Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

ww4 anims beta

After toying around with some Ghost Recon mods, i went back more inspired to more work on the weaponry of the released corps.

At some points, i wanted to give a groza smg or variations of it to some of the east CT units, having equipped some of the GR troops with one earlier, but to my surprise it seems very few people tried to make a groza smg, in fact i found only one, while texture were not that bad, the model was very simplified.

So i decided to give a try and done something even if my poor skill would not allow anything really correct.

On google images , i found this photo the only exploitable for me :

9bm69x.jpg

After working on it (trying to make a base version without the grenade launcher), i ended with this in O2 :

33tmott.jpg

way too bright in comparison to the rest of the eastern arsenal i have, so i darkened it a bit, and the final result was this :

2j14xn8.jpg

It is very low res, texture quality is not really good, but as i am not really able to get it better and it is a functionnal smgl weapon that allow for more variation in the eastern side troops, it will do the trick.

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/Groza/grozapics/oc14groza06.jpg

Seems like it would not be hard to make a high detailed model as its just a modified AKSU with out the buttstock, raised sights and moved pistol grip. Just modify a RHS AKSU or if you want to make it your self, here are some blueprint of parts of the ak47

http://thedisease.net/?ejaculate=library&your_poison=Gunsmithing

And here are lots of photos of AKs

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=93&t=68981

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=93&t=64490

STGN

I was not satisfied by my previous model, so i redid it from scratch again using the photo i had as reference.

And i think this time the model is really nicer, i managed to get it in less than 1000 faces for the most detailled lod :

v30r5w.jpg

Too bad the texture is not as nice :/

xkzn2h.jpg

But i have not found better exploitable photos of the weapon (i saw the one you linked already, the grain is unfortunately even worse).

And as if i reproduce the real thing like in the model i did, t will give problem with animations, i will customise it and move back the trigger guard, this way the left hand will catch the weapon instead of floating in the air in front of the canon.

Bit of update, i forgot that greyscales-only textures can be converted nearly withotu any visual grain/loss when using the very slow but good IA 8:8 PaaTool option.

So i took the too much colored photo that ended ugly too grainy previously, converted it in grey and got finally a nice PAA.

I updated the model, as it did not fit the new texture at all (i guess they were 2 different Groza smg).

The hand guard and longer canon should help for the left hand catching it.

The model :

e7fb0p.jpg

The new texture once applied on the model :

2aj3t69.jpg

the photo used in this :

10ih4pz.jpg

That's already a lot better in my opinion, it is not as grainy as it was.

I will darken a bit more the texture to get on par with the east weapons i have, but i think that's a nice optimised Groza there, not high poly and is using only 1 texture.

This is a fantastic project, the groza smg look really good. On another note since you released the modders resource pack i went over add re did my Nogovan Light Infantry Units with new textures, and back to BIS faces. It inspired me quite a bit to get back in to ofp modding smile_o.gif

Can one of the East Corps have an AN94? There is only 1 I have found for OFP, and its not the greatest looking weapon mod ever.

Certainly, if someone can make an AN94 of a decent enough quality to not look too out of place in comparison to Earl east weapons, i could include it.

Quote[/b] ]This is a fantastic project, the groza smg look really good. On another note since you released the modders resource pack i went over add re did my Nogovan Light Infantry Units with new textures, and back to BIS faces. It inspired me quite a bit to get back in to ofp modding

That's great, always happy to hear the insane hours i spent into building the ressources are not wasted wink_o.gif

There is atleast two have you tried hoyt's weapon pack 1.3 if I remmember correct it wasn't too bad its an-94 was even animated. You can downloand it at ofp.info.

STGN

That's great, always happy to hear the insane hours i spent into building the ressources are not wasted wink_o.gif

Well it is immensely appreciated, your very much a saviour of ofp.

thumbs-up.gif

You have rekindled my spirit in releasing all my unreleased ofp Nogova related addons, and my mini Nogovan Light Infantry mod  smile_o.gif

There is atleast two have you tried hoyt's weapon pack 1.3 if I remmember correct it wasn't too bad its an-94 was even animated. You can downloand it at ofp.info.

STGN

Not tried that pack yet.

But an important notice when suggesting adding this or that, is that it is not like i can take any weapons i want from anyone, i need permission to do so, like i have for Earl, RHS and Laser weapons.

And for now i am way too busy to go looking for addon authors that from a search on this forum have disappeared since 2005 and that website have disappeared as well.

So unless someone tells me he obtained permission to include something, it is very likely such something will not make it in my mod.

thanks for the kind words R0adki11, i hope you will be able to get what you need from the ressources.

Well after trying the pack again the textures seems not comparable to Earl etc. Vilas made an AN-94 for ARMA might be convertable? But don't bother if its too much work getting an AN-94 in game. The AN-94 seems to be going now where in real life enyway.

STGN

Yes that's my problem currently, there are much weapon addons, but as most of them are CS models conversion in a way or another, their textures don't really fit along model created for OFP specific washed out worlds.

If it was not for my need of something different for smg-kind of eastern guns out of the usual AKSU-serie, i would not have included my Groza as its textures are not on par at all with Earl masterwork.

I could try to get an an94 using the same kind of trick i did for the, but there is simply no reference photos that are of high enough quality to give the detail nicely and without overxposure from the light (and more importantly have the correct position to be exploitable) to not look just horrible ingame.

So i believe i will have to do without.

but i have already enough weapon to give me tons of headache with writing configs for them.

Brilliant work Sanctuary, found the new releases after coming back from holidays  xmas_o.gif

Ofp spirit is still breathing 'round here...

Quote[/b] ]And for now i am way too busy to go looking for addon authors that from a search on this forum have disappeared since 2005 and that website have disappeared as well.

So unless someone tells me he obtained permission to include something, it is very likely such something will not make it in my mod.

I've got the same kind of problem, isn't there a "community jurisprudence" that says that if authors cannot be reached anymore, things can be used giving deserved credits ?

What weapons are you gonna include?

STGN

Maybe you're right, if someone is not found anymore in the community as long as proper credits are made to state the true ownership of the addon, unless it has been expressed that an addon must never be used out of its specific release conditions, it can be acceptable.

Well maybe for future incoming corps, once i run out of weaponry, i will consider this.

I guess that's even more headaches incoming while writing new weapon and ammo classes.

Now while working on mloding each of the weapon odol, repairing them for all the mloding process errors, with the purpose to fix lightings (sharp/smooth where needed) that is bad on some weapon addons, to harmonize the resolution lods according to my system and optimise the polycount or texture amounts of the weapon exaggerating them....

am ending with lots of weapon ... and so lots of different kind of ammo required for them.

Thinking about this, i will then not be able to keep the BIS compatiblity, as their ammo class is far from being extensive enough to cover all the needs there.

I think i will go with JAM3-like ammo system as they have covered a lot more ammos types, but to not force another additional addon download along the mod, they will be built in the ww4 weapon pack config.

Additionally, i will separate the army corps config more than 3 by 3. Basically there will be 1 config -> 1 corps , so if one army corps does not interest the user, just deleting the related pbo will be enough to get rid of one, instead of removing 3 corps at once.

Quote[/b] ]What weapons are you gonna include?

Currently i have those weapons that i converted in MLOD, repaired, fixed lighting, re-order lods, optimised in texture amount and faces :

WW4_AK74

WW4_AK74GP25

WW4_AK74Kobra

WW4_AK74PSO

WW4_AK74SD

WW4_SVD

WW4_RPK74

WW4_PKM

WW4_M16

WW4_M16M203

WW4_M16Aim

WW4_M16Acog

WW4_M16SD

WW4_M24

WW4_M249

WW4_M249Aim

WW4_M60

WW4_M240

WW4_M1014

WW4_MP5

WW4_MP5M203

WW4_MP5Aim

WW4_MP5SD

WW4_MP5SDAim

WW4_M249

WW4_M240

WW4_Groza

WW4_GrozaAim

WW4_GrozaSD

WW4_GrozaGP25

I have a lot more in the pipeline but they are too far from ready.

These weapons up there should cover in the next beta the :

West Army

West CT

East Army

East CT

The militias and insurgency continue to use BIS AK47 based weapons for now.

Will be a pain to configure all of this though

Bow to Earl instead, he is the talented guy that created them.

And about Blackops, i have 2 black operations corps for west and east (W) and (D) that hopefully will make it for the next update, along the weapon. Not sure which corps along the planned i will try to include for the resistance side, probably the mercenary themed one.

For your weapon packs if you need an FnFal to replace the bis one, you are free to use the FnFals in my weapon pack.

Thank you, it could be usefull for some of the planned troops.

Additionally, i will separate the army corps config more than 3 by 3. Basically there will be 1 config -> 1 corps , so if one army corps does not interest the user, just deleting the related pbo will be enough to get rid of one, instead of removing 3 corps at once.

I love you biggrin_o.gif

What's more, in GRAA mod there are only M16A4. I hope that corps in '80 camo will have M16A2, M16A1 and M14.

Remember that A1 and A2 had no RIS so that 2d optics must be different.

Very small request from me. Can you also include AK MS with unfolded stock?

Here's a detailed picture

Polski_20AKMS.jpg

It's AKMS lying on Polish camoflage "Pantera '93"

Pretty, isn't it?  inlove.gif

I have not planned to replace the BIS weapons for the 85' unit replacements and i am not interested in doing so, as the 85' or replacing things are not the focus of the ww4 mod.

The unit replacement was just a bonus.

I already have way too much work with the current and planned ww4 corps weaponry models, textures and configs, so BIS weapon will not be replaced by me.

For the weapon, i have an AK47 model that will make it for the released militia/insurgency.

WIP Mexican armed forces addon for OFP

mexaf2id5.jpg

mexafhx2.jpg

All this thanks to sanctuary  inlove.gif

I just need to work on the patches and badges wink_o.gif But the annoying part is done (Re-pathing the textures from test_man to MexAF)

For texture repathing, you can use TexPathSwap, it works very nicely for the models.

For the badges, if you try to make them by drawing/copypasting on the uniform texture part used for the arm, you will run into the problem that it will appear on both arms, as to save space for headgears on the global body texture, i used only 1 part for both arms.

A solution if you want your badge on only 1 arm is to make them like the "medic" selection on the released models : you create a small face (4 vertices you make into 1 face) and put your badge texture on it (with set background texture).

Then include that face to the lbiceps or pbiceps selection (so it is part of only 1 bicep). Be sure you badge/face is not included in another selection, or it could lead to problems.

This way you could implement your badge the same way the selection medic is included on some troops : a simple small face.