Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

how would a AMD Athlon II X3 435 / 2.9GHz tri core work out??

It will play the game but will not be as smooth as a cpu with L3 cache.

6870's and 50s are out, going to replace the 5770's and 50's. The 6950's/70's will be released in November I've heard.

Pretty close performance to the gtx 470, so hopefully it will preform well on arma 2.

i have a budget of 200 pound and i need a new grapchics card and a new cpu to make arma 2 oa run as smooth as possible what are your ideas?

thanks alot

Niall

6870's and 50s are out, going to replace the 5770's and 50's. The 6950's/70's will be released in November I've heard.

Pretty close performance to the gtx 470, so hopefully it will preform well on arma 2.

From what I've seen the 6870 is very close to a 5850. It'll come down to where prices end up. The (faster) 470 has the same price as the 6870, but the chip on the 6870 is pretty small and cheap so I hope prices drop fast.

I wish they had tested with settings to get near 35-50 fps. Now the cpu is probably bottlenecking in all but the last 2 tests.

compare

41 average fps on 1,680 x 1,050 0xAA 16xAF

to

21 fps average on 2,560 x 1,600 4xAA 16xAF

that's more than twice the pixels + 4xAA. and only half the fps.

AMD 6970 and 6990 - Late November.

Nvidia 580 - December

Edited by BangTail

Me getting one - 12th of never. :(

Might pick up a couple of 580s but won't touch ATI until they get their drivers sorted out.

However, I'm cautiously optimistic about AMD's 6xxx series and CF scaling.

Most of the reviews I've read are showing that these cards scale alot better than the 5xxx series. I'll reserve final judgement until I get some end user feedback but it looks promising.

Edited by BangTail

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz

ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD4650 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card

and 4gb ram

would this run arma 2 oa and how well?

AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0GHz

ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD4650 1GB PCI-E Graphics Card

and 4gb ram

would this run arma 2 oa and how well?

It'll run, but on lowest settings, mostly due to the gpu.

what about with a amd athlon II x4 630 and a nvidia 9500gt

That graphics card is even slower and won't even run it.

get a gpu from the top 8 rows here if you want a decent gpu. The new ati 68xx cards are also fast cards but not on the list yet.

i have an idea that this is a retardedly stupid question but will a AMD Sempron LE-1200 2100mhz and 3.0 gb of ram run it i have no idea how to fiqure out what video card a i have so can any one tell me how to fiqure that out

i have an idea that this is a retardedly stupid question but will a AMD Sempron LE-1200 2100mhz and 3.0 gb of ram run it i have no idea how to fiqure out what video card a i have so can any one tell me how to fiqure that out

No, you will need a better processor (Preferably a i5/i7/core2quad/phenom II) Also to find out what graphics card you have there is a cool app called cpu-z, that should tell you all your system specs.

whats my best bet updating from a nvidia 6800gt and a petnium 4 3ghz. to run arma 2 oa best i can my budget is 170 pound

I would say, wait a little and get more money, maybe 350-400 pound.

Good hardware for arma...

Mainboard: 70€

CPU: 120€

RAM: 50€

GPU: 150€

Edited by birtuma

No, you will need a better processor (Preferably a i5/i7/core2quad/phenom II) Also to find out what graphics card you have there is a cool app called cpu-z, that should tell you all your system specs.

thanks was thinking that i might get a alienware aurora with i7 but anyway yeah i have a nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 and thanks for that app man helped alot

Can you guys let me know what's the best in-game software settings for this computer config??

1. AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE

2. ATI Radeon 5770 1GB DDR 5

3. 2GB DDR 2

4. 1 TB HDD

5. Windows XP DX 9c

I just got a new computer and is now wondering if it will work with ARMA 2

I got

Windows 7 home premium.

AMD athlon II x2 240 dual core cpu

8 gb ddr2 memory

NVIDIA geforce gt220 1024 mb grafics card.

Pretty well, as long as you don't push the eye candy too hard.

But be prepared to be humbled just the same.

Minze

i7930@2.80Ghz/GTX480/6gbtriple@1600Hz

You should be able to crank the eye candy with that set up. I'm only running a Core2 duo E8400 3.0, 4 GBs Corsair 4.4.4.12 matched XMS, and a GTX 260.

In Warfare, I can almost crank almost every setting up all the way, including the view distance, and only ones in a while the screen will get choppy in very complex geometry locations. I don't run everything at full because it's not always smooth, but I keep most of it darn high. Textures=VeryHigh, Filtering= High, Shadows=Normal, Post=Off, FSAA, High sometimes, and sometimes off. And I run at 2048x1152, because that's the native rez of my flat screen unfortunately. I don't need it that high, but I'm stuck with it.

But I don't see why an i7 3.0 with 6 GBs of memory, and one of these new nVidea 400 cards can't stomp on what I'm running. Maybe the drivers I'm using atm work very well, who knows. But these are my honest real world results at the moment.

I'm thinking of getting a GTX460, or 470, but with the fact that the memory bandwidth interface is not much better then the 260 cards, is this particular game really going to benefit that much? There's no question these 400's can't tear the 200 series cards to shreds in processing, but I think the memory bandwidth limit's is really what Vid company's have been trying to battle as long as I can remember.

Sinzan, if his drivers work well, and that memory he's using is aggressive, aeggwards1's setup should rip.

I'm not disagreeing with you Sinzan about what you said about him having to keep his settings reduced. I'm just confused about why nVidea came out with these incredibly powerful cards, but left the memory bandwidth pretty much where it was and even dropped it lower on some of their cards. (not intentionally) ArmA drinks memory bandwidth. I want to upgrade, but I'm not sure if I'm wasting my time.

Edited by starstreams

I'm waiting on delivery of an ATI Radeon HD5870 1Gb GPU and I was wondering what the consensus of opinion was on the best driver version for running Arma2 and OA.

Thanks in advance.

I just want opinion...

I have 3.5 GHz Q6600 (438*8) dual channel 4GB DDR2, and ati 4850 512MB, im planing to get 6870 or 6850, so my question is what do you think will my cpu bottleneck 6870...

Although it is old cpu, fsb and clock are raised significantly.

Monitor has 1680*1050 res.

My cousin has i7 with HD5970 and i seen linear scaling corelation betwin fps and clock while overclocking it from stock (i7 920) to 4GHz thus implying massive cpu bottleneck.

Since 90s i buy new system only when there is 300% increse in performance (cpu/ram), and i dont plan to buy new system until sandy bridge R in q3/4 2011.

I just want opinion...

I have 3.5 GHz Q6600 (438*8) dual channel 4GB DDR2, and ati 4850 512MB, im planing to get 6870 or 6850, so my question is what do you think will my cpu bottleneck 6870...

Although it is old cpu, fsb and clock are raised significantly.

Monitor has 1680*1050 res.

My cousin has i7 with HD5970 and i seen linear scaling corelation betwin fps and clock while overclocking it from stock (i7 920) to 4GHz thus implying massive cpu bottleneck.

Since 90s i buy new system only when there is 300% increse in performance (cpu/ram), and i dont plan to buy new system until sandy bridge R in q3/4 2011.

You can always configure arma in such a way that the gpu is a bottleneck or the cpu is a bottleneck. Viewdistance, model and terrain detail are heavy on the cpu, aa, anisotripic filtering, post processing and shadows (if high or above)

And if that doesn't work you can always put the 3d res on 200%.

cpu- i5 760 stock (2.8, 3.3 turbo)

gpu- hd 6870

ram - 6gb 1333mhz

Wondering if this setup will get me a decent framerate (40-60) on high/veryhigh. Could anyone tell me an estimate of what kind of framerate I will see.