Sign in to follow this  
fjaekel

graphics bugs with ATI 4800 series (4850/4870/4890)

Just to say that I found the Von mod version of 10.10e today and wow! Finally, CrossFire actually works in A2 for me and my cards start to heat up somewhat for the first time in this game. I really recommend these for anyone with a CrossFire ATI set up - they don't rely on CF profiles, so utilise the multi GPUs much more effectively, imo.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=332395

If you want to try them, please make sure you look at the in depth readme file first, and use something like driver sweeper to clear out all ATI's past junk from your system before installing the modded driver version.

note:

10.11 were released on Windows Update yet theirs 3D driver is older than 10.10e

but 2D and openGL driver is newer

let's hope 10.11a will become ideal merge

just an update, problem still persists on an ati radeon 6870 1gb

i dont know whether to celebrate the new card or cry coz the problem is still there

*commences trawling through 100 pages looking for the solution*

Hi guys. Got a problem here, been searching, but found no answers (maybe I suck at searching?)

A lot of the people in-game have no arms, or their arms are stretched backwards.

Tried 10.4 and 10.11. HD 4870 1gb.

I am running CO with HD 4850 (512Mb) and Win7.

I presume this texture flickering / LOD /whatnot issue is not normal:

How do i fix this?

Edit:

I suppose this is about the Object Details and z-fighting.

I changed Object details to High/very high to reduce this. Though i lost some FPS in the process.

Edited by Atkins

I am running CO with HD 4850 (512Mb) and Win7.

I presume this texture flickering / LOD /whatnot issue is not normal:

How do i fix this?

Edit:

I suppose this is about the Object Details and z-fighting.

I changed Object details to High/very high to reduce this. Though i lost some FPS in the process.

Use the new OA Beta.

If i remember right i had same thing happening sometimes when i had 4850. Maybe it's low video memory or some kind of memory fragmentation thing... who knows.

Also might wanna try new 10.12 drivers too. Seems to reduce these z-fighting/lod problems with other games too. Atleast for my hd4890.

Hmmmm... I've been trying to make sense of the last few pages. The Modded driver's thing kind of threw me of the sent a bit. I've got a 4870x2, (full specs in my sig) running on W7 64bit. Anybody out there recommend a driver that works well with a setup similar to mine? Frame rate is not a problem, its stuttering and lod problems that make the game tough to play for me.

shure

antialiasing set to low

turn off v sync

reduce viewdistance to around 2000

everything else set to very high

looks great, plays great...

Alan.rio;1816967']Hmmmm... I've been trying to make sense of the last few pages. The Modded driver's thing kind of threw me of the sent a bit. I've got a 4870x2' date=' (full specs in my sig) running on W7 64bit. Anybody out there recommend a driver that works well with a setup similar to mine? Frame rate is not a problem, its stuttering and lod problems that make the game tough to play for me.[/quote']10.4a, but then you have to rename the arma2oa.exe to arma2.exe. The 10.8 has the OA profile and doesnt need the rename. So after 10.8 no rename, 10.5 to 10.6 and 10.7? have a 4870x2 gpu speed bug, avoid them.

The 10.12a "preview" driver is the best, and is newer than the Official 10.12s.

What are your ingame specs. Also make sure AA and AF in the CCC 3D settings are at Application settings.

10.4a, but then you have to rename the arma2oa.exe to arma2.exe. The 10.8 has the OA profile and doesnt need the rename. So after 10.8 no rename, 10.5 to 10.6 and 10.7? have a 4870x2 gpu speed bug, avoid them.

The 10.12a "preview" driver is the best, and is newer than the Official 10.12s.

What are your ingame specs. Also make sure AA and AF in the CCC 3D settings are at Application settings.

Thanks for the reply kklownboy, I think i'm using 10.9 with a hot fix. As for my ingame specs I can run everything on low, or everything on very high, either way my frame rate is always pretty, but I always have this stuttering and slow loading textures and models. I'll switch to 10.12a later this evening. Do you know anything about the customized drivers? I've also made some alterations to my config file (max_frames_ahead etc.) but I'm not at home right now so I can't tell you what I changed them to.

