Sign in to follow this  
sanctuary

ww4 anims beta

I'm using the BIS model (The one provided )

For the llauma heads I added an event handler. But the one I'm using is the BIS head.

EDIT:

I also noticed that their face isn't screwed up in GRAA, neither in ww4. It's weird. I also noticed that the face model is kinda different, check this out: (My guys are at the top, ww4 west soldier at the bottom)

comphe9.jpg

Texture paths on head: data\00000mc_Pilotw2.paa and data\xicht_2a.paa

EDIT 2: I think the problem is with westhelmet2.p3d because I made a brand new model by merging westhelmet2, bodyonly, boots3, hands. And loaded it, it still showed one face only. It's from the resource package one.

To have face changing, the whole face (not helmet or more) must be included in the selection named " osobnost "

But what i don't understand is that in the ressource package, the face is already included in the correct selection.

You can try to use " ushelmetPASGTh.p3d " instead of WestHelmet2 , the helmet is the same, there is just the round brown ribbon around it (you can select it and delete it without a problem).

Are you sure the CfgModels of your newly built model is correctly defined ?

To have face changing, the whole face (not helmet or more) must be included in the selection named " osobnost "

But what i don't understand is that in the ressource package, the face is already included in the correct selection.

You can try to use " ushelmetPASGTh.p3d " instead of WestHelmet2 , the helmet is the same, there is just the round brown ribbon around it (you can select it and delete it without a problem).

Are you sure the CfgModels of your newly built model is correctly defined ?

The error was at CfgModels, thanks a lot mate notworthy.gif

I just though it might be useful for someone else, to add a groups.h file, as a template of course. Fully compatible with the config file posted in the first page. Might be helpful I think.

Just add <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">#include <test_man\groups.h>At the bottom of the config file.

And create a new file, with extension h instead of txt or whatever.

Copy and paste.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgGroups

{

class test_group_west

{

name="test_groups";

class test_groups

{

name="test_group";

class test_group

{

name="test team";

class Unit0

{

side=1;

vehicle="YOURMODDERTAG_Soldier1";

rank="Lieutnant";

position[]={0,0,0};

};

class Unit1

{

side=1;

rank="Sergeant";

position[]={-9,-3,0};

};

class Unit2

{

side=1;

rank="Sergeant";

position[]={-6,-3,0};

};

class Unit3

{

side=1;

rank="Corporal";

position[]={-3,-3,0};

};

class Unit4

{

side=1;

rank="Corporal";

position[]={3,-3,0};

};

class Unit5

{

side=1;

rank="Corporal";

position[]={6,-3,0};

};

class Unit6

{

side=1;

rank="PRIVATE";

position[]={9,-3,0};

};

class Unit7

{

side=1;

rank="PRIVATE";

position[]={-12,-3,0};

};

class Unit8

{

side=1;

rank="PRIVATE";

position[]={12,-3,0};

};

class Unit9

{

side=1;

rank="PRIVATE";

position[]={-15,-3,0};

};

class Unit10

{

side=1;

rank="PRIVATE";

position[]={15,-3,0};

};

class Unit11

{

side=1;

rank="PRIVATE";

position[]={-18,-3,0};

};

};

};

};

};

Just rename YOURMODDERTAG_Soldier1 to your soldier classname.

Sorry Sanc, are you going to release soldiers like the pic in page 1?? ( a sort of blue russian omon)->> that with rpg behind the uaz ..

Tnx

I can see that when walking near houses or windows, part of the rifle disappears in the wall or window. I have also seen enemy soldiers lying on the ground and ready to fire against you with the leg hidden in the walls. That was normal in SLX mod but never happened in ECP, GRAA and OFP. It happened only when waving the rifle over the doors with glasses. I cannot provide screeshots.

Ah i prefer that, i thought you were telling me the soldiers were moving through walls.

Maybe you were thinking of another game because what you describe  happens with OFP all the time, unlike what you say it happens in GRAA , ECP etc... just try it again and you will see that your rifle can sink into the doors, the walls and even the ground with any mods/addons and even in OFP vanilla.

