Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

-Ziggy-;1751420']hmm ... but will it run Arma2' date=' as the poster asked for advice concerning satisfactory performance with the hardware he listed?

run yes. satisfactory? LOL ! show me another person who is using that hardware, even just that board, and is happy...

Personally I wouldn't drop a dime into that crap. the motherboard is your main component, and if you aren't buying to try to future proof to some degree, then you are a fool. As an amateur enthusiast, I want more performance potential (~IN THE FORM OF MORE FEATURES~) than that board offers.[/quote']

dude are you kidding me?the board will run arma 2 as good as any board out there motherboards DO NOT determine performance.that motherboard has more lifespan for upgrading then the popular socket 1156.you can run the fastest amd proccessor on it and that socket isnt going anywhere soon there will be many cpu upgrades yet that will make use of that board.ddr 2 memory is the only downfall but you will not see a difference between ddr 2 and ddr 3 performance,it is very minimal.plus ddr 2 memory is very cheap to come buy nowadays.any quad core he puts into that motherboard will run arma 2 very well

Will this be able to run arma 2

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.209-9195.aspx

ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢, HD 5470 Graphics

AMD Turionâ„¢ X2 Dual-Core P520 processor

No, it's way too slow. If you're looking for an affordable notebook that can run arma look for ones with a "Geforce GT330M" or a "Radeon HD5650"

:( i could kill tesco right now. they had the perfect laptop for me and took it out of the direct catalgue. im gutted. ! :(

You don't have to buy at tesco right? this'll run it But look around a bit, maybe you can find a better or cheaper laptop somewhere else. Also check on warranty's and maybe you can find a review of the shop's service or the laptop.

Assuming you live in the uk you could search with sites like pricegrabber or something. I typed HD5650 in the searchfield and http://www.crescentelectronics.co.uk/toshiba-satellite-pro-l650165-core-i3-330m-213-ghz-156-tft.html was the cheapest, do mind it only has 2 GB ram, for arma2 I'd recommend a bit more, but it should run.

BTW tesco sells the R580 as well but be warned, there's 580's with gt330's and gt310's and the idiots at tesco do not mention what gpu is in there, they just say dedicated 512 mb

Edited by Leon86

dude are you kidding me?the board will run arma 2 as good as any board out there motherboards DO NOT determine performance.that motherboard has more lifespan for upgrading then the popular socket 1156.you can run the fastest amd proccessor on it and that socket isnt going anywhere soon there will be many cpu upgrades yet that will make use of that board.ddr 2 memory is the only downfall but you will not see a difference between ddr 2 and ddr 3 performance,it is very minimal.plus ddr 2 memory is very cheap to come buy nowadays.any quad core he puts into that motherboard will run arma 2 very well

Hello, you are very wrong if you say that the motherboard doesn't matter the performance a single bit. You need to get your things right, then start raging about computers.

related to pure performance what I can say about my rig are these (not very scientific facts, indeed, and not measured except of ArmA2 FPS analyser, in-game-benchmarks, in-game experiences meaning FPS-meter by Ati Tray Tools) things ...

here some facts/experiences after 10 months of having played A2/OA

1) my rig does not contain any actual high-end components, my board is OEM, no chance for me to OC (anyway, doesn't matter for me as being casual gamer)

2) at everything very high (AA=high, limited by my ati 4870), vd = 2000 I got at A2 Harvest Red CP av. 20 FPS

3) playing MP I get around 30 FPS, approx. 25-35

4) playing SP missions which don't contain "too much" AI I get 30-50 FPS, depending of natural environment (forest, cities, towns, houses)

5) my most critical compenent is -of course- CPU (simplified: amount of AI-units = 100 -> FPS = 10 to 20, AI-units = 10 -> FPS = 30 to 50)

6) choosing the right missions for my rig meaning not overloaded with AI I get very acceptable FPS, even on Chernarus, hardest thing for my rig is Zargabad, there anything above 5 vs 5 (meaning 10 AI units) would be a showstopper

in-game settings: everything maxed out except (3d-res 1280 x 1024) ...

