Sign in to follow this  
avmyg

Evolution

75% of all AI you call in to help you die it is a bumer

Since when do engineers fix vehicles though? I thought that was the job of mechanics ;)

Does anyone know what script has the spot that says how much Artillery strikes cost? I am trying to find that so I can change the cost of them.

Thanks.

Any way to turn eye candy like grass back on in EVO?

You can set how much arty costs in "csupport". Im not sure if that is the only place that you have to edit though.

As for grass and vdistance, go to "init" file and edit following lines:

setterraingrid 40;

setViewDistance 1600;

BIS_EVO_vdist=1600;

BIS_EVO_avdist=3000;

Welcome to the forums 504smudge,

[GNC] Lord-MDB has a forum over at this address, http://www.g-g-c.de/forum/showthread.php?t=10356 where he is posting any updated versions that he is building.

I was hosting a server with version 7 and it was causing a crash to desktop with the reinforce script causing division by zero errors, I have not tested version 8.

but yes, you can download the newer versions at the link above.

regards./

Any idea how I can add weapons to the boxes at the base? I can't seem to find the code that lists the contents of the boxes there.

Thanks.

You can set how much arty costs in "csupport". Im not sure if that is the only place that you have to edit though.

As for grass and vdistance, go to "init" file and edit following lines:

setterraingrid 40;

setViewDistance 1600;

BIS_EVO_vdist=1600;

BIS_EVO_avdist=3000;

I must be missing the reference in the script where it has the cost of artillery. I've looked though "csupport" many times

I guess its not there then. I dunno. It was there for evo in A1.

You can add weapons and ammo in EventsC file.

The evolution marines has fast travel. This discourages teamwork, and limits flying roles. I recommend you take this off. I, along with many others like to take the role of air transport. When this fast travel respawn BS is implemented, it makes people like me and other people wishing to fly air transport, basically useless.

Fast travel? Do you mean spawn to MHQ? Last night I was playing a bit and we were spawning to MHQ untill one dude that really likes to be flyboy got the rank to fly MH60. From there on he was flying us around. Everyone were boarding the heli and it was all good. We still used MHQ though becouse when heli was shot down it took some time for enginners to repair it, so we were spawning to MHQ while repairs took place. It was great teamwork. Tanks, CAS and everything.

If fast travel is removed, the game would grind to a halt. It just barely works with fast travel on most servers.

This isnt even counting the bug where you can no longer get in a transport helo.

Besides, air transport will ALWAYS be needed. If nothing else to pick everyones sorry arses up from the combat zone.

Personally Im not a fan of the fast travel/MHQ, never had problems without it. At least with heli transprt people land in groups and have the option of staying together, on games ive played with MHQ people seem to respawn in dribs and drabs and go in on their own.

The only thing I really like about it is that its nice to be able to quickly escape team killers at base :).

Come on people, stop bitching about missions you don't actually have to play. And some of you are complaining that some of the people in the internetz aren't playing as a team? Jeez, have you lived in a bottle for last 15-or-so-years? People in the internet are generally in the level of an average brick. If you want to play good missions with good people, make your own server, create your own clan/community/whatever and start making your own missions. But please, I can't see the possible positive outcome of directing so much hate against something you don't even have to suffer for.

Come on people, stop bitching about missions you don't actually have to play. And some of you are complaining that some of the people in the internetz aren't playing as a team? Jeez, have you lived in a bottle for last 15-or-so-years? People in the internet are generally in the level of an average brick. If you want to play good missions with good people, make your own server, create your own clan/community/whatever and start making your own missions. But please, I can't see the possible positive outcome of directing so much hate against something you don't even have to suffer for.

I'm sorry, I don't have 100$ a month lying around for a server.

^^^

And, what do you mean regarding the game would grind to a halt? It worked flawlessly in arma 1, I don't see how it would be a pain to take it out.

You must be one of those peoplewho demands instant gratification. I have news for you, you're playing the wrong game.

Well if there is going to be an EVO and Domination, I want one that is built exactly for ArmA 2. I understand quick ports, but it would be nice for ones that were build specifically for ArmA 2.

Hi all

I am compiling a list of MP mission type manuals

Can some one point me to the manuals for Evolution in ArmA II please.

Yes I know how to play it from ArmA I days but we have many new players joining and they need a hand.

You may have noticed the detrimental running around like they were a mental monkey who spent their life in a one metre cube mind cage, effect of former COD players shooting and blowing everything up in the spawn.

A lot of that is just they do not know what to do.

Kind Regards walker

Im not exacly sure what do you mean. You need a manual how to play evo?

Hi 11aTony

I do not need a manual.

BUT

Lots of new players do. We know this because they post threads in MP section saying they do not know what to do. Also they run around in circles shooting everything at the spawn because that is all they have ever done in COD and the like. Then they get banned or bored and stop playing.

If they are lucky some one takes them under their wing and leads them around telling them what to do, but in most cases that does not happen. Have you taken any new guys under your wing in Evolution 11aTony?

If so an alternative is for you to run classes on a server I will just post you up in the manuals thread then all the new guys can PM you if you want.

I will give you a few days to decide if you do not demure I will assume you want to run the classes and post you up as the contact and they can all start to PM you.

The easier thing is a simple manual though.

So what do you think 11aTony, are manuals a good idea?

Kind Regards walker

I understood that you need a manual for other dudes, I just wasnt sure if you needed a manual how to play evo or you needed somekind of change log.

I can send you a manual for instance and then you can do whatever you want with it.

PM me for an email or smt. so I send it to you...

Someone help me plz, while play evolution ( any version red, marines any) i keep sent to prison for no reason , sometimes its even droped me to prsion when i was siting on ground do nothing eating my pizza :). Help plz

Is this happening just on particular server or everywere? Usually you go to prison if your score is negative.

Its happens on my brother server , perhaps its a server problem? But my brother has np at all. the weird i have a postive score and all of a sudden its sends to prison without even doing anything.

Which version of Evolution are you playing?

We tryed all of em , Evo unlocked , Evo Red 0.91 0.92 0.93, Evo Marines 0.7 0.8 0.9e .

by brother did edit the ini for faster rank , which everyone does .