Sign in to follow this  
fjaekel

graphics bugs with ATI 4800 series (4850/4870/4890)

Hello Friends.

I know that problems do happen when you overclock your card, so i have disabled the overclocking to exclude this error source. I think the problem here is when there is too much work todo for the graphics card, but hey, this is just speculation, i have no idea how graphic cards work. My graphics game settings are at normal, when setting them to very high, the graphic error does come faster and is more intensive. When setting all graphic settings to low, the error does not occur.

Also interesting, as you can see in the video, only the 3D things are affected by the error. The 2D overlay images (team member avatars, comunication menu) are being displayed properly.

Im going for the ATI card 4870 1 gb, should I think over it and maybe choose gtx 275?

Im reading about the bugs that affect ATI Radeon cards and I hesitate too much now:confused:

I am using 4870 1gb as you can see below and totally happy. No crazy graphic problem as long as you set up the video settings properly. And NEVER overclock it. Once you overclock it, crazy things happen.

Thank you my friend , I will go for the 4870 1 Gb then :)

or go for the 4890 it should cost the same or cheaper depens where u order it.

i first had a ati 4870 512mb for 1 day it cost me 180 euros by mycom

but i had a bad feeling about that card so i scoped the web and found a ati 4890XXX 1GB for only 160 euros.

soo look good

Yeah sounds good.

Still im curious alot of people complain and they want me to buy GTX 275 instead, should I listen to them?

Would you prefer gtx 275 or ATI 4890?

Im afraid of buying a system and not to be able to play ARMA2 as I want to.

Im not interested to max out but at least play high/medium :o

ATI 4670HD

win xp sp2

4gb ram

never overclocked it and the bug happens.

ATI 4670HD

win xp sp2

4gb ram

never overclocked it and the bug happens.

What is the exact problem (aka bug) ? textures?

Edited by D3lta

XP 32bit SP3, Arma2 v1.05 with 9.12 Catalyst on a 512MB 4870 and I'm still getting those crazy polygon artefacts.

I'll be migrating to W7 in the next couple weeks, waiting on a backordered X25-M G2

try setting your "video memory" to High. Also when it starts to happen Type; SHIFT and Minus(keypad) then Type; f l u s h.

I even have the whole flush command bound as a macro on my n52, doesn't make that bug any less irritating...

I even have the whole flush command bound as a macro on my n52, doesn't make that bug any less irritating...
indeed, for me it wasnt a issue with my 2GB of Vram untill the 9.10s and is still there in the 9.12s... I can get rid of it on VH, never see it, but i run Quadfire and need to use Default for the AFR frame buffers...( no strobe ever, less dark to light hdr stuff) Changing your VidRam settings should fix it, but a 1GB+ card is the way...

indeed, for me it wasnt a issue with my 2GB of Vram untill the 9.10s and is still there in the 9.12s... I can get rid of it on VH, never see it, but i run Quadfire and need to use Default for the AFR frame buffers...( no strobe ever, less dark to light hdr stuff) Changing your VidRam settings should fix it, but a 1GB+ card is the way...

You do realize that 2GB Vram for a Quadfire setup effectively is 512MB of local memory per GPU ?

No point parroting the obvious "fixes" that were repeated over and over in this thread, you're not helping.

Care to explain why a 1GB+ card is the way ? See the 1st post in this thread, use your mouse to point to one of the colored and underlined numbers, click the button on the left of your mouse, this is what we're dealing with, blindly throwing money at a memory management problem is not a solution.

i have a problem right now wich a cant realy adres where the problem comes from

1 catalyst 9.12

2 patch 1.05

ever since catalyst 9.12 (pretty much released at the same time as patch 1.05)

i get strange white flickering screen and it only happens in the menu screens,

nomather if i play with or without ACE2 it happens from time to time..

anyone else having these issue's ??...

i have a problem right now wich a cant realy adres where the problem comes from

1 catalyst 9.12

2 patch 1.05

ever since catalyst 9.12 (pretty much released at the same time as patch 1.05)

i get strange white flickering screen and it only happens in the menu screens,

nomather if i play with or without ACE2 it happens from time to time..

anyone else having these issue's ??...

you have two 4890s? And your in CF? set your ingame video memory to default.

yes i have, and ill try that..

i always played video memory= highest...

EDIT

i think the textures are loading bether now,

dont know for shure only did a few bengmarks.

will let u know gonna playtest it tonight...

2ND EDIT

i think i found out whats causing the strange white flickering.

i wanted to make a video of the issue with fraps,

while i was whaiting for it to happen, and pressed the record button when it did.

i found out that at that excact same time the flickering stopped, so i figure fraps is causing this...

restarted without fraps and untill now it didnt happen...

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

From Arma 2 release till patch 1.05 I still get white little squares flickering, usually on walls or grass, but mostly on random places across the screen. No matter what driver version I use. HD4870x2 here.

I know somebody else got same problem on these forums, but can't find him anymore.

You do realize that 2GB Vram for a Quadfire setup effectively is 512MB of local memory per GPU ?
Its 4GB, with 2GB usable buffer ALL the GPUs use.
No point parroting the obvious "fixes" that were repeated over and over in this thread, you're not helping.
sry, Some posters do not read any of the earlier posts.But the Video Memory choice is the best "Fix".
Care to explain why a 1GB+ card is the way ? See the 1st post in this thread, use your mouse to point to one of the colored and underlined numbers, click the button on the left of your mouse, this is what we're dealing with, blindly throwing money at a memory management problem is not a solution.
If you read other 1GB card posts in this thread you will see it was fixed for them... Its about the size and management of the Buffer, which for me is easily fixed for polypikes if i set my InGame VideoMemory to VeryHigh.... And i didnt need to do that till the 9.9~ Cat/1.05vA2. I could use Default.

As for the 4850 512MB card using 101v of A2 and the 9.5 Cats...Read well past the first post...

Edited by kklownboy

Hi guys, i got problems wth graphic too on windows 7 x64 and radeon 4850 512 ram, it looks like this:

http://zapodaj.net/ed9a8c1be774.jpg.html

i tried everything, reinstal system,directx, game, now checkins older catalyst drivers

i play on quitew normal settings not so high to get better fps

my monitor samsung syncmaster 940nw max res. 1440:900

last time on windows xp x64 whixch i got i DID not happens ;/

my pc :Athlon X3@x4 3.2 ghz, msi 770-g45, 2x2gb goodram 1333mhz, of course graphic card, ocz 500 psu and samsung hd502hj and seagate barracuda 80 gb

please help ;/

Does anyone know if 9.13 will positively affect Arma II ? and when will it be out ?