Sign in to follow this  
gamios

Arma 2 music rocks

I've just seen the trailer for the game and heard the remixed version of the old operation flashpoint music, and it sounds even better than the original! Any thoughts on that?

I admit I had goosebumps during the first trailer that used the old ofp music.

BUT it will be a huuuuuge disappointment if this game is just a glossed over version of Arma with OFP styled music. It'll be a clash of two very memories and I will cry. :icon6:

Yes the music sounded much better than in Arma. It's more heavier OFP style stuff. I like it. :cool:

How do you know this is the music in the game and just not in the videos?

You guys do realize that this music has been in ArmA since Queen's Gambit? Apart from the Russian faction video, that song is from OFP: Elite. You'll also hear it when you install ArmA. BIS just recycled them for the trailers, which was disappointing to me. Apart from the ones that used music from OFP, which was the polar opposite.

ArmA2 should have some music like Age of Conan has.

I am working on a vid of ArmA1, an overview of Sahrani from the 5 highest mountains i could find, with a 10k view distance... And AOC has the most perfect music to fit that :)

Although ofcourse the music made by Seventh for OFP is great too, i've got an entire album of them on my PC :)

You guys do realize that this music has been in ArmA since Queen's Gambit? Apart from the Russian faction video, that song is from OFP: Elite. You'll also hear it when you install ArmA. BIS just recycled them for the trailers, which was disappointing to me. Apart from the ones that used music from OFP, which was the polar opposite.

Its precisely the russian faction video's music that I meant even if I didn't mention it. I'd love to hear the title screen music of the ofp demo remade, the one with the m113 owning russian soldiers. Or some other music from the resistance expansion. Since bohemia really seem to have outdone themselves with arma2, there even seems to be no weird animation like in ofp and arma.

You know what music I like, which was also in OFP one? This: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Arma-II-Officially-Better-Looking-Than-Crysis-15506.html The music in that video was also from one of the title screens in OFP, the one with the wrecked out building and soldiers laying around. Such moving music, it was like it was saying "war is one big funeral" which is kinda true. It almost made me want to cry (please dont be too mean to me for this!) :o

More symphonic/orchestral war music. Less rock like in ArmA

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Shame that BIS probably doesn't have the money to get Nick Cave and Warren Ellis to collaborate on some music for this game :(

I imagine it'd turn out very interesting.

Dont know Warren Ellis, but Nick Cave, yeah, he has such a dark moody voice, it would be perfect.

Honestly and brutally, that MIDI-esque conversion of the original Flashpoint theme is hideous. Everytime I hear it another few otoliths in my ear topple over and die. When dealing with orchestral music, the go is to either re-record it with an orchestra or simply use the original.

What I wish had been done is a conversion of Slow Blades. THAT song was what OFP was all about, and IMHO was an auditory synthesis of courage, sorrow and fear in one neat package.

Dont know Warren Ellis, but Nick Cave, yeah, he has such a dark moody voice, it would be perfect.

yeah both Ellis and Cave collaborated for the scores of two films "The Proposition" and "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford", both great musical scores.

I would have given anything to hear Marisa Lenhardt in a 'powerful epic classical piece' for Arma 2. Something in the lines of

would also have been excellent for 'sad' parts of the story. Something like parts of the LOTR soundtrack for the 'majestic' parts though.

http://www.marisalenhardt.com/

I.e. the two bottom songs under her 'listen' page... Some gamers might have heard this stuff before ;) Especially Quantus still gives me the shivers like nothing else...

I agree, let's skip the rock this time.

Edit: Youtube version of Quantus, but in worse quality. Get the studio recording instead if you like it.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Carl: I will second that totally, Adagio for Stings is totally moody, would be perfect.

Did you play OFP? Do you remember this? Was along the same lines and very stirring I thought.

Let's stick to the classics: Ride of the Valkyries during a helicopter assault... :bounce3:

Hmmm, I wonder if anyone's thought about that before... :j: