Sign in to follow this  
CyDoN

One question that MANY fans care about.

WOW,everyone speaks about the deathmatches and not about the TvsT C&H missions I post.You try to find a ''negative'' point (in this case deathmatch)to attack PvP.

Mister second take your shit away please. biggrin_o.gif .Just kidding.

So here it goes my wishlist for ARMA II:

- Fix phishics (dont wanna see 50 tons tanks flying 100m in the air)

- Make tanks and APC fully functional

- Give choppers counter measures

- Create SAM vehicles so hellfires are not GODLIKE

- Dig in the sim aspect of aircrafts....specially regarding adquiring targets.

- Polish the wheeled vehicle driving so its more sensitive

- Make weapon switching slighly more quick and fluid

- Make shortcuts to drop current weapon and pick auxiliary

Thats for the sake of all us coop and the others

Then for coop (maybe 100% of the people that have played this and have fully understand the game)

- Fix the AI

- Create a strategic level AI

Thats my wishlist... if I were all for the PvP I would ask for a anticheating in the very first place but it looks like the pink elephant in the middle of the room they dont want to point.

Finish.

PD. For me the only reason PvP dont mention the problem with people cheating is that they allready gave up on that...they wont or they cant see that it is nearly

IMPOSSIBLE to create a fresh PvP community on ARMAII if a 12 yrold kid can blow up the game from week 3 from release.

So they still grip to their small communities and say they are worth it all..

AND I REPEAT....GO PLAY HL, COD, BF2....etc etc etc Its easier that you convince usual players of those games that ARMA is for them than us trying to convince that ARMA is for you.

AND I REPEAT....GO PLAY HL, COD, BF2....

Why do you keep telling that? It sounds idiotic.

AND I REPEAT....GO PLAY HL, COD, BF2....

Why do you keep telling that? It sounds idiotic.

and retarded...

WOW,everyone speaks about the deathmatches and not about the TvsT C&H missions I post.

It doesn't matter what is the form of PvP. be it DM, C&H, TvsT or anything as long as players are playing against players.

And if you think that i'm against PvP your wrong: i want it back in. So i agree with you and Celery that Michael_Wittman is one of those which i refer to be assholes.

Using a batallion level battlefield simulator with a 20x20km map for deathmatch is not only idiotic and retarded it speaks from itself about the player.

Its so plain stupid that I cannot find the point to begin to explain you how wrong you are. For me it would be like trying to explain quantum mechanics to a 5yrs old kid. I give up on you.

Anyway I think I did hit the nail as the name calling has suddenly begin ... Loooooooooooool.

Yes guys the awfull truth hurts dry your tears and move on and repect yourself and stop the name calling - that one is for free.

Using a batallion level battlefield simulator with a 20x20km map to play against AI instead of capable human players... is not only idiotic and retarded it speaks from itself about the player.

#vote kick Michael_Wittman

Coop and PvP are both feasible and with some minor animation + control tweaks.  Arma2 will hopefully please absolutely everyone, except close minded people such as yourself.

Wittman: Blah... As many times before i've crushed you when you come out with your odd ideas and logic, i could do it in this thread as well.

Quote[/b] ]Using a batallion level battlefield simulator with a 20x20km map for deathmatch is not only idiotic and retarded it speaks from itself about the player.

Like this. So instead of PVP you use it in idiotic COOP where 10-20 guys slaughters hundereds of AI opponents who acts idiotically. Just as accurate stereotype as yours.

Using a batallion level battlefield simulator with a 20x20km map for deathmatch is not only idiotic and retarded it speaks from itself about the player.

It's not idiotic or retarded. It's fun. The way you act so hostile against specific game modes tells that you are quite narrow-minded. Deathmatch is nothing more than a global objective of killing other players more than they kill you, the game doesn't matter except it's more entertaining with the realistic gameplay of ArmA.

