Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

Will my PC Run this? What CPU/GPU to get? What settings? System Specifications.

ChosenOne1: you can't....

bestrangerdx : that's a really bad pick...office PC...

Edited by PuFu

Is there any over under £500 that will play arma 2 well? If so where, I don't mind u telling me Wat parts to buy n I'll build from scratch :) thx

ChosenOne1: you can't....

bestrangerdx : that's a really bad pick...office PC...

Are you sure I can't? I tried both Arma 2 free and Arma 2 OA demo and both worked pretty well on medium settings.

Are you sure I can't? I tried both Arma 2 free and Arma 2 OA demo and both worked pretty well on medium settings.

No, i am not sure, just a educated guess (not so educated when it comes to mobile gfx it seems). weirdly enough, that gfx card of yours has 256 dedicated vram, and the rest up to 2gb shared. In fact you should be able to start it and play it on lower gfx intensive settings. The CPU and RAM are pretty decent.

If you can run the demo and/or A2Free, you can run the full product.

Hi. Looking to buy either a desktop or laptop but leaning toward latter.

I know desktop GPUs outperform mobile GPU's but am prepared to tradeoff for mobllty.

This $1499 (Australian) MSI looks decent what do you think ?

nVIDIA Geforce GT650M 3D Graphic Card 2GB GDDR5

Notebookcheck seems to say allright things about it.

Will it play ARMA2 at highest settings ?

Processor: 3rd generation Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor 2.3Ghz (Turbo 3.3G)/6M

Screen: 15.6inch Anti- Glare Full HD (1920x1080) LED backlight

Memory: 16GB DDR3

Storage: 750GB SATA 7200 RPM HDD

Operating System: Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium

Video Chip: nVIDIA Geforce GT650M 3D Graphic Card 2GB GDDR5

"Performance

The gaming performance of the GeForce GT 650M equipped with DDR3 graphics memory lies somewhere in the former 2011 high-end category between the GeForce GTX 460M and GTX 560M. The performance is exceptionally good in shader-heavy DirectX 11 games and benchmarks. However, the 128-Bit memory interface can be a bottleneck if DDR3 graphics memory is employed. Despite the slower core clock of only 735 MHz, the GDDR5-version of the card should be much faster. Demanding games of 2011 like Battlefield 3 will be playable in 1366x768 and medium or high settings. Less demanding games, such as Modern Warfare 3, are easily playable with maxed out settings and 1080p resolution."

I dont know the prizes in Australia, but it seems very expensive. CPU is fine, 16GB Ram is useless until you run a RAMdrive. Is it Win 64bit by the way ? I consider the GPU is too weak, ArmA is much more demaning as BF, what i know. Do yourself a favor and buy a desktop. There are vendors where you can configure yourself and only what you need. Go for a i2500k or better, 8 gigs, maybe a 560 ti or better.

Hi guys, Im hoping on building a gaming pc that will run arma 2 on max or at least high settings :) my budget is £500, I can put a pc together easy it's just understanding what parts go together:( I could just buy a pc but maybe if I build it myself I will get more for my money :) if u are willing to helm well I love you! If u refer to explain parts and stuff by speaking then I have Skype :) and will add you :) thanks, Nathan

I am now looking at two different computers to run Arma 2 on high. Which one would be better suited for it:

iBUYPOWER SUPREME TG906SLC Gaming PC - 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, Liquid Cooling, DVDRW, 800 Watt, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme GX6109LQ Gaming PC - Intel Core i7-3820 3.6GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, Coolermaster Elite 431 Case, Liquid Cooling, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

i5 or i7? - the diff is hyper-threading which most game still not utilizing it yet, low on budget get i5. Got money to burn get i7.

GPU - get the most expensive your budget can allow you, SLI if you can afford it.

RAM - Games rarely use more than 2-3GB ram, most of the ram will be used by google chrome,win7 and etc.

SSD - SSD is a must if you want a good experience with arma2

For those that's having CTD or BSOD issue, run furmark GPU stress test to verify if there's any problem with your setup. Arma is one of the game that will push your GPU to 100% most of the time and doing a stress test will assist in eliminating hardware issue and software. Gets you to RMA that hardware while it's still under warranty too.

Wats ssd bro? :)

wats google bro?

I am now looking at two different computers to run Arma 2 on high. Which one would be better suited for it:

iBUYPOWER SUPREME TG906SLC Gaming PC - 3rd generation Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz, 16GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670, Liquid Cooling, DVDRW, 800 Watt, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

CyberPowerPC Gamer Xtreme GX6109LQ Gaming PC - Intel Core i7-3820 3.6GHz, 8GB DDR3, 1TB HDD, DVDRW, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570, Coolermaster Elite 431 Case, Liquid Cooling, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

def. choose the i5-3570 with gtx670 system. not sure why they put in an 800W psu, that system will only use 400W in the absolute worst case (linx + furmark)

Wats ssd bro? :)

Its a SolidStateDrive based on flash cells, much better performance than HDDs, especially data access times.

I'm running a small one with only Arma installed.

I've decided to make a small gift for myself - changing CPU. Now I'm running Core 2 Duo E6550. The possible variants are something like double-core CPU with much higher core frequency and cache memory or quad-core CPU with not so much higher specs. Both on 775th socket (now I don't have enough finances to change MB and RAM, total budget is about $190). Which variant is better?

