Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

ww4 anims beta

@STGN: http://files.filefront.com/13324714

@Sanctuary: I've taken a look at this commented config, it might be old info for you, but this is what I assume after reading it:

- connectedFrom and connectedTo define "paths" for animation sequences (one animation must end for the next to begin)

- interpolateFrom, interpolateTo, interpolateWith probably define similar interpolation paths (no idea what interpolateWith does though, or why transitionsInterpolated isn't used)

- the transitionsSimple defines the "path weights" to connect animations (a weighted graph between animations with the number being the cost of a transition - since not all paths are displayed, I assume there has to be a default value; also if the same value path exists, it seems it will use either the last definition or some filename/filepath order, hence the sprint transition)

- class Interpolations seems to allow groups of anims which interpolate freely from one to another. I guess the number would be interpolation time, but haven't tested it yet

I had never realy thort that was un intende the sprint to prone but its better this way!

STGN

@STGN: http://files.filefront.com/13324714

@Sanctuary: I've taken a look at this commented config, it might be old info for you, but this is what I assume after reading it:

- connectedFrom and connectedTo define "paths" for animation sequences (one animation must end for the next to begin)

- interpolateFrom, interpolateTo, interpolateWith probably define similar interpolation paths (no idea what interpolateWith does though, or why transitionsInterpolated isn't used)

- the transitionsSimple defines the "path weights" to connect animations (a weighted graph between animations with the number being the cost of a transition - since not all paths are displayed, I assume there has to be a default value; also if the same value path exists, it seems it will use either the last definition or some filename/filepath order, hence the sprint transition)

- class Interpolations seems to allow groups of anims which interpolate freely from one to another. I guess the number would be interpolation time, but haven't tested it yet

Things are sometime a bit more complicated than that.

By example, once you have applied the fix for the crouch walking going prone animation to the config, ingame don't move and crouch.

Then from the crouch position, just go prone, look at the animations.

Now quit, and edit the config and modify the line from before

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">connectFrom[]={"CrouchWalkF",0.5,"CrouchWalkLF",0.5,"CrouchWalkRF",0.5,"CrouchWalkL",0.5,"CrouchWalkR",0.5,"CrouchWalkRB",0.5,"CrouchWalkLB",0.5,"CrouchWalkB",0.5};

into

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">connectFrom[]={"CrouchWalkF",0,"CrouchWalkLF",0,"CrouchWalkRF",0,"CrouchWalkL",0,"CrouchWalkR",0,"CrouchWalkRB",0,"CrouchWalkLB",0,"CrouchWalkB",0};

Now ingame, go into crouch position, do not move and go prone.

Notice that the animation that is played now is absolutely not the same as before.

Why is this occuring ?

When you manage to configure a new animation state, you notice ingame it works well, but then when trying to move or do something else ingame, the anilmations that always worked perfectly suddenly are not functionning anymore the way it should.

That's things like this that annoy me when trying new ideas of animations classes configuration.

A bit of news about beta 12

18 new weapons are added (variations of LR300, variations of AKS-74 (AK74 wth stock) and variations of SG552 ).

Weaponry going to equip the incoming West Airborne, East Airborne and Everon Specops corps.

I placed all the non-strategic classes of objects to side=4 (originally they are side=3 , and so considered as civilians)

I did that because of the wood fences (sandbags), as very often the AI refuses to shoot over because the object is side=3 and so consider it a civilian (and AI always refuse to shoot civilian or near them).

With side=4 this problem does not occur anymore, at least i didn't observed it again.

This way the sandbags become AI friendly again, without the mission editor having a need to setdamage 1 them to allow the AI to shoot over them or launch grenade to them.

Additionally, the east and west airbornes army corps will come as usual in woodland and desert, but there will be "WW4 Parachute (D)" and "WW4 Parachute (W)" categories in addition under West-Men and East-Men featuring the parachutes version of each of the airborne units.

This way if you want your airborn unit starting in the air, instead of using the regular "WW4 West Airborne" or "WW4 East Airborne" men categories, you will use the Parachute version of them, and instead of having their "Special" set to "In Formation", you will be able to set them to "Flying".

And they will start in parachutes, the same process used in the default OFP game, in which you can use the Blackop unit, or select Air->Parachute and set it to Flying, with as a result a Blackop starting in parachute.

I reworked the taz90-like camo for the everon alliance army to get the colors a bit more in par with the real thing.

modder ressource pack 4 will be redone with the corrected mlods , and the new units and weapons one will be inside.

As i have to draw a line at some points, considering the very huge amount of already existing army corps in this mod on top of the incoming ones that makes one of the most content full infantry OFP mod, the next beta will be beta no more.

It will be WW4 mod 1.0

There will be a new thread for it, so i suggest people having noticed bugs and problems in the current beta to report them here if they want them to be squashed along the ones i already fixed.

Because the next update after the originally simple anim mod becomes WW4 mod 1.0 will not be released for a while as i will be then busy on creating more content for it.

And now there is an insane amount of different units allowing for the same kind of insane amount of different missions scenario, i hope to finally begin my long delayed campaign, and i hope to see you lazy people make mission !

Great news, Sanctuary! smile_o.gif I'm still learning mission making, but don't fret - I'll do my best to contribute some missions sooner, rather than later.

That's great to hear, because you will have in bonus a 4th new army corps to have even more different kind of mission possibities.

Along West Airborne, East Airborne and Everon Specops, there will be Everon Paratroopers (and so they will have like West and East airborne, a parachute version of each of them)

The Everon Paratroopers woodland version will use a polish pantera-like camo and the desert version an english desert DPM-like one.

So in total for the 1.0 release of the WW4 mod, there will be a total of 19 ! different army corps and each of them coming in 2 versions , woodland and desert.

There is material for nearly every kind of mission needs.