Sign in to follow this  
garack666

so 25 fps in chernogorsk missions - on normal and very high

with 4870 1gb oc and quadcore @ 3.4 +4 gig ram

dont matter if i set normal game settings or very high...25 frames.

so gpu dont limit, but my 3.4ghz quad should not limit too..

so why only 24-26 frames in this mission?

no matter if shadows off or on..only this bad frame rate..so wahts limited cpu cores are max at 80%...bad code?

Edited by garack666

coul be fill rate, what value is fill rate optimizer, try to set it on 100%

vertical sync on?

nope not on when svycn is on it limit to 30 frams or 60.

coul be fill rate, what value is fill rate optimizer, try to set it on 100%

fill rate is 100% i even set it to 80% and get under 30 frames.

Ok set all setting to very low... and got only 25-30 frames...so its not the gpu..probably a bug a bad code...

btw its a gamers pc with 15 years game experience and tweaked vista, no other software like ac or fw running, raptor hd ect..other games run very fine, crysis mmporgs whatever..

Edited by garack666

Doesn't your ATI CCC use own "quality" settings, or it is set up to let application decide?

aplication decide no force aa or af or adaptive, btw tried with 9.5 and got the same results, bevore was 9.4

must be bad code cause gpu dont limmit as i said, no matter if very low with 50% or very high with 100% , ok 150% and i got 10 frame:

Double Post cause u have Solution.

Its like a said a bug..bad code..

Solution: Save the game. Load it. And have 10-15 Frames more and not the 27 frames cap..Problems begins when missions start -) There you have to search the bug. ;)

Edit:and get next bug: the ki dont recognize me anymore...

Edited by garack666

Framerate rises after reload BECAUSE the AI dont recognize you anymore...

man, i hope the patch solves that.

is it 100% reproducible for you? that means, if you go into editor and place AI, save and reload, they always become inactive?

is it 100% reproducible for you? that means, if you go into editor and place AI, save and reload, they always become inactive?

I dont have ArmA2 yet, but the postcar is at the other end of the street... but in the other threads they say its reproduceable :eek:

cant say it because i cant save while i play in editor, in my difficulty profile kadett save is enabled but its gray in menü. so save is impossible in editor for me.

in missions and scenarios yes 100%.

Strange too is that when the ki is enabled the first time i max got 27 frames. when it is disabled i got 30-45 frames on 3.4 Ghz Q6600... the ki eats my quad and you need a 4 ghz + machine in order to run arma with more then 30 frames? cant believe it..

Edited by garack666

Hi, I've experienced the same on the third singleplayer mission called "Gegenangriff" I think... When you're in that BMP going to that village where resistance hides.

Well, I have checked GPU and CPU activity while gaming (on my G15 LCD display with RivaTuner). Both CPU cores are close to 100%, while both GPUs are at about 80%.

I also tested a game with alot of KI, which is a port of a OFP ingleplayer mission called "Battlefield" where lots of units are in a large field... I have better fps there than in that village.

I think there's something wrong in the code. Could still be the AI because if I get closer to the ennemy line in that OFP mission port, performance also goes down (can't remember how much FPS though).

My system specs:

C2D E8400@4.2GHz

P5Q Deluxe

4GB DDR2

Radeon 4870X2 - 2GB

X-Fi ExtremeGamer

Windows Se7en x64

PS: I activated crossfire support by using the "-winxp" tag to launch the game.

Without it, only one GPU is processing (then at 100% most of the time) and I loose ~20 FPS in the main menu scene for example.

I hope the performance will improve with future patch releases. Please tell us if you're also experiencing such problems. I hope BI will listen and make this game the best of its genre out there :P (It's already the best in everything, but performance :( )

In my case the game runs rather smoothly (23-35fps) but very rarely there were some freezes in certain "difficult" areas and it could drop to 17-19fps just for instant. Nonetheless, I found the average fps quite playable untill I started Chernogorsk mission. At once I had the considerable decrease in fps and the worst thing was that I saw the huge texture lags (2-8 sec.) and moreover some objects were not beeing depicted in right way even I was staring them for a while. I had to quit playing the campaign because of such the enormous texture lags totally kill the immersion into the game. The lowering of the video memory&texture settings does not seem to give me the wishful result - fps increased insignificantly and the lags still there. I never saw it neither in boot camp missions nor scenario missions which I've already tried. My guess is that it is some kind of

malfunction of the game and I hope it will be fixed by patches or new video drivers in the nearest future.

