make realistic missions, and the best you (and I) can do is avoid playing on servers running such missions while making our own missions and hoping someone runs them on his server.

BIS cannot prevent the MHQ without also preventing some other things that might actually be realistic..

? - BIS Could have done whatever they saw fit. I don't accept this seperation between BIS and what actually goes on online with their game. That's silly.

? - BIS Could have done whatever they saw fit. I don't accept this seperation between BIS and what actually goes on online with their game. That's silly.

Whether you accept it or not is irrelevant. BIS simply cannot directly control what scripts people write. The MHQ is not inherent to the game, it is created via scripting. In order to prevent mission makers from doing that, BIS would have to remove several key features and scripting commands from the game, thus severely limiting the mission design possibilities in Arma2. And all that just to please a couple of people who don't like a custom element from a custom mission? No thanks.

Edited by MadDogX

Custom element from a Custom mission?? - It's Everywhere! Everybody's gotten used to it so they don't even stop to think how much MHQ has ruined the game. I am talking about 90% of the Public Multiplayer Servers. All that's played on them is - Domination, Evolution, & Warfare. All of them using the silly MHQ. BIS should have just done away with any sort of respawn alltogether, it wouldn't have lost them any players (out of the 200-300 who are actually online playing it). It would be REALISTIC, & It wouldn't be catering to any special taste - It would just be - THE WAY THE GAME IS and that's it.

Custom element from a Custom mission?? - It's Everywhere! Everybody's gotten used to it so they don't even stop to think how much MHQ has ruined the game. I am talking about 90% of the Public Multiplayer Servers. All that's played on them is - Domination, Evolution, & Warfare. All of them using the silly MHQ. BIS should have just done away with any sort of respawn alltogether, it wouldn't have lost them any players (out of the 200-300 who are actually online playing it). It would be REALISTIC, & It wouldn't be catering to any special taste - It would just be - THE WAY THE GAME IS and that's it.

Abolishing respawn entirely is even more ridiculous than removing a bunch of scripting commands :rolleyes:. But whatever, that ain't ever gonna happen so the point is moot.

I think you need to ask yourself something: why do the three most popular game modes all contain an MHQ? Maybe people just don't care about it as much as you do.

Maybe people just don't care about it as much as you do.

People are sheep. They go with whatever's handed down to them. Iv'e been on public servers where games were changed in the middle to be more Hardcore and suddenly everyone was like - "Oh! This is sooooo much more challenging and fun!" - But if you give people an easy way out, they always will take it. It's just human nature. But all those people, as the clich'e goes, should go play COD and leave ArmA to patient more serious players, who aren't anxious to Shoot & Die-Respawn & Shoot & Die again. There's enough games like that. Arma's SUPPOSED to be different.

A better place to voice those complaints is in the server admins' e-mail boxes. Most of them probably don't and won't read this, so you're really wasting your time.

What I do is not play on servers that run missions I don't like, and make missions I do like and advertise them so anyone can put them on his server. Simple as that.

A better place to voice those complaints is in the server admins' e-mail boxes.

No. I think the problem should be delt with at the source. BIS. Why do they think that making a "Realistic" "Simulator" should include an option to Respawn?? (not to mention "Teleport") The server admins and mission makers aren't to blame, they just take the easy way out, since it's available, in order to "Please" everyone. Or so they see it.

Try to be Imaginative, have some vision.. Instead of respawning - NO respawn. It could be a TALKING POINT.. (I'm speaking to any BIS developer reading this) -

"Man, have you played that game where you die once and your'e out of the game?? It's soooo hardcore, you gotta try it!"

"Have you tried that game where people take it really slow & build things up through real teamwork?! Because if you don't you just die and your'e off the server.. That game is so amazing, EVERYONE playing there is SCARED to get killed! - IT'S JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!" - "Oh, and you don't even need to join a clan or something to feel that sort of realism.. It's just the way the game is set, even on public servers!"

We all know that a good game is not REALLY about the graphics or the engine or the sounds or all that other stuff... It's about that something special in the gameplay that makes it stand out - Something CHALLENGING that you need to work hard to get good at, Arma COULD be like that. Right now it's just another shooter, that HINTS at something great. :j:

Edited by MangoForLife

In way I agree with you, Mango. I'd like to see more "hardcoreness" too. But it is still up to the mission makers. I'm pretty sure if you started a poll, asking whether BIS should remove the respawn mechanic from the game, 99% of the people here would vote no. Arma2 isn't just about being hardcore, it's about pretty much endless possibilities. Removing functionality, especially something major like respawn, would severely limit the possibilities.

The respawn function could also be used in more realistic ways, for example instead if having people respawn directly at base, there could be "reinforcement waves" every couple of minutes. So when you die, you have to wait for the next reinforcement wave, where you (and all the others who were dead) spawn in the back of a helicopter outside the map and get flown in.

If you don't like the MHQ or respawn just edit the mission and take them out. I do it all the time for maps I like but "I" think need a few changes to make them more fun for me and my guys. (This is only done on a private server and original credits are kept for all to see)

Edited by PROTOTYPE 001