Hi guys. Got a problem here, been searching, but found no answers (maybe I suck at searching?)

A lot of the people in-game have no arms, or their arms are stretched backwards.

Tried 10.4 and 10.11. HD 4870 1gb.

Same here. Seems as though it's related to the 1.57 patch. Some animation thing. Got it with most many Vilas' weapons.

Edited by DiFool

I'm having an issue with ArmA2 on a 4850x2 with and without crossfire enabled.

It happens most when I'm in forested areas where there's frequent HDR luminosity changes. For some reason, the HDR saturation skyrockets for no apparent reason, to the point where the screen turns completely white, aside from the darkest parts of the scene, which turn either completely black or variations of basic RGB colors. It seems to flash in and out; sometimes when I zoom in or scope in, it gets better. But other times, it makes it worse.

I'm using current 11.3 drivers, no mods, and it seems to happen no matter which graphics settings I choose. I assumed turning post processing effects off would fix it, but it made no difference. I'll try to get a video up later.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

did u run a benchmard after u renamed your .exe ??

try that and see how far your framerate drops

everytime i was looking into the sun my screen started to flicker aswell

here my solution..

if u have a lcd monitor try and set your colors of your monitor to sRGB

it worked for me

Ran a benchmark..avg fps 54..as far as i could see with the two gpu being used....at 99.99%...setting 1900x1200 high

Before patching to 1.09 I had to revert name back to arma2.exe and its still like that but playing fine:yay:

Edited by 68viper

I seem to have found the issue, at least for me. The HDR flickering only happens when I launch from steam. When I launch from the exe or a mod manager, it works perfectly fine.

I seem to have found the issue, at least for me. The HDR flickering only happens when I launch from steam. When I launch from the exe or a mod manager, it works perfectly fine.

that will indicate some problem with STEAM's overlay

please report it to Valve

I have MASSIVE artifacts and disappearing objects. Here are some examples:

http://imageshack.us/f/848/arte1h.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/268/arte2a.jpg/

The problem exist more often in cities (esp. Czernogorsk) or when flying. So basicaly at scenes rich in objects. Problem were not so often in Operation Arrowhead but it is very common at base Arma 2 (in Czarnogorsk I can't walk more than 30s before artifacts appear). Alt+tab or shift - flush helps a bit (eliminates artifact and graphic is normal again) but it is only temporary solution - sooner or later those graphic bugs pop up again. Changing texture details or video memory in options doesn't resolve problem either.

Here is my config:

Core 2 Duo @3.8GHz

4GB ram @1000MHz (1066MHz nominal)

Gainward Radeon 4850 512MB Golden Sample, catalyst ver: 10.12

HDD 500GB @7200 (lots of free space)

Win XP Pro SP3 32bit

Arma version 1.59

I though it was because graphic card overheating but cooling system is custom made by Gainward (2 slots). However, I downclocked card and temp. both GPU and vmemory don't exeed 50 celcius degrees (checked by riva tuner). Moreover, in RT I noticed other thing - very high video memory usage - up to 700MB :

wich temperatures is rivatuner referring to ?

cause i think your core temp might be 50 celsius but that doesnt mean that the memory IO isnt overheating u might want to check that, google GPU-Z it reads those temps.

i had similar problems when i used a closed computer case in crossfire x my temps reached 100 celsius easy cause the lower video card was almost touching the floor of the case and couldnt get desent airflow.

i replaced it for a open case to solve the problem but with the gpu-z tool i found out that the memory io can get much hotter than the graphics processor.

i had the same problem as yours,eyab. my graphics card runs much hotter than yours as it has only the stock cooling. heat problem could be a factor here,but i managed to solve the issue by upgrading the OS to win7 ultimate 32bit. for some reason it eliminated the artifacts problem,well,for me at least.

my rig is more or less than same ,despite having only 2GB ram and a triple core CPU