7) Antialiasing I keep on 'normal', lowering doesn't increase FPS in noticeable ways (except on Utes, but there I play at 30-50 with AA=high, and getting 50 - 60 by lowering AA isn't worth doing without AA)

8) VD does take impact on my FPS, I keep it on 2000 - 3000, on islands or with few AI I raise until 5000

9) Postprocessing is 'normal', eye candy meaning anything higher is poison for my FPS

10) Terrain Detail = 'low'

my rig -> spoiler in sig

Edited by langgis08

Hello, you are very wrong if you say that the motherboard doesn't matter the performance a single bit. You need to get your things right, then start raging about computers.

another clueless person show me one review where 2 motherboaards in the same class show a more then even 1 fps difference between them you cant.significant difference between motherboards are when they switched from agp to pci-e.seriously learn more before giving people misimformation.all am 3 boards will perform pretty much the same.they run on the same chipsets.this is like comparing 2 different brand graphic cards they will perform pretty much deadnutts the same unless one is overclocked.if you spend more money for a board typically your spending for added features nothing more it will NOT make a difference in performance sorry.this is coming from someone who has built countless PC;s over a 10 year period so i know what im talking about.like i said prove me wrong find 2 motherboards with the same chipset and show me they are different in performance like i said 1 fps at most.the only other difference you might get is if one is an 8x pci express and the other is 16x but even that is negligable

Edited by banenwn

the only one talking about motherboards "in the same class" is you. now go back to class and learn something, please. As i said before and I say one final time, they guy asked for opinion on that hardware running Arma2 with 'satisfactory performance'. Do you agree or disagree that the hardware he listed will do as he asked?

I gave my opinion about that motherboard, i did not state fact based on reviews. You will never convince me that the Biostar board he mentioned is a good choice, so stop.

-Ziggy-;1752570']the only one talking about motherboards "in the same class" is you. now go back to class and learn something' date=' please. As i said before and I say one final time, they guy asked for opinion on that hardware running Arma2 with 'satisfactory performance'. Do you agree or disagree that the hardware he listed will do as he asked?

I gave my opinion about that motherboard, i did not state fact based on reviews. You will never convince me that the Biostar board he mentioned is a good choice, so stop.[/quote']

I am not trying to convinve you of anything you say boards have an impact on performance IT DONT. get it through your head you said it yourself your fairly new to pc building or whatever it is you do ive built more computers then you will in your lifetime your just wrong.other then the graphics card everything in his list will run arma really well.your opinion means nothing if you havent even owned a biostar board.sounds like he wants a budget build and he doesnt want to spend 200+ on a board with needless features he wont use.If all he is doing is gaming he cant go wrong with this rig accept i might go with a 5770 or a gtx 460.cpu and gpu is where the power comes from get it through your head and stop responding with ridiculous assumptions.bottom line if all im doing is gaming that board runs games as good as any most expensive boards in the am2/3 lineup you will se no difference

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

-Ziggy-;1752570']the only one talking about motherboards "in the same class" is you. now go back to class and learn something' date=' please. As i said before and I say one final time, they guy asked for opinion on that hardware running Arma2 with 'satisfactory performance'. Do you agree or disagree that the hardware he listed will do as he asked?

I gave my opinion about that motherboard, i did not state fact based on reviews. You will never convince me that the Biostar board he mentioned is a good choice, so stop.[/quote']

same class meaning you cant put an i7 cpu in an am3 motherboard this is what im saying but yet you cant even comprehend that clueless

I just thought about OCing my E8400 with this cooler:

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p632234_Alpenfoehn-Nordwand-Rev-B-S775--1156--1366--754--939--940--AM2---AM3.html

to around 4.00Ghz

and getting the GTX460

http://www.mindfactory.de/product_info.php/info/p675674_1024MB-Gigabyte-GeForce-GTX-460-OC-GDDR5-PCIe.html

instead of my old HD4850

decent idea?

[i dont have the money to upgrade my CPU also atm]

thanks!

