Sign in to follow this  
Eggnogg13

Arma 2 Expansions/DLC

I did a search, and it seems that no topics came up regarding this, so here it goes...

I was wondering what kind of DLC/Expansions you guys would like to see.

More factions?

More Units?

Gameplay Changes?

More weapons/vehicles?

Another campaign?

OFP2 announced it will be doing dlc, and whether or not it will be good we have yet to see, but if BIS decides to do this, it can keep them up with the competition as more and more companies are doing DLC nowadays.

Whatever BIS decides to do, I just hope that they don't pull another Queen's Gambit.

The island was tiny and a lot of stuff that was in the expansion was transfered to stock Arma via patch,(The A-10, the KSVK, etc.) and that sucked for anyone who bought it before the patch.

The only reason I got it was for some mods/addons that required it.

I realize that people want to have some things open for modders to make, but I think it would be cool to see something like NATO and the likes.

So what do you guys want?

A cool campaign, which should come with a bunch of extra units and should have a new 'Island'.

Gameplay changes should be saved for patches so that people who dont want to buy the expansion can still play online with those who have it. (Unless the changes are really major, but i doubt that would happen)

A cool campaign, which should come with a bunch of extra units and should have a new 'Island'.

Gameplay changes should be saved for patches so that people who dont want to buy the expansion can still play online with those who have it. (Unless the changes are really major, but i doubt that would happen)

Ah yes, take a note from the Company of Heroes world..

I like that Idea, although that would make Coop missions hard to work with...say they add in a tank. And I make a mission that revolves around that tank. What would some one who joins my coop session that doesn't have the expansion do... sit outside and pray to god? Or what if I have everyone in my squad using the new gun. Do I also have to script "If player lacks this gun, give them this?". It would make mission making a pain...

Ah yes, take a note from the Company of Heroes world..

I like that Idea, although that would make Coop missions hard to work with...say they add in a tank. And I make a mission that revolves around that tank. What would some one who joins my coop session that doesn't have the expansion do... sit outside and pray to god? Or what if I have everyone in my squad using the new gun. Do I also have to script "If player lacks this gun, give them this?". It would make mission making a pain...

No, you just make a normal version, and an expansion version. Same thing happened in OFP (When RES was just released), and also QG (But mostly addonwise, not in missions).

If ArmA2 have future expansions I really would prefer and would love to have realistic simulation when operating vehicles, choppers, tanks etc etc. Each vehicle could have improved features and every detail could be optimized to military scale giving a more realistic feeling to the person and to the machine.

No, you just make a normal version, and an expansion version. Same thing happened in OFP (When RES was just released), and also QG (But mostly addonwise, not in missions).

Well what would you do if they add stuff such as QG added in the 6G30 grenade launcher. If I gave that to everyone in my group, but some player came in and didn't have the expansion. What would happen in that situation? Would that player be given a random gun, would I have to add in an IF situation to every character, or what?

They wouldn't be able to join the server, and they would be kicked off

They wouldn't be able to join the server, and they would be kicked off

Well yeah thats how it is now.. but the way NeMeSiS would like it is so they could still join. But that would just create some issues...

Speaking of NATO/EU. I would like to see the Spanish & Royal Marines added to the game. Also the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. And other NATO/Russian-Chine add-ons.

I like to see Expansions/DLC that gives you new areas to battle in.

1st Expansion/DLC Release:

North Western Province of Chernarus.

10-25 New vehicles/infantry + variants.

New Campaign revolving around new province (Player as Russian Side).

2nd Expansion/DLC Release:

Captial Province of Chernarus.

A Couple Of New Vehicle/Infantry + Variants.

New Campaign With Player As CDF.

Maybe Some New Factions, UN, NATO, Russians (VDV).

That one above is most likely not going to happen but with did have two updates for OFP - Red Hammer and Resistance, so it is possible, depends on how successful ArmA2 is really.

Edited by Big-Rooney

Well gameplay changes are the most important, but that should be patches, so you should remove it from the first post overall.

I think more environment, or an addition campaign would be cool. But lets at least play the original one first!

Agreed. I think it's a little early to be talking about expansions when the original game still hasn't been released.

I'm just asking what you guys would want after it's release, seeing as we have seen quite a bit of content already thanks to BI's lovely lil' previews and the updates on their site.

They also have stated that the developer tools won't be released imediately, so it would be nice to get an expansion while we all wait.

Queens Gambit had nice campaign with mercenaries, It was very cool gameplay and addictive scenario. Hope they will give us something similar.

Also I expect that in additional thing there will be no US army or Russian Forces (or derivative), but completely different nation or nations. Placebo is from Sweden, also I was there and they have very beautiful country (just beer is week and bad, taste like cats piddle), so let's make a WAR there :P

I'd gladly pay $25 just for a physics module. It could have physics like that of Crysis...would be awesome.

I want the Chernarus capital :D

Well what would you do if they add stuff such as QG added in the 6G30 grenade launcher. If I gave that to everyone in my group, but some player came in and didn't have the expansion. What would happen in that situation? Would that player be given a random gun, would I have to add in an IF situation to every character, or what?

It might be not appropriate to compare these games, but I'll do it anyway. The good old "Vietcong" game (btw was developed by an Czech studio also) allowed owners of the original game and of "Fist Alpha" expansion to play together online. As game modes were moslty DM, CTF or ATG (Counter-Strike like), you could choose your weapon at the beginning, and the owners of just the original game couldn't choose the new weapons. But they could pick them up from dead players. That means they were in the code but "unlockable". (At least in MP, or you'd probably get kicked because of hacking :D)

They also have stated that the developer tools won't be released imediately, so it would be nice to get an expansion while we all wait.

We would play ARMA2 while we wait. You need an expansion directly after ARMA2 release because some modding tools wont be out the same day as the game? Sounds a bit odd to me. ARMA2 will take time to explore i can assure you of that. ;)

Alex

I'll move this to the suggestions forum to avoid confusion.

I think the most logical DLC stuff would be new campaigns, like a campaign for each faction + adding a couple of new vehicles covering all vehicles classes from air to civilian and boats and tanks ect. Throwing in some new guns like Bohemia did with Resistance expansion to OFp 1. I loved the revolver and Scorpion :D

Also a couple of new Mp missions in each DLC maybe taken some parts from the campaign that is connected to that part of DLC.

New factions is just overkill, to much work to choose out wich ones to put in the game really, I mean there is alot of countries in the world...

Better to just improve the one's already there.

Add some cool scripts + tutorials and mission editing stuff like maybe new musics and squashing some of the unescapable bugs. :)

Hehe fans of Bis think forward and setup preproduction for Bis next project :icon_mrgreen:

Edited by Commando84

More vehicles and weapons for the existing factions. Also I'd like to see the rest of Chernarus because the map in A2 is just the eastern tip of the fictional country.

I always wanted a campaign where I could see the conflict from the view of the opposite side. If there's going to be only a campaign for US, I'd like to see something not so black&white (I hope with all those factions ARMA2 is finally going to be more colorful and less naive), not so US-centric in the expansion, e.g. with US and Russians both as bad guys...fighting a small guerrilla against big bears :D :D. BTW, Resistance was a great expansion and great campaign.

Hi, i'll like to see some EU country at the RES side, like Sweden or even England and then

maybe we get to see supported animations for bullup rifles like the IWI Tavor, Steyr AUG &

the Enfield L85-A2. But i think that's too soon for ask for anything new when the game isn't

even released and when it may need patches right after the release; as most of the nowadays

games, that must to be patched in order to be able of play decently. Let's C ya

Speaking of NATO/EU. I would like to see the Spanish & Royal Marines added to the game. Also the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle. And other NATO/Russian-Chine add-ons.

That's pretty much community fun stuff, cosmetics and whatnot are nice and all but like Bravo 6 I'd rather see the implimentation of more "focused" coding on the vehicles as an expansion rather then more militaries.

Of course yes more campaigns (with the original teams, maybe some new content on THEIR part but not new military) would be a nice extra as OFP to Resistence. And from a scripting perspective resistence wasn't just an expansion with addons.

Edited by NodUnit

If ArmA2 have future expansions I really would prefer and would love to have realistic simulation when operating vehicles, choppers, tanks etc etc. Each vehicle could have improved features and every detail could be optimized to military scale giving a more realistic feeling to the person and to the machine.

Those are my wet dreams...

About the expansions, anything that is better then Queen's Gambit is ok for me.