Sign in to follow this  
amadieus

EU Forces?

Hey there, i was wondering if it would be a good idea to have European Forces in this game for maybe a Expansion, in my opinion yes, Europe is a advanced and powerfull nation, and it would be cool to play wiht them as the american allies.

Remeber that i sayd European forces so no England or Germany, but the EU.

mmmh i already see myself flying in the Eurofighter tounge2.gif

Last time I checked England and Germany were part of the EU... but hey, I know what your getting at, and I would also say leave it to the Mod teams.

Hey there, i was wondering if it would be a good idea to have European Forces in this game for maybe a Expansion, in my opinion yes, Europe is a advanced and powerfull nation, and it would be cool to play wiht them as the american allies.

mmmh i already see myself flying in the Eurofighter  tounge2.gif

Are you taking about European Battlegroups which are gathered from units of multiple nations? Like NBG (Nordic Battlegroup) or EUBG. Or are you after some absurd Europe country?

Leave that to modders (if they bother). It's huge task for developers to model all that kit which those have. NBG forexample has 5 different nations. Each having their own gear, from rifles to uniforms + vehicles.

Ps. Europe ain't nation and hopefully will not never come one. smile_o.gif

Europe can't get its act together in matters like writing a constitution, how should they form a united army? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Europe can't get its act together in matters like writing a constitution, how should they form a united army?

You may want to google Eurocorps

mmmh i already see myself flying in the Eurofighter  tounge2.gif

Are you taking about European Battlegroups which are gathered from units of multiple nations? Like NBG (Nordic Battlegroup) or EUBG. Or are you after some absurd Europe country?

Leave that to modders (if they bother). It's huge task for developers to model all that kit which those have. NBG forexample has 5 different nations. Each having their own gear, from rifles to uniforms + vehicles.

Ps. Europe ain't nation and hopefully will not never come one.  smile_o.gif

Yep i mean armys like EUBG or the Euroforce

Modders could do it, but i would love to see it in an Expansion after Arma2 is done.

well maybe som UN troops at least?  biggrin_o.gif

yeah . That would be nice

Hmmmm, maybe an idea for an expansion pack ? smile_o.gif

We know that BIA is working on NATO (Uk, Netherlands,...) stuff, so maybe they hand out their models for ArmA2.

if they can think of a good storyline then i would be all for maybe introducing, say, the UN in another part of chernarus.

Hmmmm, maybe an idea for an expansion pack ? smile_o.gif

We know that BIA is working on NATO (Uk, Netherlands,...) stuff, so maybe they hand out their models for ArmA2.

yeah the netherlands are a great thing to start with :P

and european forces : maybe modders or expansion pack

european forces [...] expansion pack

I would love that !! They could add some equipment from the largest and most expensive army in EU which France is. :rolleyes:

Edited by dunedain

Europe is a advanced and powerfull nation

Europe is a nation now? When did this happen? :whistle:

Back on topic, I agree with the "leaving it to the mods" sentiment. There's just too many different types of unit, vehicles and weapons to be made for an EU taskforce. Inevitably someone's home country will be left out and they'll be forever asking "How come country X isn't represented?" or "How come weapon/tank/aircraft Y isn't included?"

Edited by echo1
Typo

Hi,

Europe is a advanced and powerfull nation

Nation? I must have slept in school but europe as a whole is rather splitted (western and eastern block) than united.

Not harsh, just a note because I found that odd.

b2t

Would be kinda interesting to see some soldiers from europe but what I'd rather want to see, would be some african armies, because they are fresh and refreshing nowadays.

But I would not know how they'd fit in the storyline as the EU forces.

I support this idea, but only if you put 'em in as OPFOR.

EU! *shakes fist*

Maybe, BIS will put them as and "Independent" force. Sort of the like the RACS forces.

I like the idea of additional units included with the game. Having it with the original game instead of a mod means it can be accessed easily by everyone. I doubt inclusion of a few more units is really going hurt the modding community - even the stock US units have been replaced with ranger, marine etc. Including another nation with standard troops would be great, leaving modders to concentrate on other units for that nation.

I doubt inclusion of a few more units is really going hurt the modding community

It's nothing to do with the modding community - it's to do with BIS. The fact is that the campaigns and missions have probably been finished now, making it impractical to just throw in another side into the mix. So BIS would be making a bunch of units that don't really add anything to their product, which would take time and effort away from things like making sure the game runs well without bugs. I know which one I'd rather have.

We were thinking about an eventual futur expansion pack with something else than the usual Us/Urss weaponry, everyone here is aware that the game won't change anymore until release in june.

Edited by dunedain

It's nothing to do with the modding community - it's to do with BIS. The fact is that the campaigns and missions have probably been finished now, making it impractical to just throw in another side into the mix. So BIS would be making a bunch of units that don't really add anything to their product, which would take time and effort away from things like making sure the game runs well without bugs. I know which one I'd rather have.

Somebody said "leave some stuff for the modders", so I pointed out that there would be stuff for the modders. Obviously at this stage in the development they are unlikely to include new units, that doesn't mean they cannot do so in an expansion pack or with Arma 3. I'd prefer units in the original because it means people don't have to download mods, etc which makes it more accesible.

I support this idea, but only if you put 'em in as OPFOR.

EU! *shakes fist*

Never.

And you shall better not dig any deeper into this, at least not on this forums.;)

To be honest instead of the present US forces only game. I would have prefered that BI made the game with the NATO forces (which includes the US and quite alot of Europe). This would have made a balence between our requests and a good backdrop. But I'll still buy the game not matter what:)