Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

I'm running it on low now and got FPS between 15 and 25, but I got one problem. small white dots starts appering in the trees while i'm playing, I just wondered if anyone knows how to fix it?

Edited by Skylin3

I'm running it on low now and got FPS between 15 and 25, but I got one problem. small white dots starts appering in the trees while i'm playing, I just wondered if anyone knows how to fix it?

i Believe those little white dots are light going trough the branches, leafs, ect.

:bounce3:

$750, am I getting ripped off?

You could get newer parts for the same price, such as a pII 720 BE and 4870. That stuff is last gen.

Hi all, this is my first post ;)

I'm using the following combo:

* Intel Core i7-950 @ 3.06GHz (4 Cores HT -> 8 Cores)

* 3GB RAM: 3x 1GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-8500 (triple channel)

* Nvidia GTX 285 @ 1,024MB

* Acer H243HAbmid 24" Wide/Full-HD @ 1920x1080 res.

...Playing at full res./ very high details very smoothly, experienced freeze-like moments only a couple of times on UK servers (based in Japan)... so I can guarantee it works ;)

Btw, how can I see my framerate/netspeed in MP, is there a specific instruction to type in console?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4ghz

3gb ram

32 bit vista

PNY Nividia GTS 250 1gbDDR3

2 Questions.

1- Does windows 7 run arma2 faster or will it be the same?

2- If i want it to perform faster what's the first thing i should upgrade.

Sorry if it's big. I don't know how to reduce it :d:

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s93/Skyline93/Untitled.jpg

i have the same exact problem but they appear on roads and terrain thats a bit further. I do not know why but most of the time its noticeable.

Hi all, this is my first post ;)

I'm using the following combo:

* Intel Core i7-950 @ 3.06GHz (4 Cores HT -> 8 Cores)

* 3GB RAM: 3x 1GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-8500 (triple channel)

* Nvidia GTX 285 @ 1,024MB

* Acer H243HAbmid 24" Wide/Full-HD @ 1920x1080 res.

...Playing at full res./ very high details very smoothly, experienced freeze-like moments only a couple of times on UK servers (based in Japan)... so I can guarantee it works ;)

Btw, how can I see my framerate/netspeed in MP, is there a specific instruction to type in console?

it helps if you switch hyperthreading OFF because Vista plus the beta of windows 7 dont reconise hyperthreading sometimes it puts all the work on core1 and not on the other 3 with HT switched on

The Spec i have is

Processor: 7i 965 ex edition watercooled to 5ghz,

12gb of ddr3 ram at 2000mhz,

2x 295 geforce in sli

my mobo is P6T Deluxe V2

30ich NEC TFT plus

1 ocz vertex 120gb ssd and 1tb samsung spinpoint F1

System type: Windows Vista 64 bit SP2

This sweet machine set me back £3500

Edited by Sharpethunder

I think after trying this in a couple of misions, it is more for the reaction time of AI not accuracy. Lower slide means they are slower in response when they see you. But their deadly accuracy is same as I far as I observe.

Any other way to reduce accruacy aisde from a few addons out there (which work great!)? (addons are a headach in MP)

Love this game guys. The only problem that I have is that when doing some LAN games with friends and we use the WIZARD to set up a game, it seems that the AI has superhuman sight and hearing, being able to kill us from waaaaaay out, sometimes using weapons that in no way would be accurate to shoot with at that range.

And god help you when you open fire, no matter how far out. They instantly spot you and move in, unless yer out in the open where you die.

Is there any way to turn down the AI superhuman sight and hearing without going into a dedicated server setup? Thanks for the info....

He is correct. This is my only problem with the game.... the enemy has an unfair sighting and reaction time. Oh wait hot-key support sort of lacking as well

"unfair" ? Unfair like you sniping 10 poor unsuspecting AI from some high vantage point during a mission, or mowing down half an AI squad with an M240 maybe ?

I think the word you might be considering is "realistic" or "even-handed", this game is not like other FPS.

'Tis True

Gone be the days when you could wipe out a whole city as long as you had enough ammo.

I used to play coop Armed Assault with my friends and we had games ending up with us dying 5-6 times and killing around 300 dudes each. It was fun but it wasn't challenging.

Sometimes I would play solo missions in the editor and I would place a dozen enemy squads in a city and kill them all, alone.

That doesn't make any sense unless you are fighting the dumbest army in the world. Now I find it difficult to deal with ONE squad. I am scared shitless! The new AI doesn't fuck around man and I like that. I don't need to put 700 enemy units in the game anymore since a few well placed squads will do the trick.

I used to complain about that because I suffered from the "protagonist complex". You know. "I am the HERO and I will kill ALL OF THEM!"

Arma 2 is closer to a simulation where you are just a little cogwheel in the Grear War Machine. Doing your part to help... stuff like that.

I think the AI sees too well. The player AI (the one that calls out Enemy.. Man.. Close etc) can detect enemies that I cannot myself see or enemies that are almost impossible to spot from afar.

