Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

Well, I was ready for ArmA2 until my motherboard went out yesterday. So my question to you guys is what would be a decent upgrade for a new mother board. My specs:

Antec 900 Case

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz

4GB corsair DDR2 800

300GB 10000 rpm VelociRaptor

9800 GTX

Vista 64 bit

750W powersupply

My old motherboard was a DFI Lanparty 775 Intel P35 ATX.

So what would be a good upgrade for my motherboard without having to upgrade anything else?

Thanks.

So what would be a good upgrade for my motherboard without having to upgrade anything else?

Thanks.

Cant go wrong with a Gigabyte EP45-DS3.

So given that many people have mysterious and sever FPS problems that appear to be the fault of the game and not their computers, what rigs do run the game well?

Could people with (non-exceptional) setups and good performance post their specs?

Second, if I were to buy a laptop able to run this game, where would I start looking? Are there any common models that would be well-suited or would it require some searching?

Well, the answer to that is simple. 4:3 ratio gives you better resolution because it has narrower FOV than is that of 16:9 or 16:10. The greater FOV it is the more objects has to be drawn on screen, and less FPS you get. FOV is related to object culling frustrum, which is area in which objects are drawn.

Cheers.

gonna buy a new pc, wich one

E5200 2.5 ghz

320GB HDD

2GB DDR2 Ram

420W Computer case + psu

Socket 775 mobo with gma3100 onboard

intern cardreader

my current 9600gt

OR

AMD X2 +7750 2.7ghz

4GB DDR2 Ram 800mhz

320GB HDD

400W Psu

wiht my current 9600gt lol

AMD X2 +7750 2.7ghz

I am running that processor at stock speeds and it handles ARMA very well, I do have an 4850 though.

Which card is better, a 1GB ATI Radeon HD 4850 or an NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT 1GB?

I can get them for the same price and was wondering which I should go with.

gonna buy a new pc, wich one

E5200 2.5 ghz

320GB HDD

2GB DDR2 Ram

420W Computer case + psu

Socket 775 mobo with gma3100 onboard

intern cardreader

my current 9600gt

OR

AMD X2 +7750 2.7ghz

4GB DDR2 Ram 800mhz

320GB HDD

400W Psu

wiht my current 9600gt lol

get amd x2 +7750 2.7ghz

To add on to my earlier post. I looked at the specs for win7 64 on micrsoft.com and it says that you need 2GB just to run it! How will that affect my ArmA2 game play if I have 4GB of ram?

I just tried using CCC to centre my 1680x1050 resolution (native 1920x1200) and it seems to have had a dramatic impact on performance. At the opening screen I used to get 18-20 frames and lots of stuttering until the camera panned over the first chopper, and now I'm getting 40-45 for the same scene... Odd

The HD4850 is better by far.

As for the Windows 7 thing - 2GB is the recommended requirement, I have seen it run just fine on machines with only 1GB of RAM. I have 4GB on my machine and I have no problems running ArmA II or anything else (When you have 2GB or more of RAM, Windows 7's background processes take up around 1GB, on systems with less than 1GB, the memory usage scales accordingly.)

The E5200 would be better than the 2.7GHz Athlon as far as I know.

EDIT: I think RussianGuy meant to go for the AMD system because it has more RAM... Tbh, you'd be best looking up benchmarks for the two CPUs and seeing which gives better bang for buck. Also, any idea what make/model those PSUs are?

Edited by echo1

the one with the e5200 is a 420w psu in the store case.

the one with the amd is a 400 psu in a store case.

Something must be wrong.

-I have a q9550

-nvidia gtx 285

-4gb ram

-win vista 32

And get like 25 fps on medium / low

Seems like people running the game on Vista have been having a lot of performance issues. Either Windows 7 or XP give better results. Considered trying Windows 7?

I´m getting way better frames within vista than in xp. Dunno why...is there any benchmark tests made in between vista and 7?

I am thinking of purchasing this game and i was wondering how well it would run with my current hardware configuration. My system's specs are as follows:

Intel i7 920 CPU @ 2.67 GHz

8gb ddr3 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4670 512mb

I have another computer available which is better but it would be much more convenient running the game on the one listed above.

What kind of performance can I expect out of this computer? Will i ever experience any lag? If so, to what extent?

the one with the e5200 is a 420w psu in the store case.

the one with the amd is a 400 psu in a store case.

most likely it might come with a generic psu, so you will be needing to buy a new one from a reliable brand

Hi

Will this processor be good enougt to run ARMA2 with a 4870 1 gb?

Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 3,16GHz / 6MB / 1333MHz Socket 775 (Boxed)

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Will my spec be good enough? because when I ran Arma II, it's kinda weird, with the graphics kinda "blurry-ish", and weird when I look around with my mouse (the "transition thing).

AMD Athlon X2 3900+ 2.00 GHz

Zotac Geforce 7900GS

RAM 2 GB Team Elite PC6400

thanks for the reply

What make are the cases?

Dunno it doesnt say its a case from the store itself maybe if u see a picture u can recognize it

http://www.codima.be/product/2065/codima-multimedia-77504gb500gbhd4650dvdrw71glan.aspx

most likely it might come with a generic psu, so you will be needing to buy a new one from a reliable brand

Is that REALLY necesarry? Cause why would they put that hardware in it if the psu wouldnt be able to handle it.

most likely it might come with a generic psu, so you will be needing to buy a new one from a reliable brand.

Agreed.

Is that REALLY necesarry? Cause why would they put that hardware in it if the psu wouldnt be able to handle it.

You have much to learn, young Padawan... :wink_o: