Sign in to follow this  
evilnate

Username embroidered on uniform

With XML you can have your squad's image on the arm patch.

Is what I allways though would be cool is to have the username embroided on the uniform, like like this picture.

Thanks for considering BIS.  smile_o.gif

Example

Yeah, I always wanted to see HOTCHIXK2112 on a Uniform.

They need to revamp the name system in ArmA. Ask for a First Initial and a Last name and then it would work. That, or assign random names along with the original username, so if you choose an English name it won't look funny if you happen to spawn on the Russians side.

For instance, lets say my name was Brendon (AND IT IS!wink_o.gif )

In game, it would assign me a random name, so when I type, it would look like this:

[brendon]Vasily Andreev: I'm going to crush you Western Bastards!

And on my Uniform, it would state the name assigned to me Only, such as V. Andreev.

ooohh, good topic.

BIS should pay attention to this, this is definitely possible

We could have our profile on the soldier. Like we could make it so your profile has a rank, name... Then it gets reflected on your uniform. This is sgt. pots or something like that.

The 5ton trucks in ArmA 1 already render text from the XML data (black on dark green of course) so this should be very possible.

Yeah, I always wanted to see HOTCHIXK2112 on a Uniform.

They need to revamp the name system in ArmA. Ask for a First Initial and a Last name and then it would work. That, or assign random names along with the original username, so if you choose an English name it won't look funny if you happen to spawn on the Russians side.

For instance, lets say my name was Brendon (AND IT IS!wink_o.gif )

In game, it would assign me a random name, so when I type, it would look like this:

[brendon]Vasily Andreev: I'm going to crush you Western Bastards!

And on my Uniform, it would state the name assigned to me Only, such as V. Andreev.

Uuuh, why? A nick is a nick, no matter which side you're on. I'll always be unpronouncable dmakatra, whether I'm playing an American, a Russian, a civilian or a cow!

Other than that, I'm all for the idea. Would make MP coordination a lot easier.

the mod OFrP already did this in its infantry pack #1. check thunderbird's comment in this thread OFrP Release #1

i agree, it will be cool to have this feature included on default soldiers in arma2 smile_o.gif

yeah nice idea!

It would look really nice and would help to communicate with each other, because of the XML logo on the arm and the nick-name on the front of the soldier.

Uuuh, why? A nick is a nick, no matter which side you're on.

Because Some Nicks just don't belong on a Uniform.

Yeah, and blowing up cows with the help of satchel charges isn't appropriate behaviour for USMC personnel, but it won't stop me from doing it!

The game is what you make of it. If you don't want h3adsh00ter to be presented on a uniform, then you are free to go and join your super hardcore MilSim clan where you can't even fire a gun unless you do a two hour cleaning procedure first.

Whether your nick is h3adsh00ter or J. Johnson, it still is your online name and it is the name that you choose to be presented with.

I like realism - but what nick someone has i care less about. All i care about is if the guy/gal plays as a team member.

Some games has taken out numbers and non letter chars so they cant be used in the game (nick) name. Doesnt bother me though.

It would be a good way to destinguish different players on the battlefield especially if its on veteran mode where you might not have friendly tags enabled or even in cadet mode, i know you would only be able to see what the player is called when your close up, but atleast it takes away the hovering tags!

That was the worst thing about Veteran Mode, not being able to see tags. Even up close you couldn't see who a person was.

Uuuh, why? A nick is a nick, no matter which side you're on.

Because Some Nicks just don't belong on a Uniform.

Then how do you suppose this kind of feature does any good if you can't match the uniform name with the player name? You can already choose to have a completely silly custom face with a squeaky voice and have some stupid picture as your xml image showing on your arm.

Does anyone know if someone from BIS would make a statement/reply if they decided to go with a community suggestion?

I really hope they go with this so people don't have to make silly neon green faces just so they can be identified by team mates. I am pretty sure this would be a easy implementation even if it is last minute. I don't think any other mil sim developer has ever done such a thing.

whistle.gif

Product_5421_enl.jpg

72 @ Feb. 19 2009,04:20)]I like realism - but what nick someone has i care less about. All i care about is if the guy/gal plays as a team member.

Makes it a little easier to identify guys even if friendly tags is turned off on the server. Makes you have to get close, but still better than live in the dark...

I think it is a great idea.

That was the worst thing about Veteran Mode, not being able to see tags. Even up close you couldn't see who a person was.

In Veteran, I'd like to see tags with name up to 50m, no further. Then noname tags (just green for fiendly to indicate you're able to know the uniform and/or weapon) up to 100m. Beyond that, and you'll have to switch to Regular mode. The switch off all tags should be possible in both modes though.

your username and your rank on the uniform is very realistic and great

Let's be generic in the request:

- we need a customizable sign that shows the ID of the player.

- to keep the OFP/ArmA freedom it should not use alphanumeric characters, rather a 128x128 (limitation needed to avoid to hight traffic in MP) pixels sign like for the clan tag

- it should be possible for addonmakes to place them everywhere on the surface of an addon

- it should be possible to resize them by keeping the resolution

In OFP I remember tank addons where the clan tag (from squad.xml) appeared on top of the antenna. It was the same tag that was on the other 3 places in the standard BIS model.

your username and your rank on the uniform is very realistic and great

AH Haaa

Wonderful idea sniper targets on uniforms :yay:

Regards walker

You know this is a very good Idea. Its possible..and shouldn't be hard to implement. I for one would love to have this. In Arma I had a custom face with Hawkins tattooed on my arm so People would know me. This is a nice touch...for when i wear sleeves.....

Swat 4 actually had this, and it was really sweet.

You'd go into a building with 2 teams, there is a gunfight going on somewhere in the building and later on you find several dead bodies and an operator.

"Now who is this?" One look at his back and you could see the nickname of the player embroidered on it :)