This happens very often. One must also assume that the enemy AI is also this capable.

Also, enemies seem to see through grass/shrubs/tress. Their vision is too good.

I don't think this game puts humans and AI on the same playing field.

I'm not Skynet goddammit!

Think thats partly adressed in the next patch as it say they fixed that dead enemies still give your position to other soldiers.

Apart from that i dont think the sliders make a very big difference.

You may try Thunderbirds Accuracy addon that lowers it for all sides which works quite nice for me.

And while were at it, did anyone notice any difference in AI when you set it to Super-AI?

It always was in BIS games but results were hard to spot for me in the past.

That's a reasonably good price for what you are getting I suppose considering that you are getting a full system prebuilt for you. Can you afford to upgrade it more? If so, how much are you willing to spend over all?

I was skeptical about my PC running ArmAII but I was dead wrong, it runs it just fine and with graphical settings on high for everything.

ArmAII v1.02

CPU, AMD 3500 at 2.2ghz

2gig RAM

Nvidia 9800 1gig overclocked

winxp

dx9c

The only thing I noticed was occasional rendering issues and random black screen during multiplayer. It seemed it was more so just a lagging of the rendering and eventually it catches up, I beleive it's a game issue since I've read others having similar issues with the newly released version.

Overall, runs great and I really enjoy it! Thanks BI

seems a fair price to me :)

in the future you could always ebay the 9800GTX (which I think is more than capable anyway I'm only on 8800GT myself) and get a newer card to slot in there

going to chek out a pc tomorrow so wich one is better for games today and future like MAfiA 2, Assassins Creed2, MW2 all those things

Q8200 2.33

E8400 3.0

X3 710 2.6

7750 X2 2.7

Combined with a 9600GT and 4Gigs of ramzor!!

Win xp ^^

Well given what I posted on my system specs you'll be just fine with any of the options you posted. Obviously the higher ghz CPU will give you a little more bang for your buck but all will do just fine. Most will depend highly upon the graphics card and RAM.

it helps if you switch hyperthreading OFF because Vista plus the beta of windows 7 dont reconise hyperthreading sometimes it puts all the work on core1 and not on the other 3 with HT switched on

The Spec i have is

Processor: 7i 965 ex edition watercooled to 5ghz,

12gb of ddr3 ram at 2000mhz,

2x 295 geforce in sli

my mobo is P6T Deluxe V2

30ich NEC TFT plus

1 ocz vertex 120gb ssd and 1tb samsung spinpoint F1

System type: Windows Vista 64 bit SP2

This sweet machine set me back £3500

And sweet it is indeed ;) who do I have to kill to get one? lol

What if I run XP-Pro, do I still need to turn off HT?

It's an obvious mistake people make due to the way it's programmed. The AI you're with yell out when they see people through mountains, grass, walls, the other side of the map, but you'll notice that they don't react to it.

You can see this for yourself, set yourself in an editor mission as an independant and set bluefor as hostile to independants. Then set a squad to pass over your position.

Start the mission and hide in the bushes. The enemy pass straight over you without noticing but you can sometimes hear them calling out that they've seen you even though they don't react (hopefully that gets fixed)

That said, if you're lying in grass and you make a sound, the AI can pin point you and will decorate the area with bullets, the downside us humans suffer from is that directional sound in game isn't good enough for us to pinpoint the exact location of the AI by sound alone.

One other thing to note.... I've noticed a lot of people saying that being able to clear entire villages solo isn't realistic, but I was watching a documentry the other day about a guy called "Rambo". This guy managed to take out entire villages, although, I couldn't quite understand a word he said.

What I think it should work is to make the AI infantry unable to engage enemy that is more than 400-500m away. So they will detect the enemy and move to his location but not shoot until they are ~400m from the enemy. Unfortunately I don't know if its possible to edit AI behaviour only for infantry, otherwise tank crews and fighter pilots won't shoot at distant enemies either...

Hah, nice

one thing I forgot to ask, what missions are you getting this super ai aim cause ai seems to have trouble hitting me, that said, all it takes is for someone to create a mission and manually set the difficulty of each ai to full.

Although, back in arma 1 I had ai pot shotting me from 500m away but that turned out to be a bug with my virtual drive screwing with my real drive and activating fade, stupidly enough I played for 1 month without realizing my bullet spread was wrong

And sweet it is indeed ;) who do I have to kill to get one? lol

What if I run XP-Pro, do I still need to turn off HT?

i am not sure sorry. If you do i surgest to try it both ways and see what fps you get but i think its best to have it switch off for now until mircosoft get an update which reconised each core can do 2 threads

Using the SecOps thing I keep getting Russian soldiers that down my entire squad in a single volley. I was crawling through the woods one time about 200m away and they some how saw us. Their first five shots took out me and two of my men. The fourth got hit by a single shot from someone and died immediatly which means I don't know what happened to the 5th.

But I had it other times where I would be crawling towards them and they would see me right away and fire a single shot and kill me.