This is a collision detection problem not related to any mods or addons, that has always been there in OFP, the same that some buildings can get you stuck when you move around closely to their corner in several OFP villages.

For the weapon it is actually a good thing this go through object "bug" exist in OFP, can't imagine how much clunkier the clunky and geometry buggy OFP would be if weapons had precise collision detections because in OFP there is no automatic adjustement of the weapon distance from the player.

In some other games if your weapon hit a wall, your soldier just move his weapon closer to him to move freely, but no such thing in OFP, you and the AI would not even be able to move in a building without getting stuck everywhere.

I have read through the config.cpp-s and it seems (well, I think...) that the issue of having the rifles more or less sinking in the walls is due to the different FOVs used in the mods. Am I right!? confused_o.gif

I generally play with ECP and GRAA with BIS standard FOVs, so I didn't notice that before, only in SLX and in FFUR'85 I have noticed this, as those configs use much enlarged FOVs.

However I don't know if one should restore all the FOVs to their original values or just the ones in Man:Land.

In GRAA mod you could simply disable it for all the defined strings!  wink_o.gif

For WW4 i have not changed any FOV , it is BIS settings there, maybe that's more a problem of graphic driver/OFP settings/etc.. as the weapons are BIS ones i have not even modified them.

I guess you have not noticed it in ECP because you have just notpaid attention, but it is there certainly too.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry Sanc, are you going to release soldiers like the pic in page 1?? ( a sort of blue russian omon)->> that with rpg behind the uaz ..

Possible in next beta.

Anyways,

Double release for the end of this year

First release,

WW4 beta 9

http://files.filefront.com/beta9WW4rar/;12809254;/fileinfo.html

http://www.megaupload.com/fr/?d=NMPP28RF

http://rapidshare.com/files/177997918/beta9WW4.rar.html

http://sharebee.com/d813e3f1

what's new since beta 8

-minor corrections for some of the ww4_trp.pbo units models

-include 3 more army corps :

West Army , very loosely inspired by the us one

East Army , inspired by russian motorised infantry

Militia for the resistance side

-Those 3 new corps feature both woodland and desert version (W) and (D) and are available in a bunch of groups (F2) in the editor like the 3 previous ones.

-changed the funny music for the intro

-new troops models are included in the ww4_trp.pbo

, and their config in a separate config, the config is not dependant on the other 3 previously released troops own config and not dependant either of the main one.

This means you can take the ww4_trp.pbo and ww4_p2cfg.pbo (and/or ww4_p1cfg.pbo) then place them into any other mod\addons\ folder, you are not forced to use the whole ww4 mod to play with those new army corps.

additionally if one of those 3 corps packs are of no interest for you, you can just delete the config pbo for them( ww4_p1cfg.pbo or ww4_p2cfg.pbo), and they will not appear in editor or be loaded by the game.

as usual, that's beta so use it at your own risk, weapons are always BIS ones etc...

Second release,

modder ressources package no3

http://sharebee.com/b8129c81

http://superuploader.net/70451a259669-WW4ressource3-rar.html

http://www.fileducky.com/CKgxBuKq/

It features even more body parts for you to merge around, all the original textures in TGA and the mlod version of all the 6 army corps included currently in the ww4 modpack.

It is an addition to the 2 other modder ressources so if you are wanting to create soldiers or just toy around and modify the included ones, it is always suggested to get both previous pack with this new one to get the complete thing.

This is the last modder ressource package to feature body part or mlods, the next modder ressource pack will be about all those swatches i mouse painted to create the camos of the mod.

Have fun

*firing sounds around*w000t*BOOM*

amazing animations! i even retrieved my old account just to say a comment about your work!

I only wish.. would you make a WW4+ECP config? Pretty please!! Please? with a 100 dollar note on top?

i want see these models scream in pain with an ECP type explosion i made behind them with the US Black Op model!

the replaced west units texture feel a bit brownish for me.. but maybe its addiction to hiding in grassy terrain >_>

Yes it feels a bit brownish for me too, hopefully i should be able to break the brown color domination of the camo pattern in the next beta.

An ECP version is planned, but later.

I reworked the woodland bdu swatch, to get a pattern in which colors are more equal visually, no more brown dominating.