Go back to Arma I game I saw the LOD there but it was a short-time lack which I got used to see and

and rather soon I stopped to pay attention to it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WINXP64/Q9300/4870 512MB/RAM4GB/1680x1050/patch 1.1beta/all=very high settings/distance view=2000/fillrate 100%

P.S. The author of this thread made a mistake in spelling the name of the town, the right one is Chernogorsk.I suppose it comes from the shortening the russian words "cherniy" means black and "gora" means a mountain,the whole meaning is "the town of Black Mountain" ;-) Can somebody fix the misprint otherwise it's impossible to find the name of mission by using "Search" on forum.

.....And sorry in advance for my mistakes in this post!!!

Edited by dkd

Beside low fps have you ever seen the texture lag when the proper textures will start to appear if only you have been staring the object for a while or even they will never be load in the proper way, for instance just a vague square instead of hi-res wall texture of a fence etc.

Beside low fps have you ever seen the texture lag when the proper textures will start to appear if only you have been staring the object for a while or even they will never be load in the proper way, for instance just a vague square instead of hi-res wall texture of a fence etc.

I solved this problem in Arma1 in expensive manner - GPU with 1GB VRAM and RAID0 with two Solid State Drives (OCZ Vertex) pushing 460MB/s in sequential reads and 0.2ms access time.

Now, in Arma2 it is like when I had Arma1 with conventional drive and 512MB VRAM. There is another issue in Arma2 with textures and LOD. Even after high-res textures loaded - they keep flickering on some buildings between high res/low res even if I don't move/zoom/use optics. Really annoying. There is reddish fence in Chernogorsk near T-34 monument that actually doesn't load high-res texture at all... :confused:

Edited by Skeptic

I can confirm this - something limits the FPS sometimes.

Several trees and other objects also cause a huge FPS drop.

If I spawn my unit in a forest with different trees or next to another building it's fine. :crazy:

LOD's or Shaders maybe ? I'm not an expert :plain:

Q6600

GTX260

2GB RAM

It should perform better :bored:

I've ran into the same "limit" as well while playing the campaign. Just tried out the start of the Manhattan mission, and my fps never goes over 26fps regardless of settings.

2fps difference between lowest settings and 50% FR vs. everything 'Very High' and 100% FR:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/771/arma22009060322265537.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6339/arma22009060322283246.jpg

And just a handful of frames between everything maxed @ 150% FR, and everything low/off at 800x600, 50% FR

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5571/arma22009060322291057.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/641/arma22009060322302714.jpg

Obviously this screams bottleneck, presumably because of the number of AI units during the campaign, especially the larger missions like Manhattan. I know a stock Q6600 isn't top of the line these days but surely it's not that bad already? Along with the quad-core I've got 3GB RAM and a 4870 1GB.

Yeah this scenrey seems to be caused by "low cpu performance" but you already got a decent quad...I hope the make performance as a "feature" in the next patch.

Same thign to me nearly no difference if i enable the beautiful gras or not with my HD 4850 so it think it is caused by the CPU. But why even the core i7 are not enough for hungry arma2 ?

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,685661/Armed-Assault-2-Grafikkarten-Benchmarks-plus-Optikvergleich/Rennspiel-Sportspiel-Simulation/Test/

Look at the table. So i think my cpu 4850e @ 2,7 Ghz is powerful enough but maybe there are some nasty faults in the code?

They really need to boost CPU usage for quad cores, because not doing that is just silly.

I've ran into the same "limit" as well while playing the campaign. Just tried out the start of the Manhattan mission, and my fps never goes over 26fps regardless of settings.

2fps difference between lowest settings and 50% FR vs. everything 'Very High' and 100% FR:

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/771/arma22009060322265537.jpg

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/6339/arma22009060322283246.jpg

And just a handful of frames between everything maxed @ 150% FR, and everything low/off at 800x600, 50% FR

http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/5571/arma22009060322291057.jpg

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/641/arma22009060322302714.jpg

Wow, no GPU scaling while dropping settings? That needs to be addressed. Thanks for benchmarks.

@JimmyB:

I can confirm this as well. 23 FPS maxed out @ 3800m view distance & 100% Fillrate. No matter where I go and how many AIs are running around. Just very few more when I reduce the details to the lowest (!) settings.

It has to be a bug, I can't believe this is the regular performance of the game...

Intel Core i7 920

Asus P6T Deluxe

6GB OCZ DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24

XFX GTX 285 XXX

Creative X-Fi Titanium PCIe

Samsung Spinpoint F1 1TB

Platform: Vista x64 SP2

I tried 3 different nVidia drivers as well, 182.50, 185.85 and 186.06 Beta. All with the same lame result.

That's good. Because this is total fail. I mean Even I'm getting HORRIBLE results. And I have an 8800GT, so who knows if it won't be better by the time the North American release is out?

Will the North American release be "new" "patched"?