I've decided to make a small gift for myself - changing CPU. Now I'm running Core 2 Duo E6550. The possible variants are something like double-core CPU with much higher core frequency and cache memory or quad-core CPU with not so much higher specs. Both on 775th socket (now I don't have enough finances to change MB and RAM, total budget is about $190). Which variant is better?

I wouldnt really spend money on a s775 setup.

A great upgrade would be a secondhand Q6600 or some other cheap quad. I sold my Q6600 a year ago for 50,- you could probably find one for a similar price.

Hey guys, one place you can check to see if your game can run it is www.game-debate.com. It allows you to find out if it can run and at what settings.

---------- Post added at 17:19 ---------- Previous post was at 17:17 ----------

Check out TigerDirect, best place to find any parts for cheat. What I would recommend is to try building the computer yourself (or have someone build it for you.) Lots of computers you can get to run games like Arma 2 and anything that requires Dx10-11 for just under 400 bucks.

Check out TigerDirect, best place to find any parts for cheat.

Best? I dont know where you are but here in States Newegg generally has better deals.

Newegg no like Canadians lol but Tigerdirect does lol.

HaHA! Ploy to expose your cover.... successful!

Seriously tho I hear ya, when I lived in remote Carribean - TD was my only salvation for a PC gaming quality computer. Im still amazed on how fast they got to my tiny island!

I wouldnt really spend money on a s775 setup.

A great upgrade would be a secondhand Q6600 or some other cheap quad. I sold my Q6600 a year ago for 50,- you could probably find one for a similar price.

Unfortunately it's the only available option for me now, since all the money were spent on the new apartments.:)

So you say Quad is better for Arma than top Core 2 Duo?

Unfortunately it's the only available option for me now, since all the money were spent on the new apartments.:)

Ok, want me to try and give you a cheap build? Tell me how much money you have for a computer.

---------- Post added at 03:53 ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 ----------

HaHA! Ploy to expose your cover.... successful!

Seriously tho I hear ya, when I lived in remote Carribean - TD was my only salvation for a PC gaming quality computer. Im still amazed on how fast they got to my tiny island!

There was a ploy? I never said where in Canada I am so good luck with that :P

yeah, a Q6600 will do better than e8400.

I was thinking about getting a pc for gaming but just don't have enough money for a high end one at the moment, so I was thinking I should buy a start up PC. I found this one not that expensive at all but looks like it has good specs and was wondering if it would actual run Arma II or have I read it wrong. It's on ebay LINK:

In short, not really.

To run A2 you need at least a dual core running at 3Ghz (better quad core) and a decent video card.

Since you're on such a tight a budget I'd suggest a low-end but recent CPU (e.g. Intel Core i3-2100 £90) and video card (e.g. Radeon 7750 @ £85).

Then grab a cheap 1155/H61 mobo for £35, 4GB of DDR3 1600MHz for £20, 1TB 7200rpm HDD for £70 (Samsung SpinPoint F3) and SATA DVD-RW for £15.

Finally a decent case & PSU for £55, e.g. Coolermaster Elite 330 with 500W PSU

I know that £370 is double your budget but I don't see how you can do it any cheaper.

This reputed site underlines this

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/buyers-guide/2012/05/18/pc-hardware-buyer-s-guide-may-2012/2

Trust me it's worth saving the extra quids and enjoying the game on a fast machine, rather than fiddling around with a croaky ol dinosaur like that one.

In short, not really.

To run A2 you need at least a dual core running at 3Ghz (better quad core) and a decent video card.

Since you're on such a tight a budget I'd suggest a low-end but recent CPU (e.g. Intel Core i3-2100 £90) and video card (e.g. Radeon 7750 @ £85).

Then grab a cheap 1155/H61 mobo for £35, 4GB of DDR3 1600MHz for £20, 1TB 7200rpm HDD for £70 (Samsung SpinPoint F3) and SATA DVD-RW for £15.

Finally a decent case & PSU for £55, e.g. Coolermaster Elite 330 with 500W PSU

I know that £370 is double your budget but I don't see how you can do it any cheaper.

This reputed site underlines this

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/buyers-guide/2012/05/18/pc-hardware-buyer-s-guide-may-2012/2

Trust me it's worth saving the extra quids and enjoying the game on a fast machine, rather than fiddling around with a croaky ol dinosaur like that one.

When going for a price/performance rig I wouldn't get an i3. A Celeron G540 is still a sandy bridge dualcore and less than half the price of the i3.

For the price of an i3 you can also get a PhenomII x6 1045T, slightly faster in arma 2 and the gains in arma 3 are probably greater.

When going for a price/performance rig I wouldn't get an i3. A Celeron G540 is still a sandy bridge dualcore and less than half the price of the i3.

For the price of an i3 you can also get a PhenomII x6 1045T, slightly faster in arma 2 and the gains in arma 3 are probably greater.

The G450 sounds like a cheap alternative (£45) except that I can't find any evidence of it's performance under OA.

Phenom II x6 1045T isn't easy to find so I searched for it's older brother the Phenom II X6 1100T and I found that under OA it only slightly slower than Core i7-920. Sadly the i3-2100 doesn't feature in the OA benchmark.

Do you have any benchs that show that a Phenom II X6 is faster than a i3-2100?

As I've found a bench that shows that in 2 other games (Crysis & Terran Conflict) the opposite is true.