Its so plain stupid that I cannot find the point to begin to explain you how wrong you are. For me it would be like trying to explain quantum mechanics to a 5yrs old kid. I give up on you.

Your argument is obviously so stupid that you can't even back it up. That's why you fail to explain yourself. It's like arguing with a 5 year old child who just says "I'm right and you're wrong!"

You need both... have your cake and eat it too. So be quite you poopheads!

On the one hand, once you figure out how AI operate, its only a matter of figuring out how to exploit those non-human characteristics. Granted, though they are hard, they are nothing compared to human opponents, they never will be, not in a 100 years - thats life.

On the other hand, however, the fact that AI can/is programmed has its mannnnnny advantages too... I mean, what is the likelyhood of you wanting to play online with some human friends and assault a enemy camp, are humans REALLY going to be patrolling that camp and pretend that nothing is going to go wrong? Are your friends going to patrol the forest and make way for a convoy to go through - all within a 5 minute notice from the time you get the urge to the time your actually playing... No. You need AI, plain and simple. There are numerous other examples, but the more I give - the more 'they' will reply with pointless negativity.

Theres going to be a mission editor, hence all gamemodes are available... So I don't know what the big deal is, play what you want. There has been no hints that the game is going to be oriented one way or another, so arguing about this stupid crap warrants nay sayers nothing...  so shut up and sit down... and never enter this thread again.

Sorry to lump few ArmA pvp players here together with those bodycount + headshot l33t pwners  tounge2.gif

Agree that cheat protection and proper server settings + good admin are one of the most important points to play a good pvp mission. Otherwise its stupid run and gun like in many other shooter. Sure it can be fun if you bit drunken and dont care anymore on realism. Hehe reminds me of a sniper mission with 35mx500m "arena". Reducing the combat area in that way is imo only good for funshooter serious addicted "mastak1ll3r". But each to his own.  smile_o.gif

Make a concise list with all important things for all kind of Arma2 pvp missions. Better to do something for it instead of bitching again and again.

Maybe BIS can provide some kind of templates that only need some fine-tuning from a good pvp player/mission designer?

...Co-op OTH , offers the opportunity to work as a team with friends to complet a mission by supporting and assisting rather than running aorund blowing things up.

Co-Op offers teamwork against an opposing force made up of retards and mental defectives(A.I. I mean). I find and have found absolutely NO challenge in co-op.

An OPFOR made up of thinking, adaptable people will always challenge you more than the mindless drill running of standard co-op against the moving target drones of the A.I.

PvP can be done right. Evolution would be amazing if you could join the OPFOR. Face it ,even co-op the way it is now has it's fair share of idiots. I don't think Pvp will bring anymore.

The realism of this series will keep out the hardcore run 'n gun FPS mouthbreathers anyways.

IMHO, YMMV

Anyway I think I did hit the nail as the name calling has suddenly begin ... Loooooooooooool.

Yes guys the awfull truth hurts dry your tears and move on and repect yourself and stop the name calling - that one is for free.

Oh please. In the end it's a friggin video game. People play it how they want.

I've played large organised missions, and I've played simple deathmatches and CTF games. I've enjoyed them all, and I would rather play them in ArmA than Call of Duty.

You can't go telling people how they should play a game, it's like a child telling people how someone should play with their favorite toys icon_rolleyes.gif

Coop players do not understand 1 thing.

We dont tell THEM what to play, on the other hand they tell us lol

We just say that this game needs some PvP support, if you dont like PvP go kill bots, we dont care, its fine with us.

Whats the problem with that I really cant understand... LOL

And the statement "there is an editor go make missions"

What if I don't know how and don't care to learn? What happens then?

And in the end look all those popular PvP games, they all come up with some maps to kill your friends.

Whats the problem and in the end the THREAD says about how the game needs PvP and how to make it, not IF it has to be made.

@Michael_Wittman

The awful truth is that u tried to play BF2 or any other pvp game, a game I don't like but cant get why you ppl hate so much, but you got so pwnd that you now hate everyone who can win you. I bet you had problems with your friends at school when they were picking other kids to play football  nener.gif

Oh and something last. Coop players say that Coop offers the "work as a team" thingy, you obviously NEVER play and orginzied clan PvP match in ANY game from starcraft to ArmA where the 5vs5 or 2v2 or whatever makes you DEPEND on your teamates.

Don't generalise like that. I see players from both sides act like total idiots here at times, some 'hardcores' seem to think their preferred way of playing makes them special somehow.

Many people actually enjoy both, including me. Seeing this pathetic "coop players are lame", "PvP players should go play CS" is just embarrassing the community. It would make an outsider think that this game is mostly played by idiots.

We just say that this game needs some PvP support, if you dont like PvP go kill bots, we dont care, its fine with us.

Whats the problem with that I really cant understand... LOL

And the statement "there is an editor go make missions"

What if I don't know how and don't care to learn? What happens then?

And in the end look all those popular PvP games, they all come up with some maps to kill your friends.

Whats the problem and in the end the THREAD says about how the game needs PvP and how to make it, not IF it has to be made.

@Michael_Wittman

The awful truth is that u tried to play BF2 or any other pvp game, a game I don't like but cant get why you ppl hate so much, but you got so pwnd that you now hate everyone who can win you. I bet you had problems with your friends at school when they were picking other kids to play football  nener.gif

Oh and something last. Coop players say that Coop offers the "work as a team" thingy, you obviously NEVER play and orginzied clan PvP match in ANY game from starcraft to ArmA where the 5vs5 or 2v2 or whatever makes you DEPEND on your teamates.

Im sorry but you are death wrong i ve played pvp games since doom...conecting 2 pcs by COM port. The first game i played more seriosly was the very firts beta versions of CS by LAN as the módems were 56kers by that time. I have allways score great and the game I have enjoyed the most was the old Day of Defeat 3.1 thats the good old days. In all this time I have enjoyed PVP a lot I know what its all about and from the very beggining I had bitter discussions with my clanmates about wether we should play this game PVP or Coop and I told them this game had nothing to do with any former experience they had and that the game was not suited for PvP....so sure...that back then i said that time would judge how was right... Today we all play coop all the time and the arguing is long gone for good.

About if Im any good at PVP ... I can only say that countless times I have had to switch team just to balance the game. In most of the games Ive played I ve barely found challenging rivals. The people that currently play or have ever played with me rely on my skill and tactics.

Of course everyone is free to use the game as they wish but for me using this game for "hexenkessel" alike missions and deathmatch is like watching someone use their lambo murciélago to carry pigs and fertilizer by the countryside.

Von Klausebitz rolls in his grave.

Of course everyone is free to use the game as they wish but for me using this game for "hexenkessel" alike missions and deathmatch is like watching someone use their lambo murciélago to carry pigs and fertilizer by the countryside.

You know jack shit about PvP if you think it just means hexenkessel and deathmatch type stuff.

This just goes around in circles icon_rolleyes.gif

Indeed. Can a moderator please close this?

This thread has been going for soon two months and has not moved an inch.

Von Klausebitz rolls in his grave.

Havent you read all those posts about ESL maps or other tournament map packs???

Have we EVER talked about Hexenkassel??

OMG...

Nothing against Hexenkessel!

You can blame Celery and me for the existence of Hexenkessel in ArmA, it took me 6 hours to place all the buildings just like in the original mission of OFP. tounge2.gif

However, Hexenkessel was very popular in OFP and it was fun to create this slaughter mission in ArmA too.

Every mission makes the variety bigger and that is something nobody can be upset about.

We all wanna play in ArmAII the kind of missions we like the most and the mission-editor helps us to make that happen.

Im really hoping that BIS will release a well polished game and not another disaster like ArmA was...

Im still missing some fluent animations and real controls of the infantry units in ArmA.

