Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

how do i check my teperature on the processon?

how do i check my teperature on the processon?

Im far from being an expert, but i rekon u just tap into BIOS when u start upp ur com and look there ;) Shouldnt be to hard to find.

Good luck

I just bought HD4890 i am asking what FPS will i get and on what settings with this rig:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

Nexus 8060Watt Powersupply

4GB DDR2 800Mhz Ram

Asus P5K motherboard

I am going to buy later an asus p6t mobo, core i7 920 and 4gigs of 1333hz memory ddr3

Thanks for answers

8000watt power supply? are you serious? are you running a mainframe? though i think you can run it just fine...

I just bought HD4890 i am asking what FPS will i get and on what settings with this rig:

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

4GB DDR2 800Mhz Ram

Asus P5K motherboard

I am going to buy later an asus p6t mobo, core i7 920 and 4gigs of 1333hz memory ddr3

Thanks for answers

8060 Watt? Woah! your going to blow up your whole room with that thing lol

Haha, I really hope he means 860w. :D

Btw, @Russianguy, how's your game stability been coming along since you upped the VCore on your CPU?

Cpu temps can be measured with coretemp/realtemp nstuff.

HD4870/4890 is the only reasonable option for arma2 imo... others are too expensive for that little performance gain. Fps depends on resolution& but id say 30+fps on high-Vhigh. Arma2 is just currently a hardware eating sob :p

Haha, I really hope he means 860w. :D

Btw, @Russianguy, how's your game stability been coming along since you upped the VCore on your CPU?

Its been somewhat better, but im still having some freezes and lock ups so i do not know, quite a few people also on the forums are experiencing the same problem, with different specifications aswell.., so i don't know maybe a new patch when it comes out can fix the issue. Until i get my retail copy i will see..

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

4GB DDR2 800Mhz Ram

Asus P5K motherboard

Thanks for answers

Download the demo.

Oh and be careful with tha PSU if you upgrade to a Core i7, non-brand PSUs are a bad idea.

Type everest in google, its nice little program thats shows you alot of info about your pc, when youve opened it, click on computer, sensor, to see all your temperatures for gpu,cpu,mobo,ram

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400

4GB DDR2 800Mhz Ram

Asus P5K motherboard

Thanks for answers

I've a similar rig. With video settings Normal/High, AA normal, filrate 100%, PostProcess and Anisotropic disabled, 1280x1024:

- 40/60 fps in Sp missions

- 20 /50 in Campaign (as far as I've played)

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Download the demo.

Oh and be careful with tha PSU if you upgrade to a Core i7, non-brand PSUs are a bad idea.

Nexus are not so bad PSU. But I agree they cannot be compared with Corsair or Coolermaster for example.

Oh right, never heard of them. Must add them to my mental list of decent PSUs... :p

Guys just come into some money and looking at getting a core i7 tonight off ebuyer also an MSI X58 PRO iX58 Socket 1366 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz Socket 1366 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

OCZ 4GB KIT (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz PC3 12800 GOLD SERIES DUAL CHANNEL KIT (8-8-8-26)

What do you guys think as im in a rush our these good products and is it worth the money

Also been looking at the phenom 955 what should i do is there much differance the phenom setup will cost abot 70 pounds less.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

To l8 just bought it

Edited by ubascouser

Im using a antec truepower 650w for my rig, ive had it over 3years now, i wasnt sure if i needed to update but its working good so far.

---------- Post added at 08:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Guys just come into some money and looking at getting a core i7 tonight off ebuyer also an MSI X58 PRO iX58 Socket 1366 8 channel audio ATX Motherboard

Intel Core i7 920 D0 2.66GHz Socket 1366 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor

OCZ 4GB KIT (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600Mhz PC3 12800 GOLD SERIES DUAL CHANNEL KIT (8-8-8-26)

What do you guys think as im in a rush our these good products and is it worth the money

Also been looking at the phenom 955 what should i do is there much differance the phenom setup will cost abot 70 pounds less.

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

To l8 just bought it

I would get the i7 920 m8, you cant go wrong with that cpu and it kicks arma2 arse :).

Get a Gigabyte motherboard, something like the EX58-UD5.

Man, the price of i7 boards has come down a load recently... Most be feeling the heat of the Phenom IIs :p

Guys i purchased it should be hear in the morning hopefully ill see a big improvement from my current specs.It come to just over 420 pound.

Nope, graphics too weak. A complete rip off too btw

For those of you wondering... "which card should I get?"

I found a really great website which has tested a few games with many, many, MANY different graphics cards.

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/gaming-graphics-charts-2009/benchmarks,54.html

It gives you all the benchmarks, with FPS performance, a list of the settings it was performed under, etc.

That being said, the cheapest graphics card with incredible performance would be a ATI Radeon HD 4870 priced at only $139. A very good graphics card with a very surprising price.

Edited by SpecOp9

Upgrading to a HD4850 would be more than enough to keep it running smooth at good settings. If you really really had to cut corners, you'd survive on a 9600GT 512MB, but it would be worth spending a bit more to get better performance.

If that's all that would need upgrading, I may be able to stretch to that. I'm 18 in a month so early birthday quids, a loan from my grandparents and I get paid soon. I think I may just be able to stretch it.