Sign in to follow this  
fjaekel

graphics bugs with ATI 4800 series (4850/4870/4890)

i have updated now to 10.8 catalyst, i will report if this artefacts occur.

Do yuo have a ati 5970? Can you post your config value?

Ummmm I was looking at getting the 4890 today so can any one recommend getting it or does problems still exist with the 4890?

Thanks

10.8's make the HDR go crazy (whiteout and blackout) every 30 seconds in crossfire with two 512mb hd4870's like it did in pre 10.4 with ARMA2 .

Oh well at least i have the profiles for OA to work in crossfire, ill have to re-install 10.7 for now.

EDIT: No crossfire with 10.7 even when using the 10.8 crossfire profiles :(

Edited by LEEROY_UK

I need some help please ..

Game was running smoothly till I downloaded the latest patch 1.54. Now the game freezes every a couple of minutes and I get the VPU recoverer.

I have

GPU: ATI 4870.

I have latest drivers.

Any help on how to resolve this issue are highly appreciated! :confused:

the graphic artefacts occur with 10.8 aswell.

no matter what videomem and with lowest temperatures of cpu and gpu.

it disapears once i change something in options or when i simple alt tab but after time it reoccurs again.:mad:

I need some help please ..

Game was running smoothly till I downloaded the latest patch 1.54. Now the game freezes every a couple of minutes and I get the VPU recoverer.

I have

GPU: ATI 4870.

I have latest drivers.

Any help on how to resolve this issue are highly appreciated! :confused:

open ccc (advanced not basic) and look for "vpu recover" push that button and u can uncheck vpu recover to disable it.

the graphic artefacts occur with 10.8 aswell.

no matter what videomem and with lowest temperatures of cpu and gpu.

it disapears once i change something in options or when i simple alt tab but after time it reoccurs again

What is your vidmem and your videocard? Manually it's impossible to change, i think that this is the problem.

You can find in \Documents\Arma 2\ArmAOA.cfg

localVRAM=?;

nonlocalVRAM=?;

Edited by BlueEyes73

open ccc (advanced not basic) and look for "vpu recover" push that button and u can uncheck vpu recover to disable it.

I did, then the game will freez (along with PC) and will have to do system retsart.

It was working fine till last patch. So I am not sure what has changed with latest patch ??

What is your vidmem and your videocard? Manually it's impossible to change, i think that this is the problem.

You can find in \Documents\Arma 2\ArmAOA.cfg :

localVRAM=?;

nonlocalVRAM=?;

thats what i have in armaoa.cfg

language="English";

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=48387;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1280;

Resolution_H=1024;

refresh=75;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1280;

Render_H=1024;

FSAA=1;

postFX=0;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=2;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=536870912;

nonlocalVRAM=257294336;

Windowed=0;

You have 512Mb of vram?

---------- Post added at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

I have reinstalled catalyst 10.5a. Now the game is ok (but i don't have crossfire enable). Now the config file is:

adapter=-1;

3D_Performance=100000;

Resolution_Bpp=32;

Resolution_W=1920;

Resolution_H=1080;

refresh=120;

winX=16;

winY=32;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

Render_W=1920;

Render_H=1080;

FSAA=2;

postFX=5;

GPU_MaxFramesAhead=1000;

GPU_DetectedFramesAhead=3;

HDRPrecision=8;

lastDeviceId="";

localVRAM=1053515776;

nonlocalVRAM=2147483647;

Windowed=0;

When i have problem (10.6 - 10.7, 10.8) config is:

localVRAM=387831808;

nonlocalVRAM=387831808;

Now that I have reinstalled back to v1.52 it works smoothly again!

Before freez/ 30% drop in frame rate and some graphic glithes (all white)

I know a few others with ATI cards who are having similar issues. I hope next patch will be based more on1.52 as 1.54 must have introduced something that is not very ATI friendly!!

I'm playing on a HD 4850 512 MB with cat 10.7 and with v1.54 my game is running as good as never before.

I certainly don't hope they will go back to what v1.52 was like, while still being good the performance of 1.54 is much better for me.

I experienced a major FPS drop with patch 1.54.

With 1.52 the FPS were about 30 and now it fell down to 12.

FRAPS and the OA benchmark give me the same result: average 12 fps.