Edited by Himmelsfeuer

How can my opinion be wrong? It can't. its an opinion.

you cant win this debate, so you resort to name calling and flamebaiting?

you're wrong about everything, that's also my opinion :D

I dont care how many computers you have built. It doesn't matter to me. Arma2 is unlike most programs, and it requires more than a budget computer to get satisfactory performance, unless your definition of that is sub 20 FPS.

Edited by [DirTyDeeDs]-Ziggy-

-Ziggy-;1753316']How can my opinion be wrong? It can't. its an opinion. :wave-finger:

/QFT on the Biostar appraisal

Biostar is not a quality brand for the record and as the motherboard is the foundation of the whole system, well nuff said really.

You don't build a house on mud.

-Ziggy-;1753316']Arma2 is unlike most programs' date=' and it requires more than a budget computer to get satisfactory performance, unless your definition of that is sub 20 FPS.[/quote']

Yeah, but as long as the board has the right specs, it's not going to affect your frame rate to any noticeable level. Whether this particular board is a POS that will die on you is a different matter :)

What do you guys think about HD4890 1GB vs GTX 460 768MB for ARMA? I know the nvidia is the newer card and probably faster too but by how much? In other words, how much extra money do you think it is worth compared to the ATI?

It will run fine, but the gcard is little low for the series, your cpu and ramm will make up the differennce,

but you should be able to run on med-high setting, if not on all high,

but you would be suprised with this game what you can/cant run.

ok. will this one run arma 2 at least on medium settings with decent fps.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-dv7-4045ea-06590283-pdt.html

Processor AMD Phenomâ„¢ II X4 P920 Processor

- 1.6 GHz

- 1.8 GHz HT

- 2MB L2 Cache

Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64-bit

RAM - 4GB installed DDR3 RAM

Graphics card ATI Mobility Radeonâ„¢ HD 5650 Graphics

- 1GB Dedicated

ok. will this one run arma 2 at least on medium settings with decent fps.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/hp-pavilion-dv7-4045ea-06590283-pdt.html

- 1.6 GHz

- 1.8 GHz HT

- 2MB L2 Cache

- 1GB Dedicated

I guess so, as long as the viewdistance isn't too great. 1.4k is probably ok.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

Please don't buy that. It has a slow gpu and a slow processor. this pc would of course be cheaper if you built it yourself but at least it's able to run arma 2 well on medium-high details.

Edited by Leon86

I was referring to your post for your specs solidsnake2384

---------- Post added at 12:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

- 1.6 GHz

- 1.8 GHz HT

- 2MB L2 Cache

- 1GB Dedicated

jimos this should good, you got a decent processor their, and plenty of Ram.

solidsnake2384

The specs on the computer your looking to get, which i listed below:

# 1GB Nvidia Geforce 240 Video Card

# E5400 2.7GHZ Intel Dual Core Processor

# 4GB of DDR3 Memory

# 640GB of Storage

# See-thru side panel

# 2x 120mm Red LED fans

# 1GB Nvidia Geforce 240 Video Card

this card is a low end nvdia card of the 200 series, it is a decent card, I personally have a 260,

card will work for you, you may have to play with low-med settings. Howevre i would suggest upgrading

this card in the future to some bigger then a 260, but what you have will work in the meantime.

# E5400 2.7GHZ Intel Dual Core Processor

The Cpu is decent, pretty good, its enough power to run the game

# 4GB of DDR3 Memory

plenty of memory here, compared to ine I only have 2 gigs and I can max out my game 50% of the time.

The computer overall is a decent buy, but like i said about the graphics card i would reccomend

upgrading in the near future to a higher 200 series card, but it will work for now.

You have a good cpu which meets the requirements of the game, so I think you will be fine,

with that processor and the card, and Ramm you should be able to run the game np on all low,

and fairly decent on med, and should be able to run on all high settings with no issues til you get

where theres a lot going onl, on the screen, all depends on what you play.

Arma2 is a CPU and GPU demanding game, if you are low in one area it will effect another.

Go for it!