Sign in to follow this  
EricM

Latest ArmA2 & ArmA2:OA Press Coverage | NO discussion here!

I hope this is how the map will look like ingame. It looks more like real topographical map than maps from OFP and Arma on which you could see every single bush and every single building (was it a shed or a toilet) or wooden fence. They were just too detailed. Using such maps was too easy and didn't give any real satisfaction.

As RKSL-Rock stated in his preview on armaholic, the WASP Class ship seems to be a preplaced Mapobject @ Utes.

a lots of things are visitor pre-placed object that normally wont appear on editor option, however, it wont take long for people to creat editor addon that unlock these hided objects, as in ARMA1 and OFP:cool:

I hope this is how the map will look like ingame. It looks more like real topographical map than maps from OFP and Arma on which you could see every single bush and every single building (was it a shed or a toilet) or wooden fence. They were just too detailed. Using such maps was too easy and didn't give any real satisfaction.

personally i dont think its "too detailed", as in real-world, there would be much more detailed information such as aerial photography as well as satellite imagery for additional information, also military topographical map tents to have more detail then normal toporaphical map, only not down to "bushes and trees" level

Edited by 4 IN 1

The map details look the same as in ArmA with the textures turned off. So I'd expect it to not be too different

New blog post from the guy who previewed ARMA2 for EuroGamer. Nothing really new, just his opinion and some comments to read if you're interested.

The map is quite nice. I am very happy with all the updates we receive. Good job BIS :yay:

Yes but it was very useful for managing the squad : preparing an ambush for example. In Arma2 the AI should take cover by themselves so maybe we don't need an extremely detailed map anymore...

Man can't wait to hear from the german gamers about Arma 2

I hope there won't be to many campaign spoilers :P

I agree with you on both counts.:D

Great find! Does anyone know whether the images of certain cities (that appear whan you hover your mouse above them) have been released? I haven't seen them anywhere yet..

Great find! Does anyone know whether the images of certain cities (that appear whan you hover your mouse above them) have been released? I haven't seen them anywhere yet..

Click on the "more info" link when those boxes appear, they'll direct you do a page featuring the image that is being displayed.

Click on the "more info" link when those boxes appear, they'll direct you do a page featuring the image that is being displayed.

I tried that but it doesn't work with all of them. It opens a page with either "Nature," "Military Areas," "Urban Areas" or "Industrial Areas." Very little of those pictures are actually there.

Edit: Only one i think, the one in the capital city.

they're there Myshaak. I do stand corrected. The "more info" links do not take them directly to the correct galleries for all of them, but if you were to cycle through all the sections you will find the images. If you still cannot find an image on that map, list the location as I'd be interested to see if there is something BIS is leaving off the site.

they're there Myshaak. I do stand corrected. The "more info" links do not take them directly to the correct galleries for all of them, but if you were to cycle through all the sections you will find the images. If you still cannot find an image on that map, list the location as I'd be interested to see if there is something BIS is leaving off the site.

Maybe there's something wrong with my browser (or me) then.. but still nothing..:j: Could you please send me links to hi-res versions of those screens?

The map details look the same as in ArmA with the textures turned off. So I'd expect it to not be too different

You surely don't mean it looks exactly the same as Arma, do you? There are some noticable differences like shaded terrain detail (not in Arma). And a few of smaller details like thickness and colour of countre lines. But I think you're right (if you meant that) and Arma 2 ingame map will be not much different than the one in Arma.

Maybe there's something wrong with my browser (or me) then.. but still nothing..:j: Could you please send me links to hi-res versions of those screens?

I cant see these images in hi-res either. Might not be up in that way.

Regards

Alex

Sweetness! :eek:

I wish the map-display was bigger though, but I can't say I'm disapointed in their effort to show in detail

how Chernarus (South Zagoria) looks like on the map.

I spot:

-North-East top of the map you see a bay called 'Guba'.

-3 airfields (Balota, Krasnostav and Vybor)

-Unique stories at Vybor, Zelenogorsk, Chernogorsk, Stary Sobor, Gorka, Elektrozavodsk, Solnichniy, Berezino and Krasnostav

Edited by colossus
I spot

72;1289743']Sorry if this has been said and maybe most have seen' date=' but for those who havent (i hadnt lol) i post a link to ARMA2's site. It is a flash map you can zoom in and out. Also hover the mouse over some villages/cities and see some small screenshots. Some new screens to me.

"[b']Map of Chernarus[/b]"

Link: ARMA2 Chernarus map

Hi all. This map has been created outside ARMA 2 based on digital vector data gathered from Visitor 4 and is exact representative of the map ingame. So it's not In-Game map screenshot.

The correct link to map is http://www.arma2.com/map-of-chernarus_en.html.

We will modify it tomorow a little bit by increasing the Flash window size and modifying the page layout as the Chernarus page is crowded by a too much info now.

I was hoping for some bigger cities (Twice the size of the capital) and no more individual buildings on the ingame map. Oh well, it doesnt really matter. :p

Hi all. This map has been created outside ARMA 2 based on digital vector data gathered from Visitor 4 and is exact representative of the map ingame. So it's not In-Game map screenshot.

We will modify it tomorow a little bit by increasing the Flash window size and modifying the page layout as the Chernarus page is crowded by a too much info now.

Thanks for the info!

The in-game map has been shown a couple of times (random video:

time index 1:56) so no surprises there (well, it was WIP then), but this map looks really awesome, it's a pitty we won't have it in game.

Thanks Jennik! Very nice things you do for us, and im very happy with what i see. bigger cities would be nice yes, but i think they will impress us never the less with the detail. Im pretty sure when most of us get into the game a lot of "WOW" will come instead of "UHH".

In fact im sure of it. :)

Regards

Alex

I found a "bug" :shine:

"Black Forrest" it should say Black Forest, north-east of Guglovo.

I found a "bug" :shine:

"Black Forrest" it should say Black Forest, north-east of Guglovo.

nice find but its not really a bug, just a mistake, maybe 'forrest' is someone's name :confused:

nice find but its not really a bug, just a mistake, maybe 'forrest' is someone's name :confused:

Forrest sure is a name but "black forest" isn't, don't you think ?

Forrest sure is a name but "black forest" isn't, don't you think ?

Black Forest is a cake.

Considering the amount of pubs mentioned in the Chernarusian cities, that is also a slight hint that our Czech designers like the good life. I hope there is one of these open so tired soldiers can share a cold one between bloody battles.

I expect some delicious (possibly not just metaphorical) easter eggs (chocolate ones?).

I would like to see more information on that map, many places that look interesting don't have any. I hope they have more to add.

"Black Forrest" should say Black Forest.

How dare you accuse BIS of being fallible. :D

Edited by Laqueesha