I have a Radeon HD4830 512MB with latest Catalyst drivers 10.8.

I'lll try the beta and report back.

---------- Post added at 22:41 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Tried the latest beta build 72967, still the same.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 2: Unbelievable a simple defrag solved my problem :eek:

Patch 1.54 even gave me a performance boost (~35 fps now)

Edited by Lonestar

help ,did anyone experience game stuck when i play arma 2 arrowhead ,pls help how to resolve it cause i want to play arma 2 oa

Hi all I have a new ATI 4890 1gb version and tbh the LOD system is crap and the texture loading.

I mean trees at close ish range look real crap and textures on some things look terrible even if I zoom in with scope etc.

I am using latest drivers.

and latest stable release of OA etc no betas

I may try one now though see what happens

Hi all I have a new ATI 4890 1gb version and tbh the LOD system is crap and the texture loading.

I mean trees at close ish range look real crap and textures on some things look terrible even if I zoom in with scope etc.

I am using latest drivers.

and latest stable release of OA etc no betas

I may try one now though see what happens

you beter try driver 10.4 after that its all crap the 10.4 gives me the best results

Edited by Richieb0y

Really ok thanks for that I will try them for sure cheers :)
10.4a i find better than 10.4. But the new 10.8Hotfix best. Also make sure you are using "Default" VideoMemory setting in game

I've got a HD 4870X2 (2GB) with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I'm currently using ARMA II v107 with the latest CCC drivers. My problem is I'm getting the whole screen temporarily whiting out. It's happening every 2/3 minutes of gameplay which makes the game totally unplayable.

I'm manually running the fan @40% which keeps the temperature at around 70degrees so it's not a temperature related issue. Any suggestions?

Cheers Ian

10.4a i find better than 10.4. But the new 10.8Hotfix best. Also make sure you are using "Default" VideoMemory setting in game

Looking at ATI/AMD site I see no hot fix can ya link me please?.

All so I am sure I read its best to set your GPU mem to Vhigh?

EDIT I found it I think and its for win 7 well I use WIN XP still hahahahaha

All so I am sure I read its best to set your GPU mem to Vhigh?

Default is best for your 1GB card.
EDIT I found it I think and its for win 7 well I use WIN XP still hahahahaha
Its all OSs,

its a AMD( tho its a ATI icon) package with 115MB

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

I've got a HD 4870X2 (2GB) with Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. I'm currently using ARMA II v107 with the latest CCC drivers. My problem is I'm getting the whole screen temporarily whiting out. It's happening every 2/3 minutes of gameplay which makes the game totally unplayable.

I'm manually running the fan @40% which keeps the temperature at around 70degrees so it's not a temperature related issue. Any suggestions?

Cheers Ian

Not a heat issue, its a HDR/Bloom/ CF/SLI issue. And has a few work arounds. Try PP off, Default Vidram. 16HDR or 32HDR. Also there are some nice Bloom mods to limit it.

I get it but it varys between Beta patches ect, but it never just keeps happening.

Default is best for your 1GB card.

Its all OSs,

its a AMD( tho its a ATI icon) package with 115MB

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

Not a heat issue, its a HDR/Bloom/ CF/SLI issue. And has a few work arounds. Try PP off, Default Vidram. 16HDR or 32HDR. Also there are some nice Bloom mods to limit it.

I get it but it varys between Beta patches ect, but it never just keeps happening.

Thanks for the reply. Before reading your post I did actually increase the video memory from high to very high which seemed to limit the bloom, although now I know what it is I'll try the various workarounds you've mentioned.

Interesting 'visual effect' bloom, because it's an effect only seen through a camera's lense - this of course prompts the debate whether of not such a game should have bloom given that it's intended to be a simulator. Of course, you'd get the effect if you were behind glass, i.e. wearing spectacles, inside a jet cockpit, or looking through an armoured vehicle's window etc.. :)

Cheers Ian

if the brightness is when i look at the sun or have a very bright sun/refection from a angle, then no issue if it blinds me for a few seconds. Its the out of( seems) nowhere flash of full white screen that sux.

Oke guys Ati 10.9 driver are out now.

i will try it in the weekend too busy on my workout. So if some tryed these let us now how it work beter or worse