For those that wants this woodland BDU to replace the one currently included in the mod, get the new wbdu.pac and wbdu_b.pac there :

http://files.filefront.com/newwbdurar/;12815510;/fileinfo.html

If you want to update the replacement west, open the ww4_rpl.pbo , in the "we" subfolder, replace wbdu.pac and wbdu_b.pac by the new one you downloaded.

If you want to update the West Army (W) , it is the ww4_trp.pbo you will have to open, and the same in the "we" subfolder replace wbdu.pac and wbdu_b.pac by the new one you downloaded.

Once done, repack the pbo and that's all.

Or just wait for next beta that will feature this new version of the woodland bdu camo, whenever this will be released...

included for modders, a "tga" folder that has the original TGA of wdbu and wbdu_b , along with the swatch itself i mouse painted and can be used with the wrinkle overlay from the modder ressource packages.

yay!  new update!  notworthy.gif

EDIT: No body-armor wrinkle template?  huh.gif

Unfortunately i don't have any body armor wrinkle, i just recolor them manually.

I use the bab.tga , the baf.tga the bpack.tga and the pouche.tga that are found in the "ea" folder as a basis.

For the west version of body armors, i use the brown version from the hyakushiki armor as a basis (after resized it to 256x256).

Unfortunately i don't have any body armor wrinkle, i just recolor them manually.

I use the bab.tga , the baf.tga the bpack.tga and the pouche.tga that are found in the "ea" folder as a basis.

For the west version of body armors, i use the brown version from the hyakushiki armor as a basis (after resized it to 256x256).

Oh I see. I think it's possible to de-saturate the texture to make a template. I'll try that later wink_o.gif

Ok let's report some bugs because I haven't been doing it since MCM released.

-Still no rolling while in prone.

-Patrol stance has only walking and sprint, no jogging.

-Take a look at screen shot. Just sitting in hummer.

bug1as0.jpg

-Another. Killed everyone in truck and weapons went outside.

bug2ml5.jpg

Along with reports I have also some reqests:

-I would like to see longer reloading, it is a point towards realism and to make a use of pistols in CQB/MOUT.

-How about making new civilian (no weapon) animations?

-On one of the screenshot in Graa topic I saw soldiers in multicam... Can I request a full multicam soldier for Bluefor side?

Comment:

I love the new textures and animations. I think that intro shouldnt be a credit list because it mar the feeling of mod. I think that good intro or just a picture like in ffur would be a great solution.

Quote[/b] ]I thort I would chip in I have made a M81 woodland texture also:

Filefront mirror

(includes only the .pac files)

Picture

STGN

Nice texture, but for now it is a bit too bright in comparison to the body armor. If you are you planning to rework it :

For the 85' units, look into the modder ressource pack 2 :

in ...textures\ww4_trp\we\ the file are

wemer1.tga

wemer1_b.tga

they are used for the west replacement unit from the ww4_rpl.pbo

For the modern ones, look into modder ressource pack 3 :

in ...\ww4_trp\we\, the files are

wemer1.tga

wemer1_b.tga

they are used for the west army (w) unit from the ww4_trp.pbo

Quote[/b] ]

-Still no rolling while in prone.

-Patrol stance has only walking and sprint, no jogging.

-Take a look at screen shot. Just sitting in hummer.

-Another. Killed everyone in truck and weapons went outside.

Will see what i can do for the cargo anims thanks for the report.

By the way the rolling anims were already stated as not being there and only for future releases, no need to report the lack of them again i perfectly know as i said it already several time in the thread.

Quote[/b] ]-I would like to see longer reloading, it is a point towards realism

No need of longer reloading it is long enough already. Pistols new anims will have to wait for later, there is more important part of the mod i need to take care of before.

Quote[/b] ]-How about making new civilian (no weapon) animations?

There is already a new animation that even civilians are using : the sprinting , as civilians and pistol only units do not run anymore with the body being straight like Michael Johnson.

Animation are not exactly easy to do, so don't hold your breath for much more.

Quote[/b] ]Can I request a full multicam soldier for Bluefor side?

There are multicam soldiers planned to appear on the resistance side for one of the army corps (Mercenary groups themed) that will be there in future releases.

Quote[/b] ]I think that intro shouldnt be a credit list because it mar the feeling of mod.

No, it is the best way to credit the people that personnal work either contributed or inspired the WW4 mod in many ways, so it will stay.

If you don't want to see it, just remove the anims.pbo from the ww4 specific \data\ folder, the anims.pbo contain only island intro cutscenes, by removing it or editing it you can reverse to original intros or build your own.

It is a good way to customise your intro to your linkings.

Mirror

Now the clothing is less shiny and I have replaced the PASGT body armor texture with one that complements the clothing:

stgnwoodsm5.jpg

Good night

STGN

No, it is the best way to credit the people that personnal work either contributed or inspired the WW4 mod in many ways, so it will stay.

If it is so important to you, it will be important to me.

There are only two ways. To respect project, or not to.

How can I not choose the first one? wink_o.gif

Cheers.

Hey mate, guess what?  tounge2.gif

I was playing with brightness, saturation, etc. Until I changed the color of the black vest to 250% or so lol

And I think I got a humble "template". Chech this out  biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, I can do the same for the black pouches and if you like it, I'd love to help by contributing to your mod.

EDIT: I uploaded the wrong picture, this is the correct one.

vests2um7.jpg

Mirror

Now the clothing is less shiny and I have replaced the PASGT body armor texture with one that complements the clothing:

stgnwoodsm5.jpg

Good night

STGN

That's really good work.

Try to get the 85' shoulder pads using your texture and you would end with a very good 85' US replacement there.

The brightness may be just a slight to pronounced or was it the screenshot, difficult to say, would need some test ingame next to the soviet and resistance replacement that i think had their color tone and brightness right to match the island textures.

Quote[/b] ] think I got a humble "template". Chech this out biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, I can do the same for the black pouches and if you like it, I'd love to help by contributing to your mod.

If you can do it for

-body armor front

-body armor back

-back packs

-pouches

for the east version and the west too (i just noticed i forgot to include this in the ressource pack 3) :

http://superuploader.net/1851de262125-webarm-rar.html

That would be a worthy addition to ressource pack 4 and would get you a place in the intro credit list wink_o.gif

But be carefull that the final result (swatch + body armor overlay) match correctly the color tone and brightness of the swatch+uniform wrinkle.

It is not as easy, i spent lot of time trying to get that right when building my "pseudo ACU".

Sure biggrin_o.gif

First try, firsttrysj2.jpg

I'll make it less dark and see what happens.

EDIT:

2nd one?

secondtryah8.jpg

EDIT2 :

http://superuploader.net/c4ac73262395-TEMPLATES-rar.html

I tested them with the m90 inspired camo. And pouches, backpacks and armor blend fairly well with the body. So here it is for you to test it mate. wink_o.gif I noticed it's hard to match 100% the body because of the bleeding and stretching. So I asked a couple friends to check it out and they didn't notice difference until I told them.

How and when would one go about coloring the web gear/straps and buckles olive drab or black? I'm really new to this and don't understand the process - I'll appreciate any pointers to tutorials and tools. Thanks!

How would one go about coloring the web gear/straps olive drab or black?

Copy/paste? I'd do it that way.

Well there are meany ways to Rome depending on what program you use, now I assume you asking about Paint.NET. I am not really familiar with the program but heres a way I think you could use:

Now lets say you want to use the straps provided by ww4 soldiers what you do is to cut out all excess(not straps) so you are left with at transparent texture where only the strap is visible.

Now turn the straps into grey scale an change the opacity so its transparent. now find the color you want the straps in place that color in a layer benath the grey scale straps.

Adjust the brightness/contrast and opacity settings til it looks right. Copy merged only the arear of the staps and past it on the texture and you will have straps in the color you desire. Alternativly and maby easier just change the hue and brightness of the straps till the desired result(only works if the sttraps is colored in the first place not in grey scale).

Hope this can help you a little:)

STGN

Exactly, you'd end up with something like this in case of straps only. Try using PNG as format because it "respects" white as transparency

strapskr8.jpg

So you color it and paste it.