So i hope i will be able to enjoy ArmAII with well overworked movements and a great repertory of missions of all kind of game-modes!

xmas_o.gif

Nothing against Hexenkessel!

You can blame Celery and me for the existence of Hexenkessel in ArmA, it took me 6 hours to place all the buildings just like in the original mission of OFP.  tounge2.gif

However, Hexenkessel was very popular in OFP and it was fun to create this slaughter mission in ArmA too.

Every mission makes the variety bigger and that is something nobody can be upset about.

We all wanna play in ArmAII the kind of missions we like the most and the mission-editor helps us to make that happen.

Im really hoping that BIS will release a well polished game and not another disaster like ArmA was...

Im still missing some fluent animations and real controls of the infantry units in ArmA.

So i hope i will be able to enjoy ArmAII with well overworked movements and a great repertory of missions of all kind of game-modes!

xmas_o.gif

Hey Frantic we have nothing against Hexenkessel wink_o.gif

but some people here put words that we have never

said.

Honestly I'd rather like BIS to concetrate on the proper SP/coop campaign (so it's comparable to original OFP), instead of making a a few online maps which will get buried under dozens of user-made missions and forgotten within weeks.

Honestly I'd rather like BIS to concetrate on the proper SP/coop campaign (so it's comparable to original OFP), instead of making a a few online maps which will get buried under dozens of user-made missions and forgotten within weeks.

but if they are used properly in tournaments they will not be buried. After all who cares about the campaign.

After all who cares about the campaign.

rofl.gif

I totally agree with what your saying in this thread!

But to say no-one gives a f*^k about the campaign i just daft!  smile_o.gif

Many many ppl got so sucked into Ofp because of the campaigns.

It is totally clear that BIS are trying to make the campaign of ArmAII as good as possible. It would be dumb to not try it.

tounge2.gif

I played the campaign of OFP together with my brother and that was the headstone where the love to OFP began for me.

And the second thing after finishing the campaign was the mission-editor.

With this great tool i was able to create a lot of funny COOP missions for playing them together with my brother in LAN.

It was way later when we got an internet-connection which was good enough to try out the online area of OFP and that was the start of non-stop OFP playing.

At my start of playing OFP online i played everything, COOP and PvP and i have to say that both aspects were just great.

Furthermore, i still think that there is for everyone an aspect in OFP where you are able to find the way of gaming you like the most.

For me it was the thrilling feeling of having a flag on the back and the bullets were flying around my head. That was the reason why i joined a clan to play PvP in a more serious way than playing public PvP only.

I guess it was in 2003 when i came to the online multiplayer of OFP and all the missions we played were just user made content.

I had played the standard missions of OFP already enough in LANs and therefor the new custom missions were just great and it was very easy to find out which ones were good, because the good missions were the most popular ones.

tounge2.gif

After another year of constantly playing OFP online i started with my own CTF mission creating, because i wanted to have more high quality PvP missions and the most easy way to get what you want is to make it by yourself.

In the end of 2006 there came ArmA and i started right from the beginning with mission making, but sadly most of the old OFP players stopped playing ArmA one after another, because they were totally upset about the movements and controls of the infantry units in ArmA.

These days there is nearly no PvP in ArmA left and it is just such a shame that this has happened.

BF, CoD and all the other FPS games out there are really no alternative for the gameplay of OFP and it was a shock for us to see that ArmA cant offer the same gameplay as OFP did.

On the first view its not really clear whats the big difference between OFP and ArmA, huge island, a lot of vehicles, many online players possible, mission-editor and so on, but at the end it was really just the clunky controls and the robotic movements of the infantry units which scared many OFP fans away from ArmA.

I already said it a few times in this thread and i try to explain it again.

In a game where you are most of the time traveling on foot, it is really important to have well polished controls and fluid movements, otherwise it can destroy the whole feeling of the game itself.

So im still totally looking forward to ArmAII and its well overworked infantry animations and movements!

I still believe in you BIS!

smile_o.gif